Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Way With Knives [Private]

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:35 pm
Well, that definitely took her off guard. She flinched and shook her head like a pup with an itch when her forehead was flicked. She blinked a couple times at him and chuckled, that smile of his pushing one to say on her face. Needless to say, her tongue did not stay out much longer after that.

"Did you just flick my forehead?"

Malia would be lying if she said she didn't like the fact that he got so close. She had lived a lot of her life trying to get back to him and thank him. Now that he was here, she remembered why he was often on her mind. There was something mesmerizing about him. Maybe it was that eye he often kept hidden. She noticed it many times, but it never really bothered her, so she left it alone. It was through rumors that she realized it might be because he's half-demon. Before, she had problems with demons, but knowing Henrex was one always calmed her down. Not all were bad, and were great, like him.

He scooted a bit closer and Malia looked to him curiously. The question at the back of her mind was answered when she was pulled into a hug. At first, she hesitated. She didn't know whether returning it was bad, but why would someone hug you if you weren't allowed to return it? That'd be stupid and cruel. Henrex was neither of those. Malia's smile softened at his apology and her arms wrapped around him as tightly as his were around her. The hug ended and Malia was quite satisfied with their meeting here. She took in a deep breath and sighed it out in relief, able to relax more easily.

"Treat you like everyone else, hm? Okay."

Malia smirked and reached over, grabbing a lock of his hair. She tugged on it a couple of times and then kept pressure. She wasn't meaning to hurt him, but would pull hard enough to get his attention. She tilted her head and got in his face, eyes sternly staring into his. She waited a moment and then spoke.

"Stop with this guilt bullshit. I can tell by the look on your face. There isn't a damn thing you need to feel guilty about. Because of you, I'm alive. Because of you, I've become stronger. It was saddening when you weren't there when I was young, but like most people I've grown up to understand. Seeing the world the way I do now means you don't have a damn thing to apologize for or be upset about. So stop feeling guilty right now, Henrex. Got it?"

Only when he agreed would she let go of his hair. Once she let go, she leaned back into the tree and closed her eyes to relax. She was still feeling tired, but kept forcing herself to stay awake. The easiest way of doing that was thinking about the battle earlier. Then she remembered something.

"I think... I fucked up."

Malia was the one looking to the ground now, her eyes narrowed in worry. She felt stupid and guilty about something, but she was worried about admitting what she had done. She clenched her fists and bit her bottom lip, still unwilling to speak up about the mistake she felt she made.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:24 am

THE LIVING TEMPEST

HENREX ASTILLON

A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Henrex simply grinned at Malia's initial confusion to the small gesture, before nodding once in response. It was a bit entertaining to see her reaction, especially when it got her to put her tongue back in her mouth. So, as the two embraced one another, Henrex felt a warmth coat himself as he felt himself beginning to relax in Malia's presence.

For him, it was ok for him to start to get a bit affectionate with her. With her lack of rejection towards the embrace, it was a sign to him that he could relax a bit and not be as hesitant as he was being before. Thus, it would be something that both of them would be able to benefit from, as it was granting both of them the mental safety and security that they both needed as a result of the events that just transpired.

"Thank y- Hey, hey!"

Henrex's words would be abruptly cut off as Malia began to tug on a portion of his hair, yanking his head to face her, before giving him a glare. Groaning as she did so, Henrex quickly nodded, and his hair was let go. It was a bit ironic for someone to finally be saying that to him, as he was someone who would tell that to everyone else if they ever thought they did something wrong to him.

But, as he started to fix his hair so that the tuft that she grabbed wasn't sticking out like a dog had licked him, he stopped. He faced Malia, seeing her now turning towards the ground as his body would be able to sense the guilt and worry that she felt. So, reaching forward with a hand and softly tilting her head back up to face him.

"What happened? What's wrong?"

Henrex's hand would be softly clenching Malia's chin -- not strong enough to hurt her, but enough to push enough resolve and force to keep her from moving her head away to avoid his question. Ergo, this would be something that Henrex wanted to convey to Malia in a bit of an odd way, that he was here to talk to, and she had no reason or need to be so worried and nervous about whatever was bothering her.

He was a person who wanted to help others -- and to do so, he had to listen, something he had absolutely no problem doing.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 am
How was she going to explain this? Henrex pulled her chin over to look at him. When her eyes met his, he could see the guilt and fear clearly. Her head may not have moved, but her eyes shifted from his gaze and closed for a few moments. She brought her hands up to his, grasping it between shaky fingers and gently pulling his hand away. She didn't let go. She held onto him in the silence. When she finally got the courage to speak, her expression hardened and she looked him directly in the eyes. With courage, she spoke firmly.

"That Arrancar. He threatened me. Well, it's more like he threatened us. He was warning of something to come. His words were 'You Shinigami will fall soon enough. You have no idea what's coming for you.' Or something like that. I let my ego get the better of me... Instead of heeding that warning and interrogating him, I killed him. The moment I did it, I knew, but the damage was done. I don't know whether to take the threat seriously or not."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999A Way With Knives [Private] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

DARK WINGS, DARK WORDS

HENREX ASTILLON

It wouldn't just be in her eyes that Henrex would be able to tell that she was afraid. He could sense it coming in droves from her. And so, Henrex's demon half would reach out and begin to devour the fear that was emanating from Malia. Thus, it would be the one that would help bring about this confidence that Malia was able to summon during this time of fear.

His grip loosened the moment that she touched his hand, and Henrex's gaze softened. Her hand gripped onto his, and Henrex returned in kind, his own hand wrapping around hers softly as the silence gripped both of them, before Malia finally summed up her courage to speak her mind and tell him what was wrong. However, this was something that Henrex wasn't exactly shocked or surprised at

He had been threatened by enemies often, and it was something that he had really gotten used to over the course of his time. Therefore, it wasn't something that he would really have an initial reaction too, as it wasn't something that was really uncommon. So, as Henrex's hand would briefly tighten around Malia's, his next words would be brief, and most likely underwhelming.

"I see."

Releasing Malia's hand, Henrex would move back so that he was sitting next to her once more, leaning his head so that his back and head would now be pressed against the bark of the tree, and Henrex retreated to his mind, delving into his thoughts of what he should do, what could happen as a result of it, and his overall thoughts of the threat.

He knew that Malia was afraid of the threat. But, after he thought about it for a bit, Henrex would move so that he was in front of the pink-haired lass again, softly put his hands on the girl's shoulders, before giving her a warm smile.

"Don't worry about it. It's most likely nothing. But, we should be careful. I'll bring this up with the other Captains at the next chance I get. But, you don't have to worry, Malia."

Pulling out his copy of the Container, Henrex cycled through the contents, before removing a single canteen from its storage. Henrex held out the object to Malia, and -- assuming she would take it -- would put the Container away.

"Drink that, it should help make you feel better. It's a special tea that I made, and I think it'll help. Don't be afraid, Malia."

Then, the male rose to his feet and stretched for a moment, before leaning down and picking Malia up again -- holding her in the same way that he had before, which was, in essence, bridal-style -- and exhaled softly.

"What do you say we get back to the Seireitei? You can rest in my office if you want."

Henrex gave another warm smile at this, waiting for Malia's answer.

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 pm
Underwhelming was an understatement!

"That's it? I know I'm pretty knew to the Gotei, but I figured a threat from an Arrancar like that would be a bit more alarming. They did have a couple of hollow and another Arrancar hiding where I couldn't sense him as well. It's not like they've proven to be weak, mindless, and unorganized. At least to me, them getting into the Soul Society is something to be concerned about."

Malia's rant came to an end as quickly as it begun. He had barely leaned his head back when she finished. It's possible he may not have fully understood her because of how quickly the words spewed out of her mouth.

He moved in front of her again, trying to get her to settle down by placing his hands on her shoulders. She brought one of her hands to his, but still looked worriedly at him. She calmed some when he said he'd bring it up to the other Captains. As least she could trust him not to toss her worries aside. She relaxed a bit, feeling more calm run over her again. It was a strange feeling, like the bad emotions she was feeling were being sucked out of her body. She welcomed it. Malia wasn't the type to enjoy being tense at all times.

However, she was smart enough to pick up on it. That was the second time it happened. First, her worries faded and her confidence raised. This time, her frustration faded and her ability to relax returned. She'd ask in a bit. For now, she took the canteen she was offered and took a nice drink.

"Thanks. And it's hard not to be worried. I know what I should have done, but... Sure, I'll forget it. I've given my report; it's no longer my iss~ Ah!"

Malia was a little taken aback by being swept off her feet again, but accepted the help. She replied with a curt nod and wrapped her arms around Henrex's neck before they'd begin to dart back toward the Seireitei. For a short while, she'd be quiet while they were moving, but she remembered to ask.

"Were you doing something to me before? Something with your healing seal? Every time I felt... off, I'd suddenly feel better again. Is that part of it?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:46 am

DARK WINGS, DARK WORDS

HENREX ASTILLON

Fear was able to drive people to do and say drastic things. He knew that Malia was scared, and his first words had not really been much of a comfort for her. Maybe he was just numb to the threats. Maybe he had just heard them too much. The fight with Azuma had really hit a breaking point when it came to them, after all. So, a look of worry passed over the Captain's face as she began to panic.

However, this was soon coming to a swift understanding, with Malia still being worried about the future. Thus, taking the canteen back from her and storing it back in the Container before sweeping the girl off her feet. Smiling and lightly blushing as she wrapped her arms around her neck, Henrex took off in mere moments, zipping off at Mach 1 speeds towards Soul Society.

He took occasional glances at Malia, his smile growing as he gazed at her. If she ever were to look at him while he did this, his face would immediately flush red and his head would turn towards the path ahead. There was a great deal of silence that would be had between them before Malia popped the inevitable question.

The consuming of her emotions was something that he wasn't exactly shy about divulging information into, but it wasn't exactly an easy topic to bring up. He knew that she wasn't particularly fond of demons, but...she was curious, so, he would indulge in her interest. It wasn't like he was going to lie to her, even if he was good at it.

"It's...part of my demon half. Most demons have the ability to consume emotion or their primary element. For me, I can consume any kind of negative emotion that someone can feel. Stress, fear, depression...and I take it to myself after consuming it and break it down into energy and sustenance."

Eventually, a purple and black portal would spiral to life in front of them, and Henrex would willingly leap into it, with the two immediately coming out the other side into the Captain's office of the Stealth Force. A couch sat near the desk, and Henrex set Malia down, before resting himself on the arm of the couch, pulling out a blanket from seemingly nowhere as he covered Malia with it.

"How are you feeling?"

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 am
Malia felt Henrex's eyes on her a couple of times while they were off running. She couldn't help but look up to see him immediately look away and his face become red. Ohhh, that was too fucking cute. She kept staring at him then. She never looked away, hoping he'd accidentally glance down at her just so she could see him blush like that again. Unfortunately, she remembered to ask him the question and that little game of hers ended.

Demon. Demon. Demon. Demon-half. He was half-demon? Right, she had heard something about that once or twice before. She probably thought it was just rumors and shrugged it off. It would have been hard for Malia to smile and laugh after that, since that did cause her a bit of worry, but his explanation on his power made that so much better. She playfully narrowed her eyes at him and shook her head like she was ashamed of what she heard.

"Oh, that's fair. I'm sure your girlfriend must be delighted knowing that every time she gets mad at you, you can just take it away. No different than cheat codes in video games! Trying to take the easy way out! Tsk, tsk, Henrex... Hahaha. Y-You should hahaha be ashamed of yourself. Haha."

Malia could not help but laugh at that. She thought it was a great power, but so unfair for people who get mad at him. What a way to win an argument! Her laugh was cut short when she noticed a portal form. She felt her heart skip a beat as a tinge of fear hit and she clung a bit tighter to Henrex. On the other side, they were in an office that she didn't remember ever seeing. It was probably Henrex's. She calmed down and shot him a playful glare. She was laid comfortably down on the couch and was able to relax again. Being covered with the blanket only helped, making her tired and inciting a yawn.

"Now that I'm back, I'm sure I'll be fine. Thank you, Henrex... Though, you could have warned me about the damn portal. Scared the shit out of me coming through that. I bet you scared me on purpose. Didn't you?"

Malia was obviously joking. She stuck her tongue out to prove it.

"So, you're half-demon, hm? On your Mother or Father's side?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 pm

DARK WINGS, DARK WORDS

HENREX ASTILLON

While her comment was all in good fun, it wasn't really something that was accepted well by Henrex. A twinge of sadness and a spark of hurt flashed in his eyes as they closed halfway. Raiu and Kyoki both were definitely aware of what she said, and they both inhaled sharply through their teeth. Henrex remained silent, as the melancholic look on his face remained alongside the silence.

Both the spirit and alternate persona let out a simultaneous 'Oh, fuck.' as only the rush of the wind around them would grace their ears. As the sound of his feet hitting the ground broke the eerie nigh-silence, Henrex would lean back against the side of the couch as he finally responded to Malia.

"Girlfriend...I wish."

The male sighed as his head soon found itself facing the ceiling. She was right about one thing, that his power to consume negative emotions was similar to putting in a cheat code for a video game. Yet, Henrex knew that he wouldn't be one to use this for ill means. The only times that he ever used this was to help others and cure them of their negativity, allow himself to take on those emotions and be able to see others blossom and grow.

"O-Oh...the portal. Sorry, It was kind of...something I didn't really think about, and...yeah."

The question that came after was quite a simple one. It was one that Henrex hadn't really been able to find out at first. But, extensive thinking and connection with the various things that his demon half granted him was something that allowed him an easy deduction of the question.

"It comes from my mother."

Another twinge of sadness briefly passed over the features of the male, before his face went neutral once more, sliding off the end of the couch and pulling up a chair, casually sitting down and crossing his leg over the other, resting his ankle on his knee. As he did this, a warm smile spreading across his lips.

"If you have any questions for me, or anything of the sort, feel free to ask."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:06 pm
I think... I hit... a nerve.
I did hit a nerve.
Shit, I hit a nerve.
You hit a nerve.
I didn't mean to!
I hit a fucking nerve.
Shit.

The amount of guilt Malia felt was not represented well by the calm look in her eyes. She would never meant to insult Henrex, but it wasn't something she knew would happen. By the time she realized that she had hit a nerve, she was reacting to other things, like the portal. And then she hit a second nerve, which reminded her about the first one! She was a bit scatterbrained at the moment and it wasn't helping her first day of impressing her Captain and twice-savior. She had to recover the situation somehow, but her curiosity was making that almost impossible. She couldn't help it.

"I'm not sure you mean that."

Malia sat up and leaned against the arm of the couch, her body still laid comfortably over the rest of it. She looked at him concerned and then sighed.

"The look you got when I mentioned a girlfriend and the cheat code was not the happiest. You looked upset. I realized why when you said you wished you had a girlfriend. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit a nerve there, but then I did it again when I asked about your demon half. I don't want to offend you or anything, and I feel like I have. I want to ask things because I'm curious, but I'd rather not hurt your feelings, so why don't you tell me what topics are off limits? If you tell me now, then I can't suddenly ask about them!"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:45 am

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

HENREX ASTILLON

Eyes were the windows to the soul. Well, these windows were covered by some pretty fuckin' thick blinds. But, there was one thing that never could lie to him -- his senses. He knew that she had a deep tinge of guilt from the whole situation, something that he needed to remedy. Subtly reaching out with his hand and channeling a small amount of demonic energy into his hand, the aspect of feeding on the prime collective of emotions slid out to grasp the guilt that Malia felt.

Within a short time, it would slowly be drained from her, with her Hybrid Captain taking these emotions, consuming them and taking them unto himself in order to be able to relieve her of these emotions. A warm smile spread across his face as he lightly shook his head, waving his hand dismissively.

"I do mean it, really."

As Malia went on, his eyes slowly began to slide shut, his smile fading to straightness as his gaze turned crestfallen once more. Softly biting his lip as the grip of his hands -- resting in his lap -- tightened around his pant leg, he softly exhaled and his grip loosened.

"It's not your fault. You didn't know. You haven't offended me, just...brought up some bad memories."

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his legs and rested his head on the backs of his hands as another warm smile spread across his face.

"Ask me anything you like. Nothing's really off-limits to me."

Henrex's wistful gaze slid to Malia, a final thought briefly passing through his mind.

'My feelings...shouldn't matter, anyways.'

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum