Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Empty The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana]

Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:13 am
The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Fd4heuX

FUUEN | WIND BOUNDARY

It was well and good to travel as a substitute, to explore the world as a breeze over the earth, but Fuuen had still committed to the path of working as a shinigami. He knew that many of the other substitutes were not as diligent in this, but to their credit, they also tended to lack his circumstances.

Chiefly, the fact that he was simply a Plus, one of the wandering spirits which should, in theory, be inevitably likely to become a Hollow in time. He had lasted this long without it occurring, and he was fairly certain that he needn't worry about it any time soon, but he still made a note to pay particular attention in this course. Having set his notebook aside for now, Fuuen cleared his things and made his way to the front, wishing to briefly speak with the professor on this topic.

"A brief question, professor. If this is a matter that would be better directed to one of the experts on vizards, I understand, but I was curious if interaction and contact with vizards over a prolonged period could feasibly interact with a Plus' spiritual composition and cause an accelerated Hollowfication. The process of a Plus becoming a Hollow is, generally speaking, of great interest to me, obviously for my own concern."

VICTORY WITHOUT A SOUND | END POST

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Empty Re: The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana]

Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:54 am
The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] HEADER_32596747_p9

It was not very often that she had a student approach her. She found ..... no end to the fascination she felt for her own students. To see these small fledgling things. And to see them forged in such a different kiln than those that hollows were. Her own fascination was matched only by that which seemed to be laced within the students themselves. But alas, fear and suspicion was......something of a factor. While many Students clearly held questions, not as many were so willing to approach even the soft, gentle woman that had become such a rare thing among the Shino academy staff. And so, there was a mote of surprise on her face when she noticed one of the students approaching her. Her brows raised, a look of earnest surprise written as she spotted him.

"Ah, can I help you with something?" She asked, that gentle smile promptly set in place. Though it did pause when she made note of the gravity of the man's question. This wasn't a simple question that she usually received. Little things about Hueco Mundo, or about hollow...quirks in general. This was ....quite a specific question, and she took a moment to look the young man over. ....Oh! She perked up. What an interesting smell. The scent of shinigami..... but also. He was a plus. Frankly a bit fascinating. She had no idea that such was something open to these spirits.

"Hm. I'm not quite sure. I'm aware that a zanpaku'to is capable of konso. And thus, alleviating that sort of situation." She decided not to ask why it was that he abstained from such a thing. She knew the fear of such things. Moving on.... Hollows fled a blade, even if they knew it meant Salvation. Death was nothing to be feared, it is something that was.....freeing. And yet, even she herself..... was ....afraid of what would happen if she were cleansed. And she knew that such a notion might be intense for a plus such as him. Among many other possible reasonings.

She softened, that smile turning understanding, before she looked a bit more serious and thoughtful. "Hollow Reiryoku is inherently infectious. I suppose it would depend on the type of contact. The most dangerous of which of course would be exposure to their direct reiryoku, or just prolonged physical contact. If they are anything akin to Arrancar or normal Hollows." She noted softly. "From what I understand, a Vizard would be much less dangerous than say, an actual hollow, their reiryoku's....smell, doesn't usually match up much with a hollow without their mask on. Though it's still there. I suppose it would also depend on the Vizard. Different hollows have varying levels of infectiousness. But...I would say the risk certainly isn't entirely absent, to be on the safe side of things." She offered a nervous smile.

"If you're a bit anxious about some of the ...other students-" She was well aware that there were a good couple vizards among her students. "I wouldn't worry too much unless you were actively being exposed in those ways." She paused, and then ....took on a bit of an understanding look as it ...occured to her. Ah yes... the students, especially some of them, seemed very .....energetic, especially toward one another. It was entirely possible that he was perhaps ..... very familiar with one of the other students. Hmm. "If you don't mind me asking. When was the last time you checked with your chain of fate? You seem to be the free-roaming type. Was your chain of fate severed? How often do you check on it?" She ventured.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:52 pm

FUUEN | WIND BOUNDARY

"I see. That is roughly what I had suspected, but I am far from an expert on these matters, so it felt prudent to ask."

Unlike many of his peers, Fuuen had no particular fear or concern for the nature of this particular professor. If anything, her quiet, gentle demeanor was rather preferred to some of the other members of the Gotei or the Academy's faculty. There was a certain sense that many of the older figures here took more pride in their name than their own accomplishments, and he could not say he had much in the way of respect for them.

"My chain of fate has always been stable, so far as I am aware. For the past centuries my memories have existed in somewhat of a hazy stasis, so I suppose that has kept any decay at bay. That is no longer the case, but my chain has maintained its stability."

Admittedly, even Fuuen was not entirely certain why that was the case, but it was not his main concern at present. He considered that his blade was in some way connected to the matter, but that was not his chief concern at the moment.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Summer Moon [Fuuen, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Hisana nodded lightly, pleased to hear that he had been keeping a proper tab on his particular chain of fate. Though it was ......interesting to say the least. Curious.... She took a moment to think about the situation, before ultimately, she spoke up.

"I see. That's certainly reasonable. From my experience, and .....what I've learned from others. The chain of fate is connected to your emotions. It is not a simple anatomy of the soul. It is an attachment that keeps you tethered and away from the soul society. It wouldn't be too far fetched to imagine that your mental state is connected to your chain of fate. Pluses who are particularly agitated, either physically or otherwise, tend to erode faster. It may simply be that your mental state is static enough that you can maintain it. Although.... if your memories are starting to fade. That may have other effects. After all, it is also your attachment that connects you with your chain of fate. So....if your memory begins to fade, that may also effect your attachments to the world of the living. Alrhough, it MAY also be the simple fact that you aren't spending TIME in the world of the living that may be helping. After all, the chain is to resist the pull of your soul toward the afterlife." She paused.

Certainly this seemed to be an interesting case. And she let her mind.....wander. Sorting through memories. Of varying...horrific nature. The sorts of things hollows would do to these things. It was interesting to see one so ...resilient. "If you do not mind me asking. What ....exactly was it that kept you from moving on?" She asked. An important question. He had mentioned that he was starting to lose his memory. There was no doubt he would KNOW the reason. HE hardly would have been able to resist returning to soul society without one. That reason was what would be the anchor of his chain of fate. However....if he could not remember it. Then that would certainly be grounds for concern. And a sign that that attachment might be decaying.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:35 pm

FUUEN | WIND BOUNDARY

"My memories, thankfully, are no longer in such a state of impermanence. However, they have come and gone like the tides for some centuries, and it is only of late, having settled among the Gotei and built more stable relationships with others, that I have had them in a single piece. Though, I do not believe it was that stability which granted such clarity."

Fuuen took in her wisdom with no small amount of consideration, thinking carefully about the question. Not because the answer was necessarily difficult, but because serious matters like this deserved more thought than a simple, immediate answer. What had left him as a wandering spirit? What held his soul down, now that he lacked any regrets?

...Mm. Perhaps that wording was not entirely true. Not precisely, anyway. There was certainly nothing forcing him to grieve, to hold him to the Earth, but that did not mean he lacked regrets. There was certainly something keeping him from accepting the next life.

"I have a great deal more to learn and to master before I would allow myself to simply move on. Styles of swordplay that must be perfected and passed down, lest they be lost to the sands of time. And, besides, I think that to simply reincarnate now would only be a disservice to those I hold dear."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:06 am

It was.....interesting. Watching as the young man took his time to consider her words and advice, as well as take a moment to fully construct a solid answer to her question. And ....what an interesting answer indeed. So it was his mastery of swordsmanship that was what anchored him. That certainly explained his ....mobility. But then.... She eyed his chest for a moment. As if to catch some sight of a hole. That was..... a nebulous reason. But also.... it sounded like a potentially consuming one. One rife with ambition. A 'perfected' sword style was subjective to say the least. At the very least he didn't.....seem consumed in his ambition. But that was it wasn't it? She imagined and thought about her own memories. So many of them.

But .....the ones that felt most.... 'Her'. She tensed slightly, and almost instantly looked to the side. The sight of a mother's sad....accepting face. Her eyes misted for only a moment as she pushed back the memory. She had imagined that it was something more....concrete that had allowed him to persist. But how strange....why HADN'T this regret consumed him? Even more dizzying. Here he was. IN the afterlife realm, and quite separate from the world he didn't want to move on from. That he wanted to pass something down before moving on. What true difference WOULD there be in him simply becoming a soul?

Alas, THIS was where her expertise ended. She had no idea what happened when you moved on, especially when you were already IN soul society. She supposed....it would be akin to her own fears about being cleansed. A big ol question mark.

]color=slateblue]"Interesting."[/color] She let her gaze shift back to his face and she offered a gentle smile. "At the very least, you seem to be doing alright. I know a couple of the other students are Vizards. And I wish I could give a more concrete answer... but for now, I would simply keep track of your chain of fate. It's.....possible there may be some corruptive effects. But I can't imagine that would be anything but a result of intimate contact of some sort. Unless your classmates have a tendency to bite." She chuckled. Indeed, a bite was really the only USUAL way to get hollow energy IN you outside of one with a highly corrosive touch.

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel you've progressed in this .... progression of your swordsmanship? When you look at the progress you've made. How do you feel?" She asked lightly. Mainly she was sniffing out for any negative emotions surrounding it. Those, after all, tended to be the roots of encroachment.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:05 am

FUUEN | WIND BOUNDARY

The mention of a potential concern regarding bites admittedly caused Fuuen a faint bit of conern internally. He knew, at least on the intellectual level, that the sort of bite that he ought to be concerned about was hardly the same that he was dealing with already. It wasn't as if Yugiri were sinking her teeth into his flesh or anything of the sort. Thankfully, he was more than sufficiently composed an individual not to let those thoughts become obvious from the outside.

"I feel as though I still have a long path to walk, certainly, but that is the nature of art. To climb not for the sake of reaching the peak, but for the experience of the journey in itself. I am pleased with the efforts, and I intend to continue on this journey."

Indeed, there was no rush to improve as Fuuen had found in so many other swordsmen over the years. He felt no burning need to become stronger, to prove himself to anyone. it was a purely artistic pursuit, a path he walked not for the sake of strength or desperation, but for the beauty of it.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:30 am

Hisana nodded lightly. In truth, there was only so much one could glean from a question, but he certainly seemed earnest enough. It was a little bizarre that a man od his years had not strayed. Truly he was a man of willpower to have lasted this long, and she smiled a bit to herself as she could only imagine what that willpower had garnered him in the pursuit of swordsmanship.

"I'm happy to hear that. Certainly I would very much love to see your swordsmanship some day. I have certainly been intrigued by the Kendo instructors since cam ehere, but a unique style made by one of my very own students does sound thrilling to see." She hummed, and then lightly bringing a knuckle to her lower lip thoughtfully as she thought back through the ages of her own run-ins with sword-bearing types. Well, the seldom few who wielded them with style. Certainly that wasn't really in her OWN cards to learn such things. All the same, it was an entertaining thing to see.

"In any case, I hope that my advice helps you in some way. and thank you for coming to me with this. Its always nice when a student of mine feels comfortable enough to come to me for these issues."
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:24 am

FUUEN | WIND BOUNDARY

"I hardly have any issue in demonstrating it for you. My style is designed for aesthetic, to be refined and made perfect in the eyes of myself and others. There are countless forms and stances that I have nearly mastered, but of course there are many others that are hardly even begun."

Fuuen certainly took pride in his abilities, in his technique, and while he at one time would have said it was all that mattered to him, he could not exactly say that was the case any more. He had students, a girlfriend, a career. By all accounts, he had far more to live for than mere swordplay.

Mere? Mm. What a way to think of things. Fuuen was almost displeased by it, but then again, how could he be? It was hardly as if he were unhappy with the situation.

"I'm quite unfamiliar with these matters, and my nature as a wandering spirit has certainly made matters of Hollows and the like something of a concern for me. I do hope you are not bothered if I continue to come to you for advice in the future."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:55 pm

Hisana had to admit she was....torn when she herd his description of his sword style. Aesthetic appeal? A certain part of her quite liked the idea of that. A magnificent flourish of steel that would be something akin to art. But another part of her was..... worried. A slight concern fro her student in the pursuit of an aspect of swordplay that would be perhaps not as advantageous in combat. But then, he HAD noted that he hadn't perfected things quite yet, no she was sure that the young man wouldn't JUST affix to such a frivilous aspect of combat if it were not effective as well, yes?

In that mixed vein, she found herself even MORE curious to see these demonstrations in action in the future. Although she also wondered, fleetingly to herself. A thought passing her mind as he continued to speak to her. She smiled that same gentle smile and chuckled softly.
"I certainly look forward to seeing it. My time in Hueco Mundo has left....very little in the way of beauty to be seen. At least....not a conventional sense of beauty. So seeing a weapon style dedicated to the art certainly piques my interest." A pause.

Watching as the young man seemed to consider something, before finally voicing his apprehension. "Of course not, you can feel free to ask me about these things any time you wish once classes are finished for the day. In most cases regarding hollows an arrancar, I at the very least am confident I should be more helpful." She noted with a sheepish smile. Indeed, his question regarding vizards felt as though it were one fo the few times her knowledge on hollows was incomplete. Among her own, and the countless memories she had ....acquired over time. Rarely did those memories involve vizard. It seemed even she had things to learn here.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum