Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Empty Dedication [Rukia, Mizu]

Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:30 pm
Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] HzUvi67
RUKIA KUCHIKI | 2ND DIVISION CAPTAIN

Being down on Earth had come with some up sides and some down sides, to say the least. Working with Urahara at the tournament in the City of Lights had certainly been more fun than she'd expected it to, and Rukia'd liked watching the younger shinigami fight with so much genuine drive and optimism.

It was almost enough to balance out her run in with Ichigo. It could've gone worse, if nothing else, but Rukia didn't really like thinking about things in that kind of way. There was a lot that needed doing, a lot that she couldn't just afford to sit around and be sad about. It'd be a lie to say she took this position for much reason other than that she felt like she should, but things were different now. That was why she'd sent an invitation to Morikawa Mizu, in the 8th Division.

There'd been plenty of good showings in the City of Lights, to be sure, but that was the shinigami who'd stood out to Rukia the most by far. Her skill in kido was good, to be sure, but that was hardly the only reason. No, more than anything, it was just the fact that she reminded Rukia of herself. Back in the day, anyway. Before she got old.

For now, though, she could only wait for her visitor to come by.

END POST | COOL AS A CUCUMBER

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Left_bar_bleue0/0Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Empty Re: Dedication [Rukia, Mizu]

Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:53 pm
Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] JGYv9eD

MORIKAWA MIZU

A...a summons? From Captain Kuchiki-sama?!

To say Mizu was shocked upon receiving this request for her to come see Rukia Kuchiki was an understatement. Seeing who it was from had frozen her in place, and by the time she was finished reading the missive Mizu nearly fainted right there at her desk. After narrowly getting a grip, she immediately went to work shutting and locking her office door, and sitting by herself in confusion and awe. At one point she even laid on her office floor and stared blankly at the ceiling, her mind simultaneously stuck in time out of shock and going a million miles a second trying to figure out why in Soul Society would Rukia summon her? Some Fourth seat in another division, unworthy of the attention of one of the legendary Kuchiki siblings.

Even has trepidation took hold, Mizu knew if there was one thing in her entire life she would not do, it would be missing this meeting. Or being late. Or being unkempt in any way. Or...dozens of other things that would reflect poorly on herself, and be disrespectful to the Second Squad Captain.

When the time came, Mizu had made sure to be at Rukia's office a few minutes early. Instead of entering early however, she stood just outside and waited. Every second ticked by like a century as she stood motionless, waiting for the exact time listed in the summons request. Then, just as her Denreishinki indicated the designated time had come, Mizu stepped up to Rukia's open door and entered. "H-hello, Captain K-kuchiki-sama. I received your summons. P-pleasure to meet you." stuttered Mizu as she just barely managed to get her greeting out.

TAKING IT SERIOUS | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:24 pm

"It's good to meet you too, Officer Morikawa. Take a seat."

Rukia offered a smile to try and reassure the obviously-stressed young woman, not exactly wanting this to be a difficult meeting for her. She had enough awareness to have noticed Mizu standing outside her office before she'd knocked, but Rukia appreciated that sort of dutiful approach to things. It was one more reason she'd reached out to the shinigami, after all.

"Hopefully I'm not interrupting your day by asking you to come here. I've heard a lot about how hard you work in the 8th Division, and I know they keep busy."

Honestly, it had been a while since Rukia talked to Rose about anything other than work. Sure, the two of them were hardly the best of friends, but she'd certainly found it nice to bond with him over the changes in the world. Them both being captains now did certainly change the dynamic, though.

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Left_bar_bleue0/0Dedication [Rukia, Mizu] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:13 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

Rukia's calm demeanor helped relax Mizu a bit, even if she remained on edge about the situation. She was still shocked just to be here in this office, but at least she was no longer ready to jump out of her skin at any moment. "T-thank you." she uttered upon receiving the invitation to sit, which she promptly did.

Mizu's golden eyes grew wide as she was complimented by one of her personal heroes. She wasn't sure how to respond, which left a silence hanging in their for an almost uncomfortable length of time. The entire time she sat trying to think of something to say, all that kept repeating in her mind was the question Why me??. Eventually though she managed to get a hold on her thoughts and spoke with a subtle quiver in her voice "T-thank you, Captain Kuchiki-sama. I live to serve the Gotei United and the Eighth Division. I have only been able to succeed thanks to the wonderful Shinigami in the squad, and the Gotei at large. Without them, and all the other people I've met on missions, I certainly would not be where I am today."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:29 pm

That praise for her comrades was definitely admirable, though Rukia couldn't help but wonder how much of it was genuine and how much of it was Mizu wanting to make sure she made a good impression. Well, maybe that was a little jaded of her. Pouring the young woman a cup of tea, Rukia thought for a brief moment before she spoke again.

"You've made quite a name for yourself these past few months, you know. I think most shinigami could only dream of making progress like you have, and your fights down in the City of Lights were pretty impressive."

She'd seen them, after all, so it wasn't as if Rukia was just speaking baselessly.

"What do you see in your future as a shinigami? What are your long-term ambitions? If you don't mind me asking."

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

"Hai." said Mizu as she gratefully accepted the cup of tea from the Captain and brought the cup to her lips. Whether it was due to her enjoyment of tea, or just the simple fact of having a physical distraction for her flustered mind, Mizu found herself returning to normal somewhat. Her heart stopped racing in her chest, and the butterflies in her stomach even seemed to disappear.

Hearing one of her heroes compliment her work and performances in the Arena of Lights was both encouraging and validating. After all, even though she puts all of herself into her work, regardless of whether its blood-boiling battles with Hollows or just paperwork, she could never be sure what she was doing was what she should be doing. But if Rukia believed her efforts were worthwhile and impressive, then who was she to argue?

Mizu gripped her tea cup with both hands as she thought of how to answer Rukia's question. What do you see in your future as a Shinigami? In other words, she thought, what are my dreams? She had only discussed them with Kyo and Mika since joining the Gotei. Mizu let out a calming sigh before giving her answer "I have...always wanted to be a great Shinigami. Like the incredible people I read about growing up..ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ ᶦⁿᶜˡᵘᵈᵉᵈ...I want to be the best me I can be....and, if possible, and I know this is arrogant even to suggest, I--I want to be a Captain some day!" Instantly Mizu's face reddened like a ripe tomato out of embarrassment from revealing her most secret ambition.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:47 pm

This had been a more important question in Rukia's mind, and so there was a faint intensity to her as she listened to Mizu's response. It was honest, if hesitant, and the way she spoke was the kind of thing Rukia liked to hear from people. Confident determination, and a firm goal, even if they thought it wasn't necessarily reasonable.

"It's not arrogant to have that as a goal. Anyone can hope to be a Captain, and there was a time when even achieving Bankai would have had you being looked at for the position."

Maybe that wasn't the case anymore, but it wasn't as if Bankai was an easy feat to achieve. Rukia tapped the side of her cup idly in thought, before returning her attention more fully to Mizu.

"Well, I don't want to sound like I'm getting in the way of Captain Otoribashi, but I want you to consider coming here to the 2nd Division. I need a vice captain that I'm confident I can trust, and you have a pretty stellar service record already. I've seen what you can do with kido, too, so I don't think I'm asking you to come somewhere you're not qualified for."

Rukia knew, based on the conversation to this point, that she should probably give Mizu a moment to process the offer, so she didn't say anything further.

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:35 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

Mizu hung on every one of Rukia's words. She felt reassured by her support of wanting to be a Captain, and having recently unlocked her own Bankai it was an interesting thought that even as she is now, at some point in the past she may have been headhunted for such a monumental position. Had the Gotei really come so far? Could these eight divisions match even the thirteen of Gotei United's predecessor by virtue of more concentrated power? Mizu couldn't count on her hands the number of impressive and awe inspiring people she had met who weren't even Vice Captains, let alone Captains.

Her thoughts were disrupted by what came flowing from Rukia's mouth next: A job offer. Not just for any kind of job, though. An offer to become Rukia Kuchiki's Vice Captain. Before her mind could even process the question, Mizu answered the Captain far more loudly and forcefully than even she expected from herself as a resounding "YES!!" left her lips. Immediately after, Mizu's eyes went wide again and her hands shot up like rockets to cover her mouth as if she'd said something horrible. Did I just do that'???

Rukia's suspicion was proven true as Mizu took a minute to understand what just happened. Then, after what felt like ages to the young Shinigami, Mizu desperately got a hold of herself and backtracked a bit "W-what I mean to say is, um, Captain Kuchiki-sama, what about the Eighth? I-I can't just up and leave Captain Ōtoribashi-sama! And surely there are other, more worthy candidates?? N-not that I don't trust your judgement! But the Gotei is full of so many incredible people who I'm sure who be great for the job...but I'm sure you did your due diligence and vetted them all...b-but maybe someone slipped through...but...but..."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:51 pm

That was about what Rukia had expected, given the conversation up to this point. Not that she minded the outburst, though. If anything, her lips seemed to turn up just a bit more at Mizu's forceful proclamation, and she waited patiently for the more measured explanation that followed suit.

"I understand. Your division can mean a lot to you, and I don't want to ask you to leave the 8th if you'd rather not. I could try and convince you with talk about how this is really good for your career, or the experience you can get, but I'm not really interested in trying to sell it like that. I asked you to be my vice captain because I think you'd be a good vice captain for me."

Rukia felt like other captains in the past would certainly have been more conniving about this if they wanted a specific vice captain, but she'd already gone this long without having one while looking for the right fit. Waiting longer wasn't the end of the world.

"Don't feel like you need to give me an answer right now. Take some time to think about it if you need."

Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:14 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

Mizu hung her head as she listened to Rukia. She didn't want to try convincing her because she believed Mizu was qualified, and that should be enough. She was even willing to give her some time to think about it. Think about it..? What's there to think about?

Considering her initial reaction, there must have been plenty to think about. Her Captain, a man who accepted her transfer when the squad was founded and even graciously helped her train with her Bankai. Vice Captain Rangiku, who welcomed her to the Eighth with open arms. Beetle, a woman who chose the Eighth and when they met, quickly became her friend. Then there was Kyo...a person Mizu just wanted to be around. Someone she knew she would still see, but would also miss the short time they worked together.

Then there were all the other amazing people she had met in other Divisions. As she said to Rukia, surely there was someone among them more worthy of being called Vice Captain? Lerna? Asami? Saiko?? Or how about the hundreds of other Shinigami, amongst whom Mizu had no doubt there would be not just stellar individuals, but people just as if not more talented Kidō practitioners? Then again, Mizu thought, she had come far. Even though she lost as many Arena matches as she'd won, she didn't have her Bankai for any of them and still apparently managed to represent the Gotei well. As far as Kidō goes, even Urahara seemed impressed with her! As great as everyone else is, shouldn't these things could for something?

Anger, at herself and her lack of confidence, welled up inside Mizu. What. Was. There. To. Think. About? she asked herself. Mizu balled her hands into fists and raised her head to lock eyes with Rukia before speaking forcefully again "No! I care deeply about the Eighth and everyone in it. Without them I wouldn't be who I am today, and I am certain I wouldn't be seated in front of you like this. But...I am. Captain Kuchiki-sama...I, Morikawa Mizu, Fourth Seat of the Eighth Division of the Gotei United, humbly accept your offer to become your Vice Captain. I can only hope to make all of them, and you, proud!"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum