Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Empty The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto]

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:59 am
The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Tomoe-header

MAKOTO | VOICE OF THE SWORD

It was one of those days. The days where she would slip out during her free time from her duties which she kept herself firmly to. Never did she take time to relax, frankly there was nothing worth taking a break for except for reading or being alone but in that time she could continue training and trying to improve her skills.

A goal like that kept her focus away from other matters. If she could dedicate every ounce of her being to this trivial goal of becoming the most powerful Shinigami then she could be content with what she was using her spite as an energy for.

Away from everyone it meant that she had no distractions, her head was clear of all the negative baggage she carried around and she could vent her frustrations at her mistakes in peace. She repeated the kata with her zanpakuto, again and again until it felt right. Trying not to miss any lapse in rhythm or error that might slip through into her form until it felt right. Though the swinging of the sword in the air did show flaws in the form of her swordsmanship which someone of my experience might notice.

"One, Two, Three..."

She uttered the numbers like a cadence to count to herself and filling the air with the soft words. With how engrossed in her own little world it wasn't like she was paying attention to the other people around her.

END POST | ONE WORD, ONE SWING

The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Gamma_Signature
The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] CHARACTER_LISTThe People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREADThe People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue101000/99999999The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Empty Re: The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto]

Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:50 pm

THE GAME MASTER

Kyoraku Shunsui

The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] 6EdIfMt

Song: Mysterious [Bleach OST] - Artist: Shiro Sagisu

Shunsui looked on for more than a few moments at the young Shinigami before him. Today he had decided to relax, and enjoy some time to himself under the warm sun, the fragrant smell of flowers wafting through the air. He had planned to do nothing at all, and simply soak up the rejuvenating nature of peacefulness. However, he happened to notice this young woman, seemingly very intent on her craft. He was sure that she was under no official orders to continue this endeavor, and from what he could tell, she wasn't so terrible that it was absolutely necessary for her to practice in her own free time, but she did certainly have flaws.

He watched for a few more minutes, before he decided that it would be untowards to allow her to continue to practice in such a way that would damage her future growth, at least in some, albeit small, way, so he began to approach her. She didn't seem to notice him, even as he grew nearer and nearer, until eventually he decided that it was past time to speak up.

"And what is a beautiful young woman like yourself doing practicing out here all by herself? Do you not have a Captain to train you? What a shame."

He spoke naturally, as he always did. His voice contained no hint of any emotion other than, perhaps, laziness, and a small amount of intrigue. He did not want to immediately call attention to the fact that she was performing her kata incorrectly, as he did not wish to be rude. He first wanted to find out more about this young woman, and if it seemed reasonable, he would offer his own assistance.

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Empty Re: The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto]

Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:24 am

Being so absorbed in her little world where her focus was entirely on the sword. Makoto had none of her senses directed outwards as the veteran approached her. Sword, body, thoughtlessness. That was where she was. It was medative almost while sinking into a sea of her own desire to improve and succeed. Moments like these were peaceful, like transient pieces of time where she could forget her scorn.

"Huh?"

Then it all came tumbling down, all gone was her serenity with the sound of someone interrupting her and making her grip tighten in anger. It took a moment to settle herself down and not react impulsively. Sure, the first thing that came to mind was gut whatever person had to audacity to interupt her but she made a great effort to restrain herself. No one got anywhere by losing their composure.

"Why would a captain waste their time with- Shit."

Her voice carried a lot of scorn but caught in her throat when she understood who she was face-to-face with, well it was actually more like face-to-chest given the size disparity between the man and herself. She was a little insecure about her height and stature. It wasn't imposing.

"S-sir. Forgive my bad manners, I didn't know it was you. I wouldn't wish to waste my Captain's time. I don't think it is a captain's responsibility to micromanage their subordinates. It has been a while since I served under you though, sir."

The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] CHARACTER_LISTThe People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREADThe People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue101000/99999999The People We Meet At the Park [Shunsui/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:43 am

THE GAME MASTER

Kyoraku Shunsui

"Why would a Captain waste their time with shit indeed."

Shunsui observed the woman before him carefully for a few more moments.

"Why would a Captain waste time to ensure that their subordinates are on the right track? I think you already know the answer to that. If you're doing something wrong, it should be brought up immediately, otherwise you're likely to continue with your misunderstanding."

"You are right, it isn't a Captain's job to micromanage their subordinates, but it is a Captain's job to ensure that their subordinates are on the right track, which should be of the utmost importance. I hope you haven't forgotten that, as I'm sure it was a large part of my teachings."

Shunsui thought for a long while on how his former underling was progressing.

"I understand that you would like to be independent, and that you don't wish to interfere with your Captain's actions, but you must realize that you do more harm than good when you continue to practice methods that put the organization at a disadvantage. Or perhaps you didn't realize and imagined that you were doing everything correctly, in either scenario, you've been let down. Above all else, it is a Captain's duty to monitor the progress of those who serve them, and you would do well to remember that.

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 am

"H-huh."

It caught her off guard to hear the curse said back to her. Makoto blushed a bit, even if he was her former captain she was still embarrassed to utter it in front of him even aside from that he was still the guardian of her current captain.

"I agree, sir. Well, with a lot of those points. I suppose I do try to hide away and isolate myself for my own training but I try and continue studying at the Academy and continue to get my own material."

Makoto gave it a couple of moments to think on his words, he had identified something wrong about her form. She ought to correct it, she hated when she got things wrong and let mistakes fall into her process. It'd be stupid of her to not ask about it.

"What exactly was I doing wrong? I thought I was doing the techniques correctly."

Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:34 am

THE GAME MASTER

Kyoraku Shunsui

"Here, I'll show you."

Having said that, Shunsui took up a rather provocative position. He stood behind her, placing both of his hands over her own, in such a way as to control her every motion.

"You're doing this"

He said, as he mimicked her movements from before he'd interrupted.

"What you should be doing, is this."

After having said this, he directed her in such a way as to mimic the perfect form. This was something she would never have experienced before, as it was his own personal understanding of what swordsmanship meant. He was incredibly focused, and everything he did was in line with what you would expect from someone who had been practicing for over two thousand years.

You have to feel what your blade feels. It sounds clichéd, but there's no other way to explain it. You must be attuned to your Zanpakuto, and when you are, everything will become clear. I know that you think that you already are, but you have a long way to go. When you've truly become one with your sword, you will know. You will understand all that I've said, and it will seem as if it the simplest thing in the world. I may be the most qualified to teach you of this, and I have no problem doing so, if you think you're ready. So, that becomes the question. Are you?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:53 am

The sudden intimacy of the position didn't sit well with her. Old wounds from memories from years ago, it really took her focus away from the whole lesson he was trying to impart onto her. With how tense she was against his body it wasn't really hidden how uncomfortable she was.

"... I see, sir."

She responded to the way he moved her body and showed her the correct form, though there was something personal about it she thought. Not a connection between them being in this position but between Shunsui and the form he had her in. Now some distance though, Makoto did try to gently work herself away so that she could stand and face him.

"I disagree, I do not think my zanpakuto and I are attuned, I have only recently acquired shikai and there is still much I need to learn from it. I would not be against someone as esteemed as yourself teaching me Zanjutsu, sir. I would appreciate it quite a bit, really."

Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:11 am

THE GAME MASTER

Kyoraku Shunsui

Shunsui could feel that the position didn't sit well with her, but he truly had no other intention than showing her the correct form. When she began to move away, he obviously did nothing to stop her. He understood boundaries, even if he himself was rather loose with them. He listened to her speak, and realized that he might have misjudged her. She seemed more attuned to her actual ability than she thought she was. This was, obviously, a good thing, but it wasn't as common as it should have been as of late.

"Ah, then you know where you stand. If you can keep that ability, it will be one of the greatest you'll ever have. It doesn't take much power to consider yourself powerful, but it takes a lot of wisdom to understand that your power is not all that it could be, and that level of wisdom increases with your ability. If I can teach you anything, I hope for that to be it."

He paused for a moment, rubbing the scraggly hair that made up his beard.

"Esteemed? I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just an old man with too much time on his hands. I do what I can to help."

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:07 am

It wasn't anything particularly special to her, it was just the way she thought about things. If she wanted to be the ideal shinigami and follow the drunken but wise ramblings of that Iba guy from the more social spots of the Seireitei. He seemed to have quite some weight despite his seemingly relaxed lifestyle. A shinigami should strive to improve all facets of their four schools, not just be content and because of that she was always critical of herself.

Though, from his response she determined that he was just as critical or not willing to let his past achievements ear him an ego. Makoto did suppose that she liked that about him, people that had big egos by letting things get to their head had a way of rubbing her the wrong way.

"If you insist though I am curious about what you've been filling your time with since you decided to move on, Captain."

She didn't need to call him that but it felt like a formality to do so, it wasn't like she was going to just pretend he didn't have a well established background to him despite the way he fobbed it off.

Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:31 am

THE GAME MASTER

Kyoraku Shunsui

"If I insist? I don't think I insisted at all. Actually, I feel like I was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing." It seems like you're more eager to learn than you're willing to let on. But that's alright, I've dealt with all different kinds of students in my day.

Shunsui drew his Zanpakuto and became a bit more tense. It was obvious that he was prepared for a fight. Whether that was a spar or not was up for debate, although this was simply the feeling he gave off. In reality, he would be holding back a vast majority of his power. Still, he felt that the contest should hold full weight, and so that was what he gave it.

"If you can prove to me that it would be in any way worth my time to train you, then I will teach you everything that I know. If not... well, it will be a fun afternoon, I suppose."

Shunsui was as serious as he could be in a sparring match, although he didn't draw his second Zanpakuto. One should prove to be more than enough in this situation. He was, however, curious as to what the young woman in front of him would think about the matter. She was obviously inexperienced, and this was one of the main things that he intended to address. He certainly couldn't fix it in a day, but he could put her on the right path, and in his mind, that was more than enough.

"A friendly spar, so that I can judge the ability that you already possess?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum