Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters Left_bar_bleue0/0Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters Empty Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters

Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:43 pm
Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters HEADER_0229-005

Love.

Perhaps something far more simpler than the heart. It was a connection far more tangible than the insensible ramblings and murmurs of others. Even in the days before her demise, she understood the animal attraction that drove so many to claim that word. Lust dressed pretty in feigned emotions.

However, as it were. She'd certainly come a long way. It felt as much. No matter how much she still had yet to understand about .... this. She still felt as though she had trekked a thousand miles beyond her past understandings.

Closing her eyes... she remembered those final moments. That moment that had set her on this path.

And now..... ere she was, engaging in a human holiday. Nel had been encouraging, and certainly the literature seemed to support this little ritual. Naturally, there was no real way for her to send this letter. And truth be told, she would not have any desire to.

But there was catharsis to be had even in meaningless expression into the void. And so she began typing.

Have you any idea the trouble you've caused me?

I'm sure that by now you barely remember. I have collected enough data and information that I can safely say that even should I express to you the gravity of your actions that by matter of simply how long ago it happened, you might simply consider it inconsequential.

Or at least, you SHOULD.

But you never were one to meet my expectations and designs.

You. That unstable element in a sea of boring and predictable outcomes. I can only wonder what now crosses your mind in the situation you've found yourself in. The bond that had freed you once, is now making you a prisoner.

Should I save you?
Do you even want to be saved?
Or does your heart draw you unerringly into your own end?

I intend to find out.

Hm.
She supposed it felt a bit more like a threat than a proper letter. Then again, perhaps it simply lacked the intimate touch that came with writing it by hand. Did that matter? She had considered doing as such, but it was a bit late for that. She'd ask Nel about it later.

For now, she reached up, and gently shut the laptop before rising to her feet.

It felt ....insufficient. And for a moment, she pondered the urge to simply delete it. But that was a notion she ultimately abandoned. Keeping things, especially sources of regret, were important.
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters Left_bar_bleue0/0Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters Empty Re: Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters

Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:08 pm
Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters HEADER___astolfo_fate_and_2_more_drawn_by_kawacy__cd425d3c1cef15e03f578c9334fe19c9

Igen sucked at this kinda stuff, that much was for certain. At least he felt the .... culture behind his work was kinda subpar. Probably just a result of a western guy stuck in a feudal japanese world. He couldn't help but wonder what he'd been like when he was alive. Was he any good at poetry back then? Kinda hard to tell he supposed. But well, when you had a friend like Kyo, it was easy to feel like you were in a shadow. But Igen hardly minded that. There was no self doubt or hesitation as he sat down to write.

I hope this letter finds you well. It's been a while since we saw each other, actually now that I think about it it's been ages! About Ninety days since I last saw you. Ninety Seven since we first met! I had to keep track because of your gift, but well I guess things lined up pretty well!

I want to express that I'm thankful for a good number of things. Despite having only really interacted once or twice, I feel as if you've helped me .... so much more than most other things have. Plenty of people have taught me how to swing a sword. Plenty of others have given me instruction about fighting, about conduct, about so many things that make a shinigami a shinigami. But well, I wasn't exactly a star student.

But when we met, I saw something unique.
I didn't see the kind of fighter I want to be. I didn't even see the kind of shinigami I wanted to be.
I saw a level of competence and determination that has pushed me ever since. At first I thought it was experiencing your shunko. Or maybe it was your strength. But thinking back, It was your conduct and focus that struck me the most. Even as I was being beaten down, I couldn't help but admire how you fought. The work that rang through every strike, and the feeling that I was standing before someone who was not only stronger than me, but had worked harder than I ever had.

And that changed me. The same man who struggled in the Academy, and graduated with .... average assessments. I don't just feel stronger, strength can come from just about anything. But I feel my potential, not just with the strength that I've found, but that I can feel MORE within my reach.

I have you to thank for that,
I know you don't agree with the path I've chosen, but if nothing else I hope you can be proud of the way I've started living it.
Hopefully one day I'll get to pay you back, but in the meantime I hope the treat is a good down payment.

He smiled, proud of himself as he promptly sealed the Letter to the jar of Shibakuze. A jar he'd been brining for a little more than three months.
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters Empty Re: Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters

Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 pm
Mercy's 2023 Valentines Letters HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Well thankfully this was a little easier. As a matter of fact, now that his more ...personal one was out of the way, Oh? Not going to write one to your beloved Makoto? NOW THAT HIS PERSONAL ONE WAS OUT OF THE WAY! He glared toward Ko and refocused his attention on the letter, promptly beginning to write, shutting his Zanpaku'to's voice from his mind as he concentrated.

I hope you don't mind this letter, but I wished to express my admiration for you.

Truth be told, you did tend to intimidate me when I first met you. And truth be told, you still are a bit scary. But it's a much better kind of scary! Once I discovered your determination and your focus on bettering yourself, it was hard to really be scared. The effort you put into being the best shinigami you can be is something that makes me proud to call you my Superior. I certainly hope that one day I can count myself lucky enough to be your friend. But even if that's not in the cards, I'm more than happy just being your colleague.

He smiled, proud of his work, and promptly fastened the letter to a container of chocolates. Store bought, but nice ones. A little mix of different types since well, he wasn't sure which kind she liked. Now all he had to do was go deliver it.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum