Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae] Empty The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae]

Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:11 pm

TAGS; - Nagoshi Kanae NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - here

Battle was just the way of the Gotei, whether one wanted to admit it or not. Few could deny that the Gotei spent the majority of its time in combat, so to do anything except prepare for the next fight was little more than a test in futility. At least that's how this Kurata saw the world, and who could convince her otherwise? Her entire life was a constant battle, impressing her father, acting as security, apart of the best Squad within the Gotei 13, and now apart of the best Squad within the Gotei United.

There were no other squads that came close to what the Fourth Division could accomplish, those within it understood the truth of the Gotei's existence and the vast majority of them treated their lives with the same respect even if they stood no chance against the upper echelon's. Most struggled to improve, they spent day after day training to improve themselves and seeing small and incremental improvements, but they at least were trying and Shura had to give them credit for that if nothing else.

The stand out individuals within this division ensured they stood out, power immeasurable when compared and skill unattainable by the normal Shinigami let alone anyone outside of the Fourth Division. Certainly the others had their unique talents, but none could stand toe-to-toe with the Fourth Division in direct combat. Each individual within the division held their own unique fighting style, each one uniquely distinct from the others and that was the reason they were the best.

Of course there were some, namely the Taicho, who seemed to think themselves worthy of their ranks... Like their ranks meant anything about who they were in combat. Watching those training within the grounds gave her more information than trying to fight most of them could give her, slow and weak... Attacks containing predictable patterns that even a novice Shinigami should be able to see. Training with most of them would prove fruitless in efforts to better herself, but that wasn't new for her. There were precious few within the Fourth Division that could offer her a true challenge, and truth be told it'd been awhile since she flexed herself in any meaningful way.

"So many training, yet so few improvements. It's almost like they don't know how to train or improve themselves beyond what they're currently capable of. A shame for the Squad meant to succeed the best squad of the Gotei 13, wouldn't you agree, Taicho?"

Those that knew even the most generalized information of Shura would find her attitude not in the least surprising, her patience for the weak barely existed on a good day, and was utterly non-existent on a bad day. "Of everyone that has fought here, I can scarce recall a time when you've stepped out and been personally pushed during training. So how's about you get out there and show them what it means to train and spar within the Combat Division of the Gotei United?"

made by RR of DD, get it right, I'm the Top of the Top

Last edited by Kanji Man on Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae] Left_bar_bleue0/0The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae] Empty Re: The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae]

Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:04 am
The Top of The Top [Shura/Kanae] 1x3PJOh

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

In her short time as Captain of the Fourth, Nagoshi Kanae had learned quite a lot about her Division. First and foremost, it does not remotely compare to the generation of Shinigami she had commanded before her thousand year long prison sentence. In her time as a member of the first generation of Captains, every squad possessed enough combat power to march to war against any adversary. Now, after observing her underlings and even doing battle with a group of them, it was evident the ruthlessness and brutality necessary in the old days had left the spirit of the Gotei. Even with the recent wars Kanae had read about the Shinigami of 2123 were coddled in her eyes, and often possessed an air of comradery that disgusted the Captain.

Kanae stood stoically in her Captain haori as she watched a contingent of Fourth Division members spar in the training grounds. Her piercing violet eyes kept their cold gaze trained on them as they fought, like a stalking predator observing prey. She absorbed every iota of information about their combat abilities and stored it away, knowing eventually it would prove useful in her plans. Her thoughts were disrupted by the interrupting voice of an unseated member of the Division, a person Kanae couldn't put a name to. Even for someone who detests other Shinigami like Kanae, it annoyed her this woman would so openly insult her squad mates, especially after the recent Division Meeting.

"Did you miss the mandatory Division Meeting where I fought a group of your superior officers, soldier?" The venom in Kanae's voice as she referred to the woman who'd approached her could kill a water buffalo. Without taking her eyes off the training squad members, Kanae continued on "You speak arrogantly, and with ignorance. Perhaps you're upset I defeated your precious Captain a couple months ago. and rightfully took his position? You're welcome to attempt the same if you think yourself so above the rest of the Division."

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:32 am

"The fact you have to ask if I missed it tells me that you yourself failed to pay enough attention to see if I was there or not, believe me if I was there you'd know it Taicho." She had a pretty big grin on her face as she slammed her fist against her chest with an almost boastful air of confidence. She definitely caught the venomous tone that Kanae had, but truth be told that only meant she was a viper ready to strike its prey and that all on its own gave her a rather large amount of excitement.

"And why would I be upset that you beat a worthless welp? The previous Taicho failed to hold his position and showed he wasn't capable to be leading the Single Best Division in the Gotei United. No question about it." She said, her large grin never leaving her face, but as she said that she jumped backwards, doing a solid backflip before landing in the center of the training arena. "But as far as I'm concerned you barely showed anything during that mockery of a fight." With that, Shura drew her Zanpakuto and held it directly above her head pointed toward the sky.

Her tone and demeanor had shifted during her backflip and her face was now one of stoic composure "Minna o Horobosu, Hakaishin" A swirling vortex Reiatsu erupted from around her for about a second before a large serrated axe head came swiping through, dispersing it and revealing the released Zanpakuto, an enormous two-handed battle axe, a viciously serrated edge that had a faint purple aura that all on its own pulsated with power. "I want to see your full strength and nothing less, I want to see that Bankai for myself, because those unwilling to openly challenge those stronger than them aren't worthy of being in this division."

Her eyes alone pulsated with bloodlust, her tone emanated authority "So to answer your question, I couldn't give a fuck if you were an unseated Shinigami or a Taicho. All that matters in the Best Division of the Gotei United is what you can do in combat." To ensure their arena was clear, she channeled her Reiatsu into the blade of her axe before bringing it down to slam into the arena, a loud lion's roar erupting outwards to blow back the lesser Shinigami around her "So the least you can do..." She said slowly as her head tilted up, her eyes staring directly at Kanae "Is release that Zanpakuto and attack me with it, and if you dare do anything less I'll release my Bankai and kill you right where you stand, Nagoshi Kanae."

Was releasing a Zanpakuto like this in the middle of the Seireitei something that had consequences? Sure... Did Shura Kurata care? No.

Techniques Used:

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:51 am

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

The commotion of a Shinigami's Zanpakuto release was enough to cause those training in the area to turn and begin dispersing. These Fourth Division members did not leave however; they wanted to stay and watch Kanae teach a lesson to yet another upstart in the squad. It wasn't the first time they got to witness such a thing in her thus far short tenure as their Captain, and they figured it wouldn't be the last. In a squad all about combat and might above all, it made sense to them for their new Captain to be challenged despite them all being well aware she had bested her predecessor, the overwhelmingly powerful Arkin the Immortal, in one on one combat.

For the first time, Kanae turned to face her challenger and sized her up. Fierce eyes. Annoying. she thought silently to herself as her raven-framed face gave no clue about her thoughts. She continued watching in silence as Shura taunted her superior and released her Shikai's power. All throughout the woman's comments, Kanae remained stoic and studious of her underling's abilities. As with the rest of her division, Kanae had a vested interest in knowing the capabilities of anyone and everyone in the Gotei United for the security of her future plans in the organization and Soul Society at large.

None of Shura's comments managed to get a rise out of her superior, who remained unperturbed even as her life was supposedly threatened. Finally, with Shura done speaking, Kanae responded to her challenger with clear disdain in her voice "You either ignorantly believe you're the first to challenge me or arrogantly think you are somehow different from all the other vulgarians crushed by my hands. I have never known defeat as a Captain. You are welcome to see why." At this a surge of sickening spiritual pressure burst forth from both Kanae and her Zanpakuto, with the latter being even more malevolent, overwhelming the Reiatsu radiating from Shura's released state. She gripped Tosatsusha's handle at her hip, prepared to face whatever this Shura woman offers up as a challenge of might.

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:26 am

To say that Shura was anything less than excited wouldn't be just an understatement, it'd an insult of the highest magnitude. Truth be told however, neither of Kanae's statements were even close to the truth. Shura didn't care if she'd been defeated or not, nor did she care if she was the first to challenge her... No all Shura cared about was seeing precisely what her Zanpakuto was capable of, and that's precisely what she intended to find out. The grin once more returned to her face when the power of Kanae's Shikai was released, the overwhelming Reiatsu and malevolence that came from it all on its own was a sight to behold.

She'd never felt such a cascade of power in its raw form, let alone anything close to it being aimed towards her. Shura took a moment to soak it in, taking a big wif of the air with eyes trained on Kanae. "Yeah... That's the power I want..." She muttered to herself, sizing Kanae up briefly. She'd barely moved yet all in attendance could feel the resulting power be released, Shura wasn't a fool and she knew the power that Kanae held was extraordinary. But Shura's power was also extraordinary, as was the rest of the top of the division, so being extraordinary meant little at this point. What could Kanae do with that extraordinary power? That's what Shura wanted to know.

Leaping into the air and bringing her Axe above her head "Let's start this off right shall we?!" As the axe spun in the air, her Reiatsu began to once more gather within its blade to an even further extent, lightning radiating off of it "Girochin" a single word came from her lips before her axe was brought down in a single, powerful overhead swing directly towards Kanae.

Techniques Used:

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:41 pm
(fyi! Kanae did not release her shikai, she released her captain-level reiatsu! i will always make sure to be clear when she releases so there is no confusion!)

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

The Fourth Division members remaining in the area moved further back to give their Captain as wide a breath as possible. They had already witnessed her fighting ability twice now, once against their former Captain and another against a group of their squad mates, including the new Vice Captain, and did not want to get caught up in any kind of fight. For Kanae's part, she did not care one iota if any of them ended up flatted or cut into ribbons by her power. If they were dumb enough to get caught in the crossfire of a Captain's fight, they did not deserve their lives anyway.

"Hmph. Have it your way." said Kanae as she watched her underling prepare to start the battle in earnest. How...unimaginative. she thought as she calmly stepped to the left when Shura pulled her Zanpakuto back and began to swing it downward. At the same time she swiftly drew and swung her own Zanpakuto which slammed into Shura's, allowing her to deftly change the weapon's trajectory away from her. For a woman who's skill was honed in war and against the demons of the Gotei's founders, Kanae had no fear of her challenger's blade.

After the initial clash Kanae hopped away a short distance and spoke again to the younger woman "Is that all? Tsk tsk. How sad, little Shinigami. Maybe you would like to challenge a Shin'o Academy student instead?"

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:29 pm

To say that she was surprised that Kanae managed to deflect her attack would be a massive overestimation, in fact it would've been far more surprising had she not managed to do so. This only proved that Kanae was the perfect person to fight against, someone who could easily take the attacks she dished out... It meant that Shura had no worries about accidentally killing her, if she did it... it meant Kanae wasn't worthy of her place. Simple as that.

But with the parry came a flick and hop backwards from Kanae, Shura herself digging her feet into the ground to come to a skidding stop, a grin on her face. Was that all? Not even close. Her next flurry of attacks came from her personalized Shunpo, one that was accompanied by a series of five strikes. Each of the five strikes came from a different angle, the first one coming from the front with a downwards left-angled strike. When that was inevtiably blocked, parried, or dodged, Shura wasted no time before the next one was initiated, a tactic repeated for each of the following swings, the second coming from behind as a slash towards Kanae's waist, the third from above as yet another overhead strike, the fourth from the left with the axe swinging towards Kanae's back, and the fifth coming from the right accompanied by both words and a spinning of the blade once more like the first strike she'd done "Girochin"

Techniques Used:

Last edited by Kanji Man on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:31 pm

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

Sparks flew wildly as the two women met head on in a waltz of steel. With every swing of Shura's blade came an equally fierce blow from Kanae as she rapidly drew, attacked, and replaced her Zanpakuto in its holder. Her fighting style resembled that which ancient warriors called called 'iaijutsu', and she implemented it flawlessly, not a wasted movement throughout. There was no look of worry on Kanae's face either, no amount of stress bending or distorting her cold features. In this moment, as they fought, she was merely an extension of her sword, as much as it was of her.

Kanae would sense the energy gathering around Shura's hands and weapon as she employed her Shikai's special technique again, and as before she was ready for it. The difference this time was she had no intention to deflect it, instead choosing to duck and roll forward as it cleaved through the air above her harmlessly. Prior to Shura finishing her atack Kanae, who was growing ever more annoyed as the spar dragged on, completed her roll by rapidly drawing and swinging her Zanpakuto across her challenger's entire torso with earth-splitting speed and power, enough to end the fight in an instant of the younger Shinigami took it head on.

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Kanji Man
Kanji Man
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:42 pm

TAGS; - Nagoshi Kanae NOTES; - here WORDS; - here MUSE; - Bankai Theme

With each swipe it was increasingly more and more obvious the difference in their levels, removing any question as to whether her initial assessment was correct or not. Like a train moving in slow motion, Kanae did not even make contact with her blade, slipping underneath it entirely and moving forward rather than backwards... the sign of a predator knowing when to pounce. The counterattack being just as swift as the dodge itself, a strike upwards with enough force behind it that Shura had no way of stopping the full force of it, and so she had but a single choice.

Shura's form vanishing from the spot, headed backwards. But for all her speed and skill in Hoho, she didn't escape unscathed, as not only indicated from the blood that remained on her Superior's Zanpakuto, but also the diagonal cut along her torso, causing the bottom half of her Hakama to fall down along her waist. "Alright... too close for comfort." She thought to herself momentarily, but truth be told part of her wasn't expecting it to be Kanae who drew first blood yet here it was... Maybe she underestimated her just a tad too much. But it was clear that the large axe she now carried was, quite frankly, too slow to compete with the nimbler Zanpakuto that her opponent used. Very well then.

Shura lifted one foot before slamming it down in front of her "Fumitsukete Funsai Seyo, Bankai: Shinmetsu Tei" The one single large axe split itself, connecting the two smaller battleaxes that came from it with a singular chain, the blades themselves radiating with the destructive power that was her Bankai, each handle adorned with sharp spikes and the thicker blades covered with jagged edges that more resembled teeth than spikes.

Shura knelt just slightly "I warned you, Nagoshi Kanae" She said as she flung one of the blades towards her opponent, though this attack was a feint, for as soon as she moved to block or dodge it, Shura would utilize her Shunpo to move behind her opponent and initiate the true attack "Karitorisha" A diagonal swipe, aimed to do its namesake and swipe through her opponents neck and in one swing remove the head from its body. While it wasn't her most powerful strike possible, it was among her most deadly due to the amount of speed put behind it rather than the raw strength of the attack itself.

Techniques Used:

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:20 pm

CAPTAIN NAGOSHI KANAE

Steam poured off Kanae's Zanpakuto as Shura's blood was evaporated by an unseen substance along the sword's edge. After all the blood had been vaporized, she replaced the weapon back in its holder and stood as unwavering as ever with her hand gripping it loosely. Kanae watched in silence as her challenger took her time releasing her weapon even further.

This release caused Tosatsusha to communicate with its other half, who continued observing Shura's new form Perfect! Now nobody could blame you if you kill her! You could just say she went crazy and became a danger to others, Kanae! There was a logic to her Zanpakuto's words that gave Kanae pause. She had not had the pleasure of killing a single Shinigami since being released from the Great Central Underground Prison, a fact which ate at her every time she was forced to deal with her underlings with a measured hand. Cunning as ever, Tosatsusha. For now we'll just see how it plays out...maybe a little bit more power will push her over the edge.

As Shura's full power released, so did a torrent of spiritual pressure flow from Kanae's Zanpakuto. This Reiatsu was was even more malevolent than it was the first time, like a sickening blast contaminating the very air around it. The endless well of monstrous malice that was Kanae's Zanpakuto made sure to make it's presence known as power flowed from the blade into the Captain, amplifying her physical traits significantly. A sinister grin spread across Kanae's face as she readied to take on Shura once again.

As the axe flew through the air Kanae rapidly went through a few scenarios in her head before opting to simply side step the weapon. All the while her eyes remained trained on Shura, as her experience taught her such a simplistic attack would likely be accompanied by more to come. This would prove true as Kanae followed her challenger's movements as she Flash Stepped towards her. Even with Flash Step, traveling from a dozen or more feet away would take longer than a simple heel pivot, which allowed Kanae time aplenty to draw and raise her Zanpakuto and it's holder in order to block Shura's attack. Sparks flew from the weapons and Kanae could feel Shura's Bankai-enhanced power in her arms. She refused to give up any ground however, and aimed a kick square onto Shura's bloodied wound as they clashed.

MURDER QUEEN | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum