Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro]

Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:57 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

"I... don't know yet. I'm still figuring things out."

Keiko only had that much to offer to his first statement. Afterwards, while he continued talking, Keiko sat and listened intently, trying to both think on the things he was saying, and deep down perhaps finding something to redeem him and the Shihouin to herself. Deep down. In the meanwhile, she was also taking the time to bask in the sun she hadn't seen for many days and night. Maybe it was just a Shihouin thing--enjoying the feel of the sun on your skin.

When he said that the Shihouin were a family, she had doubts. As a whole, she didn't believe him at all. Family was sacred to Keiko, and most interestingly enough, the people she didn't mind from the Shihouin family were ones that felt ostracised from the family. That felt they didn't belong, and desperately tried to belong. One of them felt like they've still had to wear a face to pretend that what they had was family. The other, it seemed like they were doomed to never be with their family again. The Shihouin, to Keiko, sounded more like just a mere title than anything else.

She did find the note about the Clan Head interesting. She was already aware of how he nearly had Rukia executed, largely in part of his own responsibility, but nobody ever really phrased that event as having "forgotten himself in the efforts to be a Kuchiki and a Captain". It made Keiko think--how often did she forget to be herself while trying to be a Kuchiki? She talked about something along those lines to Kokoro, encouraging her to be herself and not just a Shihouin.

And then, she recalled her time with Takehiko. At the time when he was about to report to the Captain Commander about the situation regarding her potential inner hollow, when she begged him not to... he listened. For all that she did to him, the way she treated him, Takehiko prioritised her. Even at the cost of the family. Was that why Byakuya gave Takehiko so many breaks? Was that the right way to go about things? It seemed... more familial, to do so. But, it was unethical, and on that basis not something Keiko could agree with. Then, what was the appropriate response--to banish him like Yushiro banished Yugiri? What was correct answer to the situation? That was a question that always seemed like Keiko would get an answer to by virrtue of just growing up. Something that she'd come to automatically learn, but things didn't seem like they'd be that easy when she did grow up.

All these thoughts were going through Keiko's head, and all of them came to a stop when she heard the voice that she did. Keiko stiffened--froze all over, in fact. A wave of fear overcame her, such that the negative energy of the entity within her--the thing Takehiko said was a hollow--flared out for a brief moment. The type of energy it exuded was extremely similar to the energy that Yugiri emitted.

It took Keiko a moment to be even capable of calming herself. The only thing that really brought her back down to reality was Yamamoto's hand on her shoulder, reassuring her.

"I... I don't know if I can accept this arrangement. I... I'm... I don't...."

Keiko's mouth bounced up and down, constantly trying to say something while she constantly ended up saying nothing."

END POST

88A1A8 5E46AD

A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7900/999999A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Empty Re: A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro]

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:48 pm
CREDIT TO [THEFROST] FOR THE TEMPLATE CODING

LEADING BY EXAMPLE

PAPA SHIHOIN

"I think you missed the part where I said this wasn't an offer. If this was left up to you two, then you would hate each other for all of eternity and no peace will even be attempted to be made. You said it yourself, you hate her. Granted, that is a jutstified hate built on the foundation of an unjustified one, and you'll find that once you actually get to know each other outside of a single spar that went sour, perhaps you'll actually bury the hatchet. OR maybe you won't, and you two can continue despising each other, but at least then it would be built of experience and not prejudice.

A moment would pass by before Yushiro would speak again. He would listen to what Keiko would have to say in response but this was one of those things that he was dead set on happening. But he wasn't done speaking.

"I've also noticed that you haven't been speaking much of your mind here. If anything, you've only responded to what I've been saying. Is there anything you want to say to me? Anything at all, really. I won't think different of you no matter what you say, in fact I will think more of you if you speak your mind. Many people tend to just lie to my face because they're dealing with a clan head, and it's absolutely irritating." He gave her a look, as if he were suspecting her of being dishonest with him. "This is a meeting to increase relations, after all."

A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Sumera-character-list
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

"I... understand, Yushiro-sama."

It was a grueling demand, but Keiko understood that this was non-negotiable. Did Yushiro already talk to Byakuya or the Elders about this? Was the servitude already arranged? Keiko grappled her elbow with her other hand hard. This wasn't just a level of discomfort that was physical. The entity within her was practically shrieking in her ears, and without her ears she was totally noncommunicable. No eyes, no ears, it was difficult to stay oriented on the subject. She at least managed to hear the last thing he said, and in this disorientation, Keiko couldn't help but blurt out the first thought that came to mind.

"Did you at all wish to be in my life, or regret not having been in it?"

The entirety of this conversation so far had felt like Keiko was only being lectured. She realised that at no point had he ever said anything in regards to being her grandfather, or, well... acknowledging her as family. Not really. No acknowledgement of his role and responsibility--or rather lack thereof-- in her life. Was she that unimportant?

END POST

88A1A8 5E46AD

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7900/999999A Lot in Common [Private/Yushiro] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:08 pm

LEADING BY EXAMPLE

PAPA SHIHOIN

"Yes." That wasn't the question he expected to be asked, but it was one he had wanted to answer. "I've always wanted to be part of your life, you're my granddaughter. People tell me I have this overbearing want to include myself in everyone's lives, and everyone's problems, and you are no different. But, you seemed happy. You looked like you enjoyed being with the Kuchiki way more than you probably would have with us, and me just inserting my self into your life would have been as I said, overbearing."

"The last thing I wanted you to do was hate me, for not being there, for what your father did, but it seems like what I was trying so hard to avoid happened anyways. I'm sorry. If I knew things were going to end up the way they did, I would have tried to reach out to you myself. While it is too late for me to right my wrongs, I do believe that you will enjoy Chidori and the rest of them if you actually approached them. As far as a good portion of the family is concerned, you're just a Kuchiki. Chidori, Kintori, and Rio are the only people who really know what you are to us. If you meet Chidori, I bet she'll welcome you with open arms."

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

Yes... He did. What was this? This... pressure on the chest. Were ribs acting up? No, Takehiko healed those definitively. It wasn't just a pressure. It was a warmth. And that warmth and pressure rose to her neck, something caught in her throat. The heat started building up in her eyes and fingers--were they bleeding again? Not a single thing was said by the inner entity. It was the quietest it had ever been. There was a clarity to her mind, the deafening howls and shrieking were totally gone.

"I-I see..."

It felt like she had to force her vocal chords to vibrate so that she could speak those words. In between, her nose felt irritated, and she sniffled. Keiko's voice was wavy, seemingly uncertain and weak in its presence. If you just felt her spiritual, you'd think Keiko was just a small injured kitten.

"Are you sure? That people would be fine with me? Wouldn't... wouldn't a new face out of the blue be a burden to everyone?"

She didn't say it, but that was something she heard from Kagemori, her mother's husband, quite often. That the reason Yoshimaru, her real father, fled was to avoid the burden. She projected that understanding on all of the Shihouin, and that impression birthed her resentment towards them. If they didn't want her, she wasn't going to want them either. But, it seemed like Yushiro was saying that wasn't the case.

The warmth in her eyes turned to a burning sensation, and the bandages over her eyes started getting humid.

END POST

88A1A8 5E46AD

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 am

LEADING BY EXAMPLE

PAPA SHIHOIN

"No, actually I think it would be the opposite. If anything, we can use more people in the family, especially Chidori since she's going to be going through a rough time soon. If you would allow us, we'd love to have you, even if just for a moment."

"Don't ever downplay yourself like that. A human life is never a burden. Even the worst of the worst are just an opportunity for you to contribute to the life of another. No matter how stubborn, no matter how evil, any life can be saved. All they need is a little push. I hope that, with us exchanging words here today, I have been able to push you in any direction. Even just a centimeter, and I would see that as a victory." He would, slowly, reach out and place his hand on Keiko's. If she let him, she would notice that his was about 4 times bigger than hers and awfully warm and jagged, with there being scars and callouses all over. The sign of a man that has done lots of work, some he's not proud of but some that he is.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:38 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

Damn... she couldn't really deny it anymore. The moisture in her eyes, the catch in her throat... Once Yushiro reassured her, the walls in her heart started breaking down. Tears started rolling down her cheek once they over-saturated the bandages over her eyes. She didn't even try to pretend anymore, and the catch in her throat couldn't be swallowed by now. Keiko's mouth spread out, it almost looked like she was in pain, when it was just a really ugly cry.

"Y-yes, of course... of course, Papa. Thank you."

Keiko didn't just let Yushiro hold her hand; the girl grasped his larger hand with both of hers, squeezing tight as if letting go meant he was gone.

END POST

88A1A8 5E46AD

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:45 pm

LEADING BY EXAMPLE

PAPA SHIHOIN

Hearing her call him that brought a smile to his face. He did what he did for moments like these, where he can make people smile or cry tears of joy. Or at least that how he saw this, he wasn't sure if she was actually happy or sad.

"It's alright, child. I'll be here for you as long as I'm able. You can rely on me or my family for anything, we'll be here for you." He would take his other hand and caress her face, wiping the tears from her cheeks. She was so young and small, he just wanted to protect her. Kintori tapped his shoulder, noting him that his time was up and he had other obligations elsewhere. Fearing that he might scare her by hugging her, he slowly placed his forehead to hers.

"I must go now, I have another meting to attend to. I enjoyed speaking with you, and I look forward to the next time we are able to. I'm sorry if this is so sudden or if I'm overstepping a boundary, but I love you. I love you as I do my daughters." And with that, Kintori began to wheel him away, bowing to Keiko and her attender on their exit.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

Keiko could only nod to his words repetitively and squeeze his hand tight until he made his departure. Once he left, the girl finally felt like she had room to breath, and the tension of the whole affair was released, leaving her fairly tired. She spent a bit more time letting the tears out and allowing her body to finally relax.

"Okay... I'm okay now. Let's go home now, Yamamoto. Thank you to everyone here for hosting us."

Keiko did a small bow to the table as a means to bowing to everyone, then let Yamamoto wheel her away. She was a bit excited for tomorrow, where she intended to come visit the Shihouin house and meet up with her grandfather. Hopefully, he'd be pleased to see her come by so soon.

END POST

88A1A8 5E46AD

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum