Ye Olde Guarde
Joined : 2010-07-09
Posts : 3356
Karma : 33
Age : 23
Location : Soup
|Subject Post 1Subject: Variable Assault Response Intelligent Automaton (V.A.R.I.A.) [APPROVED, 0-5, LINER] Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:21 pm|| |
Name: Variable Assault Response Intelligent Automaton (V.A.R.I.A.)
Alias: Horizon Ariadust
True Age: Approx. 13,000
Gender: None (Female form)
Personality: As an automaton, VARIA is unable to portray emotions by using facial expressions. Rather, she has no emotions to portray. She knows what the emotions are, what they do to the body, what they look like, and what feigning emotions look like. However, she does not know what they feel like. She can not know what they feel like. In some ways, it makes her the ultimate unbiased person, even though she is not living. She also demonstrates perfect logical thinking. She corrects people when they say something incorrectly, and is a living dictionary, thesaurus, translator, and encyclopedia. One of her nicknames, Lady Webster, is because of that. Like all Eastern-based Liners, she uses "Jud." instead of "yes." She treats everyone whom is not registered on her database as semi-hostile, but will not act unless given need to do so. VARIA respects and follows all orders given to her, unless her "logic database" detects a conflict. VARIA refuses to request for anyone assist her, as she [almost] always finds a way to handle an issue on her own. She never uses "excessive" force, but rather enough force to deal with the target and the target's powers.
Regardless, she is a kind girl who loves doing what she likes.
She also cares for Toori, although she tends to treat him rudely because her logical thinking dictates that she needs to feel annoyed at Toori's antics towards him.
VARIA has long silvery-white hair and blue eyes. As an automaton, her body is mostly composed of mechanical parts that are covered using a substance that replicates the look and feel of human skin. However, there are some parts like the shoulders, arms and fingers, which have black-colored skin; these parts house the more sensitive machinery. She also has heat radiators and various sensors on each side of her head; these appear as her hair accessories.Animalistic Traits:
2 metric tonnes
VARIA is connected to the Magi Quantum Supercomputer System
. Her Artificial Response Intelligence (ARI) mainframe is based in here. This means that if her body is destroyed, her mind [memories and other knowledge] is safe.Hacking:
The only thing that can hack VARIA is a full-power Shadin with a full-power Yuudeshi Network or equivalent [must have my and Frost's approval of the level of computing power]. NOTHING
else could hack her.Body Replication:
VARIA's body, while expensive, is capable of being remade. It requires the destruction of the MAGI to destroy VARIA completely. Magic:
VARIA's magic is all strange. Of course, she can not create spells, but the spells she uses are all influenced by her cybernetic side. This means they all get a special tazer-like shock aftereffect, as well as an appearance change. They all gain a cyberpunk-like appearance.Weapons:
All of VARIA's weapons are kept in her Sign Frames. Origin:
Basic Sign Frames:
VARIA has highly-enhanced basic Sign Frames. All of hers are in Japanese, but they can be switched to different languages. Her Sign Frames are blueish-grey and shaped like two counter-rotating circles.
Custom Sign Frames:
- Kasoku: (加速 ;lit. Acceleration) VARIA's dash speed is increased by 3 x per Sign Frame. They appear behind her feet and her middle back when used. Every 4 in a stack means one post of recharge.
- Shīrudo: (シールド ;lit. Shield) VARIA creates shield-style Sign Frames. While each one is not strong (they can survive a highly above-average physical attack, Kidō 1-30, et cetera), they can be stacked. Going through a Sign Frame weakens the attack, eventually getting it to a blockable level. Every ten means another post of recharge.
- Modosu: (戻す ;lit. Return) VARIA creates mirror-style Sign Frames. While each one is not very strong (they can reflect an above-average physical attack, Kidō 1-20, et cetera), they can be stacked. Going through a sign frame weakens the attack, eventually getting it to a reflectable level. Every five means another post of recharge.
- Ekō: (エコー ;lit. Echo) VARIA can re-cast the last spell she used without a charge time. It is stackable to create up to five copies of the spell. The recharge time for another Ekō to be used is the recharge time for the spell.
VARIA has a few custom Sign Frames, but their appearance is different from her basic ones. These are electric blue, and they appear to be a square inside a circle.
Contract Sign Frames:
- Technique - Ether Liner: VARIA has a nigh-unlimited amount of reishi and reiatsu. This is because she is tied to the Acheron system. She can be cut off from it by using a concept-cutting technique.
- Technique - Asshukusuru: (圧縮する ;lit. Compress) VARIA can compress dirt, stone, wood, and etc. into an extremely durable and tightly-atomically-bonded shape. She normally makes them into swords that are telepathically controlled.
- Technique - Osae Ageru: (押上げる ;lit. Boost) VARIA summons Sign Frames on both sides of her knees, elbows, shoulders, feet, and waist. She also summons one on her back. This gives her triple her speed as normal. She can not use Yoroi while Osae Ageru is active. She can keep it up for three posts with a three post recharge period.
- Technique - Yoroi: (鎧 ;lit. Armor) VARIA summons enough Sign Frames to cover her body. She double-stacks them. The only area not protected with Sign Frames is the front of her face. They are the same strength as her Shīrudo Sign Frames. She can not use Osae Ageru while Yoroi is active. She can keep it up for three posts with a three post recharge period.
- Ability - Shinkirō: (蜃気楼 ;lit. Mirage) VARIA has a special variant of God Mosiac. She essentially digitalizes herself mid-God Mosiac. It's nigh-impossible to see her doing so. This allows for her to quickly change directions without putting too much strain on her body. Only those who are masters at digital techniques can harm her digitalized self. However, that only means she'll be cancelled out of her Shinkirō. She can do it once per two posts.
- Attack - Hōdan Shokku: (砲弾ショック ;lit. Shellshock) VARIA creates a Sign Frame in the palm of her hand. Upon coming in contact with something, the Sign Frame releases a highly-compressed shockwave that extends for a meter. Hōdan Shokku may be used once every two posts with a two post recharge.
- Attack - Chirasu: (散らす ;lit. Scatter) VARIA creates a Sign Frame in front of her. From it, sixteen beams of energy will spread out. They are each the power of a normal Cero of someone of her tier. They will then converge on the targeted area. Chirasu may be used once every two posts with a two post recharge.
- Attack - Kara: (殻 ;lit. Chaff) VARIA creates eight Sign Frames: two on each of her arms and two on each of her legs. While these are there, specialized chaff-style particles are released. Homing-style attacks will be useless, as they will be directed to the chaff and not VARIA. She can keep it active for four posts with a three-post recharge.
- Weapon - Yaiba: (刃 ;lit. Blade) VARIA uses a Sign Frame to create a sword of a metal-reishi fusion. This means that it doubles as a physical and non-physical weapon. It can be up to a meter long and six centimeters wide.
- Weapon - Yumi: (弓 ;lit. Bow) VARIA uses a Sign Frame to create a bow of a wood-reishi fusion. This means that it doubles as a physical and non-physical weapon. It can take the appearance of any non-custom bow shape. All of the arrows are a wood-metal-feather-reishi fusion as well. It functions the same as the bow it takes the shape of.
- Attack - Yachirasu: (矢散らす ;lit. Scattering Arrow) VARIA uses a set of Sign Frames instead of an arrow. After pulling back on the "arrow," VARIA will fire a total of 200 of her standard arrows. She can do it once per two posts.
- Weapon - Yari: (槍 ;lit. Spear) VARIA uses a Sign Frame to create a spear. The spear is a metal-reishi fusion. This means that it doubles as a physical and non-physical weapon. It is 2 meters long, 4 centimeters wide in radius.
- Attack - Nobiru: (伸びる ;lit. Extend) VARIA uses a Sign Frame halfway down the shaft of the spear. This will extend the spear's length in total double. Once per three post usage.
- Attack - Tsukisasu: (突き刺す ;lit. Pierce) VARIA uses a Sign Frame to increase her spear's piercing power by 1 x. It is stackable. Every four in a stack means a post of recharging.
- Weapon - Kusari: (鎖 ;lit. Chain) VARIA creates two Sign Frames that float behind her. Inside each is a spool of chain around .5 km long. VARIA will be able to grab onto the chains and use them as a weapon. The chain is a metal-reishi fusion. This means that it doubles as a physical and non-physical weapon
- Attack - Ikari: (いかり ;lit. Anchor) VARIA uses Sign Frames on the end of her chains to grab onto something with the same strength of a grip as she has. She can use it once on each chain per two posts.
- Weapon - Ono: (斧 ;lit. Axe) VARIA uses a Sign Frame to create an English War Axe. It is 1.7 meters long and 4cm wide in radius. It is made of a metal-wood-reishi fusion. This means it doubles as a physical and non-physical weapon.
VARIA has many different Contract Frames from KOS-MOS, but due to current restrictions on her programming, she can not access all of them. Most of them have a "Normal Drive" which is their normal abilities, but they also have a "Hyper Drive" which is the peak of its abilities. She has nine of them, called Logismoi Óplo (Λογισμοι όπλο (Greek), 大罪武装 (Japanese)). They are also more commonly called the Mortal Sin Armaments.
- Weapon - Pheugos Gastrimargia: (Φεύγεις Γαστριμαργία ;lit. Abandoning Gluttony)
- Weapon - Stithos Porneia: (Στήθος Πορνεία ;lit. Breast of Lustfulness)
Hyper Drive: Stithos Porneia is a staff-shaped Mortal Sin Armament (symbolizing Lust) that allows its user to disable any active ability and prohibit the usage of abilities within its range. This does not mean that suddenly all abilities are useless. Rather, it's only good against area-wide abilities. This means that abilities such as Reality Marbles, area-wide buffs, etc. are all useless for four posts. She may use it once per thread only.
- Weapon - Aspida Phylargia (Ασπίδα Φιλαργυρία ;lit. Shield of Avarice)
Hyper Drive: Aspida Phylargia is the Mortal Sin Armament that symbolizes the sin of avarice. It appears like a large shield with claws on one end. VARIA uses it to empower herself with additional reiatsu based on the pain she experiences, whether through physical wounds or mental anguish for three posts. She may use it once per thread.
- Weapon - Lypē Katathlipsē (Λύπη Κατάθλιψη ;lit. Sorrowful Idleness)
Normal Drive: Lypē Katathlipsē fires bullets that act much like Quincy Arrows in its Normal Drive, as it is a Gunblade.
Hyper Drive: Lypē Katathlipsē's Hyper Drive takes the form of a large artillery cannon. It takes a post to charge, but that charge is worth it. The cannon will then fire a small guided beam for one kilometer. Once it fires, a 10-meter-wide beam will fire from the barrel. The beam is capable of not just overpowering most Kidō, but it can destroy both tangible and intangible things in the area. It has a once-per-thread usage.
- Weapon - Maska Orgē (Μάσκα Οργή ;lit.Mask of Wrath)
- Weapon - Akēdia Katathlipsē (Ακηδία Κατάθλιψη ;lit. Uncaring Depression)
Hyper Drive: Akēdia Katathlipsē is the Mortal Sin Armament that symbolizes Dejection. It has the ability to bind certain parts of the body that the target dejects the most. Now, this is a hard concept to grasp. It is a mental weapon that can get into non-cyber brains rather easily. It does so with a gas much like Carbon Monoxide. Once in, Akēdia Katathlipsē targets the part of the body that the user dejects the most. This means that the part of the body that the person is most depressed about/hates the most is targeted. It is event-only with a once-per-thread usage.
- Weapon - Phos Kenodoxia (Φως Κενοδοξία ;lit. Light of Vanity)
- Weapon - Phos Hyperēphania (Φως Ὑπερηφανία ;lit. Light of Pride)
- Weapon - Ólos Phthonos (Όλος Φθόνος ;lit. Entirety of Yearning)
Past & Roleplay Sample
Character Background: VARIA was not born. She was created. She was never alive. She was never dead. She was designed to be the ultimate security. The ultimate bouncer for an entire realm. However, she has one thing... she has memories of before she was created. Somehow, there are memories of a time far past the time she was created. The scientists call it a glitch, but there are some spiritualists who call her a preincarnated guardian for someone who'd need it. She only goes by the scientist's view, but that's beside the point.
From the moment the Sugiura decided that security was needed, the project to design the two mechanical Sugiura was underway. VARIA was finally finished around 13,000 years ago, though she was finished before KOS-MOS by three months. The contract was already in place when VARIA awoke for the first time. She immediately knew about her Contracter, and vice-versa. She wasn't field tested for another 200 years, as they were still fine-tuning VARIA's basic systems.
VARIA underwent many tests. She went through tests about her durability, her hydraulic systems, and even a math test. She had a few bumps initially, where she went though many design changes. This came in the form of everything from her hair color to her "gender." It took a few thousand years to finally get her in an acceptable design. She has not been deployed yet, and so she simply patrols. It's not uncommon to see her around the streets at night.
General Speed: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Weapon Skill: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Martial Arts: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
God Mosaic: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Sign Frame Usage: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Sign Frame Manifestation: Master/Advanced/Adept/Beginner
Last edited by Tsubine on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Ye Olde Guarde
Joined : 2010-07-09
Posts : 3356
Karma : 33
Age : 23
Location : Soup
Joined : 2010-06-26
Posts : 1428
Karma : 16
Age : 25
Location : Existence
|Subject Post 3Subject: Re: Variable Assault Response Intelligent Automaton (V.A.R.I.A.) [APPROVED, 0-5, LINER] Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 am|| |
- Name [x]
- Appropriate Age [x]
- Gender [x]
- Appearance Present [x]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [x]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [x]
- 10 sentences for personality [x]
- History is of appropriate length [x]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [x]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [x]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [x]
- Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[x]
- RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [x]
- RP Sample is 10 sentences [o]
Everything appears to lbe good with dis app, therefore...Tier:
Joined : 2010-06-26
Posts : 1428
Karma : 16
Age : 25
Location : Existence
|Subject Post 4Subject: Re: Variable Assault Response Intelligent Automaton (V.A.R.I.A.) [APPROVED, 0-5, LINER] Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am|| |
- Willpower/Determination: Adept
- Mental Deduction: Master
- Pain Endurance: Master
- Focus: Master
Joined : 2011-05-31
Posts : 4233
Karma : 39
Age : 26
Location : in the woods
|Subject Post 5Subject: Re: Variable Assault Response Intelligent Automaton (V.A.R.I.A.) [APPROVED, 0-5, LINER] Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 am|| |
Cleaning this out! Feel free to pm me to move it back!Don't worry this isn't deleted! Your app is now in archives!