Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Left_bar_bleue0/0Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Empty Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen]

Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:30 pm
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

WHEW! Igen let out a soft sigh of enjoyment as he emerged from the little pub, fresh off a nice lunch, he felt PUMPED!
"Thanks a ton! Later!" He called over his shoulder to the barkeep, that cheerful smile earning him a wave back before he promptly started heading back to the Squad barracks, that rather large tiger following along at her own pace. Certainly a pair that drew a lot of attention between the both of them. Certainly Igen had always had a bit of a problem with...androgyny. However, with his new training regiment somewhat ...requiring a change in uniform, Igen had been forced to adopt a uniform that wouldn't get in the way of his training. And so, Igen had switched to the backless shoulderless shuhakusho. Which not only drew attention, but also further obscured how people perceived him. And of course, his Shikai walking beside him. A whole ass tiger prowling beside him as the two headed for a destination in particular.

With all this energy, it seemed a shame not to get on something he'd been kinda putting off for a while. Getting familiar with some of his superiors! Supposedly there were a few promotions int he work which hadn't QUITE been finalized yet. Igen himself was supposedly among the candidates! So it only stood to reason he get to know some of his new potential peers right? And one woman in PARTICULAR actually had a pretty good track record, despite Igen having never met them before. Something he figured he'd fix posthaste!

Making his way to the officers barracks, he paused for a moment as he glanced at the piece of paper. Uhhh, hm. Was she even on duty? He frowned, rubbing the back of his neck. Well, if she wasn't in her barracks, he could always check her office, right?
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Empty Re: Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen]

Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:35 am
KEI SAIONJI

Kei actually didn't live at the barracks. She was a noble. You couldn't expect her to live in an apartment. Her bathroom was the size of that. However, Kei did spend time with the normal members of her Division. Well, "normal" basically meant "not-rich" or "not-poor." Most of time spent here as of late had been introducing herself. And, of course, this meant flirting with the pretty girls.

Kei had bade another goodnight with her temptatious giggle. She waved and sighed triumphantly. Ah, this Division was perfect for her. Well, besides Erika. Kei didn't have any concrete thoughts about her yet besides what an ass. She adjusted her tailored Shihakushō. It was not her first today, so any other rendezvous would be scandalous. Therefore, she began to walk to her office. She closed her eyes for a bit and just enjoyed the fresh air of the day.

Kei opened her eyes and froze. She held half of an incantation on her lips—a Bakudō remained held. An honest-to-god tiger had walked across the T-intersection. It stared back at her. "You... are quite a large cat." She froze and began the final bit of the incantation as it continued to stare. "Did someone lose a tiger?" Kei called out to, hopefully, the wrangler of this beast.

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Left_bar_bleue0/0Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:57 am
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] HEADA_Screen_Shot_2019-07-23_at_9.58.46_PM

It was certainly auspicious that the first thing that Kei ran into was Ko. Deciding to wander a little from Igen in order to scout the area. Surely this woman couldn't be all THAT hard to find. Though as the tigress stalked about, not minding the occassional pat on the head or her back that came from the division members more familiar with her, ignoring the few that avoided her. It was another response that drew her attention.
Ko turned to look at the officer and promptly raised a brow when she noticed the sudden swell of energy. And immediately, the tiger paused it's stroll, peering for a moment at Kei before turning in her direction. "Why yes I am." Came a casual voice, and in that very moment, as if a trick of the eyes, the Tiger was gone. And a rather short girl with tiger ears atop her head was standing before Kei. A generally unamused look on her face as she stared the woman down.

"Little jumpy aren't you?" She murmured.

A brief instant later, Igen promptly appeared with a shunpo, having picked up on the shift in his Zanpaku'to's reiryoku frm getting irritated, he promptly turned to Kei and gave a sheepish smile. "Ah! Miss Saionji! Sorry if Ko gave you a little shock or anything. I keep forgetting not everyone in the division has met her yet. She's my Shikai." He hurriedly attempted to explain. Whew! What a situation! from a search to a sudden intervention, the androgynous fellow would promptly deliver a firm bow to the woman. "I'm very sorry if she startled you."
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:16 pm
KEI SAIONJI

And now it was a talking tiger. Great. She had a sliver of a doubt about how "perfect" this Division before the tiger was gone. Shapeshifting tigers. Yep, this was odd. Kei had seen odd things before, but nothing quite topped this. She had heard rumors of Shinigami who could do some sort of animal transformation, but to her knowledge that was mostly within the Shihouin and this girl didn't quite... match the Shihouin.

Kei didn't drop the held Kidō. Instead, the two stared at one another. It was tense, and Kei was more seeing how hostile this thing was. It took an apology and the flash of a Shihakushō for Kei to drop away from DEFCON 1. She let the energy dissipate as her attention focused on the newcomer. "Your... Shikai?" Kei glanced at the tiger-woman once more. That... didn't make sense either. Nope. She had a dozen questions running through her mind.

"I suspect anyone would be startled if a tiger was prowling around randomly. I imagine most people probably faint when she speaks for the first time if not properly warned." Kei let out a deep breath to finish steadying her heartbeat. "It also may be a more modern alteration, but I was taught that most aren't quite allowed to walk around with their Shikai... active. Either way," Kei clapped her hands lightly in order to end that (she'd have to do research on whether it was allowed or not), "you seem to know who I am, yet I do not know who you are." Kei let the implied "now, introduce yourself" hang between them.

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:59 pm
Squad One Spirit! [Kei, Igen] HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200[/center]

Ko glared a little over Igen's shoulder, as if challenged by the officer. Though Igen was quick to smile and give a sheepish laugh. "Admittedly it was harder when she couldn't talk. But uh, sorry. And uh..... Nnno? I mean. Yea. Normally you're not really supposed to but well...I kinda don't have a choice? Ever since I learned Ko's name she;s always been out and about. Which definitely was..... a problem. It's not as bad now that she learned how to change her looks." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, Ko making zero effort to offer an explanation or the like. Simply folding her arms and leering a little at the Kei.

Though when Kei asked for his name, Igen perked up a little. "OH! Well, uh,yea I guess you probably don't know me. My name is Igendai Gyakusuma. I'm the Twentieth Seat! I was uh... actually promoted to a Seated officer. ....pffff....It must have been five months ago. So I guess I am a bit of a fresher face. But I make up for it with a passion for the work we do here in First Division." He noted, a very clear positive outlook on this fella. Certainly he was a glass half full kinda guy. "And like I said, this is my Zanpaku'to, Ko. She....CAN be sociable when she wants to be." He added to the introduction. Ko herself just giving a brief leer over her shoulder before turning her attention elsewhere. Clearly feeling a little slighted by the way Kei had been talking about her.

"Eheh, well anyway. I was actually looking forward to meeting you! Did you transfer to this squad recently or have we just not run into eachother?" He ventured curiously.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:03 am
KEI SAIONJI

The way Kei understood that basically boiled down to "My Zanpakutō is always released and I can't control it so I have permission." That was, honestly, all she needed to hear about that. Kei and her own Zanpakutō didn't always get along, so she understood a Zanpakutō that didn't obey its owner. As Igen continued, Kei's demeanor relaxed. It was different being around someone so... cheerful. J was stoic to most, and Erika was... well, the less said the better. She hadn't had a chance to meet with her Captain yet either, but the general consensus was that she was a positive person as well.

Kei let out a soft chuckle. "Don't worry, I haven't been avoiding you. I'm a recent addition. I wouldn't exactly call me a 'transfer,' as I was part of the old Kidōshū from around..." She took a moment to think. It had been quite a long time. "Oh, a hundred years ago or so. It's truly my first time in the Gotei proper. I had heard only a bit about you. All positive, don't worry. And, in meeting you, I can at least tell they were being literal in that."

"You're not as dour as many of the other people I've met." With another small clap, Kei decided something else. "I had been talking with our Lieutenant and other officers lately, and I'd like to get to know you in a similar way. Let's go back to my office." Kei wasn't really in the mood to take no for an answer, so she led the way to a nondescript, spartan office. "I haven't had a chance to decorate or refurnish it yet, so I do apologize for the drabness of the décor." There was a hint of disgust at the end of her words. She honestly didn't mind most of it, but the chairs were going to go first thing. These were too stiff. Kei didn't sit behind the desk—as that side didn't have a chair yet—but in one of the two old visitor chairs left over from the previous 3rd seat. "So how long have you been with the Gotei?"

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:24 pm

Igen raised his brows a little at that and brightened up, a soft chuckle escaping him as she spoke about what she'd heard about him. "Oh! Well that's good! I certainly try my best to make a good account of myself. It's been a little busier than usual. Especially with what's going down in Africa." He sighed just a little and rolled his shoulder a little. Somehow he felt a bit anxious, knowing that big hole was still out there, spitting out hollows. Hm.

"Dour? Huh, that's a bit surprising. I mean sure we have a few like that. But I don't think I ever really got a kinda....down vibe from most of our squad. Well... aside from just one or two odd ones out." He noted thoughtfully. Erika certainly did seem a bit down. But well, he'd been informed that that was just how she was. Oh! It looked like they were going! He perked up and followed briskly as she made her way to her office. A brief look around certainly raised a brow of his as he noticed it wasn't very decorated yet. She really WAS fresh in huh? Now he was feeling a little bad about seeking her out so soon before she had time to settle.

All the same, he found a seat and perked up at her question. "Oh uh.... Well I've been in First Division out of the Academy for .... maybe a year now? Though I did get my promotion to Twentieth Seat back in october, like I mentioned! So I'm doing better than I honestly expected." He noted with a bright smile. Certainly it had been an interesting year. "I admit, It was a little surprising getting a seated position. I wasn't exactly the best when it came to how I performed in the Academy. But once I was actually out and working on missions and working alongside officers and other strong individuals, I feel like I've really hit my stride!" He pointed out. Ko in the meantime settled off to the side, once again in her Tiger form, lounging in the corner of the office and seeming intent on taking a nap.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:06 am
KEI SAIONJI

Kei chuckled and corrected herself. "Oh, my apologies. I didn't mean in the Division. I've met one or two like that, but I mostly meant other nobles attempting to woo myself or my brother—the dourest of all. I believe he's part of the Sixth Division now." Kei had only heard that in passing, so she was hoping she wasn't spilling the beans on a major surprise or anything. But, well, being in the Division that handled most of the administrative duties of the Gotei meant you got to see many interesting things between the boring parts of paperwork.

Kei was surprised. Shikai in a year from the academy? She nodded approvingly—impressed by Igen's growth. "I imagine your personality played a part in that as well. Power isn't everything; sometimes it's how one can lead or support that matters most." She turned up one palm. "And sometimes, it's where you are that matters as well. I may have had a better chance at, say, a Lieutenant's position if I took a chance at the 2nd Division's vacancy." She sighed. "But I think I can be of better help here." Plus the Captain is way more my type.

"Working with others was never my strongest suit—at least not directly. In the old days, you never knew exactly who you were working with. Those hoods didn't quite allow for the memorization of faces." Her service back then was the only time her hair had been short. She refused to cut it now. She glanced over at the tiger, which had transformed just as quickly back to the feline form. "Does your Zanpakutō change shape of its own will, or do you have to give a command?"

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:02 pm

Surprise was written across Igen's face. Woo? The idea of being flirted with so often that it was an issue was .... well... a bit foreign with Igen. "Oh I see... Hm." He murmured and folded his arms across his chest, considering the notion for a moment and drumming his fingers along his bicep. But well, he didn't dwell on it too long. A bit of a sheepish smile forming as the woman pointed out his own merits.

"I certainly hope so! I know my strengths at least. I know I'm maybe not the uh...most clever guy in the squad. But I've been working hard to make sure that I do my duties as best I can! A lot of people really just kinda focus on getting stronger. But honestly, I've always felt that competence is more important than just how much you can throw your weight around. It's why I've always done my best to go above and beyond just what I HAVE to do. If I ever want to be the Captain Commander, I can't just be strong, I need to be able to make sure that the Gotei won't suffer being under my administration." He pointed out. Certainly working under Abalia had been ...enlightening. Certainly she was, in a way, something he aspired to, in so far as being someone who didn't NEED to be the strongest to run things. But he also understood that she hadn't been....perfect in the slightest. He couldn't just be strong. He couldn't just have determination. He also needed to have a good vision and understanding of how things worked.

"Eheh, sorry I didn't mean to get all preachy there. But hey! I'm certainly glad you came here. Wanting to help is a good place to start. Id you don't mind me asking, what sort of experience do you have as a seated officer?" He ventured.

Oh? He paused and glanced at Ko. Right, she'd gone back. "Uhhhhh, she does it on her own. I mean, I've asked her to and she's done it. I don't think I've ever tried to like...command her or anything. I like to think of her as a partner more than something to go pushing around."
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:00 pm
KEI SAIONJI

At least the two of them agreed on that. At the same time, there was a disconnect. Kei had no ambition like Igen did. Sure, maybe she'd like to be a Captain one of these days. But to be the head of the entire Gotei? No thank you. She didn't want that kind of responsibility, and besides, she definitely was not the best choice for the job. Her vote for that lied elsewhere. "Oh, you have the desire to be Captain-Commander someday? My, how ambitious."

Kei had to think about Igen's question. She frowned as she tried to math it out. "Translating the ranks in the Kidōshū to the Gotei isn't exactly easy aside from the Commander and Vice-Commander. I was, in some ways, the equivalent of a third seat at the end of my service. It wasn't the same as this." She counted on her fingers as she continued. "Aside from being on-call, there was reviewing of Kidō research, inspections of the various barriers, dismantling and reconstruction of old barriers, providing prisoner escort to the Senzaikyū, operation of various relics such as the Sōkyōku—and I was not part of that fiasco. I was handling research on... I actually don't know if it's still classified, so I can't comment further. There's also operating the Senkaimon—which, between you and me, is where we sent people who were being problematic. Nothing like standing around, waiting to hold open a door to break down rebellious thoughts."

"Aside from that, I've handled the household matters of the Saionji after my mother died. While my brother handled most affairs regarding the clan, I was mostly in charge of the actual manor. Hiring and dismissal of servants, scheduling meals and meetings, overseeing renovations. That sort of boring, mundane tasks. It's from that experience that I believe I'm a good fit for the First. For what is the Gotei if not a large, dysfunctional family living under one roof? "

Tsubine's Character List
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum