Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Empty Re: Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto]

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 am
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Tomoe-header

MAKOTO | VOICE OF THE SWORD

Makoto did as she asked, she repeated the same strike again and again until Abalia was finally able to catch it. Frustration wasn't in her nature, she could never be frustrated with another person more than herself and she had accepted this training session. In a way, because it was Abalia she could have her repeat this all night and she wouldn't protest or even take a break until she was told stop or Abalia had achieved her goal of intercepting the strike to her chest.

If she persisted to struggle Makoto took the initiative for her, rather than repeating the same endless cycle she would let Abalia try it against her and see how she reacted. Given that she wasn't pregnant the idea of her being the punching bag was remarkably more comforting to think about as well. Not that she'd voice those concerns, she'd just keep them in mind and control herself.

END POST | ONE WORD, ONE SWING

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Gamma_Signature
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Empty Re: Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto]

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:42 am
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 XaNsDFO

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

Though it took far longer than most likely would have liked, and she found herself with an impressive degree of bruising before she succeeded, Abalia nevertheless did manage to finally intercept Makoto's strike after a great deal of effort, and of course a few blows thrown toward Makoto as well to better understand the technique in question. Though she was satisfied with that outcome, there was a clear discontent in her expression.

"Thank you for bearing with me, Miss Arima. I am a touch disappointed that this took such a degree of your time, but your patience is greatly appreciated."

Offering a bow of thanks to Makoto, the Captain Commander gave no immediate indication that she was actually in a fair bit of pain from her repeated efforts. After all, that was inconsequential at the moment.

"I would very much like to continue, if you are still willing. I fully understand that you would likely wish to address other techniques and stances, and I would as well."

END POST | JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:55 am
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Tomoe-header

"It's fine. I don't have any plans beyond this for tonight anyway. Time spent helping you isn't time wasted, regardless."

She reassured Abalia, it felt a little heavy on her shoulders to hear this woman who was just so many leagues over her in fortitude that she felt disappointed to impact her like that. How strange that was, she always expected people to be selfish but that wasn't really Abalia. Her actions had spoke so drastically over the years she had served underneath her that Makoto couldn't say she thought Abalia was like the people she hated. It was a compliment but also eerie to feel. It was a little unsettling to consider sometimes.

"Of course."

Makoto didn't give her any warning this time, instead her hand shot out and stopped a centimetre from Abalia's eye. It wasn't really a technique that had any practical value beyond training, it was Makoto's most practiced one though. A technique that required her to control her intent to harm, judge distance, calculate everything and execute all within such a short amount of time and stop in such a way that it caused someone to recoil out or fall over out of surprise.

Tainoumeiseki required one to be keenly aware of mind and body, if the target had a good grasp of the fundamental then they wouldn't flinch because their mind would judge immediately that the attack wouldn't land and therefore the body didn't need to react. Makoto had made a few subordinates she was training be quite shaken once when they genuinely feared their eye might've been destroyed in an attack.

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Gamma_Signature
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:15 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"No? I have found that it is not ideal to spend the entirety of one's time or efforts on a single aim for an extended period. Even if we find ourselves achieving more in the immediate, we will invariably be met with resistance, from both the body and the psyche. Even I am not able to pursue a single course singlemindedly without detriment on my overall progress. Please do consider your well-being, for both your own sake and that of the Gotei."

Abalia could certainly tell that Makoto had already been here for some time, and while it was admirable to aim only for improvement, she had been forced to come to terms with the truth; it was, quite frankly, not practical. She had no concern for her own well-being, but she did certainly care about results.

Ah--Abalia realized in a fraction of a second that Makoto's hand was moving to strike her once more. She had not, however, been prepared for it, and so rather than any physical response, which certainly would have been far too slow, her natural reaction was one far quicker. When Makoto's hand came near Abalia's eye, it was met only with the most piercing stare of which the Captain Commander was capable. It lasted for only a moment, as Abalia quickly reined back her natural defensive instinct, but the effects of such an overwhelming degree of authority would certainly have killed lesser men on the spot, and Abalia's eyes displayed the faintest degree of worry at Makoto's state, certainly more emotion than she tended to show in a professional environment.

"My deepest apologies, Miss Arima."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:31 am

"I appreciate the concern ma'am but I am quite alright."

Impractical, that she knew, the same way she knew it had consequences on her wellbeing. She certainly had moments of passing out from fatigue and waking up in a pained state on the floor of her quarters and even used kaido at times to push herself to further extremes. Makoto was fine, she had yet to end up in the hospital yet regardless of how close she had come at times before.

Then her strike yielded unexpected results, what she expected to happen and what did happen were two different things. Her chest and throat felt tight, it was like without even moving Abalia had gripped her by the throat and started to choke her while the other hand had broke through her rib and wrapped it's fingers around her heart. For a faint moment her heart did stop and made her wonder if this was the start of a heart attack. The perfectly still hand in front of Abalia's eye had started shaking though it could not get any closer even if Makoto had wanted it.

The effects almost mirrored the effects of high levels of reiatsu on weaker souls but Abalia had admitted as such that she had none and it wasn't an unknown fact that there was very little spiritual power in the Captain Commander but Makoto had never imagined that her mental power could generate something so intense that it almost made the idea of her having spiritual power redundant.

"It's.. okay ma'am. A strike like that is the best way to judge someone's expression of Tainoumeiseki and the relationship between mind and body."

Makoto took a moment to recover, her words a bit slow before regaining their usual professionalism. She had never really met anyone who successfully handled her testing strike, they'd always recoil or try to intercept it but Abalia didn't even flinch and then proceeded to attack without even moving.

"The pressure you exert is truly one that deserves praise."

To achieve an effect like that with spiritual pressure was one thing, but pure mental fortitude was jarring.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:59 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

Even if Makoto maintained that she was well, Abalia was not a fool. She was all too aware of the effects that her will could have on others, and she certainly did not relish the thought of having put a model subordinate under such strain. Despite Makoto insistence that she was well, Abalia nevertheless moved to check on her, feeling her pulse and placing a hand on her forehead.

"Be that as it may, Miss Arima, it is unacceptable to subject you to that pressure, particularly given you have already worked yourself quite intensely."

Only after she had ascertained that Makoto was not in immediate danger of collapsing, or worse, did she remove her hands and step back. Her eyes, however, remained a degree of firmness to them as she continued speaking.

"We are finished with training for the day, Miss Arima. I will personally ensure that proper time is taken for you to recuperate. Understood?"

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:12 am

Despite the physical state bouncing back with her own mental fortitude, nowhere near as impressive but not exactly negligble, able to get herself to a state of calm. Her mind still did think about the feeling for a moment in this room Abalia's size was far beyond the confines of her body. The idea of someone who could materialise that as a weapon would not easily leave her mind.

"Uh. Of course, ma'am. If that's what you insist we can stop training."

Makoto did wince a little at the idea of taking it easy, how could she ensure that that kind of thing didn't take her off guard if she stopped now. She was so focused that having Abalia's hands on her or even the proximity occur took a moment to register. This was the woman she respected the most, a rolemodel of sorts, taking the time to care about her wellbeing.

It felt strange receiving the treatment though, normally she was insisting someone stop because they would hurt themselves trying to keep up. Makoto didn't have an ego though, nor did she have it in her to go against orders like these. It still did get her pulse a little high from the proximity, not from the shock but it might read as that.

"P-personally? Ahaha, ma'am you don't need to do that. I assure you I can get back to my quarters myself."

Makoto didn't really understand it exactly, what did it mean for her to personally ensure the time is taken for her care? Was she going to supervise her or monitor her? That caught her off-guard to imagine a superior waiting on her, she just meant help her back though. That's what Makoto thought and decided to check.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:34 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

Abalia did indeed suspect that the heightened pulse had been from potential shock, and had every intention of watching the woman until she was certain that she would be in an acceptable state. Given her obvious inclination to push herself, that may have been some time.

"I have no doubt of that. However, I would like to ensure that you do not strain yourself further in the wake of this. I understand well the inclination to ignore potential threats to one's health for the sake of duty, so I feel it necessary that I ensure you take this time to recover."

Her voice was uncompromising, and it was rather clear that she would not take no for an answer. Ah, but with that said...she could very nearly hear Minerva chiding her for speaking so clinically to a woman that she was attempting to help relax. Considering the situation for a moment, Abalia then spoke again, with the faintest degree less formality and authority in her tone.

"I ought to rest as well, given the training we have done and the unfortunate realities of pregnancy. It would be preferable not to take such a rest alone, would you not agree?"

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:04 am

"Of course."

It was all she could say to that, Abalia's word on what was necessary was law after all. As both the superior officer role she commanded and just the matter of having such esteem from her as an individual. Makoto couldn't, nor would she go against that which was only further struck with the authority in her voice.

She nodded when Abalia started speaking again, she was following. Abalia should rest, especially because she was pregnant. That sounded right for Makoto and then she paused her nodding a little abrupt when she heard the next part. What was this talk about not resting alone? Why was she being asked if she agreed!? The blush formed before she could truly suppress it. What did she mean, rest together!?

"Excuse me?"

There was a tear between nodding along and agreeing with her superior, not because of that rank difference but because it was Abalia and the other factor was that she interpreted this as sleeping.. together. How else did one rest after training or physical exertion if not by taking some time to sleep.

"... I suppose so?"

She sounded unsure, so unsure because she was. Maybe more clarity would be obtained if she just let Abalia lead the conversation and maybe passively fill in the details of her mind that would clear up any murkiness of the statement she was trying to figure out.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:25 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

Abalia, for her part, was unsure exactly wherein Makoto's confusion lied, but she was fairly certain that it was presumably on account of the aforementioned beginnings of shock. That really was thoroughly displeasing. She took pride in her work as Captain Commander, and to put her seated officer into this sort of state was completely unacceptable.

"I presume that you have the necessary ingredients for a meal in your quarters? Nourishment after strenuous activity is of course the highest priority."

She was generally not a sociable woman, and that made this particular situation rather difficult for Abalia. After all, she was not one who tended to consider how she ought to converse when work was not a topic she could discuss.

"I suspect I already know the answer to this question, but how do you generally fill your off-duty hours?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum