Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Empty Re: Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso]

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:39 pm

Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Artist: Code Lyoko - Song: Kadic Academy

Henrex briefly looked away at Calypso's comment. He could tell that there wasn't any malice behind it, but there was still a feeling of awkwardness and a tad bit of embarrassment at her basically laying him out bare like that. Ulv's rampant abuse throughout her life as Ulv and Mirja only made him recede more and more, eventually leading to where he was now. She wasn't wrong, but it still felt...off to have it so blatantly and casually stated like that.

He looked back at her as she explained the book, and hearing that it came out around nine months ago made everything about it make a lot more sense. Ulv had created and published it during the time that he was away, and hadn't even heard of it by the time he had come back, much less of Ulv's death until he was told. Not only had she published it, but filled it with martial arts and techniques that he had never heard of from her.

He had heard of a few of them, given how long he had known the wolf-turned-redhead, but it was interesting to see the ones that he hadn't heard of. Henrex rested his head on his palm, resting the arm against his leg.

"Well, you seem to have a good grasp of the basics and the fundamentals, why not just make it something of your own, inspired by that?"

He paused for a moment, before continuing. A thought came to mind, one that he didn't initially think of since he had been away for so long, and even longer away from the mere idea of Wulin, cultivation, and martial arts as a whole.

"Maybe it's something that requires a high-rank Dantian, or some special item from Wulin? I don't know too much about it nowadays, but I remember reading a lot about it in the book that Mirja gave me a few years ago."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Empty Re: Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso]

Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

"How would you know what I have a grasp of, outside of Taiju Snake Style, and maybe also Koppojutsu. Are you going to tell me that you also have some mystical power that lets you see a person's martial skill in absolute clarity?" Calypso replied, holding her arms wide and swinging them. This style certainly didn't have much room for close fighting. It seemed something a person able to fly would make. Which made sense, given it was Sun who made it...

"And it doesn't require any of that. It requires.....being Ulv. Ursa Takkeyeon was made off Ssam-su Takkeyeon, which is it's own problem. Ssam-su is a high strain style that requires a lot of work to be good at. And Ursa Takkeyeon was a style modified by Ulv to fix a few problems. Namely the close-fight vulnerability and limited number of attack points. But, she's got martial skill from Mirja, herself, and someone called 'Cyng'. Which looks like a typo but is repeated several times with the same spelling.

Honestly, just want to learn it because it is Ulv's. I'll give up in a month or two and do my own stuff. BUt it will be a fun month"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:02 pm

Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Artist: Code Lyoko - Song: Kadic Academy

Henrex groaned, putting his head in his hands as he shook his head. Every single time, she seemed to miss the point or take it the wrong way. Maybe he was just being really bad with his wording, constantly. Regardless, once again he tried to clear things up.

"I wasn't trying to say that. I was just saying that, it seemed like you understood how it worked, given how much you've been trying to learn it."

Sighing as he rubbed his temples, he listened intently to what Calypso was saying. It didn't give him a lot to go off of, with her just saying "being Ulv" was what she needed. Ulv was a lot of things, and "being Ulv" was definitely one of them. But, nevertheless, it wasn't like he could give a lot of help in the first place, despite him trying to.

"I'm trying to help as best I can, which, admittedly, isn't a lot, but I want to see you succeed. I might not have known you for long, not even a day, but, I still want to see you succeed. That's...just who I am, I guess."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:33 pm

This guy...just completely lacked a heart. Something she had learned from fighting him, and further reinforced it by talking to him. So she would shut the book and look up at him with her shining yellow eyes.

"No"

It was a simple word, though spoken with powerful conviction as she stood up so it would be taken as seriously as she intended it to be. Half the words felt intuative, as if she didn't know what she was going to say until after it was said.

"I don't know what it is that you lost in your past, but it has taken your heart with it. There is nothing left of you, and you seem to try and seek a replacement in others. Attaching extremely quickly and putting your whole being into them, so that their success and delight will be your own. But this is temporary at best, if they allow you to stick around, which most won't. That kind of sticking puts people off.

There are some people who take it upon themselves to better people like you. For the sake of others as much as yourself. But these people are rare and often taken as bullies and abusers because they are not friendly with what they do. Can't be friendly with what they do. The only solution here lies within your own Self. You must decide that the future is stronger than the past and let go of what has taken your heart. People that want to better you, compete with near impossible odds to make you do that"

Turning to put the book away in the bag, she'd return her gaze to Henrex.
"Until you fix yourself, you will continue to make a mess of your own life. And I don't care to be your emotional net that you use to avoid that necessity with"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pm
Vestige of Resolve [Private/Wan] [Henrex/Calypso] - Page 3 ZBd0Iyu

HENREX ASTILLON | STORMSWORD

Henrex's eyes went up to Calypso as she shut the book, seeing the sudden shift of light ginger to a bright, sulfur-like yellow, as if he were gazing into the eyes of a Hollow. While he didn't show any visible distress, he backed away a few inches instinctively as she spoke, the woman exerting a conviction that felt oddly similar, and the half-breed felt anxiety crawling along his shoulders and back.

What she said next was nothing less than insulting. He had admittedly made some small assumptions about her and what she did, but it was nothing that could not be corrected, especially without being blown out of proportion. Everything she said only sparked irritation in him. It was almost ironic how she chastised him for his mistakes, yet made wildly, accusatory claims that were far from being true.

But, he held his tongue until she finished, taking a deep breath to keep himself calm. He wasn't angry, just...disappointed. He wasn't sure why he was disappointed, but, it was the only emotion he could feel in response to something such as this. As she put the book away, then looked back at him before finishing, Henrex quietly stood up, exhaling softly, speaking calmly.

"I don't know how you came to such a conclusion about me after just a few hours of meeting me, if even that, but, you couldn't be further from the truth."

He paused. taking another deep breath. He kept his voice level, the only thing done outside of that was a brief pulsation from his body, channeling the demonic power he held in order to show that he was speaking nothing but the truth.

"I'm not seeking to replace anything in anyone. I don't want an emotional net, I'm not attaching to you in the way that you think I am. I don't want your success to be my own. All I want, is to offer what I know to help, even if it is limited and little. I don't know what's so wrong with just wanting to help someone as best I can, if I can. That's what I do, as a hero, and as a person."

He stood up, taking a few steps away, before unfurling his wings, taking another deep breath. He'd wait a few minutes, on the off-chance that Calypso, or whatever had seemed to have spoken for her, had anything else to say.

END POST
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:53 am

"Ahh, one of those. You are right, I was incorrect with my assumptions" Calypso replied, putting the book into the bag and then slinging the bag onto her back. Without any further commentary, and with her tone being a clear dismissal that even a dead person could not miss it, she would turn and kick off into the City proper with her Lightfoot. Every meeting was an experience, even if it turned poor like this one.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum