Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:21 am

SCIONESS OF AVARICE

THARA

Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Oh, wow. Now he was throwing haymakers in terms of the wagers were now. Indeed, there was no longer a childhood object of affection or a trinket. If Thara didn't win this next round, she would have to be his employ, an extension of his will. Which obviously meant that no freedom would be readily awarded to her in the slightest.

She would be his to manipulate and control in which way he saw fit. Now, most would likely turn back and call this a day. Thara had found herself in a pause as the ivory dealer's entire aura became more potent than before as if to consume her in his wave of energy.

She felt her breath stifled ever so slightly at the rise of reiatsu that he was emitting, following him with her eyes as he stared at her and laid out his intentions if she were to lose. And then, rather than another card game, he had thrown a rather simple question her way. No, a rather simple game. A guessing game. A name guessing game.

Thara had to guess his name. Guess his name!? Really? She hardly knew the man and he was requesting such a thing? Wait, no... she paused for a moment as she gazed at him, rising up from her chair as she examined him closely. The aura itself felt familiar but what else was it about him that stuck out?

She reflected on the clues from earlier, of how he spoke of Las Vegas and how he analyzed her as if she were an experiment in his lab. Oh... no. It couldn't be. That particular section of when he referred to Vegas. He seemed to have spoken of it as if it was natural to him as if it was his home. Home is where I rest my head. The question about house and home.

The mere fact he spoke of vegas when it had been destroyed and more than that... when he spoke of how if such a city of grandeur had been leveled, an angry specter would be left behind. The clues were so damnably clear now. Thara had visited vegas many times than one could count, so how did she miss it this entire time? Oh. My. God. It was him. It had to be. No other man could possibly embody vegas itself other than...

"Yaksha...?"

Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:56 am

Yaksha, The Überseele

"Damn. And here you were so close, Thara. All you had to do was spout the first bullshit answer that came into your head. And you would've joined me in the land of milk and honey. Let this be your final lesson, then; sometimes, the way to get what you want is to simply give up on attaining it. Charity can go infinitely further than greed, betimes."

He turned away, his entire body spasming once more, as if he were caught in the middle of a snowstorm and suffering hypothermia. His entire being, down to the cellular level, seemed to be having trouble staying together...and a split second later, a pair of wings burst from his back, every inch covered in strange red markings that almost resembled tattoos. He didn't say another word for several long moments, simply let her eyes set on the familiar vision of a man who had been gone without a trace for well over a year now.

"You can have your book back. It's yours by right. And now I do believe that I have to call our delightful little romp to an end. You see, I am still on the clock, and I have invested a truly inappropriate amount of time on a single guest, for a pittance. I do think it's about time we start indulging in some roulette. Enjoy your life, Danava. I wouldn't dream of taking it from you, now that you've earned it in the fashion of all humans."

He paused for a second longer, not turning to face her, but simply letting out a low, amused hissing sound that almost seemed to resemble a man clearing their throat, before he rose a hand to his chin, and spoke in tones of someone speaking in a hypnotic trance, or one who was trying very hard to remember something that he hadn't heard in a very long time.

"Oh, yes. You did forget one difference between the two, Thara. The house always wins."

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:23 am

SCIONESS OF AVARICE

THARA

Vegas died and so did my heart(Thara)  - Page 3 6EdIfMt

What the hell?

That was all her mind could muster currently. She hardly recognized the web she had weaved herself in. Truth be told, she hardly knew the man up until she pieced together the clues.

To give your freedom willingly to a stranger was insane - there was no way she could've pieced together that the mysterious ivory dealer turned out to be Yaksha. The hollow that resided over Vegas and earned something of a reputation that proceeded him.

To have been his employ would have been an honor to those who admired him in Vegas but for Thara... what was she to have done? In truth, she was little more than a child still. Not in physical proportion, certainly, but in mind. She knew so much about the world and yet so little. To even believe she could stand amongst adults, amongst men like him was preposterous - foolhardy, even. In a word, she was but a neophyte.

That book was important but he had analyzed her and left her with lessons she would never forget. Thinking back on it, had that not been more important than the book? To be imparted with unforgettable knowledge that was stronger than the pages themselves?

Walking over she placed the hand on the book as she stopped for a moment and thought about it all. She tapped the book softly, weaving a spell that would allow it to go within the library she had visited during her times on earth. Though it may have been hers by right, it was better suited in the hands of another.

How contradictory could she be? She wondered. Well, it hardly mattered now. She lost in a match most would've considered fix but the Scioness of Avarice hardly called foul. Standing behind him a few meters apart - for what might be the last time they ever meet - Thara spoke once again.

"Indeed, time that this guest had hardly expected would even happen. Yaksha... huh, to meet Vegas himself. I have a feeling warriors or individuals would have far more use of knowing you walk this planet than I. Physically, though I may be an adult, I'm but a little girl who knows nothing of the games adults like to play - like yourself. In a word, a neophyte. Still..."

She'd pause for a moment, observing the sight of the myth standing before her eyes.

"You have imparted me with knowledge about myself that even I hardly ever thought about. You stripped me in a way I will reflect on long after I leave Los Angeles. You were right. Perhaps I should've said some stupid answer but you were a stranger until the clues came together, " she'd chuckle as she finished that sentence.

"Oh, it would've been nice to go to the so-called land of milk and honey but... Either way, like a child, I do believe I should be going soon. I could triple my bet but to do so and expect to win against the house - well, that would be foolish now, wouldn't it?"

This was grown folk's business and Thara felt that as a demon with no relation to the Astahvon, no ties to Hueco Mundo, and certainly no relationship with Shinigami, knowing that Yaksha walked the earth would seem like speaking of seeing a mythical creature flying by. Who would believe her? She took a steps to turn around but stopped and said...

"Thank you. It was an honor in meeting you and a greater one in learning. Perhaps that was my Jackpot of the night..."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum