Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

How do you Heal a Broken Blade? Empty How do you Heal a Broken Blade?

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 pm

How do you Heal a Broken Blade? 6EdIfMt

FILLER TEXT HERE

Artist: Carrotwine - Song: Dark Side Of The Road

He left the Seireitei again, this time heading towards the Rukongai. The Kobayashi family, they were interested in adopting a person by the name of Hime. So they were sending him as the envoy. Despite them wishing for a different result. It wasn't the type of thing one expected.

To see the Leader of the Combat Division, a Captain sent out. His family made the request, her relation to him was to be determined. Kids played tossing a ball, accidentally kicking it high. He brought a hand up catching it, before sending it back to them.

They still knew him, the Kobayashi and Crow were alike in this regard. An intense sense of justice and honor. The Virtue of life wasn't something disregarded ever. He drew his blade when needed. But it wasn't for a singular reason. He enjoyed the fight, it was an experience he could slip into.

But he also did this, so those kids didn't have to. Hardships followed all in this world as he made his way to the neutral place. A Dango shop with plenty of people around for her comfort.

But he wondered if the elders understood people, some people didn't care for this type of place. But he'd do as they asked his form sitting down. The shop had a nice umbrella above it.

He sat in the shade it provided, today's sun was nice. The clouds were moving about and no signs of rain. So that was always a good thing, he had another interest here. To recruit her to the Combat Division. He could bring her in and begin building the Division.

Slow progress had to be made, that was the key element here. Shinryu had made a mess of many things. So it made his duty difficult in the long run. But for now, progress was clear, and if he kept going.

He'd have the military prepared, they would be ready when needed. That was the goal for him in this and all of it. Get them ready for whatever threat they may face. Something made his past wounds ache. His body felt something coming on the horizon. But he didn't know what it would be, a change would be coming someday.

Someday soon, things would be changing into a different world. They needed to keep training, purpose, and breaking through each person's demons or inner troubles. His duty was almost like being a shrink and an instructor. But, the girl's name was Hime he pondered if this place would suit her.

He liked Dango, he ate it often as a Crow normally you'd never see him without one. He'd heard good things about her around the Rukongai, that was all that mattered. Not the elder's opinion of a strong woman. The type of person was all the more important.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
How do you Heal a Broken Blade? Left_bar_bleue0/0How do you Heal a Broken Blade? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

How do you Heal a Broken Blade? Empty Re: How do you Heal a Broken Blade?

Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:54 am

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

For a reformed criminal to invite the attention of a minor noble family was something that seemed almost preposterous in concept. The Soul Society was not bereft of its fair share of situations that could be deemed odd but this was far beyond the measure of those events. Repeating it within her mind once again - she had received an invitation to meet with the leader of the Kobayashi family. The graceful shinigami read the contents of the letter twelve times over. There was no mockery in the content, no indication that this might've been forged by the hands of someone trying to play a prank at her expense. It was genuine. Hime leaned back within her table, tapping her fingers against her chin. There was no use in trying to persuade herself otherwise. She would accept the invitation and sent the letter back to confirm that she was interested in the proposal.

Hime had prepared a meal in advance while she settled into her morning routine. Even something like a morning routine seemed so odd compared to those days of being locked up in prison. Nevertheless, Hime had dressed within her favored clothing and made her way towards Rukongai. With lunchbox in hand, she had quickly arrived within the promised location. She had no proper opinion of noble or minor noble families - so she hardly questioned why Yoshitsune had decided to meet within this location. Catching him within the corner of her eye, Hime had tapped the sides of her dress and walked over with a graceful gait that came naturally to her - one might even call it the gait of a noble in spite of her possessing no such titles.

Sitting down under the shade across from him, she smiled softly and decided to speak.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Captain Kobayashi."

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s
Anonymous

Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

"Hime Tatsuumiya, a woman who's services have a high demand..or so the elders told me." His mouth turned into a smile, a genuine one. He leaned forward now, having been sitting back. Enjoying a respite from the place and the world around them. He didn't know why they sent him, but he guessed he'd address the elephants in the room. As they were numerous and likely had her bewildered and confused.

"The letter is real, the offer is genuine for you to join our family. I'd imagine you have a lot of questions, nobles aren't shown in a good light from the places you and I come from are they?" He said as he knew full well, neither of them came from money. Yoshitsune, no Jaeden fought and clawed for every scrap. He lived in the bottommost rung. The ladder, but when the time came for a change.

He snatched it with both hands and didn't look back. So now it was time to inform her of the differences, he may as well spill the beans. He didn't mind sharing and being honest with her here. Nobody prying or listening in would know the fact. Truthfully even if they did, those here did not care.

"I was adopted in as well, I came from the Crow family which grew out in the poor districts of the Rukongai. While I was previously a Captain and leader in the Vizard Corps, my record was far from sparkling. Due to family choices made by those close." He wanted to pause and give her time to ask questions.

"They want to extend a second chance to you as well, I'm also willing to extend a similar chance to the Gotei. My Squad is the Combat Division, the Kobayashi family strive for virtue and honor. We live out here in the Rukongai, our main house and duty are to protect the innocent. " He said softly explaining the situation, the offer on the table. What the adoption meant, this was her chance for another one.

"Whatever the case, even should you turn it down my offer remains. I will clear your name to the best of my capabilities. I can't promise something will change right away, it may take decades or months. That is the only vow on my honor I can give you, regardless of you joining us or not." Dialog and discussion were the keys to anything in this world.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
How do you Heal a Broken Blade? Left_bar_bleue0/0How do you Heal a Broken Blade? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:37 am

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

The Combat Division captain had confirmed that the letter was indeed genuine. Hime had observed the letter enough to come to the same conclusion but hearing the words from his mouth was a pleasant confirmation nevertheless - flattering, even.

He had curiously wondered if she had any particular questions on the subject of being pursued by a minor noble family, admitting that they weren't viewed in a particularly graceful light. Hime nodded in agreement as she gazed at the combat division leader with a composed grace. Hime had been blessed with being born in a more peaceful area of Rukongai.

Even so, she was no stranger to the concepts of those who lived in the bottommost regions, where fighting and possessing the necessary skills of a fighter were chief tools for survival. Hime's lips formed into a fascinated smile as she listened to Yoshitsune's brief history of his upbringing.

He then spoke of the Kobayashi and the second chance they wished to offer her. Honorable virtue and protecting the innocent - such noble intent certainly spoke to Hime's nurturing heart.

On the subject of clearing her name? There was no need for the family to go to such lengths. Abalia had freed her from prison and she served as her bodyguard though she was certainly free to pursue other ventures if her heart desired. Everyone regarded her in the first division as a mentor with a motherly heart. If Yoshitsune had wished to appeal to washing away her record, it was hardly something that would - in terms of negotiation - be a home run. There was a mutual interest, however. There was no denying that. The particular part about extending a similar chance in the Gotei is what stood out the most.

"Ah, Yoshitsune-san. I commend your family for aiming to clear my name and paint me in a grandstanding light but the Captain-Commander has done more than enough to clear my name. She freed me, after all. That said, there is mutual interest here..."

Hime would open her lunchbox as she offered him some of the food she had prepared. It was a delicious serving of Takoyaki along with seasoned rice and grilled, thinly cut pieces of steak. Once again, her habit of preparing more food than was necessary had come back to haunt her. Hopefully, he would ease the burden. Hime decided to continue, speaking in a professional tone wholly befitting of her graceful image.

"Honor and Virtue is something I once held close to my heart but discarded in a bid to find solace and affirmation in the arms of men who sought to destroy this realm. If the Kobayashi fights for such a noble goal, I am willing to consider - if not outright - accepter the offer of adoption. The Rukongai is my "hometown" as the humans call it on earth. But there are two questions that I wish to ask, to give me as clear an understanding as anything else. "

Hime leaned forward, gazing into the captain's clear blue eyes.

"Why me? There are certainly other candidates that would've fit the ideal image of what you seek. Pardon me if it appears that I speak of myself in a self-deprecating fashion but what led them to the conclusion that an infamous criminal from K-world is a suitable fit? Secondly, and this is the most important - just now, you spoke of extending a similar opportunity in the Gotei. What do you mean to imply by that? Again - the offer interests me and I would wish to join with the knowledge that this is genuine and that I am truly a part of a family other than a token or charity case to parade around."

There it was. Hime had given Yoshitsune a chance to move ahead in this negotiation process and secure a victory. To close this deal, he would have to be poised and answer her with nothing but genuine sincerity in his tone and his words.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:33 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

She answered and kept a cool head, despite the offer. She was an excellent person, her character couldn't be brought low. He remained quiet as she peered into his eyes, they didn't waver. A lifetime of experience was in them, he had scars that ran deep.

Maybe as deep as hers, if not deeper. "Very well, This is a conjecture on my part. The Kobayashi family is a matriarchal family, lead by powerful and strong-willed women. Have been for a long time, their patriarch rules as a second in command most of the time. But given my presence, the power balance in the family is in a state of change."

He didn't mind sharing what he thought might be the problem. Though he couldn't say for sure after all this was merely a new person's outlook. "I believe, they may be looking to counterbalance my adoption. To please older members of the family, who still believe in the Kobayashi men as servants. " He paused making sure she followed so far, he didn't want to confuse her with this family's odd dynamics.

"They are smart those three, I would say if I had to guess. You and I are the ones who are being chosen for leading it. They are aware of what adopting spoiled and weak-willed people brings. People like us, who've recently gained back the fires we extinguished for different reasons are rare. " He believed this firmly, that they were in need of a change. But needed people of strong character who'd seen the darker side.

"So the gamble they are taking, on yourself and myself is that due to the hell we've seen. We won't crumble before the pressure, I believe that is why you were chosen. Because we are very similar, at least that's what I believe. As for the other thing." He stopped as he considered how to put his next words carefully.

She had come and brought extra food, something he was rather happy about. As he'd not been able to enjoy a meal in a while. His work and duties kept him busy, but he could answer this question fully.

"I believe, perhaps more than anything as the Combat Division, our duty is to act as the first line of defense. We are the Captain-Commander's bodyguards and protectors. Our job is to prevent any harm from coming to her. With that in mind, I wanted to offer you a seated position in the Combat Squad. Our duties while obvious from the name. I believe hold a deeper value and meaning, we fight to protect the Soul Society and those who dwell within it. We are the first line of defense against those who'd bring harm to the Commander's desires." Realizing he'd gone on a bit a tangent in public his cheeks grew rosy.

Well, it was what he believed firmly. That the Combat Squad, while he'd not pretend he didn't enjoy the nature of a fight. He loved fighting strong people, the possibility of losing was enticing as well. Both he and Vait longed for such a competition, but for now, this would do.

"I apologize for that, I grow passionate when discussing my Squad. Without realizing much to my own embarrassment. "

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:16 am

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

Judging from his explanation and the passionate monologue of his division, Hime had concluded that the male head of the Kobayashi clan was a man who wore his heart on his sleeves. He did not view members as simply men or women in a workforce but as a true family.

This resonated with Hime more than the offer of being accepted into a noble family, minor or four. The charisma and admiration in his tone were undeniable. He held a vision within his mind not only for the Kobayashi family but his division as a whole. Hime displayed a graceful smile as she reached over and patted his face.

There was significant intrigue here but in order to accept his request, she felt that he had to know or wondered if he knew about who she was, this being their first official meeting. Her sense of honor would not allow her to feel as if she had gained a position in a division without earning it - even when it was offered to her.

Clearing her throat, she gazed into his eyes as she kept a composed posture. He was close to what he sought but there was but one more matter she wished to address.

"You have done more than enough to win me over, Yoshitsune-san. Were I but a fledgling woman with no positions prior, I would accept what you offer without pause. However, I don't prefer to have a position given to me without earning it. Yoshitsune... I was a terrible criminal once. More than many Shinigami could imagine. My name itself is one I am not particularly proud of... given the nature of why it was bestowed upon me. Those who were my enemies once knew me as the Princess of Death. I've killed many men and women in the past. There were those who may have deserved it and countless others who were innocent. I am no saint. That much has been established."

Hime gazed up at the sky before speaking of the vision she wished to impart upon the world.

"What I seek is to be what Abalia was to me. Someone who gave me a second chance even though it was risky and could've led to multiple judgments or opinions of the type of commander that she was. Or even Henrex Astillion. A warrior who, during his time as a captain, had genuinely felt there was a path to me being saved. There is a younger generation in the world. Warriors who don't know their place in such a terrifying realm."

Hime pointed her finger to the sky as if pointing towards the groups of people she spoke of. Those she wished to save.

"Warriors who question if the noble path is a great one or if they should let themselves be consumed within the evils or guilt that befalls them. I do truly believe that there is someone like a Yoshitsune or a Hime in the world, who've lost their way or experienced something that has crushed their spirits. I believe there are those who don't know their place in the world or let deceivers fool them into committing acts that do not truly define who they are or what they could become with the right people to guide them. If I am to join, I wish for you to join in on this vision with me. There are those in the Rukongai, those on earth, and various other places whose lives could be changed if they are given the tools to do so. So, I ask you but one question, Yoshitsune...."

She brought her finger down and gazed deep into his eyes, her amber orbs bearing down on him like a pair of fangs.

"Do you believe in my vision?"

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:50 am

FILLER TEXT HERE

He listened, feeling strings in his heart pulled. She plucked them like a fine harp player. His eyes closed as he leaned back, listening never interrupting her. Deciding to shed some light on himself as well. To go to that place he'd gone with nobody recently. Yoshitsune didn't so much suppress his emotions, as learn to live alongside them. The psychological trauma from his childhood, that remained close.

He could only at this moment present the possible future to those who sought it. A home where they could rest their heads. That was the goal of the Kobayashi, they weren't like other families. They aligned with her vision perfectly, his while different was still on a similar level. He sought something different, he didn't plan to provide that alone.

A saying once said, give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime. He was going to teach them, how to fish not just that. He wanted them to have the Kobayashi's resources small as they were. And the skill to survive and thrive in this world.

"Since the age of five, I've walked upon battlefields. As was the custom of the family I became the leader of. They sent children to face hollows and vagabonds. A test to see if they deserved to be kept. "
He said softly sighing, the bitter memory a sour taste in his mouth.

"When I got older, I learned quickly and tried to give people everything they wanted. I tried to please all and to make peace where I could and fight where I couldn't. Iriko Crow, a relative, that I failed to reach out to. Or rather I handed what he wanted, not what he needed." Satisfying what they want and not the need. It had been a problem in his life up until recently. Where he'd changed and begun working hard.

"You call it a Vision, I call it the reality that is. The Fourth Squadron is made up of people like that. The Kobayashi is made up of people who share that vision. I believe your vision will be true, but I also believe. That we must teach your vision as much as a guide. I can promise you this, regardless if you join the Squad or the Family. I will pursue your Vision, as it is the one my eyes hold in the distance."

This was the truth, he didn't see it as a vision but a reality that he sculpting right now. So the question remained, he would ask her this and not about the family or the Squad.

"This path will be a long one, I hope I have your company on it Tatsumiya-san" No matter her choice, she would have his support. He would help her however he could to pave a path that would show just how much one could do in redemption.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:45 am

ATONEMENT FOR THY SINS

HIME TATSUMIYA

Yoshitsune was willing to oblige her request and join her on her path towards liberating the fallen.

To know that he shared her worldview, Hime could do nothing but smile at that revelation. Indeed, he was every bit a spirit of honor as she believed him to be.

The way he spoke about his division or his life was absolutely genuine. She would have to speak with Abalia on the particulars but Hime had made her decision.

The graceful shinigami would join Yoshitsune on his path towards a bright future. There was no reason to keep playing hardball or placing her negotiating cards on the table anymore. He had won her over.

"I will write a formal acceptance but between us, I accept the request to join the Kobayashi family as well as the combat division. I hope that I can be of great assistance to you as we all build towards a future where the fallen and discarded can stand in the sunlight without shame."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum