Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Empty Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair]

Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:01 pm
Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Br4i4Og

ALEX VAUGRENARD

If Alex was gonna be letting his little girls stay here in the city, he wanted to make sure they weren't going to deal with anything bad. Obviously there was big shit like Ichigo, but a threat that huge was gonna come up no matter where you lived. Couldn't really avoid it. Right now, Alex was focused on another matter entirely. Inanna had been real excited to introduce Alex to this friend of hers, something about them boy having red hair and a name that started with Al. Well, he wasn't gonna tell her no, especially since he wanted to know what sort of guy was hanging out with Inanna in the first place.

So he asked for this guy's number, gave him a call and asked if he wanted to meet up. Inanna suggested it, after all. Now Alex was just relaxing at this little seaside cabana on the beach, pina colada in his hand as he watched the waves. He could've gone for a swim or something, but he didn't want to miss the guy showing up. He'd bring the girls back here later, let them enjoy the beach.

Plus, he'd get to see Nel in that new swimsuit of hers. Hell yeah.

END POST | TEMPERED FLAME
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue0/0Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Empty Re: Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair]

Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:40 pm
Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] VaT3EEw

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH

Alastair was not the type to often return unknown calls, but there was now the chance that it could be Arlette trying to reach him on a burner phone or something of the like. It was an unlikely prospect, but he had considered it enough to pick up when it rang. What he got was a whole different ordeal and not one that he had ever expected to handle. Inanna was certainly important to him, not only as Director Kishar's daughter but also as someone that he would strive to protect, so to suddenly hear from her adoptive father was not exactly what he had expected. Still, it had been a formal discussion and an honest offer. He could hardly deny the man a chance at knowing this stranger whom he had likely heard questionable things about. If anything, this was a chance to clear his name.

The beach was not exactly his usual scene, with a surprisingly pale complexion and an affinity for outfits that were far too formal to ever really be considered beachwear. Still, he had found a t-shirt and shorts that might be more suitable had he not elected to hide them beneath a long jacket.

After a moment of scanning, his gaze settled upon the beach house where Alex was residing and he approached with something of a confident gait. If he could stare down Tier Harribel without flinching then this was a walk in the park.

"Mr Vaugrenard, I presume?"

Suited For the Sand? | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Empty Re: Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair]

Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:06 am

ALEX VAUGRENARD

"Just Alex is cool. Mr. Vaugrenard's a little stiff for my tastes."

Setting down his empty glass, Alex stood to greet his guest, stretching to his full height as he sized the man up. Alastair might have certainly been confident, but Alex had dealt with Hayden and Abalia in his life. He wasn't exactly the kind of guy to back up just because someone showed up acting a little confident, not that he imagined this guy was trying to front or anything.

"Guess you're the Alastair that Nanna's been gushin' about. Good to finally meet you, thought I might have to go out and find you myself. Don't think it's too unreasonable to wanna chat with the guy who's spending time with her, eh?"

Alex's voice wasn't exactly hostile, per se, but it had the vague sort of menace that one could only ever find in a protective father, the assurance that Inanna's happiness and security were absolutely paramount in this particular situation. Lighting a cigarette for himself, he glanced back over at the waves briefly before returning his gaze to Alastair.

"Let's walk, I'm gonna get another drink. Want anything?"

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue0/0Look Who's Burnin' [Alex, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:10 pm

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance then, Alex."

Alastair was a little stiff, especially when it came to the informal tone that the conversation soon took, but there was little he could do to combat his nature. Sincerity came like second nature, even when it was not quite welcome, and that would not change today. Still, he was not that much of a stickler that he was incapable of trying to bridge that gap.

"Yes, I have had a few chance encounters with Miss Inanna now. She seems to possess a unique talent for getting herself in a little over her head, I am simply glad to be on hand to make sure that she does not find herself in any real danger."

He had expected such a line of inquiry to come up pretty quickly. It was likely the entire reason for this meeting, and he could certainly understand that paternal instinct that Alex seemed to exude behind his welcoming words and cigarette smoke. Alastair had nothing to hide, though. His intentions were as pure as he made out, it was simply a matter of conveying that.

"But if you are offering, then I will just have what you are having. No need to make it complex."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:26 am

ALEX VAUGRENARD

"Yeah, her n' Alex really like to just toss themselves at dangerous situations, act a hero about it. They're good kids, I don't exactly wanna tell 'em not to fight for good or whatever, but sometimes I've gotta make sure they reel it back before they get hurt."

Of course, Alex generally tried not to be so obvious when he was keeping the two of them safe. Sometimes he just happened to be in the area, or sometimes he'd already handled most of whatever it was they felt like doing. Was that really the best way to go about it? Nah, probably not, but he didn't like the idea of making them quit their little adventures. As they reached the small tiki bar that sat by the sand, Alex's attention turned only briefly to the old man behind the counter.

"Good taste. 'Ey, barman, two pina coladas."

Alex's tone wasn't exactly rude, more aggressively casual. He'd spent enough time here at the beach already to be on alright terms with the proprietor of this little spot. Besides, he liked this more than most of the stuff in the city. Quiet, out of the way. You wandered around enough, you got to like tiny things like this.

"Well, lemme cut to the chase, since I'm not really the kinda guy that likes to fuck around with words or whatever. Ninsianna trusts you, so I'm inclined to too, but it's only natural that a dad would wanna know what's up when a grown man's hanging out with a teenage girl. Feel me?"

Accusatory? No, not really. Alex's cadence hadn't changed from his typical mellow way of speaking, and he'd certainly spent enough time with folks outside what would be considered a "normal" group of friends. He was just scoping things out.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:15 pm

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH

This other Alex had been mentioned a few times now, and it was Alastair’s understanding that she was this Alex’s daughter, but he could not say he was a fan of the vanity in naming a child after oneself. He was also not going to bring that up right now, or ever - if he could help it. He seemed like an honest man, that was all Alastair really needed to know.

“I do not mean to mince my words either. My involvement with Miss Inanna and is hardly so personal. I simply take care of her when I find her wandering the streets unattended, as any good person would do.”

That much was certainly true in Alastair’s eyes. They were not really friends, she was still an innocent child whilst he was an adult that had seen too much. There had always been a gap between them that only time would fill. He was just one of her protectors, as he was for many in this city now.

“Of course, I understand your concern. I would like to think that I would do the same if our roles were reversed. The world is unfortunately filled with a great many dangers, but I will always do everything I can to keep an innocent child ignorant of that harsh truth.”

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:48 am

ALEX VAUGRENARD

"Could'a fooled me, with how much she talks about you. Seems to think you and your lady friend are the bee's knees. Not that I'm sayin' she's wrong or anything, but I think she's got a pretty high opinion of ya."

Taking a sip of his drink, Alex looked out at the ocean for a short while, then turned his attention back to Alastair proper. Most people probably would've been more polite on this matter, and Nel would probably get mad at him if she heard him talk quite so rudely to a friend of Ninsianna's, but being tactful hadn't exactly ever been his style.

"Yeah, the world is pretty dangerous. After what just went down here, I think everyone's plenty aware of that. What I wanna know is if Alex and Nanna're actually gonna be safe here, 'cause from where I'm standing, it looks like this whole city's one more tough motherfucker away from bein' on the ocean floor."

Alex took a long pull from his cigarette, though his attention didn't actually move from his companion here. Unlike before, there was actually a sharp tone to his voice, and while most might have left the implication of his statement be enough, Alex didn't really do "implications."

"You actually a tough enough guy to keep her safe? Or is she still in danger just bein' here?"

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:09 pm

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH

An eyebrow raised a little in response to Inanna's comments on his and Reida's relationship with her. Alastair was a little amused that she had taken to him in the end, though it did not change his own thoughts on the matter. He cared for her, as one would care for any child that found its way into their care.

"Then she has been raised well, to respect her elders so diligently. I am glad for that."

Alastair was not one to often go for cocktails or the like, preferring the simplicity of a beer or a glass of wine, but recently he had been introduced to sweeter drinks and that had corrupted his tastes a little. This was his first pina colada, but he did not mind it as much as he might have a year ago. He spared himself a glance out to the ocean too before it finally turned to meet Alex's.

"I cannot guarantee her safety, just as I cannot guarantee your own. Were Ichigo Kurosaki to return with the intent to destroy this city then I cannot say with utmost confidence that I could keep everyone safe."

He did not falter, nor bow his head and make apologies, though his words were no doubt disappointing to hear. It was a bleak prediction to make, but he was quite fundamentally incapable of lying about it because therein lay his conviction.

"But I can promise you that I will do everything in my power to do so. With every fibre of my being, I will protect those that choose to stand behind me. So, in my opinion, right here is the safest place for anyone to be. I can offer little more than that."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:09 am

ALEX VAUGRENARD

Alex actually started to laugh at the notion that Inanna was the type to "respect her elders," let alone doing it "diligently." He couldn't exactly help it, and he only narrowly avoided choking on his drink just from the thought of it. Sure, she was a good kid, and he'd kill to keep her safe, but he'd never in a million fucking years say she was respectful. That was half the reason he'd taken such a shine to her, honestly.

But, the turn in conversation did make Alex's expression return to one more serious, and there was an obvious disapproving air to his expression as his eyes met Alastair's. But as he spoke, his voice seemed to make any fleeting idea of disapproval seem frankly paltry; he was quite transparently not particularly happy.

"Listen guy, I don't need protecting. If you can't guarantee Nanna's safe here, then that ain't exactly good enough. Trying doesn't mean a fuckin' thing if it doesn't work out, feel me?"

Alex finished the whole of his drink in one go, mostly as a measure to cool down, and set it down before drumming his fingers on the bartop, a little gesture to get any irritation out.

"I respect the effort. Not like I'm trying to say you're a bitch or anything. But when other people's lives're at stake, saying you're gonna try just isn't gonna fuckin' cut it. If you're gonna protect people, you've gotta be able to do it. Otherwise...well, you're gonna end up dead, and the people who relied on you aren't gonna be in a great spot."

There was a bitter edge to Alex's voice as he said that, though it wasn't exactly directed at Alastair. But he'd known some of the world's greatest ostensible heroes far more personally than most people, and look where they were now. Being six feet under didn't do shit for anyone. Standing rather unceremoniously, already through with the bar, Alex gave a single upward nod of his head toward the beach.

"C'mon. Let's see what you've got."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:34 pm

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH

Alastair could already tell by Alex’s fiery disposition that the idea of simply doing his best wouldn’t exactly satisfy him. He was not sure exactly what would have done so, though faux bravado was likely more his desired style. But that invited challenge, and not the healthy kind. Not one he had any desire to engage in.

“I would not want to lull you into a false sense of security, but I do not think there is anywhere in the world that is safer than right here. If you do, then I cannot stop you from heading there. But if you go too far then I may not be able to offer your family my protection any more.”

His tone did not change as Alex’s did, entirely unfazed by the rising intensity. Dry and direct as it usually was, Alastair was not so simple as to rise to provocation. It appeared the man wished to speak with his fists as much as his words, though, and so he put down his cocktail mostly untouched. It would be bad manners to spill a drink just paid for.

“So what good will that do? Will you feel vindicated if I do not meet your standards? I mean you no disrespect, Alex, but I am under no obligation to prove myself to you. If you believe that you are capable of protecting yourself and others, I invite you to join the Vandenreich and put that strength to use. Now more than ever, we could use the help.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum