Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Left_bar_bleue0/0A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Empty A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]

Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:58 pm
A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Nc14v0I

SOLOMON RICHTER

Solomon didn't particularly view himself as a man who reflected on the past much, not for extended periods at least. That wasn't to say he ignored past reflection to a negligible degree, but few memories alone rarely ever held weight enough in his mind to bother him beyond the scope of a few days to a week. There was one, though, that remained a permanent fixture within his mind. The day he nearly lost his life along with those who chose to defend the City of Lights. One name bothers him to no end. A pinnacle of strength that wholly displayed the will of a man hellbent on achieving a single goal at all costs.

Ichigo Kurosaki.

Nothing would truly ever let him forget, nor would it let him turn a blind eye to the people who had rescued him from danger at the cost of their own lives. Amid the aftermath, time had gotten so far away from him that he ended up neglecting to thank one of the people whom he ensured he was still alive and breathing. A playful, almost impish woman by nature - Giselle Gewelle, Gigi for short.

Honestly, that proved a more potent regret than his inability to defeat Ichigo. From what he was able to glean information-wise, the entire ordeal left her unable to utilize her abilities anymore. Admittedly, that welcomed another pang of guilt. He wondered if he had been stronger... more adept, more advanced... would it have changed the outcome? Would she still be amongst their forces today? He couldn't say for certain, but that was neither here nor there, a distracting guilt-ridden thought. No more, no less.

Under the unfortunate circumstance of the conflict in Africa, an opportunity presented itself to amend his oversight regarding the woman. She was visiting someone in the City of Lights who'd participated on the battlefield. He didn't know who it was, specifically, but at the very least, it afforded him an ideal measure of time to take advantage of his fortune.

Working through the proper channels, he learned of her temporary hotel arrangement. An opportunity passed by twice would truly bother him to no end. Therefore, he did his due diligence, asked the proper individuals regarding her specific hotel, and found himself traveling the wide halls of the hotel to reach her little place. There was a bag of mementos and gifts, a collection of items Solomon, through asking her former peers and those who knew her better than he ever did, compiled to drive home his appreciation. He would have likely taken her out on the town to get some fresh air, too, but that was reserved only for her level of comfort. It was stressful to visit someone in a hospital, after all. His main intention was to genuinely thank her for her contributions. Above all, that ought to be acknowledged.

And so, with fist pressed forward, he raps against the door hoping the woman of the hour is present.

THE ONCOMING STORM

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Left_bar_bleue0/0A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Empty Re: A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]

Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:23 pm
A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  HEADER__cropped_ca7ed3d9f6a82642eba5af86ab3b94de

Giselle wasn't exactly expecting any visitors. ure, she might have planned on checking up on some friends in the area. But otherwise, she planned on just focusing on keeping an eye on Liltotto until her girl recovered. So imagine her surprise when she heard a knock on her door.

A bit of shuffling and rumbling behind the door, rummaging about to get a shirt on before finally peeling the door open a small ammount, those bright red eyes peeking in through the crack before pausing when she actually saw who it was. That notable flash of blonde hair and blue eyes. It didn't take her long at all to recognize the sternritter.

"....Solomon?" Confusion was clear in her voice and she peeled the door open jiust a bit wider, squinting just a little, as she had the lights low inside. THANKFULLY not for the usual reasons. Candice was out doing some other stuff. but still she looked a little unprepared as she peered a bit at the ritter through the doorway.

"Haven't seen you in a while there rookie. Uh... you need something?" She ventured, not sure if this was a personal call or vandenreich business.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  Empty Re: A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]

Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:58 pm

SOLOMON RICHTER

"You could say something like that. Did I catch you at a bad time?"

Solomon hope he hadn't been intruding on her personal time, certainly, but this meeting held a great deal of importance to him. She was the reason he could be facing her right now, after all. Solomon offered a gentlemanly bow before the woman, presenting the assortment of gifts he had prepared in an ornate basket. He wasn't particularly fond of such grand displays of appreciation, since he felt words achieved what actions and items could not, but he maintained a warm smile nevertheless.

"I wanted to show my appreciation for everything you did for the Vandenreich, and more importantly... what you did for me. Time got away from me, and before I could act on anything to show my appreciation... you were gone. As sappy as this might sound, words never will fully express my gratitude for saving my life. So..."

Solomon took a deep breath, clearing his throat to pose another question.

"Before you go back home, what would you say to going out for a walk and catching up on lost times?"

THE ONCOMING STORM

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:56 am
A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  HEADER__cropped_ca7ed3d9f6a82642eba5af86ab3b94de

Giselle chuckled softly and shook her head a bit at his question about this being a bad time. Was she half awake and like, only wearing a big shirt? Yea. But she could hear him out. But uhh... she wasn't exactly prepared for what came next.

She knew she'd saved him. But he seemed to be thinking her for more than just that.

'Everything She did for the Vandenreich'?

She froze for just a moment at that and felt her shoulders slump ever so slightly. Sure, she'd done a lot. But the notion that someone was thankful was......strange? She'd never really tried to think about how anyone in the Vandenreich had felt about her departure. Well, mostly because she'd departed as a result of being on death's door. But she had never really put a lot of thought about how people might have reacted to her STAYING out.

.....Gratefulness? Relief? She had managed to garner respect, sure. Cyrus had put on his little leader hat and given her a verbal pat on the back. And some of the people that had bared their teeth when she first joined seemed to become more amicable. But she knew humans better than that. Giselle was still around, but "The Zombie" was gone. And she could only imagine that was a fact met with relief. Perhaps some mild, second-hand unhappiness. Maybe some of thos up and ups were displeased to lose an 'Asset' like the zombie. But she never actually thought of people missing her. Why xactly would you miss some fucked up monster?

"Uhhhhh, just a sec bud." She smiled, and then shut the door. Before sxcooting her way over to her room and putting on an actual outfit. Once she was all nice and decent, she made her way back to the door, slid off the chain and then peeled it open so that she could step outside. She'd normally have invited him in, but uhhhhhhhh she didn't want Candice waking up and accidentally flashing the guy because she wasn't dressed either.

"Uhhh I don't know what to really say. Thanks Sol." She floundered just a little. Still reeling a bit from the unexpected gratitude. She paused for just a moment and scratched her cheek. "....I suppose a walk would be nice. I don't exactly have a lot of infromation on how things are going with the Reich these days. Much less yourself. So sure, let's take a walk."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:38 pm

SOLOMON RICHTER

"Take as much time as you need."

He had intended to meet her no matter how many efforts it took until he succeeded, but he wasn't nearly so bold as to encroach upon someone else's time. He gave her all the time she needed to prepare while he simply stood outside with basket in hand. For a moment, he chuckled to himself, reflecting momentarily on her words just now. Rookie was still an exceedingly apt term. His improvement was certainly significant compared to the last time she had seen him, but it was by no means anywhere close to his desired peak.

When Giselle returned, relief painted his expression as the woman accepted his offer. He certainly understood the notion that she was none the wiser to what the Vandenreich was up to nowadays. Much had happened since she left. The event in Africa being the topmost example. He had no qualms whatsoever about sharing any information as far as he was allowed. Offering another bow, he motioned for the woman to walk alongside him with a bright smile.

"Don't worry. I'll fill you in on anything you wish to know. It goes without saying, but a lot has happened since your departure. For me and the Vandenreich. In return, I'd love to know if you've fared well in your time away as well... if that isn't too much to ask, of course."

THE ONCOMING STORM

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:26 pm

Giselle snorted softly and took the gifts that Solomon had brought inside, she shut the door behind her and promptly gestured for him to lead the way down into the main lobby, raising her brows a little as the pair of them headed out of the hotel to begin their walk.

"Well, why don't we start with the general stuff? As much as I'm sure you'd love nothing more than to recount how stuff's been going on in Africa, lets start smaller. How have you been? After the whole Kurosaki Incident and all that jazz. Has Lukas still been all dark and gloomy?" She vaguely recalled the little meeting they'd had after the initial incident. In which Lukas had had quite a bit to say about the situation. Though frankly, that kid had always been pretty ...intense. She was curious if he'd managed to calm down a little since then.

Probably not with the whole Africa Thing.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:44 pm

SOLOMON RICHTER

"To be fair, I'm not exactly in a rush to recount everything regarding Africa, much less anything regarding our recent defeat."

Solomon held no particular desire toward hurriedly recounting his tales in Africa. It was, by all accounts, a hellscape filled to the brim with monstrous hollows of nature so alien that it defied common thought. Giselle was offering him mercy by sparing him the opportunity to provide his firsthand account of the scene. As they began their walk, he decided to speak on the positives first. It wasn't as if there were a multitude of those to provide, either, but they sufficed well enough.

"Considering where my mind was in the immediate aftermath, I'd say I've handled things fairly well. I'm still training to the best of my ability, working past the regret of things that were out of on my control. As far as Lukas, he was expectedly irritated. So much so that we came to blow during a spar and beat each other senseless. As far as being dark and gloomy, not much has changed on that front. That man is always on edge, but I must admit... It's that same edge that has allowed him to improve his technique considerably. Alas, I suppose that simply means I have to follow suit."

Solomon didn't particularly hold any negative emotion toward Lukas now compared to when it all began. He was not easy to socialize with by any degree, but his determination deserved its fair share of praise. He could respect that even if he found that silver-haired bastard annoying.

"And what about you? How have things fared since your departure? Has life treated you well?"

THE ONCOMING STORM

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:09 pm
A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  PROFILE_a3fa4cb9b11b2fbef423e782c8907cf6

Giselle nodded softly at that. She'd heard about how things had went based on her conversations with Liltotto. She had to admit, she did wonder a bit what the hell had gone on. But that wasn't something that was admittedly her business these days. She had to focus. Or at least try to.

"That's a bit presumptuous. As someone who was his superior officer when he joined the Vandenreich ranks. He has other areas to improve rather than his technique." She noted casually enough, rolling her shoulder a little as she recalled her own experience with the young man. He was certainly a vicious fighter. But combat was about more than just neating things down. "Sorry Sol but I'm gonna have to be real. IF you start behaving like Lukas I might have to drown you myself if one of your comrades doesn't beat me to it." She snorted, giving a sly smirk at the man as she put her hands into her pockets.

The question about her own situation caused her brows to raise. She was quiet for a few moments as she .... considered. By now they were outside, and with the evening dying down, the night was slowly spreading across the sky, and although he city was still alight. The shroud of nothing above them still drew her attention. A moment to feel small as they spoke.

"It's ......different. I can feel pain now. I don't know how much you guys were told. But I lost my powers. No more zombie for me. I can feel pain. I have to eat. I can get hurt. It's a pretty big pain in the ass." She chuckled, smiling from ear to ear as she slipped her hands into her pockets. "But more than that. I've been trying to see if I can get myself back on track. Be ..... I dunno. SOMETHING close to what I was. I mean. I'm finally just a human now. Which has been a lot to adjust to. Training has been a pretty good distraction at least." She noted quietly.

"Though that has come with it's...fair share of worries."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:19 am

SOLOMON RICHTER

"Oh no. Allow me to correct myself, then. I meant following his lead in terms of getting stronger. Trust me. The last thing I'd want to do is act like him. Sheesh. Could you imagine how insufferable I'd be?"

Solomon took Giselle's words in stride. He probably should have clarified what he meant, no doubt, but there was no particular semblance of interest in copying Lukas to any degree. Following in his footsteps was the last thing he wanted to do. Moving past that subject as they walked outside, Solomon allowed Giselle a moment to answer as his gaze wandered around the surrounding glow of kaleidoscopic colors. This city always looked quite brilliant at night. Giselle's explanation gave him pause. He had always been aware of her zombification ability, naturally, but given his rank and file position in the Vandenreich, he couldn't immediately recall if they had informed him of what happened to her in the aftermath. Outside of the base knowledge, he hadn't been informed on much else.

"I cannot speak for anyone else, but I wasn't informed of much. I'm a rank-and-file member of the Sternritter. I'd imagine that information was passed along to the coordinators and administrators. I imagine that sort of transition must be difficult. To go from being inhuman to human, accounting for what the human body naturally requires on a day-to-day basis. That said, I am happy you seem to be taking everything in stride given your new circumstance."

Solomon took a moment to ponder another question, reflecting on those words she expressed afterward. A fair share of worries? He wondered... what did she mean by that? Was there a lingering aftereffect? Something that bothered her mentally? It was worth posing a question.

"Like what exactly?"

THE ONCOMING STORM

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:46 am
A Tribute of Gratitude[Giselle, Solomon]  PROFILE_a3fa4cb9b11b2fbef423e782c8907cf6

Giselle snorted softly at the response to her playful comment. Both pleased he found it funny, and VERY glad that he had no intention of actually becomming like Lukas. Not that she thought the kid was uh..... wrong on some things. But his execution, and some of his OTHER ideas seemed a little out of wack. Fine for a man of his status, but not something she wanted to go spreading around.

"I don't even imagine much of the Vandenreich uppers know about it. I tendered my Resignation when I was still sick. It wasn't until I got better that I even realized my powers were gone. My daughter therefor knows. And probably the intel squad. But I don't know who really even has been informed outside of them." She noted with a gentle shrug of her shoulders. Eyes affixed to the streets as they went. There was never really any real isolation. Always a few errant walkers. People going out for parties. Drinking out late. But things were definitely much more quiet as things got more late. Something she used to enjoy when she lived here.

"And uh, well, let's say that Kurosaki didn't exactly bounce without leaving behind a gift. The main reason I was so sick was because I took one of those big attacks. Left a lof of his hollow spirit energy in my vital organs and in my blood. My quincy powers eventually just gave out, but I managed to survive. But that didn't exactly mean all that hollow energy disappeared." She noted softly, raising her hand and opening her palm face up, so that a soft green crackle of energy could course across her fingertips. The tint of hollow reiryoku saturating the little flames.

"On one hand, I am developing powers again. But uh, on the other hand. I'm not exactly thrilled with the source. My girlfriend is helping me out with adjusting. Try and get myself back to something close to my old self. But it's slow going." She noted calmly.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum