Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t13634-bleach-platinum-hearts-starter-s-guide

And again, welcome to our Bleach RP.

Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active]

This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2419, over 400 years after the original Bleach Storyline. Join our Bleach RP today

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
'Yo, Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find an assortment of Site News. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member Of The Year: Wan --- Character Progression Of The Year: Calyspo --- Character Of The Year Ulv --- Character Plot Of The Year: Claire --- Fight Thread Of The Year: Diplomatic Disupute --- Social Thread Of The Year: I Hear The Best Calling And I Must Scream ---
STAFF
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Rules

Quick-Links

Help Center

Organizations

Race Specs

Latest topics
Top posters
THEFROST
Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] I_vote_lcapSylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] I_voting_barSylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] I_vote_rcap 
JJ
Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] I_vote_lcapSylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] I_voting_barSylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] I_vote_rcap 
Hydræ
Forsaken Crow
Mirja Eeola
Chao
Pockeh
Tsubine
Henrex
Kade
Statistics
We have 2719 registered users
The newest registered user is AtlasGrey

Our users have posted a total of 131410 messages in 19947 subjects

Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
basswalker
Veteran Member
basswalker

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Left_bar_bleue0/0Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Empty
Subject Post 1PostSubject: Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]   Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 pm

THE QUINCY TEMPLATE

The Witch

of Vandenreich

I. Sylvia Brauer

» Age: 26
» Gender: Female
» Titles:
» Affiliation/Rank: Vandenreich - Jagdarmee (Soldat)

Sylvia is 5' 3" and 117 lbs.

II. Personality Traits

Sylvia is an intelligent woman with a creative mind. She is multi-lingual, quick to analyze a situation, and tends to come up with roundabout solutions to problems rather than something more simple and straightforward. However, these simpler solutions are often lost to her completely, and she might even see a problem where there is none, and try to fix something that isn't broken.

She is incredibly stubborn and confident, a combination that is quick to get her into trouble. Once she's set her mind to something, it can be difficult to change her way of thinking. Truly, without failing on her own and seeing how she's wrong first-hand, she might continue to miss the obvious right in front of her for the strange answer she's built up in her own imagination.

She is a mischievous person by nature, and tends towards voyeurism. When bored, she can sit and people watch for hours without complaint, or come up with way sot elicit entertainment from the world around her, to the detriment of others. At times, this can be a positive that helps her to gather new information and learn, but at others, she might quickly be overwhelmed by a circumstance gone bad.

Others might describe her as slow to anger and even slower to apology. She can be quite abrasive, though her heart is usually in the right place, just as she can be surprisingly soft and kind when appropriate. She's the type to look for reasons to keep a relationship together, rather than to break it apart.

Sylvia's role in the world as a Quincy is one of few subjects in which she holds a more traditional point of view, though it has grown slowly more complex over time. As a Quincy, she believes that it falls to her and her people to cultivate and protect humanity from outside harm, akin to a shepherd and her flock, or to a predator culling its prey.

Despite her more level-headed tendencies, her hatred of Hollow runs deep. More than her instinctive fear of the monsters that would destroy her very soul with a touch, her experiences throughout her short life have left her resentful of the creatures. It is often easy for her to succumb to these baser desires, and attack anything resembling a Hollow without a second thought.

In her day to day life, Sylvia greatly enjoys the taste of bitter foods, but finds coffee revolting. She enjoys learning about new people and places, yet finds studying to be a bore. She finds her daily exercise and training relaxing, and prefers music to be energetic and both soft and aggressive, from time to time.

III. History

Born the only child of a dying bloodline, Sylvia's fate was all but decided by the time she'd drawn her first breath. She was raised in a small underground city in northern Europe, where a close-knit community acted almost as extended family to all of its members. She'd spend her early days playing with the other children, unknowing of the dangers that lurked just beyond the city's earthen walls.

Her training began early in life, at the age of four, when she was taught the basics of reishi manipulation in the guise of various games. While the child showed no above average talent for the skills that would make her a proper Quincy, she did enjoy herself, and quickly began to improve. By the age of nine, she was leading her age group in accuracy, if not in speed.

Two years later, she experienced the first major catastrophe in her life; attack by Hollow. As a collection of weaker bloodlines, the city was always more vulnerable than others. It was only a matter of time before something dangerous had found a way in. In this particular case, it was a group of young and crafty Hollow. After slipping through a hole in the city's perimeter, only six beasts were able to instill panic and terror in the cowering population.

Sylvia, like most of the children, was left to hide in a safe room in the basement of the school. However, that hadn't stopped her from witnessing the horror and carnage of the beginning attack, and the girl cried loudly along with her fellow students as the sound of fighting just outside the heavy door filled the room. Though the attack itself lasted barely a half-hour, the fear remained with her for years to come.

Now entering her teenage years, she had come to realize what her purpose truly was in the world. The Quincy were more than an ancient tradition; they were eradicators. It was their job to keep the rest of humanity from ever having to experience that kind of abject terror at the hands of creatures which should not exist.

Her training only got more difficult from then on.

As with all classes, there were those who stood out for various reasons. Sylvia's group of peers was no different. By the age of sixteen, she had pulled ahead of most others in her ability to precisely control her arrows. Though she might have been slower, the numbers didn't lie, and some of her peers came to resent her. Bullying is never pleasant, and her reaction to it was almost the end of her story...

Without the knowledge of her teachers or parents, Sylvia had decided on a means of stopping the bullying herself. If she could impress the others just enough, then maybe they could go back to being friends, like before, she had thought. So, in the dead of night, she stole away with her family's leiden hant and sought a secluded place to practice.

It was nearly a day before she was found on the outskirts of the city, exhausted and practically mangled by the device. It would be a week before she was responsive again, and many months before her hand was well enough to resume training. In all that time, noone dared remove the glove for fear of causing further harm to the child.

Her training following this incident underwent a major change. No longer could Sylvia hone her skills and practice more advanced techniques, for now, she had to relearn the very basics of drawing reishi and creating a weapon. It was a grueling four months, during which she had nothing but time to think. Time to regret.

Unfortunately for her, the Brauer family had long regarded the leiden hant as a relic of the past; an unnecessary tool to serve only as a reminder of what had been. Noone in the community had worn the glove for generations, and with little experience to draw from, it was all she could do in those four months to make and stabilize a new bow.

However, despite the immediate setbacks, her plan had worked, in a way. Whether through sympathy or childish admiration, the bullying had stopped, and by the time she had returned to the class with her abilities restored, Sylvia commanded much of her peers' respect. She would soon graduate, and like all young adults, decided to leave the nest with a couple of her friends.

The first couple of years of freedom were and are still fondly remembered as some of the best of her life. Along with three others from her home town, Sylvia traveled the world to see all that she could. She worked when it was necessary, and had even joined a commune at one point. Barriers were broken, and many personal lines crossed and redrawn only to be crossed again.

Tragedy struck again only a few years into her new life, at the age of twenty-five. In the early hours of a winter morning, the camp she and her friends had been staying in was attacked by Hollow. Most of the mindless beasts were dispatched easily enough by the three trained Quincy, save for one: the leader of the pack, a great monster of immense size. It toyed with them as though they were but playthings, laughing sadistically all the while.

Sylvia was the only one of the trio to survive that fight.

It was only by sheer recklessness that tragedy didn't become massacre that day. Backed into a corner and with no way out, the young woman resolved herself to do what she must to at least walk away with her life. Favoring a broken leg all the while, she removed her leiden hant, and lost consciousness soon after.

After several days, she finally awoke to the news that she'd defeated the monster, and to the terrible reality that she'd need to bury her closest friends and lover. It would be some weeks before she'd regain her full strength, and by that time, her mind was made up. She left the caravan shortly thereafter, and continued her journey alone.

It was during her soul searching that Sylvia remembered a name she had been taught in school, one that had significance to the Quincy as a whole. The Vandenreich...

IV. Natural Abilities & Skills

» Marskmanship: The result of years of training; Sylvia possesses a sharp eye and steady hand that lend well to long distance shooting and accuracy.

» Mobility: After spending more of her time and effort learning to avoid enemies rather than meet them, Sylvia has quick reflexes and is light on her feet.

» Weather Manipulation: Sylvia's abilities are naturally attuned to the weather, and to storms that ravage her foes. The winds blow in her favor. Rain parts at her behest. Natural disasters never impair her well-being. As such, her close relationship with the weather gives her control over aspects of storms through subtle manipulation of atmospheric reishi. Due to this, she possesses a minor resistance to these aspects of her power, and takes 10% less damage from lightning, cold and heat-based attacks from sources up to one full tier above her own. Things that generate or are caused by these effects, such as fire and ice, are not affected.

V. Quincy Skills & Abilities

» Blitzschlag: A personalized form of Blut; Sylvia's body floods with lightning during the activation of Blut Arterie or Blut Vene, giving a potent shock upon physical contact. These shocks inflict damage equal to Sylvia's skill with Blut, and discharge only once per instance of contact. These shocks may travel through a weapon to its wielder, but not through blasts or otherwise ranged attacks. Numbness and tingling in the extremities may follow when struck by this ability. Every second shock delivered by this ability shortens the duration of Blut by one post, as excess energy is lost in the attack.

» Himmlische Marionette: Sylvia's answer to the Ransōtengai. Although it is capable of effects similar to the Ransōtengai, this ability is commonly used for environmental manipulation, instead. The strings may support weight or exert force as though they possessed a strength equal to 50% of Sylvia's reishi manipulation, and likewise, possess a durability of the same level. This may be used against others directly, though doing so can leave Sylvia vulnerable.

» Himmlischer Anzug: A variant of the Himmlische Marionette; Sylvia uses the strings as a basis to cover herself in a thin veil of reishi, bolstered with her own reiryoku. This veil may appear however she sees fit within the confines of her own size, though it is as fragile as cloth. With this, Sylvia may change her appearance from anywhere between a new set of clothes to near-total invisibility against the backdrop of her environment. While active, this ability passively boosts Sylvia's defense, raising her durability by 10%. Furthermore, the camouflage effect can be noticed and seen through by those with powers of deduction equal to Sylvia's reishi manipulation; or a greater mental focus, instead.

With an understanding of reishi manipulation below Elite, moving from one place will throw off the camouflage, giving away Sylvia's position. Likewise, use of hirenkyaku with an understanding of reishi manipulation below Master will do the same.

» Himmelsseelenschneider: An offensive variant of the Himmlische Marionette; by refining the strings of reishi, Sylvia turns them into a powerful mid-ranged weapon. These razor wires move with a speed and flexibility equal to Sylvia's skill in reishi manipulation, and otherwise exert a force and possess durability of 50% that amount. The wires can cut through material such as stone and steel with ease, but can be stopped by a significant spiritual barrier constructed with equal skill to Sylvia's reishi manipulation. Through the implementation of a seele schneider in these attacks, the cutting power of this attack is increased by 100%.

» Himmelsblick: Through a combination of extrasensory ability and enhancing her own eyesight through a method similar to Blut, Sylvia becomes temporarily able to see through objects belonging to the physical world. However, solid reishi and reiryoku constructs may still impede her vision.

Furthermore, while remaining still, she may take advantage of a telescopic vision with a range similar to that which her sixth sense can reach. Both of these attributes may be dialed up or down freely.

» Weltbaumreisen: A ritual performed by Quincy, invoking the gods of old and beseeching them to allow passage along the roots of the world's tree, Yggdrasil. During the performance of such a ritual, the Quincy zeichen appears underfoot of the caster, with her at the very center. By standing at each of the points of the star, up to five others may join the caster in being transported. At the ritual's conclusion, the travelers vanish and are transported to any designated location in the mortal world, where they reappear within another zeichen.

This ritual is too lengthy to be cast in combat, and the physical and spiritual inclinations of the caster may influence how it manifests.

"Oh Wodan, Lord of Asgard ~ Grant us power, thy merciless servants ~ The serpent devours the tree, your world Yggdrasil ~ Let us but serve you, purge the taint from this land ~ Upon your path, Weltbaumreisen!"

VI. Spirit Weapon

» Spirit Weapon Name: Himmelsbogen

» Spirit Weapon Appearance: Like the traditional Quincy weapon of old, Himmselbogen takes the form of a pristine white longbow with rounded edges. A small slit begins at the handle and extends partway up each limb, decorated across each inner edge with a golden coloration.

» Spirit Weapon Abilities

» Himmel Pfeil: Sylvia's basic arrows, possessing an innate quality as to the wind itself. These missiles pass through solid objects without doing harm or losing velocity, though this trait does not apply to constructs of reishi or reiryoku, or to people.

» Himmel Fällt Speer: An arrow built around a heart of Sylvia's reiryoku. After being fired into the sky, it quickly begins gathering reishi from the atmosphere in the form of storm clouds in preparation for a large-scale attack. On the third consecutive post following cast, these clouds loose a torrential cascade of lightning down upon the target, at a speed and with force equal to double Sylvia's reishi manipulation. The potential damage of this attack scales directly to Sylvia's maximum damage output, though the area of effect never exceeds that of a city block.

When cast during the activation of Letzt Stil: Wetterhexe, the build time is reduced from three consecutive posts to one, but lessens the remaining duration of the transformation by half. Either way, due to the focus and reishi required by this ability, Sylvia is incapable of making other, large attacks for the duration of this build time; nothing more than basic skills, lest the ability fail.

» Himmel Wand: An arrow charged with excess force. Once fired into the heart of an oncoming attack, it explodes with a powerful gale that disperses nearby reishi and reiryoku. This arrow nullifies non-physical and energy-based attacks of a level equal to or lesser than Sylvia's reishi manipulation, or can forcibly move people and objects with wind of similar strength. It does not otherwise cause additional damage upon impact.

VII. Letzt Stil

» Letzt Stil Name: Wetterhexe

» Letzt Stil Apperance: Upon activation of Wetterhexe, a great gale of wind surrounds Sylvia. Dark clouds gather in the sky above in relation to her level of power and skill with Letzt Stil, bringing with them thunderous booms and flashes of lightning. Wetterhexe itself is modified from Himmelsbogen, appearing as a long staff that thins where it is to be grasped. Smooth, curved extensions form an incomplete circle around Sylvia's hand, from where she continues to fire arrows without a bow string. The staff is pristine white, except for two thin, golden lines on opposite sides.

» Letzt Stil Abilities

» Blitz Pfeil: The arrows loosed by Sylvia using Wetterhexe are as bolts of lightning, twisting and jumping with no discernible pattern during their flight. These arrows are incredibly difficult to dodge, as though their speed were 100% greater.

» Himmel Schritt: On the winds, Sylvia flies effortlessly without the use of hirenkyaku for the duration of Wetterhexe's activation. Such movements are made at the rate of her natural speed or one equal to her skill with Letzt Stil, whichever is greater. However, if her reactions cannot keep up with her speed and movement, there could be disastrous consequences.

VIII. Equipment

» Quincy Bangle: Sylvia wears this custom bangle on her left wrist. It was designed and built by Sofia Montero.

» Quincy Cross: Sylvia's particular focus comes in the form of a bracelet that resembles the Quincy Zeichen. It's worn on her left wrist.

» Sanrei Glove: Sylvia wears a sanrei glove, or Leiden Hant, on her right hand and forearm. It is white in color with golden brown markings, and bereft of an index and middle finger or thumb.

» Seele Schneider: Sylvia carries five Seele Schneider with her when prepared for a fight.

» Hollow Bait: Sylvia keeps several of these small disks on her person, just in case.

» Reinheitsstern: The Reinheits-Stern, or Purity Star, allows a Quincy a small boost to the power of their reishi arrows as it increases the purity, and makes the arrow more balanced to fire. However, this is simply a side-effect, as the main usage of this modified Quincy Star is much greater.

Arrows fired with this piece of equipment do not destroy Hollows entirely, but rather act in the same way as a Zanpakutô, purifying the soul and sending the Plus to the Soul Society, or to Hell if they have been heinous people in life.

» Frack: This coat, or Frack, made by Ulv has her reiatsu woven into the fabric. It offers a small but not insignificant amount of protection to the wearer. It may stop a bullet, but doesn't offer much more protection than a vest made for such.

IX. Skill Sheet

General Skills
  • Durability: Adept
  • General Speed: Adept
  • Strength: Beginner
  • Weapon Skill: Beginner

Racial Skills
  • Letzt Stil: Beginner
  • Blut: Adept
  • Hirenkyaku: Adept
  • Reishi Manipulation: Advanced

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Advanced
  • Mental Deduction: Adept
  • Focus: Advanced

X. Role Play Sample

Daylight. The so-called golden hour. Sylvia Brauer groaned and turned over in her bed, toes stretched to their fullest underneath the thin sheet that lay over her. With one arm, she reached over the young man who lay beside her, and a faint smile crossed her cheeks as she pulled in closer. His smell filled her nostrils as two strong arms wrapped her up and held tight.

She nuzzled into the crook underneath his chin, wishing this moment would never end. Laying here beside him, naked as the days they were born; she was the happiest she'd ever been. The chill of the morning air mixed pleasantly with the warmth radiating from him.

"Syl... via..." His voice was... was wrong. He croaked painfully, and despite all her wishes to stop herself, the young woman pulled back and opened her fearful eyes. What stared back at her was hardly human, with half its face shorn brutishly from the bone. There was no blood, only an unnatural and ephemeral sense to it all.

She screamed.

It screamed, the throaty and chilling call of a Hollow.

In the darkness of late night, Sylvia nearly bolted from her bed as her cries echoed off the walls of the hotel room. Tears welled up underneath her soft green eyes, and a cold sweat hung to every inch of her body, causing her nightgown to cling uncomfortably to the skin. Her chest and shoulders heaved with every breath as she tried to calm herself, but somehow only made her feelings worse.

Alone, abandoned in the darkness of the unfamiliar bedroom, she began to sob. The beaten and lifeless silver bangle sitting on the nightstand was the only comfort she'd find tonight.

END OF THE QUINCY APPLICATION

Coding In Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by basswalker on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy
Mirja Eeola

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 2PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]   Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 3:33 pm

[mod]Ok~ We are going to need specific limits on how much Himmlische Marionette can lift/move, and how much Himmlischer Anzug can change her appearance [/mod]
Back to top Go down
basswalker
Veteran Member
basswalker

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Left_bar_bleue0/0Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Subject Post 3PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]   Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Changes have been made to both abilities, as per our discussion in DMs.
Back to top Go down
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy
Mirja Eeola

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 4PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]   Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 am

[mod]
Application Checklist
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
  • Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
  • 10 sentences for personality [X]
  • History is of appropriate length [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
  • Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
  • Skills are not filled in [X]

Will Skills
  • Willpower: Adept
  • Mental Deduction: Adept
  • Pain Endurance: Beginner
  • Focus: Beginner

Hazard Rankings
  • [b]Power: D
  • Influence: C
  • Resources: D

Comments/Notes: Giving C Influence because Ulv loves Quincies.
Tier: 4-1
Hazard Rating: D
[/mod]

Back to top Go down
basswalker
Veteran Member
basswalker

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 5PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]   Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Multiple updates as per this post.
  • Various abilities given more clear wording.
  • Tier increased to 3-5.
  • Durability increased to Adept.
  • Blut increased to Adept.
  • Weather Manipulation, Himmel Schritt and Weltbaumreisen added to their respective skill lists.
Back to top Go down
basswalker
Veteran Member
basswalker

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Subject Post 6PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]   Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 1:29 pm

New abilities as per this post.
    Himmel Fällt Speer and Blitzschlag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Subject Post 7PostSubject: Re: Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]   Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sylvia Brauer [Approved, 3-5]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active] :: CHARACTER CREATION CENTER :: Character Application Section :: Accepted Applications :: Approved Quincy-
Jump to: