Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Pockeh
Pockeh
Metal as Fuck

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Bond of Leadership [Private] Left_bar_bleue44400/999999A Bond of Leadership [Private] Empty_bar_bleue  (44400/999999)
Tiers:

A Bond of Leadership [Private] Empty A Bond of Leadership [Private]

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:06 am

It was an odd time, indeed. Or at least, there had to be SOME sort of abnormality amongst the stars on this day. For THIS much paperwork to come through the wire to be completed? And it had to be immediate? It had been a very long time since circumstance had led for such an occurrence to be necessary. In fact, there wasn't a time in recent memory when this much paperwork had NEEDED to be done. However, there was obviously some type of shortage on this day in particular, so the immense stack of papers had been sent.

A few captains had probably finished it all right away. However, those captains were probably not passed out face-down in their quarters, surrounded by paperwork and half-eaten food. Those captains were probably not in a room so dark that it was impossible to discern whether it was night or day. Those captains probably had probably gotten some form of sleep over the past few days, enough to allow for cognitive thinking and quick response times.

Takaoni.. was not those captains.

It would have been an absurd site for anyone who practiced the sort of composure and class that the title "Captain" or "Taicho" would imply. One would walk in and see a tall, lean man bent over his own lap, his thin legs crossed in the typical meditative sitting position, his face on a small, oak-made lap desk, on top of a paper with a half-written signature just under his sharp chin. In one hand, the observer would find a quill, the tip pointed inward, presumably used to make the half-signature. In the other hand, one would find a pair of chopsticks, bits of rice stuck to the ends. It was obvious this man had simply been too tired to stay conscious. However, this coma-like state couldn't last for long, as the hell butterfly entering his quarters and landing on his shoulder was just enough to rouse the light sleeper from his seemingly impenetrable slumber. The message was clear. Get the goddamn paperwork done.

This seemed odd. It was rare that a captain was called out directly like that. It was even more strange that a large NUMBER of captains were seemingly being called out in the same manner. Takaoni slowly raised himself into the upright position, feeling the vertebrae of his spine crack and pop in gratitude for being returned to their rightful places. With a groan of displeasure and irritation, Takaoni stood, a seemingly endless torrent of thoughts and processes ran through his busy head as he made sure to stretch himself out, not wanting to really do this anymore and deciding that this was as good a time as any for a break.

Stretch skyward, so that you may better achieve what you most desire in life.
What was the purpose of the paperwork? How many captains would truly finish? Did this include active captains as well? Lieutenants?
Stretch toward the earth, so that you may better remember your roots, and never forget how far you've traveled to reach where you already are.
Would he even have any relevant information for this shit? It seemed as if his job had been mostly paperwork recently.. it had become difficult to discern one day from the next.. an endless string of jobs and tasks, menial and seemingly unfitting for a captain. Still, it was better than the fighting. War was hell, Takaoni knew this better than most.
And finally, stretch outward, so that you may better embrace the things to come. Whether they be stepping stones toward your progression, or obstacles meant to question whether you are truly fighting for anything at all.

With these thoughts in mind and his body limber, his stiffness from sleep now abated, Takaoni picked up his wrinkled captain's haori off of the floor next to where he had fallen prey to his weary eyes. Slipping it on his person, Takaoni slid the door to his quarters open, slowly. He almost cringed, the light was hard to bear after how long he had spent in the darkness. Still, it was necessary. Running a hand through his messy black hair, Takaoni set out, his sandals hitting the ground with audible thumps as he made his way toward the training grounds. He knew not what awaited him, but he knew there was a shady spot he absolutely adored, and he knew it had his name on it at the moment.

He smiled and waved at those who passed who knew him. Some, he had known only briefly, from encounters or errands. Others, he had known since he was but an unseated member of the fifth division. People who had watched his progression over the decades he had put into the soul society, and her interests. It had been a long, hard climb, full of obstacles both typical and atypical to the sort of ascension he attempted. But here he was, standing as near the top as he figured he would ever reach.. and the view was magnificent.

This outlook in mind, Takaoni strode briskly into the training grounds outside their compound. His eyes were at half-lid from the tired feeling that seemed to follow him wherever he went. Meandering into the grass, he slowly slid himself down the trunk of his favorite tree, leaning himself back against it and folding his hands in his lap, his eyes lifting skyward before closing slowly as he relaxed entirely. Why would he ever choose paperwork over this? It was inconceivable..

Coding in template and Graphics By: [THEFROST] & Kylekaotikk
Header & Template By: Sou Yuuki

I envy because of the heart.
I glutton because of the heart.
I covet because of the heart.
I am prideful because of the heart.
I sloth because of the heart.
I rage because of the heart.
Because of the heart...
I lust for everything about you.

------------------------------------
We Are Legion
Character Permissions
Communication Thread
Character Substitutions
Starchyu
Starchyu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Bond of Leadership [Private] Left_bar_bleue3000/99999A Bond of Leadership [Private] Empty_bar_bleue  (3000/99999)
Tiers:
http://starchyu.tumblr.com

A Bond of Leadership [Private] Empty Re: A Bond of Leadership [Private]

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:57 am

Takaoni cherished rare moments of relaxation in the chaos that was daily life within the Soul Society. The mountains of paperwork were one thing, but it seemed as if the Thirteen Court Guard Squads had become a variable hotspot for antagonistic activity recently. Between the demon attack, the destruction everywhere, and the injuries sustained by the Captain Commander, hopeful moments were few and far between as of recent.

It was mainly for this reason that Takaoni appeared to be as lazy as he was. He enjoyed the little things, and taking relaxation where he could find it was most certainly one of the things he enjoyed above all. His apathy toward most grunt work was as deceiving as one might think of any powerful figure who also happened to be lazy. In truth, Takaoni was a fierce combatant, someone with intelligence and speed to match their raw power in spades. It wasn't that he was useless at his position, he just didn't see the point in adopting an "all work" mindset. He enjoyed a little play now and again. And why not? If he didn't take out some time for himself once in a while, he'd go mad.

That was one of the reasons he was so fond of the fact that his lieutenant and him were so close. It allowed him someone to vent to, someone to share with, someone who didn't mind how much he hated his job sometimes. Hell, it allowed him a chance to break free of his responsibility for a little while and just be himself, something that became exceedingly rare in his line of work, especially in war times. It was an anomaly for true "peace" to be felt. Takaoni became exceedingly grateful with each passing calamity for these moments of peace, as even something as simple as relaxing beneath a tree could truly be a blessing when the world was going absolutely mad around you and when people seemed to be dropping like flies left and right because of the various spats around the known worlds.

Musings like this often invaded Takaoni's head, but even moreso when he idled and actually got the chance to feel relaxation. It was ironic, perhaps, that it was in moments of calm that he felt the most anxious about losing his moments of calm. However, when the chips were down, he could always count on those closest to him to bring him right back to a state of bliss, and this time was no exception. Just as he felt his anxiety over the recent events beginning to spike, he heard an all-too familiar voice. A soft smile spread across his sharp features as he lowered his head from his skyward gaze, deep blue eyes looking affectionately at the newcomer to his personal piece of serenity in this corner of the grounds as he folded his hands under him, using them to help lift himself up as he stood, stepping closer to his lieutenant and bowing his head to her politely as he tucked his hands into the pockets of his captain's haori.

"Well hello there, Yuko-fukutaicho. It's a pleasure seeing you here today. I didn't expect for you to drop in, but I am very pleased that you did." His head inclined slightly to the right at her question, his shoulders lifting in a brief shrug before one hand lifted from inside his pocket, rubbing at the back of his neck. "To be completely honest... I'm avoiding paperwork like the plague.. I need to finish it at some point but I needed a break something awful." He let out a low chuckle, returning his hand to his pocket as he looked at her, taking in her soft features and warm presence as the gift that they were to his psyche in times like this.

"How about you? What brings you out to the training grounds on such a beautiful day as today?"

Coding in template and Graphics By: [THEFROST] & Kylekaotikk
Header & Template By: Sou Yuuki

I envy because of the heart.
I glutton because of the heart.
I covet because of the heart.
I am prideful because of the heart.
I sloth because of the heart.
I rage because of the heart.
Because of the heart...
I lust for everything about you.

------------------------------------
We Are Legion
Character Permissions
Communication Thread
Character Substitutions
Starchyu
Starchyu
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Bond of Leadership [Private] Left_bar_bleue3000/99999A Bond of Leadership [Private] Empty_bar_bleue  (3000/99999)
Tiers:
http://starchyu.tumblr.com

A Bond of Leadership [Private] Empty Re: A Bond of Leadership [Private]

Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:42 am
Octohonk wrote: