Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Captain greetings!(Rei/Rose)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Captain greetings!(Rei/Rose)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Captain greetings!(Rei/Rose)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain greetings!(Rei/Rose)

Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:17 am
Rei would try to put into words what is burdening her. She thought often about the people she was able to save. That family in the rukongai who took her in all those years ago. The other shinigami that were with her when she had gotten that wounded by the adjucha. She would think about their faces as they were killed 1 by 1, and how powerlessness she had felt. The only one that survived that encounter other than herself had still lost their arm. It really should have been her, and if it wasn't for hisana they all would have been dead.

"M..my burden is the people I haven't been able to save. From the family that took me in all those years ago when I arrived in the soul society. T...the squad I was with when we had went to the world of the living to assist with clearing out some weaker hollows. An adjucha h...had appeared, and there was only me and one other who was able to survive.

The last bit would come out as a whisper, and she could feel the burning sensation in her eye as she was about to cry. That group had been her friends, her comrades, and she couldn't do anything but watch them be killed. She could feel the anger at herself building up, but she would try to fight it back down.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Captain greetings!(Rei/Rose)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Captain greetings!(Rei/Rose)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:06 am

Captain greetings!(Rei/Rose)  - Page 2 IBuMGRZ
Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi | Captain of the 8th

"There is an unfamiliarity to death, is there not? We are the reapers of souls and yet even still we do not have mastery over it. But do you think they would want you to dwell on your misgivings, those comrades or family of yours that fell at your side? Remember them, treasure those fond memories that you shared, and do not let that end tarnish all that came before it.”

A sombre look of understanding lingered behind those lilac eyes, the gaze of a man that had lost as much as Rei had and more. Yet still he wore an easy smile, there was a dry confidence to the Captain that persisted even as it seemed she was nearly succumbing to tears. Rose did not want her to cry, that was the natural reaction, but he was not going to tell her that she should bottle all those feelings up. That unhealthy behaviour was not something to be encouraged, after all, and he leaned down to put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"You are more than a sum of your failures. They thought so, I think so. But you have to accept what has happened if you ever want to move forwards again."

He squeezed softly, enough to let her know that he was here and offering a shoulder to lean on. That was his duty, and if she did not start soon then it would drive him to tears of his own.

Wild is the Wind | END POST
Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:23 am
Rei would ponder the statement for a few quiet moments as a tear would fall, but she would let out a small laugh. Wiping the tear away as she would look to him.

"My family. They always thought it was weird to see me cry. I had always tried to keep them from seeing me like that I guess I had to much pride.

The comrades that had passed all knew that could be an outcome for their profession. They had learned it in the academy, and they had seen it time and time again just by walking in the infirmary. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't take you by a surprise when you're facing it in the field. She would take an uneven breath, but she would accept that it had happened.

"T...the mission on the other hand. We knew that there were hollows, but we just weren't ready or equipped to deal with the adjucha. I I did what I could to try to save them I really did, but I... I just wasn't able to stop it from doing what it wanted."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:11 pm

"You gave it your all. Then you have already done right by them, for they could truly expect no more."

Though his words were spoken tenderly, they were equally blunt. There was a merit to taking a measured approach, slowly guiding them towards a path of revelation, but this was not the purpose of Rei's tale. It was a footnote, and the sooner she realised that and rose above it, the sooner she would overcome the barriers that plagued her progress. Rose could feel it, like the static in the air before one strummed that first chord and blasted it out of the amp.

"It is the nature of things that we cannot truly foresee the future, no matter the precautions taken there are no such oracles. Tragedy befalls many, misery is not a thing that we can simply wipe from existence, no. You are here still, suffering, but here all the same. Take solace in that small comfort, for there are surely many that are glad that you are, myself amongst them."

Frost_Rei
Frost_Rei
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:36 am
Rei would contemplate his words as she did need to see that. Perhaps she wasn't as expendable as she had thought she was. She could feel something in her soul begin to stir as she would let out a small sigh. If did feel like there was a weight lifted off her shoulders as all she could do is nod.

"T...thank you captain Rose."

As she would take a deep breathe, and she would plan to visit her friends graves this evening. She did want to apologize for her weakness, but she wasn't going to blame herself. Noone in her group were ready for that fight, and it was strange of her to keep beating herself over it.

"I think that I understand captain. I'm going to need the rest of to tonight after I get back to the barracks, but I think I may be able to come to peace."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:44 pm

"Aha, you need not offer me thanks for simply doing my duty. Go, rest, and be ready to do yours in turn. That is all I ask."

Releasing his grip on her shoulder, Rose could feel a sense of lightness in the air that he found much more tolerable than the dark clouds that had been circling before he approached. Perhaps Rei had come to an inner revelation, a step towards accepting who she was, or maybe his words had just struck the right chord. Regardless, he had done all that he could and all that was needed so mission accomplished.

"You can swing by my office if you need any further assistance."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum