Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Empty Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda]

Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:56 am

ISAAC SAMUELS| THE MUTT

Samuel was currently sitting on the balcony of a double-story restaurant, a little joint he owned on the side that server kosher food that actually tasted decent. His legs crossed as he watched the city below him, a hand holding a half-burnt out cigarette. He was currently waiting for the Ventatti contact, a woman whom the higher ups in her family decided was fit to deal with him. Much like how his higher up decided he would deal with her. A mutual relationship of dealing with in their criminal underworld, to see what each other would bring to the table.

Frankly, Isaac knew what he had. A motherfucking armory of equipment that if distributed properly would put the outfit to become the premier power in the United fucking States. That was what all the bloodshed and war was about, coming out on top in the chaos so they could bring some stability to the wicked world. He brought the cigarette to his lips inhaling it in, before holding it before a moment. The subtle burn soon leaving his lungs as he exhaled, adjusting his glasses as he checked his watch.

She should be here soon. He was currently wearing a rather comfortable brownish overcoat over his turtleneck. His dual pistols situated in a chest holster hidden behind his coat, he was rarely 'caught lacking' as some said.

"Can I get some Babka? Let's have our guests fill welcomed."

He doubt some sweet cakes would do anything for the meeting, however, he certainly wanted some.

long way up| END POST

Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] JfH75kA
Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] H8Tyk70
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Empty Re: Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda]

Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 pm
Word Count: 313
Imelda definitely looked out of place as she pulled up in a blacked out 2420 Maserati Ghibli. The first thought that most passerby had would be: Those windows can't be legal. Which they weren't, but the nuance of American street laws were below her. The second thing would be: Who is that? The answer to that question would be given as Imelda stepped out the back in front of the restaurant. Now that she was running with the family and doing work, she had started to make some serious money. Definitely not enough to afford all this, on top of her Tonello suit. She borrowed the car from her cousin, but damn she needed to get herself one. Like, fuck, she even got her hair all done up for the meeting. It was all about making a good first impression; the kind they dare not forget.

As she stepped out of her vehicle, she stood on the sidewalk and took off her glasses to make eye contact with the person she was supposed to meet. He stood out in the crowd, blonde hair and big circular glasses can do that to a man. He was so... plain looking. Surely New York had more to offer than just this, right? Anyways, Imelda docked that complaint for later and made her way upstairs. Finally standing in the doorway to the balcony, she spoke English with a moderate Korean accent. "Sorry. I hope I did not make you wait long, the traffic is borderline ridiculous."

Sitting down she'd wave over the nearest waiter, the waiter dropping a menu on the table in front of her. Casually, she picked it up and began to skim over it, her eyes still blocked by sunglasses. For a while she didn't say anything as she read, but ultimately decided to speak up:

"Do you want to start or should I?"

Coding done by S_E

Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Sumera-character-list
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:49 am

ISAAC SAMUELS| THE MUTT

He saw her arrival the moment she pulled up in her rather noticeable car. It spoke to either her wealth, or the imitation of wealth. Both can be equally useful when needing to protect an aura of independence, of power. After all in their business the bottom line was the dollar. The almighty asset that was currency, the thing they bled for and men killed for. But there was something else that came with her chosen method of display: attention.

In their business attention was not good. It was why ultimately war was bad, and it’s ultimately what led to numerous criminals incarcerated to never see the light of day. Like his father. So as as she approached he thought of how he might speak to her, deciding on a neutral approach. He’d gesture to the open seat at the table for her, his head turning looking out the balcony to her. His hand is going to extinguish the half burnt out cigarette in an ashtray.

Shalom, Ms. Vanetti. New York traffic is a punishment I wish for few. You grow used to it, however.” He’d remark with own accent holding a strong New Yorker accent to it. His bespeckled eyes coming to a waiter who brought out the Babka he asked for it. “Please, take one.” He’d offer towards her before picking one of the cakes up, eating it with a practiced grace before smiling at her question.

His lips pulled up in a smile, relaxed in it’s nature. Controlled. Like that of a businessman, or quite average. It spoke nothing of the Enforcer who made his way up during the Tri-State War.

“I can.” He’d remark as he leaned forward adjusting his jacket, uncrossing his leg indicating she now had his full attention. “The Outfit has seen fit to reach out to your family, as we’ve come into holding of a large surplus of equipment. Remnants from World War IV. Pristine. While we can move much of it in the States, we have grander ambitions. And we think the Vanetti family may be just what we’re looking for, in a partnership overseas.” He’d remark, placing his intentions on the table.

His eyes would go to the car which was parked outside.

“However, we do have concerns. America is up for grabs, and the tentative peace we have is only maintained nominally. We do not wish to place ourselves in the crosshairs of higher powers. Be that the authorities, or certain Corporations which hold much sway on your side of the planet.” At this he’d lean forward slightly, as if to stress his next point.

“Discretion is a good quality. Those who draw attention, who look important and wealthy, draw it. In our business the less eyes on us, the better.”

long way up| END POST

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Shalom, Ciao [Isaac/Imelda] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:34 pm
Word Count: 446
As he began to speak, Imelda put the menu down on the table and began to nibble on the Babka he handed her. To be frank, she hadn't eaten anything on the plane flight there due to the nerves, but now that she was actually here her body began to realize that she was starving. Respectfully, the Vanetti sat there and let him speak all he had to before airing her mind.

"It seems that you were right to reach out to my family then. The Vanetti are probably the only family in Italy right now with an interdimensional reach that could possibly assist you with what you're trying to accomplish." The tone in which she spoke had a tinge of confidence to it. but besides that it was pretty normal. And she wasn't lying either; the Vanetti were the only family to her knowledge that could actual distribute products to the other realms in some fashion. Transportation was one of the things they were notorious for so it was only fitting they'd be the best at it.

"Though I do understand your concerns, it's only right to be weary of a people who you aren't familiar with." She leaned in closer to him as well, removing her sunglasses and looking him in the eye. "You needn't worry about us. Our albino overlord leaves us to our own devices for the most part as long as it's self contained. I trust my people enough to know that this won't make it beyond my family so there's nothing to be worried about." A shift in weight was made to throw her back into the seat at a comfortable position. "Even if there was I'd handle it myself." That ominous statement was followed by a moment of silence, to let it percolate in the conversation. During this time a waiter would come over with a glass of water for her.

"Oh, thanks. I'll just take the Rueben." Imelda's eyes darted back to Isaac as she waited for the waiter to scurry off before speaking again.

"That may work in your business but in mine those with the money flaunt the money. This may look over the top for you, but in Sicily this is just what the upper class wear. Clean money lets us make clean purchases and so on..." A wave of her hand towards the car she arrived in.

"But besides that, how much merchandise are we looking to move here? And where exactly do you need this to be moved, if that's something you care about? I find it best to get the logistics of this done now rather than later. Saves me the headache."

Coding done by S_E

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:11 pm

ISAAC SAMUELS| THE MUTT

“The reach you say? Please explain how. It is important we’re aware of how the operation will be run, barring any private details that you wish to conceal.”

He’d remark as he crossed his leg resting a hand on the rail next to him. He was confident she could back up what she was saying, but knowing the details added a level of confirmation that he would be able to safely bring to his superiors. And any other concerns he had where placated for the most part as she spoke about her means of dealing with people. Although he was plain looking, his reputation as an enforcer for his outfit was well known, it was rather jarring to see he was such a bespackled looking man.

“The Reuben. Good choice, a classic. It’s on me so order as much as you wish.” He’d remark as his lips curled into a smile, his head tilting to the side as he appraised her. Her view on money and Italy as a whole was interesting, different from here. “I suppose I will have to trust how the Italians spend their money. Perhaps I shall make a trip, and you can show me how the wealthy party.” It was of course a friendly self-invite, but what self-respecting criminal wouldn’t take the chance to go enjoy a wild time.

With that however he’d uncross his legs as he leaned forward, more interested in speaking about his merchandise. “Exact numbers are rough, but we’re talking more than enough arms to supply a small army for the next twenty-five years in the conservative estimate. Shadow fall cut ties hard, a few bribes got us the location of multiple armories. As for locations, wherever you damn well please. We sell to you, and you alone, and then you outfit whatever gangs, mercenaries, or whoever is willing to buy. Location is wherever the buyer is.”

It was clear he was looking to corner the market with their help, or at least step in where they could. While it wouldn’t make them the most powerful on the block, the capital both of them got would certainly set them up for great things. A hand comes up to adjust his glasses.

“You didn’t ask, but I assure you, any problems that may arise on our side will be dealt with personally by myself.”

That cold edge was familiar to what she spoke with earlier.

long way up| END POST

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:18 am
Word Count: 240
"Oh, well lets just say that everyone works for a price. Plus, when your guys die they just go to one of the two places, making things much easier for you." The waiter came back with the sandwich that Imelda ordered. She took a bite out of it and swallowed before she continued the conversation. "I wouldn't recommend it right now. As I've heard, things are pretty hectic right now. Can't really guarantee your safety."

She was pretty happy to hear that she basically had free reign over what she could do with the distribution of these weapons. There were a lot of places all over the world that could use some weapons to stir up some chaos. More chaos meant more opportunities to sell weapons. The supply creates the demand which creates more supply. Imelda understood now why people get into gun running; that shit could be profitable.

Another bite was taken out of her sandwich while Imelda thought of what to say next. It was surprising that the work she flew across the world to settle would be over with in a span of minutes, but that's whatever. The Crazy Vanetti was curious as to how the air of New York smelled. Safe to say it was fucking awful.

"So why the fuck do you live here of all places?" It wasn't said with any sort of accusing or malice, but rather spoken with an infliction of curiosity.

Coding done by S_E

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:01 pm

ISAAC SAMUELS| THE MUTT

"Safety is at best momentary pleasure and at worst an illusion. So don’t fret over my safety. It’s important for a man to know his market.” He’d remark tilting his head to the side while he leaned back in his chair. He had done too much in his short lifespan to not recognize that eventually he would die by the sword. While he was no means suicidal, he was more than capable to take care of himself and his crew.

But with that she asked a far more interesting question, one which caused his head to tilt backwards appraisingly. It was a simple question, but one which definitely was worth answering. He’d reach into his pocket to remove a gold cigarette case, opening it slowly as he removed one and offered one to her. “May I?” He’d inquire and proceed if the lady did not mind.

He’d take a deep inhale of it, holding the harsh smoke for a second before exhaling.

“I grew up in this shit hole, with barely two cents to scrap together. They called this ‘The City of Dreams’, and for those willing to do anything it is.” He’d remark as his eyes closed with a thin smirk coming onto his lips, as if he remembered a funny joke. His soft chuckle turned into a light laugh, exhaling as he opened his eyes. “This crooked city with its festering underbelly, it’s my city. It’s my people. And I want to run it. From the shitty ghettos, to the high rises. And I’ll cut, kill, butcher, slaughter, anyone who gets in the way of that. That’s why I stay, Ms. Vanetti.”

He taps the end of his cigarette, a small bit of ash going into an ashtray.

“I think that answers your question. I have one myself. Why are you in this game? Money? Power?”

long way up| END POST

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:58 am
Word Count: 240
"Family."

Imelda snapped back with her answer almost immediately, waving away the cigarettes in the same motion. Smoking wasn't really her thing, at least not the cancer sticks that were cigarettes.

"The Vanetti have been doing this for many, many years. It's something that runs deep in my blood, and not only that, but I love my family. So when they ask me to do something for them, legal or not, I'll do it in a heartbeat. Because I know that they'd do the same for me. That's what it means to be a Vanetti." While not literally, Imelda spoke with her chest puffed out, pride behind the words she spoke. Everything she said was true too, these were the things that Imelda really believed in.

"I'll one up you here and ask you: why? Those were some strong words you said there, and I have no doubt you are willing to back them up, but why? What compels you to take a man's life, if need be? What do you fight for?"
Coding done by S_E

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:04 am

ISAAC SAMUELS| THE MUTT

“Does a man need a reason to want to be on top?”

He’d remark as he brought the cigarette to his lips taking another drag of it. There was certainly more to his reasoning to want to be on top that just that, but to admit to such things so openly seemed so… personal. Then again she was going to be his business partner and that needed some level of trust, of understanding. Maybe she’d stab him in the back one day, or he would her, but for now they needed intimate understanding of one another.

As he finished the cigarette he extinguished it.

“I was born into it. My father did his time, and is currently serving a stint up north for it. I needed money for my family, then my mother’s treatments. Cancer. One job turned to another, and another, before I was so wrapped up in it- this was all I knew. Being poor, and powerless, is quite the motivation.” He’d remark with a light shrug.

“I never want me and my own to ever want again.”
He adjusts his coat lightly placing his hands at the edges of it as he leans forward. A hand coming to rest against the table. For a moment an air of absolute certainty follows him. As if the next words out of his mouth seemed the most important he ever said.

“I will do many great terrible things for your family if this deal works. I swear this, as Yahweh as my witness. Is there anything else?” He’d inquire seemingly happy and affirmed with their dealing.

long way up| END POST

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:22 pm
Word Count: 219
By this point, Imelda finished her food, sandwich and all. His story was interesting for sure, but not the most unique that she's heard. And that's not to say that Imelda's story is something one-of-a-kind, because its not. It's just that somewhere deep down, she was kind of expecting more from the mysterious man that sat across from her.

"Hmm, not really." Imelda took a napkin to her face while looking around to signal the nearest waiter. "We'll send a boat to the port in Newark in the next few days. I'll get in contact with one of yours about the details of that. Afterwards, we'll continue the route every 14 days like clockwork. The moment we stop getting goods is the moment this deal falls through. I hope you can understand why." Imelda wasn't fond of just sending out their people across the ocean for nothing. Transportation was expensive, distribution even more so. All of this was only counteracted by the money that was to be made, something that could only last so long.

With that she stood up. "You're paying, right?" It was more of a suggestion than a question but Imelda wanted to make sure. She had no mind paying, just that this was definitely a new avenue for her, the whole formal meeting and all.
Coding done by S_E

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum