|We have 2687 registered users|
The newest registered user is Hatorifangirl
Our users have posted a total of 129932 messages in 19763 subjects
Rachel Inverse Dare, formerly Rachel Dare [revamp, ziamichi, 0-5+]
Joined : 2011-01-07
Posts : 1332
Karma : 10
Location : Corruption CIty
|Subject Post 1Subject: Rachel Inverse Dare, formerly Rachel Dare [revamp, ziamichi, 0-5+] Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:55 am|| |
The Spiritual Human Template
• Name: Rachel Inverse Dare
• Titles: The gate of dreams
• Age: 18
• Gender: female
• Affiliation/Rank: Yayjuu
• Appearance Picture:
- Child Like: Due to her connection with the plane of dreams and the fact that she lives within a dream, Rachel retains a child like persona, always playing with imaginary friends and acting much like a child would. Her curiosity never seems to die down, and she can easily be sidetracked due to having a low attention span.
- Energetic: Rachel has an enormous amount of energy, even for someone with a young body like hers. She seems to never tire out, always on the move. She has no trouble running for long periods of time, and it is rare to even see her need to catch her breath.
- Piggy back ride addiction: Yes, by some strange force, Rachel is actually addicted to piggy back rides. Just like with a drug addict, if she doesn't get her fix, she will go in to withdrawal, causing her to become violent and oppressive. Once given a piggy back ride, she will return to her normal energetic, childish self.
- Cat like tendencies: Rachel has started to exhibit some cat like actions and communications since her change in appearance. She sometimes mewls, purrs, or hisses when talking with others. While these tendencies are extremely weak at this point, they seem to be slowly becoming more a part of her normal habits.
Natural Attributes & Supernatural Powers
• Natural Attributes:
Unnatural energy signature: To those who can sense energy, Rachel's energy feels extremely unnatural, they can innately understand that her energy is not of this realm.
Eternally young, and Semi-Immortal: Rachel has not aged a day since the day she came in to existence, and she will never end up aging so long as she lives. She will live forever unless killed by unnatural means, her body being eternally young. The lack of aging is due to how she came to exist. The energy that gave birth to her was enough to force a plane of existence out of its normal place in the planescape, and it will forever sustain her at this age.
Well trained in martial arts: Rachel has been trained well in martial arts, and has about the same skill as someone who has been practicing for five years.
Stormreaver Inheritance: Rachel was "born" when Quor Tarai channeled the Stormreaver's magic in to a dream. This impacted Rachel, leaving an imprint of the Stormreaver's abilities upon her soul. The Stormreaver's abilities are based off of the storms, and so too does Rachel.
• Pure Abilities:
Lightning Feet: This is her equivalent to the shinigami flash step, she charges the soles of her shoes or feet with electricity, allowing her to move at flash step speeds for a short while. This causes a crackling, sizzling sound as she moves, the lightning interacting with the air next to it as she moves. She uses her Power Control skill in order to indicate how proficient she is in this maneuver, like a shinigami would use the hoho skill to determine their abilities with flash step.
Electric aura: When Rachel is not actively supressing this ability, her body is surrounded by a small aura of electricity, crackling around her dangerously. The more energy she has, the thicker this aura will be, from an inch or two at full capacity to barely there if she is completely and utterly worn out.
Electricity manipulation: In this form Rachel can manipulate electricity as if it were just another limb on her body. If she attempts to manipulate electricity caused by an enemy's technique, she will only gain control of their electricity if her control skill (Power Control) is greater then their control skill. However, if her control skill is equal to her opponents control skill, if her and her opponents tier are within 1 major rank of each other (a 1-1 is within a major rank of a 0-2 to a 1-5), then the technique stops, frozen in its current state until one of them decides to give up their attempt to control it. Otherwise, the one with a higher tier takes control of the technique, though they will find that there is some resistance, making them clumsy with it.
• Sacred Release Appearance:
When Rachel unleashes her ascended sacred state, the electrical aura that surrounds her in her sacred state courses down in to her dominant hand, forming in to a large, two handed European blade. The blade crackles with stored electricity and sonic power, as if waiting to lash out at the closest one to her.
• Sacred Release Powers:
Sonic Resistance: Rachel has complete immunity to any of her own sound based attacks, and due to her own sonic powers insulating her ears from otherwise dangerous sounds, she ignores 50% of all sonic based attacks.
Sonic Slash: Using this technique, Rachel lets loose a blast of thunderous sound as she slashes her blade towards her opponent. The sound is extremely powerful, measuring 100 decibels at its lowest. With each usage of this technique, the power increases by 10 decibels, but it decreases by 10 decibels at the end of each of Rachel’s posts, to a minimum of the base 100 decibels. Rachel can only use this technique 3 times per post.
Electric lash Once per post, Rachel’s sword will lash out with electricity at Rachel or the person nearest to her. If it lashes out at Rachel, she is unharmed because she simply absorbs the bolt of electricity. However, to others the bolt would be extremely dangerous, possibly deadly, if they did not have a defense mechanism of their own to save them.
Thunderstorm: Rachel can, at will, summon a dark cloud filled with electricity over a target’s head, that persists for 4 of Rachel’s posts. At the beginning of each of Rachel’s posts, the cloud sends down a thundering bolt of electricity towards the person in an attempt to cause great harm to their body. While one can attempt to evade the cloud and the bolts by moving around, the cloud will chase after the target while it persists and has a speed equal to the shunpo of a 0-5 shinigami with advance in both general speed and shunpo. This ability has an initial cooldown of 4 posting rounds. After using this ability twice in a thread the cooldown is reduced to 3 posting rounds, using it 4 more times will reduce it to 2 posting rounds, and using it an additional 4 times with reduce the cooldown to 1 posting round (aka, once per post). The cooldown returns to its initial cooldown if this ability is not used again after a period equal to double the current cooldown time.
Ascended Sacred State
•Ascended Sacred State Appearance: (Describe what your human looks like when they release their spiritual power. This is essentially equivalent to a Shinigami's Bankai.)
• Ascended Sacred State Powers: (Does your human get any additional powers from this transformation? For instance, if you had the power to control Fire in your base, could you control heat and magma in this state? Or would you gain something else?)
Dream Energy: Unlike when she was split in to Inverse and Rachel, Rachel Inverse has her own dream energy which her body produces. Dream energy is an energy that responds to ones imagination, reacting and recreating that which one imagines. Because of this, it can create something that ignores the laws of this realm if one would imagine something that would. However, dream energy is not unlimited. The realm itself rejects it, due to the nature of dream energy, and this means it is far harder to do something through dream energy then through a spiritual ability (so making lightning through dream energy is far harder for her then through her own electricity manipulation. Depending upon the complexity, once can spend between 3 to 10 times as much energy using dream energy then if they simply had a spiritual ability to do the same thing. In addition, if one was to create an item out of dream energy, one would have to constantly pour more dream energy in to it in order to keep it in existence, causing the item to create a great drain on her dream energy.
Dream hallucinations: After combining with Inverse, Rachel can no longer truly stop dreaming. Now, she is always dreaming and awake at the same time, causing her dream to be incorporated upon reality within her conscious. Thus, she forms hallucinations in her mind of those things within her dream, and she cannot tell the difference between her hallucinations and what is real at all. To those who do not truly know her, she would probably appear to be quite mentally ill, as she often talks and interacts with her hallucinations as she is unable to distinguish them from reality.
Dream Arcs: Rachel gains two new forms from her dream based powers, known as Dream Arc Stage One and Dream Arc Stage Two. These states are comparable to a vizard's mask and resserecion, and follow all the same rules as those forms (such as how long they can be used for and such). At this point in time, Rachel does not have access to either form.
• Dream Arc Stage One Description:
• Dream Arc Stage One Powers: (Does your human get any additional powers from this transformation? For instance, if you had the power to control Fire in your base, could you control heat and magma in this state? Or would you gain something else?)
• Dream Arc Stage Two Description:
• Dream Arc Stage Two Powers: (Does your human get any additional powers from this transformation? For instance, if you had the power to control Fire in your base, could you control heat and magma in this state? Or would you gain something else?)
• Background: Approximately 500,000 years ago, in a corner of the universe millions of light-years away, the Quori born on the plane of dreams invaded a small planet, intent on stopping all change. However, this was a planet ruled by dragons and a giant empire, and combining their knowledge and an ancient device, the king of the the giant empire, the stormreaver, managed to push the plane of dreams away from our plane, the material plane, making it impossible to open up portals to it, or otherwise travel there except during dreams.
Now, naturally Quor Tarai, the spirit of the plane of dreams, did not take kindly to this action. On the other hand Quor Tarai knew better then to act at that time, waiting for the giant magic and the emotions to calm down on both sides. However, the Quori were not going to wait, and they started moving on their own. By manipulating beings of this worlds dreams, they managed to get them to breed a being that the Quori could then inhabit despite the giant's magic. As the actions of the Quori forcefully pulled closer to the material plane, the giant's spell started to put pressure on the dimension. This caused pain to Quor Tarai, the same as if a human was slowly being crushed between to walls of steel.
Luckily for Quor Tarai, the Quori were defeated, their scheme figured out, and stopped. Once again was pushed away, the pain fading from Quor Tarai as the magic pushed it back to where it had been before. As the years went by while Quor Tarai waited for the giant's spell to fade, it changed how it dealt with it's realm. Taking a more active role in what went on, Quor Tarai made sure to get rid of any remaining Quori who might attempt another act like had happened with those before. While Quor Tarai waited it plotted, figuring out how it would draw itself back in to its original spot in the planescape.
Eventually, the giant magic had faded enough to put Quor Tarai's plan in to action. Using the power of dreams, Quor Tarai pulled the giant energy in to itself, focusing it in to one dream in particular, a human on earth that was dreaming about her 12 year old daughter. Preserving this dream, Quor Tarai focused the energy from the giant magic in to this dream. For a hundred years this continued, until the finally drop of energy went in to the dream, causing the dream to manifest within our realm. The resulting girl born of this fusion was a gateway between their two planes of existence, and Quor Tarai tried to nurture her appropriately.
It was 18 years ago when she appeared on this planet with nothing but the clothes on her back. No history, no name, no parents, as if she had just appeared out of thin air. Despite her unusual circumstances she was taken in by an orphanage in the town she had been found in, a bustling area called karakura town. It was here that she would spend the first fifteen years of her life, playing with the other kids, doing chores, and going to school. However, nobody could fail to notice that she didn't age one day in all these years. She was sent to many doctors, one after the other, but none could figure out a reason why she didn't age. After five doctors tried and failed the orphanage gave up, resigned to the fact that she would age. She did learn slower than others, she successfully completed about half a year worth of school work during a normal semester while at the orphanage.
In her fifteenth year a family came to visit the orphanage. They were no ordinary family though, they had strong spiritual powers within them, and they adopted Rachel, curious about the unnatural energy they had felt about her. In her new home thing were much nicer, and even though they had started to train her in martial arts and to utilize her powers, her learning sped up. After two and a half years though, she found out that they only wanted her to in order to kill a very influential man at the time. Furious from their betrayal, she killed them and left. Wandering around karakura city, she took what she wanted and stole food to get through her life. Eventually though, she was found by a man know as James Raven. Despite what she had done, James decided to take her in and help her, and with him she made a couple friends.
After a couple months she was contacted by the yayjuu and told that they would like to help her, that they were an organization for people like her. Curious, Rachel had taken up there offer and gone to join them. She has yet to have the option of telling James Raven, who she sees as a father to her. Most recently, during her meeting with Schrodinger Yuudeshi, her form changed and she awakened her other half, Inverse.
Many months after her meeting with Schrodinger, Inverse told Rachel the truth. They were two halves, meant to be a single individual. However, when they were originally created, the plane of dreams was too far away from the living realm to send the whole of them to it. Due to this, Inverse was split off from Rachel and a ritual made to bind the two together. That day the ritual was activated, and Rachel Inverse Dare was born. The half dream half human who now calls the yayjuu home. After the fusion, she had little to no control over her own powers, and is in need of some serious help to make it through her current predicament.
See Skill Sheet for More Information
- Durability: Adept
- General Speed: Advanced
- Strength: Advanced
- Weapon Skill: Beginner
Human Reiatsu Sheet
- Power Control: Adept
- Energy Usage/Regeneration: Advanced
- Energy Resistance/Endurance: Adept
- Physical Augmentation: Beginner
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Beginner
- Pain Endurance: Adept
- Focus: Advanced
• Roleplay Sample: (Please create a sample of how you role play in this section by either creating a RP sample with this character OR pasting something you have written in the past. If you have already made an accepted character, you need not go through this)
__________________"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.""Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"
Last edited by tina on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Joined : 2011-08-07
Posts : 1757
Karma : 11
Age : 24
Location : Cookie Jar
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Rachel Inverse Dare, formerly Rachel Dare [revamp, ziamichi, 0-5+] Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:15 am|| |
Considering that it is done after asking tina about it, i am moving this to the unchecked section to await for approval/check.
Joined : 2012-05-29
Posts : 3346
Karma : 23
Age : 29
|Subject Post 3Subject: Re: Rachel Inverse Dare, formerly Rachel Dare [revamp, ziamichi, 0-5+] Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:03 pm|| |
Let's get down to business
- Name [X]
- Appropriate Age [X]
- Gender [X]
- Appearance Present [X]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
- 10 sentences for personality [X]
- History is of appropriate length [X]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
- Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
- RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
- RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Beginner
- Pain Endurance: Adept
- Focus: Advanced
Comments/Notes: The other sheet will remain as it was left by the previous grading.
God of Love
Joined : 2017-05-11
Posts : 571
Karma : 10
Location : Not the beach :(
|Subject Post 4Subject: Re: Rachel Inverse Dare, formerly Rachel Dare [revamp, ziamichi, 0-5+] Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:09 pm|| |
[mod]Archiving for inactivity. Contact staff for unarchival.[/mod]
|Subject Post 5Subject: Re: Rachel Inverse Dare, formerly Rachel Dare [revamp, ziamichi, 0-5+] || |
|Top posting users this week|
|Top posting users this month|
The link to our affiliate page is on our button below.
Our affiliates bar is always open!