Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Playstation 4 & Xbox 1 Empty Playstation 4 & Xbox 1

Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:10 pm
I have been looking into the new systems, I gotta be honest the first time in my life. I am not like struck in awe by them and desiring them. The new systems seem, well ya know more money based then they do fan. I am not sure why they are doing this thing with them. I've heard that both systems are planning on using a system where internet is required, which is kind of bogus honestly. Most gamer's for the console systems are not really able to get on the net. So I am kind of wondering about that. But I don't really know to much about it, I don't mind hearing some other informed opinions on the subject.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Anonymous

Playstation 4 & Xbox 1 Empty Re: Playstation 4 & Xbox 1

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:28 pm
Xbox One Does Require Internet Connection, Can't Play Offline Forever
The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

In a Q&A on their press site for the new Xbox, Microsoft tackles the always-on question with a strangely-worded answer: "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

At the event in Redmond today, Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo asked Phil Harrison for clarification on this. And what Harrison told us might not please people who enjoy playing Xbox on military bases or other locations without Internet.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function," he said. "Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our Internet. That is to deliver Xbox Live functionality, that is to deliver download content to you, that is to deliver some of the innovations around TV and entertainment that we showed today. But it doesn’t require it to be online all the time."

So how often does it check your connection? "Depends on the experience," Harrison said.

"For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted. But the device is fundamentally designed to be expanded and extended by the Internet as many devices are today."

And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

So the system is built to work even if your Internet connection goes down, but you still have to be connected at least once a day to use it, according to Harrison. We're not sure exactly what would happen if you don't connect once per day—and that timeframe could change—but this doesn't sound good for anyone who was hoping to use Xbox One without an Internet connection.

Update: Sounds like things are a mess over at Microsoft. Now they're telling Polygon that Harrison's comments illustrate a "potential scenario."

"While Phil [Harrison] discussed many potential scenarios around games on Xbox One, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," a Microsoft rep said. "There have been reports of a specific time period — those were discussions of potential scenarios, but we have not confirmed any details today, nor will we be."

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Kakeru
Kakeru
Nise no Eiyū
ZX's OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Playstation 4 & Xbox 1 Left_bar_bleue8700/99999Playstation 4 & Xbox 1 Empty_bar_bleue  (8700/99999)
Tiers:

Playstation 4 & Xbox 1 Empty Re: Playstation 4 & Xbox 1

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:28 pm
PS4 all Day err' day Just sayin' I'm Likin' what Sony's been puttin' down lately.

Playstation 4 & Xbox 1 GFHHFG_zpsj1vrrfxz

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum