Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:25 pm
The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Banner-Rio2

Rio Shihoin | Defender of the Family

Rio nodded her head politely, smiling with grace as she finished the rest of her burger, guiding the plate back towards the counter for the waiter to pick up. Rio turned to Erchanhardt and understood how difficult it would be to give an entire life's worth of a story. Rio could hardly say she'd be able to do the same herself. Still, curiosity ate away at her like a shark craving fresh meat. There was so much she found interesting that she simply had to know how this wise man came to be.

"That is fair. If it is but a sample, I think it'd be fulfilling enough to at least get a sense of where you came from or how your ideals came to be. Even if that can't be done over history, I wholly intend to come away from this day looking at you in the same light as Yugiri does, though I hardly feel I need convicing by this point. If nothing else, you'll get to see a Shihoin play the piano once all is said in done."

END POST | Unfaltering Shielder
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:59 am
The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 30puOuO

ERCHANHARDT

"I see. A fragment of this story which best defines me, hm?"

There was, of course, only one answer. One which ate at his mind as he contemplated how best to respond, his demeanor still calm and pensive. To an observer, it simply seemed as though he were thinking through a rather long catalogue of memories, but the truth was that he could only see one, endlessly repeating itself.

"I suppose there are many tales that I could tell, but I should think that the proudest story is that of my daughter."

It was, at least for him, unquestionably a deflection, but it nevertheless answered Rio's answer with a truthful statement. It was just as well that he could speak about his daughter so proudly.

"She was born over four centuries ago, and yet I can still so vividly recall holding her in my arms for the first time, watching her take those first steps. I have been through many journeys, but I believe having watched her grow into the woman that she is now is my proudest by far."

END POST | WILLE ZUM LEBEN
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:54 pm

As Rio listened to the fragments Erchanhardt was willing to share, she found herself awed by the loving tone with which he spoke about his daughter. It made her reflect on how much of a pain she may have been to her father growing up. A faint smile formed on her face as she thought of the days she'd complain and how he would welcome her with loving arms or appease her with a meal. She had truly hoped that Yushiro held that same pride in her in the afterlife. Musing on her own memories, she smiled as she commented on how fond it was to hear him speak.

"I am no parent but - just now, the way you spoke of your daughter with such pleasant memories... I found myself reflecting on the times I spent with my own father. I recall seeing you at his funeral. Even though I am quite sure Yugiri told you about him, he was a gentle spirit. I miss him even now. I hope I was as much of a joy to him as your daughter was to you."

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Protector and The Mentor(Rio/Erchhardt)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:40 pm

ERCHANHARDT

"Ah, yes, I did accompany her. She certainly spoke highly of him, and I consider it thoroughly unfortunate that I was never able to meet him. I think it is a noble outlook to wish for such a relationship with one's father. Should you ever find yourself in Karakura City, you ought to seek out my daughter. I suspect she would enjoy speaking with you."

Erchanhardt hadn't spoken with Ada in a few years now, but it was rather nice to feel as though he was involving himself in her life, even if only in the most minor of ways. There was nothing compelling Rio to go and meet her, but even so, the option was now present.

"Parenthood is a blessing, I think. For whatever the words of an old man are worth, I feel certain that you were indeed a light in his life."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 pm

"I certainly wouldn't mind meeting her, Erchanhardt. If you are anything to go by, I am certain I will equally enjoy her presence as much as I have enjoyed yours so far."

Rio smiled as she tapped at a piano key and nodded her head. To make one's parent proud and show them the fruit of their investments in a child's development - Rio held such a notion to be a universal truth, especially if their parents loved and cherished their kin. She tapped at another key before reflecting on her own upbringing.

"Even though I am a symbol of composure and aim to be an example for my family to go by, I'll say in my case, I caused my father some trouble. I'm glad you think that I was a light in his life."

Somewhat absentmindedly she began to faintly play the piano, wondering if there was anything Erchanhardt may have wanted to speak about.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:26 pm

ERCHANHARDT

"Well, I must warn you that she is not so much like myself. Perhaps only in those ways which are worthy of praise, I must say. A bit more cheer, much more confidence in the most minor of choices. She is certainly a free spirit, I suppose."

Though the haunting thought of his now-looming conversation with Yugiri was more than a touch worrying, to speak on the matter of his daughter was calming enough that he could, if briefly, feel calm for the future.

"All children cause their parents some trouble. That is simply a part of raising a child. But even those difficulties become cherished memories as time passes."

Though it felt the conversation was coming to an end, it was pleasant to simply sit in a tranquil place such as this, and to hear the piano gently play. He was, certainly, in no rush to depart just yet.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:34 pm

"Ah, well, I have had my experiences with free spirits," Rio would quip as she seamlessly played the piano while maintaining a conversation with the studious man beside her. It was a reference to her sister, Chidori. She took free spirit to an entirely new level. Her mind wavered on one goal and often moved onto the next. She would like to believe she has changed in that aspect but she can't control those things in her life.

"My sister - perhaps Yugiri has told you about her - Chidori is a free spirit. However, I've always disagreed with her way of going about things. Erchanhardt... did you ever bear more children than your daughter? Did any of them have a Sibling's quarrel?" Rio pleasantly smiled at the wise man as she chuckled. It was fun to recollect on the few times she did spend with her sister. They were a competitive sort, certainly.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:37 pm

ERCHANHARDT

"I have heard a bit about her, Yes. Given your closeness with Yugiri, I suppose it does not surprise me too terribly much that your stance would be similar to hers."

It wasn't exactly Erchanhardt's place to speak on such things, perhaps, but he did feel it would be strange not to acknowledge the truth of the matter. He had spoken with Yugiri on a great many topics, and this was one of them. Though, of course, it only reminded him once more that he had not told Yugiri the truth.

"Unfortunately, I cannot quite offer words of advice on that particular topic. I have only Adalwolfa, so far as children. Sibling rivalry was not much concern in our house."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am

"That is fine. I merely wished to give you insight into my own history or a fragment of it, since you were so kind to give me a piece of your own." Rio would transition into playing the piano more fondly, playing a familiar piece she had learned on earth. She felt it was only fair to share her own experiences.

"Well, history isn't exactly what I mean, I suppose. You speak of your daughter with pride. And I use to think that for the longest time, I would view my sister in a similar light. Someone, I could always go to and say; "That's my sister and she's the greatest Shihoin who ever lived." And yet, life didn't go that way. Stubbornly, as a child, I think part of why I made things difficult for my father is my constant ire towards my sister's absence. I think, looking back on it, I spent so much time being angry that I feel... that I feel as if I never truly got to enjoy the moments that mattered with my father."

Rio would pause for a moment, tapping at one key in particular.

"Things weren't entirely a lost cause, in the end. Yugiri was brought into our home and I just gravitated towards her. Fate has an odd way of things working out. I wonder if my sister stayed, would things have been different... It's interesting to think on, sometimes. "

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:48 pm

ERCHANHARDT

"We do not always see the bonds of family remain so ironclad as we might hope. Though, I suppose, that is what makes men wonder what defines family to begin with. Many have defined it simply through birth, but ultimately, is this all that makes that distinction?"

Even without speaking on any of his life's story to Rio, it was easy to see that this was something Erchanhardt had considered a great deal. Of course he had. How might a man with such blood on his own hands not wonder on the bonds of family? But, of course, he would not speak on the macabre truth of the past.

"I consider Yugiri to be my family. She is more dear to me than many of my own flesh and blood. There are those times in which we must struggle with relationships among our kin, and I am sure that your father knew this as well. We cannot always say that our relatives are dear to us, no matter how gravely we might wish it be so. Your father was willing to cast Yugiri out, after all. It is tragic, of course, but I think it may grant you some solace to know that your anger was surely something that he understood well."

Despite having never met Yushiro Shihoin, it was fairly easy for Erchanhardt to imagine himself in the deceased patriarch's position. His empathy, and his closeness to Yugiri, made him feel rather assured in asking questions which he might normally have considered too forward.

"Do not feel compelled to answer, if you do not wish, but I must ask whether you still hold that anger toward your sister. Do the difficulties that came with her absence still weigh upon you?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum