Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Empty Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto]

Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:52 pm
Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] XaNsDFO

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

It was generally Abalia's policy that she would check on any of her subordinates who found themselves in serious injury. That was, however, generally because they had been injured in the line of duty. It was far less common that she needed, or wanted, to visit someone who had injured themselves on account of their own failures, but this was an uncommon subordinate. This was most apparent in the simple fact that Abalia, in all likelihood, would still have come to visit even without the responsibilities of command.

She did not feel what one might usually have anticipated in anger or irritation, of course, but perhaps disappointment was a touch accurate. Had they not spoken about the threat of straining oneself? It was almost insulting to Abalia that Makoto would act so counter to their conversation. Naturally, none stopped her from entering into the infirmary, and she approached her friend's bed with a neutral expression. Her voice, however, conveyed just the faintest degree of judgement.

"I have read the report regarding your injuries, Miss Arima."

END POST | JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Empty Re: Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto]

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:01 pm
Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Tomoe-header

MAKOTO ARIMA

Makoto didn't expect to wake up, rather that she hoped she did not have to wake up. Consequences aside, she was ashamed of herself. So abyssmally disappointed in herself, frustrated at her own failings. Even though she was in a state of depression she had already frustrated a nurse tending her by insisting that she leave and that she was fine.

These people weren't stupid though, she was sleep deprived and physically strained from overexertion. Makoto had resigned to surrender, yield in the bed while silently stare at the ceiling. It was depressing, humiliating even.

"Yes.. Ma'am."

Her red eyes looked at Abalia's only because she refused to be a coward and look anywhere else. The consequences of her actions were something she fully accepted and she didn't look for mercy in her superior officer. It's not like she thought she deserved any.

Fourth Seat of First Division | END POST

Last edited by Gamma on Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Gamma_Signature
Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] CHARACTER_LISTIs This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREADIs This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Empty Re: Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto]

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:09 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

Abalia's gaze was, ultimately, not as harsh as it could have been. This was of course not on account of any sort of sympathy for Makoto, for even if she did consider the woman a friend, she had still acted quite thoroughly out of line. It was, rather, on account of any more significant degree of intensity would likely have exacerbated her medical issues at present.

"I will not leave here until I have come to a satisfactory understanding of what compelled you to follow this course of action. I suggest that you begin speaking."

She had wanted to speak with Makoto even before this matter had come to her attention. In fact, the way in which Abalia had spoken with her only reminded her of the reports from the Third Division Captain. That would be addressed in time, but it was not nearly as pressing as the matter currently at hand.

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:24 pm

MAKOTO ARIMA

Without skipping a beat, Makoto's mouth opened to respond to Abalia's request. She had a bit of time to consider what she was going to say, was she going to lie? No. Be forthcoming with so many personal details which contributed? No.

"I was irresponsible. I was restless the night before and very tired, in hindsight I should not have gone. My eagerness to observe one of Miss Koizumi's classes was reckless. I struggled to concentrate due to my sleepless night and allowed Miss Koizumi's words to distract me. The distraction made me slip, I got dazed from the strike to my face and reacted on instinct. Then I woke up here."

Makoto met Abalia's gaze through the whole ordeal of explaining it. She knew it should line up with the report. Her memory was quite vivid of the whole event after she had gotten punched in the face.

"I am very sorry for what I have done, ma'am."

She tried to lean forward and bow, although all that really happened was Makoto coughing and falling back with a wince. Shishiyuki's technique was something else, the way she had acted through the whole thing and the words she left her to think on.

Last edited by Gamma on Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Is This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] CHARACTER_LISTIs This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREADIs This What We Call Consideration? [Abalia, Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:51 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

Based strictly on the report, Abalia knew there was nothing there which would merit she call Makoto's words into question. However, she was not someone who operated strictly by what was written on paper by witnesses and third parties. Eyewitness accounts were, after all, among the weakest form of evidence, despite their supposed value.

"My apologies, but I must order all personnel exit for a moment."

Abalia simply waited for the room to empty, until it was only herself and Makoto. She did not have any particular illusions that the woman before her would, in fact, simply open up to her about whatever the full scope of the issue had been. She did, however, wish to make something rather clear.

"Instinct is not something as clearly defined and unilateral as most would assume. If your instinctual response was to meet your instructor with extreme violence, then there is reason behind it. I do not pretend that it is my business what would compel you to act in such a manner, but you and I are both quite keenly aware that it is not merely a matter of restlessness or exhaustion."

Closing her eyes for a moment as she took a breath to consider the situation, Abalia then spoke more evenly, with at least marginally more consideration for the situation. Only marginally.

"I do not need an apology from you, Makoto. I wish you to understand that I will not accept a repeat of this situation."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:06 pm

MAKOTO ARIMA

There was something intimidating about the fact that Abalia ordered the area clear, she felt like she was being backed into a corner and being prepared for a killing strike by a pack of wolves. Any witnesses gone, Abalia wasn't like that though. It didn't change her immediate thought and the fact her chest rose and fell ever so slightly more.

"..."

She took the words to heart, nodding slowly to make it known that she heard heard them. Makoto gulped before opening her mouth to break the silence she had let settle for a few moments after Abalia's warning.

"I understand, ma'am. I will endeavour to not disappoint you or disgrace our division again."

There was a nauseaous feeling that she couldn't figure out if it was because of the overbearing presence of Abalia now or the fact that Shishiyuki's blows might still be lingering on her. She assumed the former but wouldn't discredit the woman's martial prowess.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:52 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

Abalia gave Makoto a look of general discontent at that response. It was a bit more formulaic than she might have considered ideal, though she supposed it did not surprise her given the circumstance. Sitting down on the edge of Makoto's bed, she simply looked toward her seated officer with the most of what could possibly be considered a concerned look.

"I will be giving you two weeks of leave when your recovery is complete, Makoto. I will ask, as your superior officer, that you not strain yourself during that time."

She knew, very decidedly, that Makoto would not particularly relish this. However, she considered it exceptionally important.

"As your friend, I will ask that you join me to enjoy that time."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:02 pm

MAKOTO ARIMA

Makoto was already lurching forward to protest before wincing and spluttering, yet again. She was lacking grace as she clumsily fell back and coughed from the pain in her gut. Taking time off? She couldn't. There was so many different things she was overseeing, management of resources for the Rukongai, discussions and meetings with representatives of districts and even her own training to a degree but less so.

"Ugh.. Huh?"

The followup caught her off guard, her eyes looking at Abalia confused. Makoto didn't know what to make of that, maybe it was because Abalia just wanted to make sure that she did what she was told to do and not train. She couldn't try and act like she understood Abalia's intent sometimes, the woman had a certain way of being hard to read. It wasn't bad, just different.

"Mhmm. I understand, if that's what you insist."

What did two weeks of leave with Abalia even entail? She didn't know. All she knew was that she'd struggle to be quiet about Abalia doing everything for her and practically nursing her for that time. One night of Abalia cooking for her was enough to make her uncomfortable, two weeks of that? Hmm.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:17 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"It is, yes. I know that it is very likely not what you would consider to be ideal circumstances, but I do not believe that it would be responsible of me to simply leave you to yourself in these two weeks, given that they are at my order. Speaking more personally, I would think it is simply a pleasant thing to offer a friend company during their time off, yes?"

Abalia may have been a generally asocial woman, but she did still very much understand the nature of friendship. She was cold, not an imbecile.

"I will move to another matter, given I cannot imagine that you would wish for me to simply continue elaborating upon my intentions for your leave. Captain Kurotsuchi has given me her medical analysis regarding my emotional capacity. It seems that my soul did not reincarnate in its entirety at the end of my previous life. Whatever emotional capacity I ought to have is quite likely attached to what was left behind."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:27 pm

MAKOTO ARIMA

"Y-yes.. ma'am."

Makoto wasn't going to argue what was responsible or not, she wasn't going to argue whether such caution was required after she had been so reckless herself as to get in this situation. It did upset her though, two weeks with nothing to do. Nothing to distract herself with, except Abalia. It wouldn't be that bad, would it? It's just two weeks.

"Huh? That sounds awful, are you okay?"

Few people might earn a genuine expression of worry from Makoto but this person was of the few that deserved it. She wasn't a scientific person though and mechanics of one's soul might as well have gone over her head with the exception of a general guesstimate of the information provided.

"I don't understand, so there's just a piece of you out there? Is it in one piece? Is it like, another you or just something nebulous attached to something"

The seated officer was already thinking of what could be done, how could something be put together to help her captain. If not for just a matter of duty and repentence for her behaviour but also because she didn't like that Abalia might have this problem affecting her life. It was debatable whether or not she had forgotten about the fact she had just been put on leave for two weeks with how hard she was thinking.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum