Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) Left_bar_bleue0/0An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) Empty An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora)

Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:12 pm
An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) HEADER_ExA6k3aVoAItMUl

The academy almost seemed like an entirely different world.

Gone were the slums, the run down buildings, and the scavengers. The place was.... clean. Tidy. And the sight of uniforms on everyone was almost unnerving. She had discovered fairly quickly that she did noy enjoy being around crowds. Finding herself sitting off to the side, or lingering around the edges of crowds as her classmates socialized. Many of them didn't pay hermuch mind, forming their own little cliches and groups. Friends. Rivals. Some were even already flirting with one another.

It was fascinating to see the spread of students, the various districts. And the talents that budded from them. She had passed her entrance exam without much effort, but she was hardly alone in that. A number of students, at least a handful, had similarly wound up with exceptional talent and prowess even before classes had begun.

And... bizarrely, that was how she had found herself in not one, but two groups.

In addition to some other students that had also hailed from the outter districts (She wasn't even the only student with some grim scars), it seemed that she had also garnered the attention of the other exceptional students. But all of these interactions had not been pleasant. She had noticed, fairly quickly that there were some overachieves that hadn't come from the Rukongai.

Nobility. And that she had garnered some .... mixed attention from that group in particular. Smiles, congratulations, and the like. But she could see the hints of insincerity from a few of them.

Fascinating indeed.

It was just her first day or so and already her head felt full. Swimming with new faces, laying in her cot, and thinking about this new environment. They had a day or so before actual classes would start. But she had no intention of waiting that long. She'd come here to learn. And her social..... network could be built a bit later. There were libraries after all. And there was SO much she wanted to start learning.

Last edited by ForgottenMercy on Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) Left_bar_bleue0/0An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) Empty Re: An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora)

Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:37 pm
An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) HEADE_Ajo113

Chaotic. She had surmised that she could just get up and make her way to the library. But first Ajora had had to ... make her way a good number of her early bird classmates. Several of them having had questions about her. Where she was from. What happened to her eye. Why her arm was bandaged up. And she did he best to politely interact with them and pass them off as injuries. Which, frankly, they were. They seemed willing to let the subject lie for the time being. Enough, at least, for her to slip off and make her way to the library.

And of course, she didn't seem to be the only one here. Already she could see a few familiar faces. A few of the others that had done especially well on their entrance exams were already pouring over books. But even more than that, a few of the others were present as well. Along with a number of upperclassmen. Many of them already talking or helping those that were new. She didn't mind that, she slipped into one of the aisles and paused to simply appreciate the sheer wealth of information that was available. So many volumes... she glanced to the nearest shelf and simply eyed them. History? She paused, staring at them for a moment before she delicately peeled the book from the shelf and opened it to some random page. It was about History in the Rukongai. And for an instant, she felt the urge to immediately sit down and start digging in. This .....had everything she could ask for. But, she had to prioritize. The history and reasonings could come later. For the time being, she wanted to understand WHAT a shinigami was. What made them special?

She began to make her way through the Aisles and began to look through some sections about general basic shinigami information. There were even a few labels, showing which books werre referenced for which course. Naturally, she started with the easy stuff. And it was ... interesting to say the least.

A lot of flowery language about responsibilities. And ...this. .....hm. The balance? She found herself sitting quietly and furrowing her brows as she eyed the subject matter. A general synopsis of a shinigami's duties. Fighting and cleansing corrupted spirits called hollows. Maintaining the balance of souls, and guiding pluses to the land of the dead, those that did not pass on willingly. There was something....familiar. A sense of deja vu as she read through the pages. That is.... until she got to HOW a Shinigami carried this out. Four Pillars of what made a shinigami a shinigami.

Hoho. Hakuda. Kido. And Zanjutsu.

Skills inherent to every shinigami. Which allow them to handle hollows and other spiritual threats, as well as carry out the duties of keeping the balance. Interesting to say the least.

She sat back, sighing just a little and looking around the Library. A few people seemed to be nearby. She stared up at the ceiling for a moment, letting the information sink in a bit before she turned through the pages. More general speech, and descriptions of ..... wait a minute. She furrowed her brows, and leered down at the page at the description of Hoho. Was that... Parpadeo? No.... surely... She dropped the book on the spot and promptly strode across the library, looking through the sections and ... furrowing her brows as she eyed the shelves and found the section on Hoho. She eyed the volumes ,looking for something just on basic shunpo and promptly peeled it off of the shelf. She leered, rifling through the pages before pausing as she got to a rudimentary explanation of the ability.

For serveral moments she was just .. a bit perplexed. Her own handly little trick, this was just .... a simpler version? She stared for just a moment, looking through the base instructions on how it was performed and felt almost as if she were being patronized. No, there were some ....differences. And some ...interesting tidbits she frankly never thought about. Things she simply did on instinct. She carried the book back to her spot and promptly began to pull out a notebook and start to jot down notes. And some corrections there and there. IT didn't take her long but soon, she was completely absorbed. And she didn't stop there.

Hoho. Hakuda. Both of these seemed to be applications of things she already did on her own. Kido and Zanjutsu though? That looked ... like Gibberish. At least Zanjutsu did. There was... nothing? No, it wasn't 'Nothing' it was .....far more...bizarre than that. She glanced down at the weapon at her own hip and furrowed her brows. This wasn't a manual, this read like a guide on making a friend. She set that shit aside for the time being. The Kido.... was slightly less gibberish. But definitely more fascinating. THIS was far more advanced than what she was aware of, and yet some small part of this still felt.....familiar. She found herself having to close the book, a smile spread across her face as she experienced.... a thrill. EXCITEMENT in her very bones. Even just the subject of Hoho, looking into some of the more advanced books, she saw that she had a leg up, but HARDLY was she anywhere near an expert. There was so much that these shinigami had expended on. So much they DID with their energy.

She couldn't help but enjoy the smile and close her eyes. Basking in this new sensation. How long had she slumped around the rukongai having nothing in mind that she could do? Just her own experimentation and surveys. But THIS was a generous ammount of information. Information she could take in. Absorb. And build on. It seemed she would have to thank Julian sometime.

She could not imagine a better place for her to be~
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:57 pm
An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) Jgp3077

HIROE MIYASHIRO | Dream On

Hiroe could recall the elation she felt when she passed her entrance exam. The momentous day was practically etched into her mind. Thus, gazing among the crowds, the raven-haired woman's expression was nothing short of bright as she cast her golden gaze over each of the new recruits. There were several people hosting conversation and adapting to their surroundings. However, there was something particularly interesting about today. Through some of the crowds Hiroe moved past, the fledgling Shinigami heard a familiar name during their conversations.

She wasn't one to eavesdrop, but the moment she heard the name Ajora, she paused to make sure she heard them correctly. Ajora? Did that mean...? She actually decided on entering the academy!? Where her stride once seemed routine, intent on heading somewhere to study, her steps were now carried out with one focus in mind. Observing these groups until she found her. The woman was interesting to say the least. She hadn't expected all the questions she'd ask, but neither did she find their first meeting unappealing, either. Hiroe was genuinely curious to see how she would adapt. Her mind was super inquisitive. Hiroe did not doubt she'd ace a lot of these courses through sheer analysis and observation alone. Now, where to find her she wondered?

Then, it clicked. Well, actually, it was a hunch more than anything. A honest guess. With the type of impression she'd left, Hiroe surmised the one place she might go apart from the others would be the library. Ajora didn't strike her as the type to just go into any courses without knowing the bare basics. Thus, her stride carried her toward the library. There were quite a few people around - a larger crowd than she was typically use to, though that was to be expected considering the influx of new students.

She slipped through each aisle, golden hues observing anyone that might resemble the woman. Those eyes would lock onto one aisle in particular, peering towards Ajora. She cleaned up quite well from the time she'd seen her. No hood to cover her face, bandages to cover her arm, and the shino academy outfit. It was a nice look for her. Walking into the Aisle, Hiroe would quietly and politely poke Ajora on the shoulder, flashing a bright grin.

"Well well, look at you lookin' cool in your new academy robes. It's been a minute, Ajora. Congratulations on making it in. I know you might be a little busy at the moment, but would you humor your friend from the Rukongai and fill me in? I'm at... a loss of words right now!"

Dreamer | End Post

Last edited by Iori on Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:59 pm
An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) HEADER_Ajo44

Ajora blinked, briefly startled by the sudden familiar voice, turning rapitly to stare a bit before a slow, and sly smile crept across her face when she saw who it was. Of course, even without the bandages her ...features were hidden. A long glove for her arm, and her hair styled to cover up her eye. But still, she didn't think she'd meet the woman again so soon.

"Ah. Hello again. Fancy meeting you here. Well I'm a bit surprised myself I admit." She pointed out, closing the book she'd been looking through and patting the spot beside her for Hiroe to sit down. "A rather handsome looking shinigami apparently had been keeping his eye on me. Honestly it was adorable. He seemed to have the same ideas as you. And well, The poor thing seemed to smitten. I figured it would be worth an exploration." She chimed, VERY clearly joking. All while actually avoiding explaining why she was here.

"But well. As it turned out, I actually passed that little exam with flying colors. It's a little strange honestly. Classes haven't even begun and already the other students are expecting things of me. Though in truth, I don't really care about any of that. This place however. I admit I'm a big fan of finally getting some answers about all of ...this." She hummed, gesturing around them before running her fingers fondly along he book as if it were some sort of pet.

"In any case. It seems we'll be students together. I admit I'm... not entirely sure what to expect. These people..." She looked around the library, eyeing the other students. "I'm not quite used to being around so many people. Some even invited me to the courtyard for some sparring matches. I suppose the price of my performance in the entrance exam. Quite a few of the more...rowdy types seem out to prove themselves against me and some of the others." She mused. There was no fear or apprehension, if anything she sounded somewhat calm and casual. And well...frankly it was. She'd been attacked plenty out in the rukongai. Having challenges in request form felt much more mundane.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:51 pm

Hiroe assumed a position in the seat beside the woman, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. Everything about her seemed as if it was more or less the same woman she'd met before, except she felt more relaxed, carefree. Heck, she was making humor about talking to a handsome man. It stoked the flames of her curiosity even more. The same ideas as her? Smitten? What had this women been up to since they last met? Had she been followed by this man? Did that man convince her to join the academy? What type of men was Ajora even into? Countless thoughts circled around in that spectacle of a thing she called a brain. Whatever happened, it seemed to lead Ajora into joining the academy.

In fact, she seemed to pass with flying colors, too. Hiroe had no idea of the woman's abilities, but her acumen seemed quite impressive. An intuitive mind could take a person far. A soft chuckle would fall from her lips, hearing about the students expectations and how most of them wanted to challenge her to a spar or to pove themselves. That was one of the things about Shino... The men and women here were competitive. They were all vying to prove they belonged in one position or another in the Gotei. It only stood to reason that some students would want to single out someone they viewed as an obstacle.

"Aha~ I knew the one place I might expect to find you would be the Library. It was a hunch, though. I can't exactly claim I thought you'd be here for certain, but I'm glad I was right. Did ya ever get that handsome man's number?"

She inquired playfully, adding her own sense of humor to the fray. She didn't have to answer it. To be honest, Hiroe didn't particularly know what Ajora was into. It couldn't be much, right? Well, she didn't know. She continued to listen to the woman, tilting her head as she grinned. She didn't know what to expect, huh? Well, that was fair. Honestly, Hiroe was still adapting herself. Even after months of being here, she felt she was still finding her footing. Her eyes followed Ajora's gaze towards the students.

"It seems so! I'm actually happy to have another friend to talk to here. From the way it sounds, it seems you put on quite the show in your entrance exam. Of course there'll be eyes on ya. Academy life can be get pretty competitive. Everyone's here to prove something. That said, I'm really impressed with how well you've adapted. Was there any training you did before you took the exam or you just went straight into it?"

HIroe was certainly curious to get that answer in particular. There was a bit of playful envy, but nothing as petty as jealousy. It was simply a questioned asked out of awe. She felt like a plus struggling to find a home, and now she looked like one of those cool gals destined for great things, like a protagonist in a manga. They start out like a plain joe, only to shock people with latent skills and abilities.

Dreamer | End Post

Last edited by Iori on Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:53 pm

"Not quite." She chuckled at the little comment about the number. She listened as Hiroe certainly seemed enamored with Ajora's performance, and aslo deeply curious about the circumstances behind her doing so well. Truth be told, if she'd known that the standards were so low, she would have held back more. Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk.

"I can't say that I did, no. Training hasn't really been anything I really considered. Though I suppose it'll be a regular part of my days now..." She had noticed the classes and taking a look at the materials just on what it was she would be learning? It seemed that'd be the gist of just about ALL she'd be doing. It was also a bit entertaining that Hiroe had guessed where she would be. Not that she minded, she wasn't really intent on being clandestine about anything. For now she was focused on learning, and that meant simply going with the flow for now.

"Still, I certainly am glad to see a familiar face. It's a lot to get used to ....especially all the crowds." She murmured softly, taking a look around the library.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:34 pm

"Ha? So you just went in and aced it like that? Sheesh, now I'm feelin' a little envious," she jests, nudging the woman's shoulder with a grin. Hiroe was proud of Ajora. Envy really wasn't the name of her game. The exuberant dreamer welcomed the idea of excelling alongside her classmates. She understood that such a notion ran counter to the way most of the students in this academy, but she wouldn't change her ideals for anyone. Why step on someone's neck to get where you needed to go? Hiroe believed success could be shared.

Following the woman's gaze toward the crowd, Hiroe nodded, understanding how much of a transition this may have been for someone who was wandering the Rukongai when they first met. Hiroe felt the same way when she first entered the academy. Her particular district wasn't the most eventful. Hiroe had to often travel further to derive some degree of joy in the Rukongai.

"I agree with that. The crowds can be the most overwhelming part about the transition. So many people here. When I first entered, I found myself struggling to get use to it all. It gets even worse if you became the center of attraction and catch their eyes. At that point, you just hope you can keep your friend or student group low enough.The schedules can get pretty hectic, too, especially if you pile too much on your plate. That said, I'm sure you'll adapt quite well here, Ajora. Like I said before, I'll be here to help ya every step of the way, though I doubt I'll need to lookin' at ya now."

Dreamer | End Post

Last edited by Iori on Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Ajora snorted softly and offered a soft little smile as Hiroe offered so much ....support? It was a little fascinating to say the least just how quickly this girl had grown so fond of her. Honestly it was a little annoying, and as Hiroe got close, she almost expected to have to lean back a bit. But to her surprise it was .... nice. The way they were talking. The playful little nudges? It was ...nice? Even though they had only just met she was ...a little glad that Hiroe was here. It certainly was .... comforting that she had someone familiar around, rather than all of these crowds and such.

Which was a little strange. T'he girl wasn't that smart. Or talented. Frankly, Hiroe had already exceeded her usefulness in terms of helping Ajora in her expanding on her knowledge. There were plenty of other students who would provide better companions. So why did she enjoy talking to Hiroe? Hm.

"Help is subjective. Even if I aced the test. You're still my senior here. As such, I EXPECT you to take care of me as your Kouhai.If you start falling behind, that simply means I'll have to offer my help until you catch up. And vice versa." She pointed out, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:38 pm

Hiroe was caught off guard by that, though her reaction told a different tale entirely. She was genuinely surprised that Ajora viewed the dynamic between them in such a light. Senpai and Kouhai? Hiroe was honestly a little flattered She certainly felt this woman already had a head start on her in terms of overall knowledge and possibly, even skill, but Ajora seemed to possess a different view entirely.

Hiroe pretty much viewed it as your typical tale of new student moving on into groups with cooler companions or even a group of nobles, but that was far from accurate here. Well, either way, Hiroe accepted the task wholeheartedly. She enjoyed the woman's company and genuinely wished to see her achieve great things in Shino. If she required her assistance? Well, all the better. Grinning softly, she'd nudge her arm, nodding in response to her matter-of-fact statement.

"Well as a proud Senpai, I will do my best to take care of you. Say no more. We'll take this place by storm and be in the Gotei in no time. I might fall behind in a lot of things, but making sure a friend is taken care of and knows they got my support? I'm the equivalent of an honor-role student," she quipped with a playful wink of her eye. It was always nice to have someone who genuinely enjoyed being around you, she mused.

Dreamer | End Post

Last edited by Iori on Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:35 pm
An Overachiever (Hiroe, Ajora) HEADER_ExqPQoQVEAQNynL

Ajora blinked, a little startled with the .... sudden exuberance with which Hiroe reacted. Well that was certainly ... a lot of energy. Ajora cleared her throat and gave Hiroe a gentle prod in the shoulder. "Alright dial it back just a little. Let's not get all crazy here. But yes, I certainly will look forward to ...working with you." Ajora noted, definitely seeming a little at a loss with such grandiose displays of ....enthusiasm? She certainly wasn't like the individuals she had med back in the rukongai. Much less murderous. Even so, she slowly rose up to her feet and rolled her wrist.

"In any case, I do appreciate your cooperation. Especially with ...uh.... this thing." She murmured, glancing at the asauchi at her own hip. It certainly was the more......bizarre things to have garnered within this whole process. The instant she'd received it, she'd been probing it with her reikaku intensively, searching for any reactions. But well... the instructions regarding it seemed.....annoyingly vague. Just meditate and feed it energy? It was .....a little annoying. Kido. Hoho, Even Hakuda had very straight-forward processes for developing and growing. It was a mater of learning and mastery. And yet all of the literature around Zanpaku'to were so.............. personal? Not scientific in the slightest.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum