Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting!

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:06 am

Artist: N/A - Song: RPG Town Music - Word Count: 959

She had at least stopped crying and for Steiner that was a huge victory in itself. He couldn't stand watching young ladies cry or have to deal with such great sadness that they couldn't even act. It was just part of who he was that he of course apologized for making her cry, it was a code of honor, and a source of his integrity that he would not allow himself to make another sad for what he did. It just wasn't in him to do such things. So, as she began to turn her tears to crystal, Steiner became mesmerized by the act of the forming of this bluish crystal she was making out of the tears she had shed only moments ago. The blue sapphire reminded him of the Iramasha Gem that he had obtained from Cirno that hung around his neck and tucked behind his undershirt as to avoid unsavory sorts from looking to steal the only precious treasure he had left.

She reached out and grabbed his hands to place the sapphire within the confines of his palm. For a few seconds, Steiner stared at this wonderful sapphire, and wondered with great fascination how she had even managed to turn her tears into such a precious thing. She would close his hand around the gem and for a few seconds he would just feel the warmth of her touch and the warmth of the gem in his hand. He flustered a bit, but recovered rather rapidly as he felt every inch of the gem with his index finger while his hand was closed. "I will treasure this and remember my promise, always. I will do whatever it takes to insure that no matter what happens that your vision of the future is realized.", Steiner proclaimed with a large grin on his face he continued to hold the warm stone in his palm for a little while longer.

"I feel like we've been talking about me quite a bit, but if you want to know more it probably would be better to start with names, right?", Steiner asked as he let out a small laugh at the realization that not once had the two of them exchanged personal information. Well, except for the fact that Steiner had basically spilled the beans on one of his biggest traumatic experiences in his life to a total stranger, and a surrounding group of people. He needed to remind himself to be more cautious of doing such things in the near future, though he doubted much hard would come from her gaining some understanding of what he stood for. After all, if they were going to work together they needed to know one another. "My name is Steiner Franz...I'm sure you could look up my profile from when I was a member of the Vanguard with that name alone, but it would be better if I told you a bit about myself from my own mouth. Right?", Steiner asked as his grin continued to play on his face.

They began to walk down the streets of Vastime which were confusing to people who had never been there or hadn't been there long enough to really get the lay of the land. However, for Steiner it was quite easy for him to mull his way around the streets as he had memorized the fastest routes back to his campsite, and the fastest routes that would take him to local eateries or book stores. In essence, Steiner had mastered the roads of Vastime, and he showed his knowledge by leading her to Mirja's cafe. Along the way, Steiner would point out his favorite stores, most of them being bookstores, but a few were fashion stores or places where one can buy good cologne. Steiner after all, did take good care of himself hygienically, and though he didn't wear the fanciest of clothes, sometimes he did find himself browsing for new apparel to wear when his old ones could no longer be sewn together.

It didn't take long for the two of them to reach the Wolf's cafe where he had first began his adventure here and Steiner turned to Chifuyu as she talked about how she had met some weird wolf person when she had came here before. "So you met Mirja? Yeah, she was the first real person I met here in Vastime, and she was also somebody that agreed to teach me a few things so that I could better protect people. She is also quite the trip...I don't really know how to judge her to be honest. With a person like Cirno it was easy to judge her, she was just an absolutely good person. As for Mirja, she is just extremely random, and I worry that one day she will tire of me and leave me behind.", Steiner said with a weak smile as he reached out to open the door for Chifuyu to enter, however as he went to open the door he found the door would not budge. Apparently Mirja was out at that moment and had closed up shop for the day to insure that no one would come and vandalize her store.

"I suppose we could go somewhere else or we could head back to where I camp out right now and I could make us something to eat? And don't even think about paying for anything, regardless of how much money you have or not, I am going to be paying for the meal. Consider it part of my penance for making you cry, alright?", Steiner said as he began to rub his chin to gather his thoughts as to where they could go to eat now that Mirja's cafe wasn't an option.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 OlBPPj4
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 VewULRr
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 AQodtc6
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting!

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 pm
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 665

The girl's eyes watched Steiner as he handled the blue sapphire, pretty boring in her opinion at the moment it was merely a gemstone that had no purpose or power. She deduced it must've been sentiment that he felt towards it. Possibly amazed that she could form crystals like that, in all honesty though she could turn just about anything that was mass into crystal if she had enough energy for the conversion. Nevertheless the teenager was not going to spoil his moment of wonderment.

When he finally came to from this trace of his and smiled at her awkwardly, she was confused about why that reaction had occurred. What came to mind, what was the stigma for such a change? At the mention of the fact they hadn't introduced themselves yet she focused for a moment before realising that they had indeed not introduced themselves to each other. With Steiner going first Chifuyu analysed the situation and realised just how one-sided it really was. He was doing all the talking, she should be at least putting in the effort to talk to him as well.

"That would be nice, My name is Chifuyu Yuudeshi. I'm the Shadow under Hayden for the Vanguard, formerly Azure's."

When they arrived and Steiner tried the door it became apparent that the door was locked, the Yuudeshi actually thought about how to handle this situation and considered breaking down the door.. but this wasn't a situation where they really needed to get in there. Instead she'd turn to him and shake her head.

"Sounds far away and I can deal without food at the moment. We can go to where I am staying at the moment if you want? It's not far or at least it shouldn't since I passed a reference point before meaning we're close. I'm sure there's food there as well if we get hungry although it's not the most flamboyant living area."

If Steiner had no objections she'd take the lead, doubling back to find the reference point of a small store and then coordinating herself to head the right way until they finally arrived at a small apartment block, you'd think that a Yuudeshi, especially Shadin's daughter wouldn't be staying in such a standard living space but Chifuyu wasn't like most other people in that respect.

She headed in and lead Steiner up the stairs until she waited for him to go inside, once there the Yuudeshi would sit down on her bed where Steiner could sit next to her or on one of the two chairs near the small table to make himself comfortable for the duration of their conversation.

"So I feel it's my turn to tell my story. As I told you just before my name is Chifuyu Yuudeshi, I'm a daughter of Shadin. I was a gifted person with quite the intelligence for my age and found it hard to interact with most people who tended to have an IQ under 180 which was a little frustrating for me. I became an inventor, a scientist and spent most of my time in Research and Development. Early last year Azure approached me and requested I become his student, so I did, I was getting schooled in how to operate the Vanguard in the event of his demise. When he died there was a debate and confusion, I was over-looked for the position since I had only been with Azure for a few months and Hayden was promoted to the leadership position. Now I am his student."

Quite a lot of information for Steiner to process but in the end it was the basis of her life, ignoring some of the details which she couldn't disclose or didn't want to about her life but still being substantial for him to get a good bit of information on her.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
[/quote]

Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Gamma_Signature
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTEarly Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADEarly Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 am

Artist: Soundmopi - Song: Return of the Hero - Word Count: 959

"Nice to meet you, Chifuyu...wait...Chifuyu Yuudeshi!? You're a Yuudeshi!", Steiner said in exclamation as he stared at Chifuyu for a few awkward seconds in surprise. He had no idea that Chifuyu was from a prominent family like the Yuudeshi's, everyone knew of them, and their contributions to humanity's future was unrivaled among most of the more commonly known high ranking families in the world. He was stunned for a few more seconds before shaking his head to clear it of his thoughts and then let out a sigh of contentment. It wasn't like he wasn't going to meet important people from time to time and he needed to get used to that fact especially if he wanted to be an influential person when it came to humanity's future. He straightened his jacket and turned to look at the young lady before him. It really didn't matter who she was or who she was related to either, she was a nice person, and was working hard to do her job as effectively as she could without stepping on any toes. He admired that, so it really didn't matter to him that she was a Yuudeshi, and it much more mattered to him that she was doing everything she could to make the world a better place.

"Sorry about that, your family is extremely prominent, but I suppose something like that doesn't matter. You work hard within the ranks of the Vanguard and you deserve accolades that aren't associated with your family and more with yourself. I was just shocked for a moment that I was in the presence of what some might call "royalty". I've never met a Yuudeshi either...what is it like being one?", Steiner was trying his best to hide his excitement at meeting someone of such high rank and file, but it was easily overwhelmingly obvious that it was exciting to meet someone like her. But that wasn't just because the young lady was a Yuudeshi, there was more to it than that. She could have done anything she wanted to do in her life, she had the privilege, and the status to do as such. But she chose the Vanguard, at least to his knowledge, and had clearly worked hard to get to her position within the organization. He respected that because much like him, she had chose to walk the line of heroism, and work to better the people instead of sitting at home using her past as a crutch to get what she wanted.

"I didn't think I could have respected you anymore than I already do. You could have done anything, but you chose to walk this path... I'm even more proud to be working with you.", Steiner said before she began to speak about distances and not being really that hungry in the first place. Steiner nodded his head in agreement, he wasn't really hungry himself as he had breakfast before his little venture to the library, and he didn't say a word as he followed the young lady to what she considered to be a not so "flamboyant" living area. Upon arrival, Steiner would see a quaint apartment complex, and nodded his head as he saw similarities to how he had lived before he had left the Vanguard. After all living in the woods while being a member of a prestigious organization would only make the organization look bad, so he had rented an apartment to make sure to keep their appearance up. "It doesn't look too bad here. I would live here.", Steiner said absentmindedly to Chifuyu as he followed her up a nearby stair well to head up to her room.

When he entered her room, he took a moment to take in the modest, yet respectable room that Chifuyu had chosen for herself before taking a seat next to her on the bed. He listened to Chif's tale as she relayed everything that she probably thought had meaning to her and Steiner, much like he had been known to do, listened without so much as a peep. He wanted to absorb as much information as he could and upon the realization that Chifuyu had been swindled out of leading the Vanguard, Steiner let out a disappointed groan. He had left the Vanguard before the change in leadership had occurred, he had never liked Hayden due to his combat first mentality, and knew that his leadership of the Vanguard probably mirrored the leadership being shown here in Vastime. Sure the Vanguard's military might may have expanded, but the moral compass that embodied the ideals of the Vanguard had been compromised by his leadership.

"Not much you can learn from a guy with the brain the size of a pea or as wound up as tightly coiled spring. The guy is bad news bears for the Vanguard...if you will pardon me for speaking openly of course. The Vanguard needs leadership that protects people and it also needs focused leadership as well...Hayden can't lead two organizations and to be honest it is clear which one he prefers if you look at how much time he spends here and not in HQ.", Steiner said speaking freely to his new boss with confidence and simply stating what he believed to be fact. Hayden to him was just a solider, he had no heroic ambitions, and was just playing general while the world went to shit. The people needed someone to step forward and protect them and Hayden for all that he was, was not that guy. Chifuyu on the other hand. "If you were to become the leader of the Vanguard that might not be so bad... just putting it out there.", Steiner said casually as he smiled while looking at the floor.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:46 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 522

Oh dear god. The moment she saw his response she knew. He was one of those people. She sighed and guessed that this was going to be one of those conversations where someone asked her the same dumb questions that other people asked like: "Oh my god. What's it like being related to Shadin?" "Oh my is it true that you have enough resources to sustain all the realms and then have more leftover." or the real one that people with guts would ask would be the: "How many women has Shadin slept with?"

People asked the most annoying and prying questions into the Yuudeshi Family's business. Honestly they needed to piss off. Luckily Steiner seemed to have realised that mistake quickly enough to avert the threat of the mouthful of angry thoughts she was ready to spit at him if he did. She hated being held up on a pedestal just because of her lineage as a Yuudeshi. It was complete idiocy to judge people on reputation and things like bloodlines, what was this? The middle ages?

"Being a Yuudeshi is no different than being any other person. Please don't put elevate my family as some sort of royal group of gods. It is stupid to think that we are royalty, if anything there is nothing royal about us."

That was all Chifuyu was going to give him, not a chance in hell was he getting anything more from her about that stupid subject. So moving on, hopefully to somewhere that didn't involve a person being judged by their family. She smiled as he said he couldn't respect her more although didn't say anything. She didn't really like reputations regarding her. Not that they bothered her but she just didn't care much for them.

When they finally got into their apartment she explained herself and her story, gauging that Steiner was not pleased when he heard Hayden had taken the role of Vanguard Leader she wondered if that was bad. Maybe she had started a topic that shouldn't have been had. Surely enough as she finished he piped up and suggested, passively, that she should replace Hayden. The young man would get a confused gaze, contemplating if he was talking about a coup d'tat or just suggesting the leadership be reconsidered.

He can't actually be suggesting can he? Please tell me he's not.. c'mon Steiner. I am not going to overthrow Hayden.

Thoughts running through her head she eased her mind towards a new topic, one that was more comfortable.

"Well Hayden did bring something we needed at the time which was defence and stability after the Moon Base was destroyed. So even though he may be less of a leader than Azure he still brings benefits I will admit though that the dual-leadership makes sense. When he is leading Vastime who's to say he won't borrow Vanguard resources and leave the organisation exposed. Nevertheless I am not going to rally and demand that, I don't care about the power."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Gamma on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Artist: N/A- Song: N/A - Word Count: 997

"Sorry its just the first time I've met someone with a prominent family is all. I didn't mean to weird you out or make you feel uncomfortable. I'm kind of glad you aren't aloof to be honest, it just means you were raised right.", Steiner said as he let out a long drawn out sigh. He had made her feel uncomfortable and she was probably judging him pretty poorly as he had literally just made himself feel like an absolute fanboy and not someone who was interested in the person not the name. "I'm glad one of us got an almost normal family life, my parents weren't the best people in the world, all they left me was the scars from all of the times they took a knife to me. Hey, but that is what happens when you are the black sheep of a family of four, and your brother can do no wrong, am I right?", Steiner said with a smile that hid his sadness at the situation. What she had viewed as being not too different from everyone else was alien to him, he had always been the brunt of an assault, or stabbed for not being good enough to do anything that he had wanted.

"That is how this all started I suppose...I wanted to protect myself, so I trained really hard every day to get to where I am now. I turned all that negativity into something positive when I realized there might be people out there just like me, who had suffered just like me, and were waiting for someone to fix their situation.", Steiner said as he took the trip down memory lane back to a more positive place after revisiting a dark period in his life. "When did you decide you wanted to be someone to protect others if you don't mind me asking?", Steiner asked as she now knew a bit how he had started out. To be honest, he hadn't meant her any harm by bringing up her family, or had meant to judge her because of her reputation or family. He had just wanted to get to know her for who she was and had instead weirded her out. Man, did he suck at this whole conversating with women thing! He reminded himself that maybe he should get some more practice at this as he had to be working with Chifuyu for the foreseeable future.

"That is about all he brought to the table, Chif, and that is because he is a soldier and nothing more. That's just how they are programmed, they bring order, and discipline into the ranks which is what he did, but they don't bring morality. It works if you are a military organization like the Vastime is because all you do is train and hone your military to fight, but the Vanguard has to care. This world is on the brink of all hell breaking loose and the Vanguard is the shield that protects the common people from that hell that is coming. If we don't care about the common folk and only care about strengthening our military then we are only going to damage our reputation when the shit hits the fan and we are too busy fighting a war and not protecting the people.", he spoke with every ounce of conviction that he had inside of himself because he believed every word that he had spoken. The Vanguard was a military organization that had been formed on the premise of protecting the weak and defending the world against darkness.Yet, he just didn't think that the Vanguard was doing that job anymore because the attention of their leader was drawn elsewhere. He silently looked over at Chifuyu with a stern look as she finished the final part of her statement, but then smiled.

Was she absolutely the person he thought she was, he didn't know her that well, but she seemed to understand what being a leader was really about. It wasn't about the power or the position to be honest, it was about actually being somebody who gave a damn, and she clearly did. "And I'm not saying do a coup or anything like that either. I'm just saying you would make a good leader...I mean if you can't see that then you must be blind. The words you just spoke are of a person who actually give a shit...its not about prestige or power, that will not get you anywhere when it comes to leading. No, its all about caring about the job, and doing something with it that actually helps the people who work under you and the people you are trying to serve. You understand that...man now I know why Azure chose to train you and prepare you for this. I'm really glad that I work for you because man...I think we are going to do some actual good together instead of watching the wheels spin, but go no where.", Steiner spoke his mind without any sort of reserves, and he made damn sure she understood why he admired her so much.

She was an unknown to him to be honest, but she still held a lot of value to him in terms of the type of person that she was proving herself to be. "I'm sorry if my praising you is embarrassing you in any way, but I just want to make sure you understand just how well you hold yourself up, you know? Sometimes you just need to hear how far you have come and be praised for the hard work you are putting in and this is just one of those moments.", Steiner said with a large stupid smile on his face as he got up from the bed and looked around the room. "I'm actually a bit hungry now, does this room have a mini fridge?", he said as he looked over at Chif the same stupid smile plastered on his face.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:01 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 599

She was willing to accept his apology, it was quite clear that it had been impulsive. The quick description made it clear why he wondered, a hard life on of abuse made sense as to why he'd wonder about a family that apparently had it all. Apparently had all the money, all the love from each other and all the love of the people. People always assumed that being a Yuudeshi was amazing, really it was annoying. People constantly going around and stalking them, wanting to know about their private lives. Chifuyu once found out about a woman that made a challenge with her friend about who could sleep with the most Yuudeshi. Such trivial things and Chifuyu couldn't comprehend why people were so stupid with regards to her family. They were like any other people.

When Steiner asked her what made her strive towards becoming a hero and upholding the peace she had to resist to first thing that came out of her mouth. It was going to be a joke of course but she actually then frowned, she didn't know when she decided to become a hero. Maybe it was Shadin's influence? Was it really just because she was bored and had nothing to do with her life? Chifuyu had to think on it. She had to guess what it was that was likely something that stemmed from Shadin and that is what she'd answer with.

"Shadin... When you grow up with him as your father you inherit his own own views on things. I can't really say otherwise since I haven't thought much about it. I'll get back to you on that idea sometime but right now I can isolate a reason for it."

She got to listen to his rant about Hayden. He had an opinion on the leader though, oh dear it wasn't good for poor old Hayden with Steiner's thoughts. She agreed on some things but she couldn't agree on it all. Hayden did strengthen the military and he did have a soldier mentality. BUT. He did also look out for common people. He wasn't that kind of soldier that didn't care about the civilians, he aimed to protect everyone.

"I'm sorry Steiner, but I can agree with you there. A soldier and a military-minded person Hayden is but he does look out for people. Take Vastime here for example, he looks out for the people by trying to make sure everyone has military training to be able to protect everyone. My opinions are only limited to Hayden's loyalties since I wonder what he would do if it came down to Vanguard or Vastime. His own creation or something he took on. That is what I worry for."

If Steiner tried to continue talking about Hayden she'd raise her hand, she didn't want to hear any more discussion regarding the Vanguard politics. She got to deal with enough of that when she was there learning about all the stuff she needed to know from Hayden, stuff that was way more blunt and boring than when Azure taught her.

"I learnt through effort, I work without the need for praise Steiner. It isn't embarrassing but it actually serves to annoy me really. Then again I can't stop you oh.. and food's over there. Sorry it's all junk, I wasn't planning on hosting guests and I was going to be leaving in a few days anyway. I hope you don't mind."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 Gamma_Signature
Early Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTEarly Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADEarly Morning - Early Morning Justice and A Chance Meeting! - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: 815

"I don't really mind if it is all junk food to be honest, I've basically been living in camp grounds for most of my life because I've never really had the funds to put myself into an actual apartment. Junk food and I...we go way back.", Steiner said with a smile on his face as he began to look through her selection of complimentary snack foods to squelch his appetite. Finally Steiner settled on a bag of pecans, high in protein, and relatively the only true healthy option that the fridge had to offer as he sat down in a chair near the bed. He fiddled with the bag of pecans before silently opening them and popping a few of the lightly salted morsels into his mouth, he made sure to chew his food, and to not talk with his mouth full. After all, he was the guest, and to be ill mannered would be a horrible thing to be in the presence of the host. "So, you don't agree with me on everything, but some of it...I suppose you're right. This place is well defended at the least and it is quite unlikely that any sort of attack or assault could go off without a hitch in this nation.", Steiner said as he reached into the bag to fill his maw with more of the delicious snack he had nabbed from the mini-fridge. "I apologize if it seems I am strongly opinionated, but I am very zealous about decisions involving the safety of others. I just find myself worrying all the time, I'm surprised my hair hasn't turned grey from the stress!", he said with a chuckle as he popped more pecans into his mouth.

"I suppose that the best way for me to ease my mind would be to meet Hayden himself, to get to know him, and understand his way of thinking. But I'm just a powerless man walking the streets of his nation... I doubt he would have any time or any want to talk to someone like me.", Steiner said as he gulped down the last of the pecans and discarded the bag into the nearby trash can. Noticing her hand come up, he noted that she probably wanted to drop this subject, and he nodded. It was true they had spent enough time on the prospect of Hayden and the way he did things, even more so they had spent more than enough time discussing the Vanguard and Vastime as a whole. He wanted to speak more personally with the person that he was to work under, but a part of him didn't know where to start, and it was kind of startling. He found himself almost getting nervous at the prospect of holding a conversation with this highly intelligent person, but he supposed that she was just like everyone else. Sure, she had more responsibilities, but she was just like everyone else in this world. He smiled warmly and then leaned back in his chair as he began to speak calmly.

"Did you know I grew up in a small town in Europe? It was a nice place before all this chaotic crap began to spring up...one day I would like to go back there, you know? Maybe repair the damage that has been done and restore the community that was once there. That is my end game I suppose...end the war, fight the good fight, and then go back home and rebuild.", Steiner said revealing a bit more personal details about himself than he did to most people. It was hard for him to open up, despite his compassionate nature there was a lot of grief, and deep rooted psychological scars that just weren't going away any time soon. The abuse at the hands of his parents being one of the most difficult experiences in his life had shaped him that way, but he had still managed in a way to be a functional human being. Even if that functional human being was constantly throwing himself into his profession of being a hero instead of actually living his life and seeking personal happiness. It was actually quite sad to be honest, but Steiner was fine with it. He had gotten used to the fact that he would be alone for most of his life and probably die alone too, such was the life of a hero, and such was the life that he accepted.

"Do you have any plans for after all of this stuff is settled? And I'm not talking about that obligation crap, what do you want to do after this is all over?", Steiner said as he cut away the Yuudeshi title from her name. If she was just a normal person, much like everyone else then she surely had dreams of her own, and goals of her own that she wanted to explore.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:21 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: N/A

She let out a sigh as he spoke about him and junk food with their super special connection, come now, there was always better things to put in your body than crappy good. At least for normal people. When you have complete genetic control over your own being she could get away with eating all she wanted without concern for where it was all going to end up. She'd reached that point where she liked her figure where it was and unsurprisingly so to did most men. A lot of women would probably gut her and drink her blood if they thought it would give them her looks.

She let him talk, it was not her place to take his opinions and toss them into the mud and trample on them. No that was not her nature. She could only try to help someone understand her point of view and change on their own accord. She simply didn't want to continue as nothing tainted a relationship faster than politics she found in people so she'd avoid it.

"Europe? I've never been... Well, Greenland but never into Europe. I suppose that's the negative of being a Yuudeshi. Go to Germany and K-Word kill you, go to anywhere else and you get Shadow Fall. So I envy you for getting to have experienced it, it sure sounds nice."

Her blue eyes shifted to look at him again when he asked her his own question, a little surprising for her but her face moved to smile back at him. She didn't know exactly how to answer that. She never looked to the long-term future at least in that regard, she had thought years in advance for combat and war but never in the event that this was all over and peace was restored.

"When this is all over? I doubt I'll make it that long Steiner, but if I do then I will keep learning and getting better. What else can any of us do if not that? If no one learns then mistakes are repeated and I doubt I'll ever settle down like you did. I don't even think I age the same way as everyone else anyway. Cellular decay doesn't faze me that much."

She chuckled and waited for for his response to her. Obviously it was not a very common answer to hear from a person. She lacked the desire of reproduction and to have a family, at least right now anyway and she didn't possess the same innate needs as everyone else. Just another aspect of being Chifuyu Yuudeshi.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Artist: N/A- Song: N/A - Word Count: N/A

"Well then we should remedy that.", Steiner said as she spoke about how she had never been to Europe and that she envied him. It was hard to envy him to be honest as most of his memories of Europe of were his family abusing him and treating him like trash. The only people who had ever really been nice to him were the people outside of his family and it is why he didn't seem to mention in his plan to restore his home town the want to find his family. In fact he hope they were dead, they were horrible people, and had always treated him and the community like tools to be used or take their aggression out on. Steiner wasn't like that and he supposed he was lucky that he had rose above such pettiness.

"Sometime...I don't know when I can make it happen, but I will take you to see my hometown. It will be fun! I will show you a bunch of the places that I used to frequent: the concert hall, the library.", Steiner stopped himself mid-sentence as she began to speak about how she didn't think he would make it through this war. In an instant all of the happiness on his face faded and instead was replaced with absolute disgust, in fact his hand trembled with the thought of slapping her for saying such a thing, but he composed himself. He was the guest and though the host was talking craziness, he had to respect what she believed. Even if it was wrong.

"Of course you are going to make it...I'm your assistant after all and it is my job to make sure you don't have anything bad happen to you, right? I mean it is cool that you want to improve your pool of knowledge and all, but don't talk like that. If you begin thinking you aren't going to make it out of this craziness alive that is the moment you give power to an untimely fate.", Steiner said with a serious tone as he looked away from her and out the window at the Vastime skyline off in the distance. To be honest he didn't know what to feel at that moment at one point or another he too thought he wasn't going to make it, but against all odds here he was. Making it. "You'll make it because I won't let anything bad happen to you, got it?", Steiner said once again not even looking at her as he continued to stare outside.

"I also don't think I will settle down, doubt there is a girl out there who could put up with my bullshit heroics. I'm reckless, stubborn, and not too easy on the eyes to begin with. Girls like the macho type, I'm not that guy...I like to show my feelings instead of hit the gym and pack on fifty pounds of muscle.", Steiner said as he looked back to her with a smile on his face, the joy was once again back in his eyes.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 am

ENTER THE DEPTHS

Artist: N/A - Song: N/A - Word Count: N/A

Remedy that? She found his idealist views amusing. It was the realist and calculative mind that she had where she couldn't imagine them being able to do such a thing. The chances of her sneaking in as both the daughter of Shadin and a Warden of Vanguard was unlikely if not nigh-impossible and the chances of taking back Europe were even slimmer. Not impossible, there was hope indeed but it was no easy task or feat,

"You're such the optimist, it's nice but I am very much a realist. I dare say borderline pessimist in these situations. Despite that, you are my assistant. My assistant. Not my bodyguard and fate isn't real. Our actions are of our own choices Steiner. I have no intention of dying, it doesn't mean that I am invulnerable. Such ideals are like a child who believes they are bullet-proof and harm just slides off them. Fantasies like that are what get people killed. I'll take as many precautions as I can but death isn't avoidable and it comes eventually."

Standing up the woman's hands stretched while she thought on the man's other words. She almost thought he was a little insecure there. Then again, love was a complicated thing and she had yet to even long or feel it. Aside from a connection to her father, probably the only thing she'd qualify for love. Other than that she had never felt no longed for that other half.

"I'm not good with the whole topic of love, nor am I any good with guessing what other women like. I am sure you'll find someone to have a relationship with. You seem alright. I also wouldn't say you weren't easy on the eyes, you're just not a person that inspires arousal which given your care for emotional over physical I suppose is good. Anyway, you'd need to fix that confidence."

She spoke so confidently about the subject, she was far from an educated person when it came to this stuff but she at least tried. She tried to force a smile, making it appear as genuine as she could to keep him positive. Inside she still felt a little gnawing at the back of her mind, the infection on her soul still very much there and was beginning to get irritating but she'd try and keep it at bay.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum