Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Empty Re: Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto]

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:36 am
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Tomoe-header

MAKOTO | VOICE OF THE SWORD

It didn't get any better, she was no closer to clarity than when she had started. Was she being toyed with? Abalia was not the type, no way. Makoto almost shook her head to get the unrealistic image out of her head, rather it occurred to her that Abalia just didn't understand where she was getting hung up about this.

"Of course I do."

She took pride in her cooking skills, surely the captain commander didn't intend to cook her a meal? This was going from bad to humiliating. Her superior officer and rolemodel in her quarters.. cooking her a meal.. she didn't know what to do in response. The fact she had mentioned Makoto's quarters specifically didn't go unnoticed either which added to her struggling attempts to not want to be overt and upfront. No way did she want to insult Abalia by asking her what she meant but she got no answers.

"What do you mean fill my off-duty hours? I sleep, I read, I engage with my fellow members of the division.. although, I can cook myself, I assure you. It's not necessary to do that for me, ma'am."

The things she did in her spare time almost seemed normal, if she had purposely left out that she read learning material rather than leisurely things and engaging with division members was trying to make herself remember they weren't evil and something she should loathe just for being people.

Makoto was still getting over the image of Abalia cooking for her, taking care of her even though she was perfectly fine in her own head. Well, as fine as Makoto could be really. Abalia wasn't her mother for one and the seated officer valued her ability to be able to function independently as much as possible, if she could teach herself to do it then she would so she didn't need to rely on people as much. They were welcome to rely on her though.

END POST | ONE WORD, ONE SWING

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Gamma_Signature
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Empty Re: Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto]

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:49 am
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 XaNsDFO

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"Very good."

Of course, Abalia had every intention of cooking a meal for Makoto. She felt responsible for the current situation, and as such it was only right that she assist in Makoto's recovery.

"Ah, you read? I would often do much the same in my free hours when I was unseated, though I have found I rarely have any such time now. Until recently I would also fill my small handful of free hours baking with my late husband, though I have not had much purpose to continue with that hobby now."

It wasn't exactly a sad tone that Abalia had as she spoke about her late husband, but it was at least fairly clear, even with her general unreadable nature, that she was not wholly cold on that topic. Of course, the manner in which she had almost casually brought up such a heavy topic only reinforced the general lack of social acumen she had. After all, to her it was all simply conversation.

END POST | JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:01 am
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Tomoe-header

Very good.. Just very good. Makoto knew she wouldn't win in a game of willpower but her mouth hung a little open. Not enough you would say her jaw dropped but Makoto definitely had her mouth slightly agape. How could she change the subject like that, now Makoto couldn't even speak in her defence. Abalia's assertive attitude and unitentional wit closed her mouth and put a stop to any protest.

Now she'd just feel bad trying to protest cooking for herself after Abalia casually mentioned her dead husband and that she liked to bake with him in her spare time. It didn't help it pushed home the clear inability to reject what was planned out for her. She's already seen what happens when Abalia's mind is made up, it's a heartstopper of a thing alright.

"Yes ma'am. I do."

Makoto stood up pretty well for a woman in shock and tried to keep her posture straight like it always was while leading the Captain Commander to her quarters. It wasn't that she was trying to be rude by not expanding on what she read, she was still trying to understand what was happening around her.

Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Gamma_Signature
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADDisturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Disturbingly Distant, Similarly Different [Abalia, Makoto] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:18 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"What do you read? I must admit that I would generally only read divisional reports or other such official documentation. I did, on occasion, read political treatises and the like. I doubt such things would be of interest to most others, of course."

It had hardly been intended as a slight, but if anything, it seemed quite clear that it was simply Abalia offering some small modicum of self-deprecation. She was, after all, abnormal. It would be dishonest of her to suggest otherwise.

"I do apologize again, Miss Arima. It was certainly not my intention to put you at such significant risk. I understand this may feel as though I am intruding into your day, but it would be both morally unjust and professionally irresponsible not to look after your well-being."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:29 am

"..."

Makoto was awkwardly silent for a bit when prompted what she read, it was hard to really meet Abalia's eye when she said her response. Wow, she sure was about to be labelled as a huge oddball. No wonder she heard the people say she reminded them of the Captain Commander, although not as strange. She never got it and would often scold them for doing so. It bugged her to get compared to Abalia a little bit, not out of envy or anything. It more bothered her that they were comparing Abalia to her. It was strange seeing these peculiar similarities.

"I like reading stuff like that as well. Usually old reports, I figure there's something I can get out of the thought process of the older generation... It's fine, I told you I'm fine ma'am, really."

She didn't really know what else to say, any argument she gave would probably be shut down in regards of being left to her own devices. When they got to her quarters and Makoto opened the door it was pristine. It was clear she took the time to regularly dust and clean it properly, everything was orderly and labelled where necessary. She took off her shoes and put them by the door out of habit and sat on the bed.

It felt strange to have another person in here, her superior no less and furthermore stranger to be sitting on her bed. Normally she only was on this thing to sleep.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:04 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"Oh, is that so? I am rather surprised to hear another would share my taste in reading material. It is reassuring, however. I completely understand the intention of understanding prior generations, particularly when matters of realm enforcement and legalism are considered."

Looking through Makoto's refrigerator and pantry. Abalia considered what exactly she could cook with this. The kitchen was indeed well-stocked, which made this easier. Well, this was not especially intended to be a refined meal, but rather to nourish, and so she began working on a pot of chankonabe, something she only had tended to make for her squadmates in the barracks years ago.

"I know you have said that you are well, Miss Arima, but I am nevertheless responsible for ensuring that is indeed the case. The nature of shock is not immediately apparent to victims."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:51 pm

"What do you mean? I'm sure plenty of people read similar material. It's a vast group of people after all."

Which she hated most of. Makoto just sat on her bed and tried to think, the words said previously by Abalia were not anywhere clearer. She still didn't understand what they might entail and that made her uncomfortable, she didn't like not knowing things. It bothered her.

"Well, yes. Though I am well versed in the nature of shock, I did pass basic medical training during my time in the Shino Academy, and have some extended learning from returning to study every now and again."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:19 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"Perhaps for official purposes, but I have found in my experience that very few read such texts solely of their own accord."

It was a fairly simple meal for Abalia to cook, all things considered, which in turn only made it that much easier to put all of her attention toward the conversation at hand. She did, after all, still fully intend on watching Makoto for any significant issues.

"Then you naturally understand why I wish to ensure your well-being, yes? It is not always easy to identify shock in oneself, and beyond this, I am the reason this concern has arisen. It is, therefore, my responsibility to do this."

Of course, Abalia did not wish to continually remind Makoto of the situation. As such, she simply shifted the topic of conversation away from it, though not in a manner which was wholly dismissive.

"I admire your continued study at the Academy, particularly into a field which does not directly relate to your division. Few shinigami seem to continue their studies after they have graduated, despite the wealth of knowledge available."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:07 am

"I suppose that is true, though I am still sure many due, given how vast and different everyone is within the Soul Society."

It was unfortunate that she wasn't making any headway with this, Makoto did at least appreciate that she was thoughtful and had a strong sense of responsibility. It was an admirable trait, if a little inconvenient to her at the moment. The food smelled nice though, a passing thought which made her think about how it'd been a long time since someone had cooked food for her.

"Of course. I enjoy the philosophy of former Vice-Captain Iba. There's a venue he frequents and will often speak of his philsophy for a shinigami. A shinigami should excel in all fields of their art, or aspire to reach as high a level as possible. It's an admirable way of life and one I decide to follow."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:58 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"Of course. I am speaking only in relative terms, rather than in terms of net volume. I think it would be quite beneficial if a higher proportion of the people pursued such things."

Setting the stew to simmer, Abalia turned her attentions now fully to Makoto, taking a polite seiza at the table as she kept her attention on the fellow white-haired woman. It did briefly strike her that Makoto was rather physically similar to herself, but such a completely inconsequential thought was quickly ignored.

"The former Vice Captain is an exceptionally respectable man. I have done my best to incentivize him to teach at the Academy, as I believe that his outlook would be tremendously helpful to younger shinigami."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum