Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty Re: Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel]

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:23 pm

Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE DRAGON

Artist: Dale North - Song: Looks Like Rain

The man's smile slowly returned as she replied, breathing a quiet sigh of relief. He was glad that she wasn't bitter about it. As she pulled him into a hug, burying her face into his chest, he lifted his arms, chuckling slightly as he ruffled her hair before she let him go, and he sat up straight again.

"I'm glad you're not bitter about it. The yakuza was hardly a place for someone like you, much less two punks from the street like us."

His smile faltered as she called him her hero. He was glad that she was alive and glad that he had been able to get her started on a new life, but he never in a million years wanted to be called a hero, especially from that time in his life, when he was anything but.

Back then, he was a brutal enforcer, he wanted to make sure that his title as "Dragon of Kyushu" was never called into question, to show why he had that dragon on his back. Back then, for him, it was his way of proving himself and making his boss proud.

"...I shouldn't be a hero in your eyes. Especially not back then."

He took a bite from his food, pausing for a moment.

"I wasn't a good person back then, and I hardly am now. Sure as hell ain't worthy of bein' a hero to anyone. In the martial arts world, a word that some people used to describe someone like us is...Shura. 'Carnage', someone who goes on a path of destruction, forsaking their humanity in pursuit of power, immortality, fame, or even fortune."

His voice lowered at the utterance of the word 'Shura', as if the word itself were cursed and would evoke the spirit of hatred and destruction. It was something that only became a reality to him after he was out of the game, alone in Norway with his thoughts. For him, and likely for his brother...it was something that both of them feared more than just about anything else in the world.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty Re: Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel]

Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 am

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

Ichijou was hardly unaware of the life Vanyel lived. It was the sole reason why she couldn't live with Vanyel and his sworn brother permanently. Did she detest his lifestyle? Of course not. Somewhere within that morbid frame of mind she called a brain, Ichijou thought he was a badass - reminiscent of Kiryu from the Yakuza games she'd started playing lately, indulging herself in the retro rush as she always did. In the past, he was much more hot-headed than Kiryu but still, they were a little similar, right? Chuckling as she took another mouthful of Takoyaki, Ichijou nudged him in his shoulder as she swallowed pieces of food within her jaw.

Turning towards him, she grinned from ear to ear. Why did he think of heroes in the aspect of the goody-two shoes? He was far from perfect, yes, but no hero truly was. Many comic books would tell her that - well, maybe. Plot inconsistencies were a bitch.

"Oh cheer up, Van. Why do people always think of heroes so conventionally? A hero doesn't have to be some guy wearing a cape or a man that saves lives every day he leaves tha' house. A hero can be whateva' we perceive in our minds sometimes. Some have heroes in music, others have heroes in the fashion world' but the idea is still the same. By my definition, ya match my hero for saving me from a situation that would've spelled my end."

Ichijou took a sip of her drink as she continued.

"Life in Romania was hell. Sueki wasn't exactly a popular breed outside of our own walls and living in a society without a momma' or pops wasn't exactly ideal. Dun even get me started out the blood cravin'. Just face it. You saved me, and therefor, you are my hero. Doesn't matta' what happened in the past. No one's exactly a saint in this world---not even the goody-two-shoes."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Last edited by Iori on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:54 pm

ENTER THE DRAGON

Taking another bite of his food, Vanyel rolled his eyes as Ichijou went off about the whole thing with conventional heroes. Even if he was taking into consideration the unconventional heroes, there was one thing that they all had that he just, didn't: they were good people. Just because he took in a gutter punk from the streets didn't absolve him of what he had done.

To him, he was just trying to live his life, become as strong as he could, and use that power to protect the people he cared about. Sighing as he finished off the food, setting the dish down, he reached over and ruffled her hair, before stretching and leaning back in the chair.

"Well, those goody-two-shoes are still at least good people who do good things. Helping out one gutter punk isn't all that impressive compared to the cunts that save the world every other day."

He readjusted his hat, setting a hand on her head again as he threw the leftover dish in the trash, setting one leg on the other as he looked at her.

"'Nuff about me. How's life been for you? You sure as shit don't look like a gutter punk anymore."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:44 pm

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

"Why do you see ya' self as somebody who don' got no good in em? What you did back then doesn't define who you are as a man. I killed stray dogs and cats to keep myself sustained. Am I a bad person for preying on defenseless animals? You act like you murdered innocent people. Anywho..."

Ichijou would finish the remaining Takoyaki, launching the trash into a nearby trashcan. She grinned from ear to ear as Vanyel ruffled her hair before leaning on his shoulder again, joyfully sipping her drink.

"Mm, life has been amazin'. I'll be honest, though. After ya' left... I kinda' relapsed and gave into my cravings during my time in Japan. I didn't have a permanent home and nota' single soul was feelin' generous. By the hand of fate or some otha' foooce, an older lady came along and I was ready to kill her to have my first taste of human blood."

Ichijou would gaze at her drink, pausing for a moment, thinking about how fortunate she was to meet her mother, a woman with a heart of gold, and a smile that could light up a room.

"But she wasn't afraid. If anythin', she was actin' like she was willin' to die so I wouldn't suffer and robbed me of any killing intent. She didn't run. Didn't do no screamin' for help... she just hugged me and the rest was history. She officially adopted me' as her own, gave me a new name I was comfortable with, and treated me to a wonderful life. During that time - no mo' than a few years lata'... I'd meet Kokuto. For all the anger or grump he shows.. he's a big softie."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 am

ENTER THE DRAGON

As the little vampire leaned against him, Vanyel took a quiet sip from his own drink as she spoke. He was glad to hear that she was doing better after they had given her a new life outside of Romania. Even though they had left her to return to the yakuza world, they left with hope that she would be able to life in Japan without that suffering.

His heart sunk as she said that she had relapsed, and his hand on her head tightened briefly. He felt guilt tug at his heart, knowing that the moment they had left, she had fallen back into that old life. He should have stayed with her longer, making sure that she had a place to stay, hell, even inviting her to live at his own place to make sure that it didn't happen.

But, as his grip tightened ever so briefly, it relaxed as she told about the woman who adopted her, taking her in without any fear as to who she was. Vanyel began to smile. It took a hell of a lot of guts to do that, especially with a Sueki like her. He let out a quiet sigh, ruffling her hair again as he took a drink.

"Good. I'm glad that you're doin' better now. Sorry I didn't stay with you longer, or, hell, even invite you to my place for somewhere to stay. But...you're here now, and that's all that matters."

He paused, going to take another drink, only for the brief silence to be broken with the loud slurping from the straw of the cup. Shaking it a little bit, he shrugged and tossed it into the garbage. His expression turned somber as he looked to the ground.

"Me and Zhang are long outta the game, nowadays. The clan fell apart, and we separated. I gotta go and find him one of these days. Life's just been a hell of a coaster lately, and I haven't had the chance to properly go out and look for him."

His voice lowered as he brought his hands around himself, gently clenching his arms.

"I miss him. Meetin' up with you again made me realize how badly I missed you guys. He mighta been neck-deep with indulgin' himself in vices, but he always had my back. I could always count on him to pull through when I needed it the most."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:31 am
Center>
BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

Ichijou smiled as she finished up on her drink and continued to eat some more dango, take a few pieces from Vanyel while she listened to him speak. A sueki appetite was such a pain in the ass. She either craved blood or food.

Food only fixed half of her problem. Blood sated it. Ichijou waved a hand in reply to him wanting to have done better by her as far as providing her with a home. She didn't hold that against him.

For what it was worth, his actions had succeeded in bringing her some sense of sanity. Her mother helped provide pieces for the rest of the puzzle, and Kokuto had brought it all together. She couldn't envision her life getting any better than this.

A man she viewed as a big brother had returned and she had an inkling in her mind that they could find that humorous fellow she always got along with. Playboy Zhang.

"Playboy Zhang? I miss him too. You two truly were like brothers. I'm sure we can find him one day. Did you ever try looking in any of those bars or strip clubs he'd frequent?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:41 pm
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 WWTleJt

VANYEL | DRAGON OF KYUSHU

Vanyel couldn't help but laugh at the little nickname that Ichi gave Zhang, "Playboy Zhang" was an accurate title for him, the guy basically used his second brain to do all of his decision-making. Despite all the times that he tried to make him take things more seriously and not just indulging himself on the vices and pleasures of the world, it never seemed to do much. But, over time, he had grown a bit more lax on it -- maybe partly due to him knowing that he wouldn't be able to change the man on his own, or even at all.

Vanyel smiled wistfully, remembering the old days as the two often butted heads over their differences. Those days seemed so long ago, now. Even if they were considered criminal trash, there was still genuine bonds that he formed with his brothers. But, he knew that Zhang probably was in some bar or strip club with whatever money he had left -- another thing he remembered about the dolt: his terrible spending habits. But, there were some problems with that, albeit personal.

"The thought's crossed my mind more times than I can count, but...I'd really prefer not lookin' in strip clubs. I don't know why, but they always made me uncomfortable and feel really awkward."

END POST
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:22 pm

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

Ichijou chuckled at the title she gave their beloved friend of the past. Zhang was indeed a man she knew who simply loved to drink, spend his money luxuriously, and share himself with every woman and even sometimes - men - who caught his eye. He was reckless but no one in that group of men was a saint.

The brotherhood was something to be admired, though. It's why Ichjou grew so attached to them. She hoped one day they would see Zhang again and spend time together just like she and Vanyel were doing right now.

She chuckled again as she listened to Vanyel speak about how the idea of walking into a strip club was awkward for him. God, if he only knew the type of woman she was now. Or perhaps he had some inkling of an idea, considering Ichijou's curiosity whenever Zhang mentioned strippers or even tried to sneak her in so she could catch a peek.

"Of course they did, Van. You always looked like you wer' petrified whenever a woman wiggled her tush around you. Well, if it helps ya' feel any' betta, I'd gladly look in a strip club or two for you~"

Last edited by Iori on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:55 pm
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] - Page 3 WWTleJt

VANYEL | DRAGON OF KYUSHU

Man, she and Zhang would get along too well nowadays. She sure loved her teasing, and he knew that Zhang would never spare an opportunity to poke fun at him, whether to just mess around or to cheer him or both of them up after a long day. He chuckled softly, ruffling her hair and rolling his eyes.

"You probably just wanna use it as an excuse to see some skin, huh?"

He paused for a moment, leaving his hand on her head, his smile fading. He remembered that day -- when the clan fell apart, when Zhang tried to offer himself up in exchange for the head of the Kudo-kai. He remembered how furious he was when Vanyel had stopped him and shut him up, only for him to run off, and for them to go their separate ways.

Remembering that brought about a feeling of doubt. Would Zhang even want to see him again? Would he hate him for what he had become nowadays? A demon, someone who had...forsaken their humanity in the search for power, even if he still wanted to believe that it was the right thing to do. Doubt was constantly present in his mind, even if it currently only lingered in the back of his mind. He wanted to see him again, to rekindle what they had, but it never seemed to go away.

"Really, all I can hope is that he's as happy to see me as I am to him. Didn't exactly leave on the best terms."

He paused, sighing softly.

"Regardless, it's been nice catchin' up with you. Life's been pretty crazy lately, and Calypso isn't really all that present, so it's nice to just relax and talk like this."

END POST
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:57 pm

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

"Oh, but of course! Who' wouldn't want'a good excuse to some hot tootin' flesh? Zhang had some good tastes back then, I'll dat' much~!" Ichijou chuckled heartily as Vanyel ruffled her hair and patted her head. Even though the young man was one to indulge his vices, Zhang was the life of the party and always knew how to bring a smile to the young vampire's face.

They both occupied a special place in her heart and Ichijou hoped that one day, fate would bring the two back together. She had always admired their bond and the way they welcomed her into their arms. Ichijou wrapped her arms around Vanyel's waist, leaning her head into his chest as she gazed up at him happily, bearing her fangs with a toothy grin.

"It was nice to see ya' again too, Van. I really missed you. I may have spoken' in jest a few moments' earlia' but if you need my help findin' Zhang, I'll use my mom's resources to look for i'm. In any case, dun' be a stranger, okay~? I really enjoy your company. You and him were like brothers' I never had. I'd do my best to see a smile on yer' faces."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum