Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Empty Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri]

Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:29 pm
Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] 44WVoI3

Liltotto Lamperd

Today felt rather uneventful, helping make up for plenty of menial tasks around the Vandenreich that may have slipped through the cracks following the disaster. She didn't mind doing so much busy work while there were still shortfalls in labor, in fact she had sort of welcomed it. No thanks or appreciation was sought for, she just needed stuff to do that didn't leave her alone with her thoughts, she was having some particularly irksome days on her own.

Though one thing was different as she was dropping something off, a favor asked to help some new guy out on getting around - seemed a little prone to getting lost she was told. Of course they'd ask her to help somebody with that, if anyone knew their way around this place it would be her, all those night walks were for something after all.

Normally she didn't mind helping newer recruits out, be it with training or questions, that was as normal as breathing to her at this point. What was problematic was the distinct, hair-raising scent that'd drive her to run normally, as she had gone up to greet the young man. She almost thought - that was a lie - begged her senses to be wrong, but as per, they weren't.

"You Hijiri Aramaki?" Her normally relaxed tone was a little strained, though it wasn't evident on her boring face, awkwardly reaching a hand out to shake, "..Liltotto Lamperd. Was told you needed a guide?"

What was a shinigami doing, joining the Vandenreich? How was this even allowed? Was he a runaway? She almost cursed the woman who asked that favor of her; could have at least warned her first...

This'll be quick
, she decided to herself. She'd just get this over with. It's no more painful than getting through the five thousandth shitty dickrub of an office meeting at one of her old jobs.

END
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Empty Re: Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri]

Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:18 pm

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

If there was one thing Hijiri hated about this place it was the lack of signage. There should be maps with a "you are here" dot—like the mall he visited to buy more than one outfit. His uniform size was on backorder, and so he still stood out like a sore thumb even with his "Trainee" armband. The long cloth bag he kept with him at nearly all times was not helping that either.

Hijiri had basically been tasked with small favors—mail room runs, refilling of office supplies, taking the to-be-shred bins to the shredder, etc. All of his work right now was the work of a courier. In a way, it was the cruelest way for him to learn the way around the place. After having to make an unexpected turn because of an elevator being out of order, Hijiri was, once again, lost. He shifted the bundle of mail he was carrying.

Which was good. If he hadn't, that bundle would have fallen to the floor as a taut voice called out to him. His back straightened as he spun around. "Yes, uh, ma'am." He was expecting a fancy uniform—an officer come to kick him out for constantly getting lost. He was a little surprised to see yet another hand extended for a handshake. This was going to be something to get used to. He glanced down at the hand and then at the bundle.

There was an awkward moment of silence as he shuffled the bundle under an arm so he could return the handshake. With the same awkward smile he had given the first person to greet him, Hijiri once again confirmed who he was. "Uh, yes... Probably. I, uh... I'm not quite used to being in a building so big... I'm supposed to take this to Mail Room C, but the elevator..." He gestured back in the direction he came. This was not the direction of the elevator. "...that I normally take is getting new lighting so it's out of service. I was told there's a stairwell, but I can't find it... or the elevator I'm supposed to take. If you could take me there, it'd be greatly appreciated!"

Tsubine's Character List
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:25 pm

Liltotto Lamperd

"Jeeze man i'm not gonna bite your face off, you can cut the stuttering..." Eyes were squinted, her head slightly tilted in confusion to his sweaty behavior. This was gonna be a long day.

Was she a bit unnecessarily grumpy in her tone towards the young man? Yes. Did she feel bad about being so blunt? Pending emotion. Well, she might as well try to make a bit of a positive spin to this situation, ".. Nobody's gonna take you seriously if you're shaking like a leaf. Talk with more confidence."

That probably wasn't much better, especially with her unusually flat tone, but she'd try to help him along, "..Well first off, the working elevator is this way," She'd point in the direction behind him, "Unless you wanna trip on the stairs and have scattered papers to grab. Come on."

A motion in the correct direction, she'd lead the both of them to the functional elevator, taking time to note every turn they take so he can find his way there if he needed to next time, "Not sure why nobody would point you to the right elevator in the first place but, whatever. Things have been crazy lately, probably fell through the cracks."

She almost didn't want to go on, feeling her hairs standing on end, her skin clammy with discomfort, but she had to keep directing him. Swallowing her prejudices, they'd stand in the elevator side by side. She should ask what brought him here. She asked every newbie what brought them here.

"..So why'd you join the Vandenreich?" She damn near literally bit on her tongue to avoid speaking the snide comment of, 'Does the Gotei think we need to be babysat, now? Do they think we're that incapable?' or something along those lines.

END
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:22 am

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Hijiri already felt he had gotten off on the wrong foot with this lady. Whoops. No taking anything back now. Hopefully with the initial fright gone, he'd seem a little more confident. Not that he was. In fact, Hijiri had only been here a few days and was already feeling less confident in his decision. A sinking feeling had helped him not reneg on his convictions. Hijiri felt that if he did leave, he'd be hunted down and tortured until his soul gave out. So to avoid this, he had to keep at it.

"Sorry... I'm still not quite used to so many people. It's a bit overwhelming..." Hijiri let out a small, nervous chuckle. His answer was a poor one. He didn't want to admit he was scared mostly because of her confidence comment. Confident people weren't scared. As Liltotto explained that he had probably passed the elevator and that the stairs were a bad idea, Hijiri felt he understood why no one had told him about the working elevator. I guess I didn't expect the hazing to be so subtle...

There was a pregnant silence between the two for a moment in the elevator. Neither looked particular comfortable, though Hijiri was only guessing as to why she was. "Well, I mostly want to follow my own ideals, which aren't that of the Gotei's. That isn't to say I'm, well, evil or anything. I just don't think the Gotei's got everyone's best interest at heart and I think that the Vandenreich," he was getting better at that pronunciation at least, "is probably the closest group to one that does."

With a small smile, Hijiri turned towards Liltotto. "I also don't think I'd look all that good in all-black, haha..." The last part was meant to be a joke. His fading, nervous chuckle was about all the confidence he had in it being funny. "Um, you said things have been crazy? Did something happen? I keep hearing little bits here and there, but everyone goes quiet when I walk by, then start whispering about me and not the actual interesting stuff."

Tsubine's Character List
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:13 pm

Liltotto Lamperd

Eyes narrowed and shoulders lowered, she'd look at him with a discerning expression with that answer, her response spoken shortly, "..Yeah, alright."

As per usual, even in the elevator, she kept majority of her actual feelings quite veiled, not that it was an excruciating effort, but she wasn't some perfectly still, cold statue; some things would leak past her subdued exterior even with her consciously preventing herself from expressing even a quarter of what she felt. Whether she liked it or not, he was a part of the Vandenreich, he absolutely had eyes on him, and she... Did not know what to do with any of that.

"That the kinda stuff they're teaching academy students?" She couldn't hold back her mild sarcasm, "Actually, I shouldn't be too shocked. Shinigami's way of thinking is as black and white as their uniforms. Good that you left before that set, I guess."

Was that a true statement? Absolutely not, even Liltotto wasn't that pigheaded about it, she knew full well her words were from perspective and emotion rather than fact; she simply didn't care.

"Dunno, maybe it's the fact that your cool hero guy from an age bygone went full dipshit and wrecked our city a few weeks ago," Was stated with a purely nonchalant attitude, hands in pocket and everything, but she herself seemed bothered and upset, even if her face didn't say it her eyes attempting to look away from him definitely did, "Showed up, arrancar'd out, wrecked the city, severely injured a lot of our guys, grabbed our grandmaster's advisor and dipped. Wasn't a pleasant thing to come home to."

The way she pointed everything out, it was almost as if she wanted the young man to feel bad for something that was ultimately out of everyone's control, she herself knew it was irrational to throw any blame on anyone, but she couldn't help but try to garner some feeling of control, even grasping at straws for it.

END
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:32 am

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Hijiri was pretty black-and-white at least in one regard. If you were truly evil, you needed to be removed from the cycle. Simple as that. Once enough was done on that end, there would be an innate desire to avoid that fate from would-be ne'er-do-wells that maybe the world would be a better place. The thought of that world was enough to daze him out, and he caught himself before it got too creepy. He asked an innocent question that turned out to be a little more than inflammatory.

Liltotto's words dug into him, and Hijiri had no idea why. More importantly, he had no idea who. He stared down at the parcel he carried. "I have no idea who you're talking about, sorry, haha..." His small, nervous chuckle was accentuated by him adjusting his posture. "I... can't say I idolize most people in the Gotei, even those in the history books. They're all too concerned with their so-called greater good. The best Shinigami I knew was my neighbor. He retired after losing an arm. He was just an all-around nice guy that helped my parents and other neighbors out." At least before he was murdered was what he left unsaid.

"And if he was a hero for Shinigami, I don't know why he's an Arrancar. Even I know that those are, like, really, really bad." Hijiri looked up as the elevator began to slow. How deep were they going? With a ding, the elevator lurched to a stop. Hijiri barely kept his balance and stepped out, waiting for Liltotto to walk out too. A series of tubes lined the ceiling. Inside, black canisters moved rapidly down each tube. He stared in awe at them. "I have another question... I know I'm probably already being looked at funny because I'm a Shinigami, but with what you just said... am I going to be in any danger because of that? I don't want my first week to be me getting pummeled."

Tsubine's Character List
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 am
Lil' Lost? [Liltotto, Hijiri] JJKkQ1y

Liltotto Lamperd

She thanked whatever force in the beyond that wove fate for the elevator finally stopping and opening. Being subjected to the scent of a Shinigami, whether friend or foe, was inevitably a fray on the nerves for her, as much as she was capable of remaining cool. It brought back all sorts of bad memories, a plague on her mind that wouldn't leave, and even with someone that appeared to be too young to have been involved with anything, she was unable to let go.

Uncertain emotions swirled inside of her as they'd progress into the mail sort, the dusty smell of paper and heat familiar to her. Her gratitude to having something else to put her senses on for a moment was interrupted when that question piqued her ears, her attention drawing away from the busy tubes and returning to him.

How should she even answer this? One nasty part nagged at her, but the sensible parts of her mind told her to give him some reassurance but to remain realistic. He didn't really deserve her ire, yeah?

He's a member of the Vandenreich, she'd breathe as she stressed her thoughts to herself, He's a member of the Vandenreich, you trust any who were confronted with this decision wouldn't be so foolish as to welcome in a suspicious entity, he is likely being monitored and kept track of either way, he has not proven himself to be a danger. He is a member of the Vandenreich just like any of the folk you train, work with, or befriend.

"If I were an idiot, i'd tell you it'd be fine," Her voice was kept calm and orderly, unable to betray her thoughts, "You're a Shinigami, amongst a people who have suffered extensively as a result of the Gotei. There's going to be an entire spectrum of distrust thrown at you for the entirety of your remaining here. You are a very unusual case - A Shinigami leaving the Gotei and coming here? Many would take that as an attempt by them to inject eyes into our ranks."

A rather pressing look lingered in her gaze as she went on, "There is zero guarantee that you will gain the trust of many. If you can make peace with that, then I suppose it will eventually be 'fine'. We aren't barbarians - there isn't anyone unstable enough to consider putting your life on the line that isn't also on watch, and even if something happened it wouldn't take too long to figure what happened, and that person punished."

She'd nod her head toward whatever he was doing, "You had a job down here, yeah? Go do it."

END
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:23 pm

HIJIRI ARAMAKI

Hijiri got a far-off look as Liltotto explained his situation. It was about what he expected. He didn't respond as she finished, and he merely nodded in response to the prodding about his job. He was mostly there to get the parcel delivered and to pick up any that were waiting. Before he continued, he stopped and looked straight ahead. There was an odd silence between him and Liltotto before he spoke up again. "Thank you for being honest." It was the only thing he had said with any confidence since their conversation began.

"I didn't join here to make friends, or even to really be trusted. If I'm alone on the outside, then that's where I'll be. I'm here to do my job. Right now, that job is to deliver this parcel. But ultimately, I just want to make sure that there's a peaceful world out there. Somewhere where nice guys like me don't have to make the hard choices. A world where the suffering you talk about... Well, I don't think it'll ever end. But with what I want to do... I hope it's not as bad." And before she could ask what he meant, Hijiri turned around.

What stared back at Liltotto was not the stammering young man. It had his shape. It had his voice. It even stood just like him. But its eyes were gazing far beyond Liltotto. It wasn't an abyss, nor the face of someone who had stared into it. It was the face of someone who would, without hesitation, act as judge, jury, and executioner. It was someone who took no pleasure in what he actually did, but nor did he revile it. It was just what he had to do. He didn't have a choice in how much he liked it. It was going to happen one way or another. "The world needs a stronger sense of justice applied to it."

Hijiri bowed before turning back around. The distant look disappeared immediately and he waved as he continued a speedy walk towards the mail room's double doors. "Again, thank you for all your help! I wouldn't have made it this far without you!" Hijiri's voice was bright and jovial once again as he bade farewell to Liltotto.

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum