Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Empty Re: Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako]

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:03 pm
Tento stood before her, Hanako Yamada. The first elder class member that he had met under his first few days at the academy. it had not been that long since Tento met her until his first day and first class attending at Shino Academy. A combination of introduction and heated competition was the result of their exchange on that day. One that had no ill will from Tento, the question was what was the case for her? After all, the words from the older classmates were loud, specially after the interaction between the two. A trinkle down from the class members in Hanako's year to the new class that were seen around Tento, hoping to warn and reinforce the character of the Ice Queen that could be problematic at times. However, whether it was because he didn't personally experience something of that level from her in their exchange or that he at times liked to play too close to fire, he was not intimated by her reputation.

His body was not aggressive and in turn it seemed that Hanako did the same. He relaxed, trying to put create a jokeful chill atmosphere, "mostly passing through. I just got out of kido class and was planning on practicing some things. Still new with the area and where things are but I was told that a kido practicing spot was not that far from here. But I saw you and figured to say hi and how you were doing today".

His eyes were ever observant, he noticed a hint of a symbol on Hanako's book that she had close by her. It looked like a kido book from his guess. She was reading up on her kido, maybe she could help me? If not, maybe a competition that he could use to gain some insight from her?

"That's just about it for me. What about you, reading up on some kido and getting ready to practice?". He said this in an inquisitive tone, respectful, but one definitely showing that he wanted to see what the older student could do.
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Empty Re: Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako]

Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:29 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Hanako hesitated for a moment. Tento seemed to be sincere. Finally she took a breath and responded to Tento.

"Something like that, yeah."

She still wasn't sure if she could trust Tento enough to tell him what was really going on. That, as much as she was proficient with the blade or her fists, she sucked at kido. She was in her fifth year. The next would be her last year, the year she was supposed to graduate. Until now her meager kido skills had allowed her to scrape by barely. However, it wouldn't be enough to graduate.

Hanako herself wasn't aware why she had so much trouble. She just knew that focusing her thoughts was so hard for her that she barely managed stable spells, even with full incantations. In fact it was the clutter and noise in her mind, the thoughts that kept chasing themselves. Self doubt, frustration, fear...all that kept making such a noise in her head that whenever she needed to use her thoughts for a technique, she ran into huge obstacles.

"Are you good at it?"

She asked after another moment.

"Kido, I mean."

She tried to make her words sound casual, like idle chit chat. However, being who she was meant that conversation wasn't really her strong suit. This in turn meant that Tento could probably very well hear from her voice that she meant more by it.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:40 pm
Hanako was short, simple, and straight to the point in answering his question. He was beginning to make a mental note that maybe that was how she would respond to most things. At least for right now as long as they stayed out of a heated situation. Well, she was talking, and civil at least.

There was some much that Tento knew partially about her and so much he still did not know. She was a strong student, physically she had an intimidating warrior's aura, and worked hard to improve. Normally, that kind of effort was from trying to achieve something, something personal, something the person wanted for themselves, something they needed. Now no one in the school really knew what that could be for Hanako. She was an unknown person to most, at least to the students and teacher's that Tento had gotten to know. It just made the upper class woman even more mysterious and a puzzle to Tento's mind.

But something was off, and Tento's observative mind and eyes began to work. Her shoulders looked slightly tense, forward as if she was concentrating hard, fingers tight on the book, maybe that was her focus, the source of that off feeling? And then she spoke.

"Are you good at it?"

The air held silence for a few seconds before she clarified exactly what she meant. Although given the start of their conversation he had an assumption of what she meant.

"Kido, I mean."

It was straight for there, he beleived that he had an understanding of what was going on. Hanako needed aid in whatever kido matter she was dealing with. Now, given that she was a fifth year, there was a likely large gap in what they had learned or at least experienced so far. There was no telling what exactly she could want help on or spend time with Tento doing. But she tried to make it sound casual, under the table like it was just a piece of their idle chit chat. But either deliberately or not, Hanako had given him some signals that she was stating more that what her mere words were saying.

The question was, how to go about it?

"Good at it? ohhh, kido. Ah...I suppose so. The teacher says I have a few basic understandings down and can push myself if I want. I just have nothing to try to push against with you know? No one in my class knows a higher level kido than a typical first year". His eyes then went to the book in her hand, hoping to make it even easier for them to do some mutual kido practice. "Oh wait! that's a kido book right? There has to be some spells higher ranked that I haven't seen yet. Could I...do a few second year kido spells? Maybe you can do them with me, so I can see the process and learn better? Training with someone is better than putting in work alone after all".

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Tentos10
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:12 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Again, Hanako hesitated. If he wanted to train with her he would find out pretty quickly that she was behind a good deal. Was she really willing to lower her guard there?
Then again, it didn't really matter. All the students from her year already knew. He wasn't even in most of her classes, so it seemed it really wouldn't matter at all.

"Okay." She said and after another second of hesitation scooted over to make room for Tento on the bench.

"It is a kido book. I...don't really remember which ones they taught in first year."

Despite keeping up appearances Hanako hoped Tento wouldn't realize that the the book only covered the first 25 levels.

"Ah...I'm brushing up on Sekienton. Number 21 bakudo. If that is too high...lower levels would be fine, too."

There was a slight hint of insecurity in Hanako's voice. She hated it, but she was unable to keep it away. Why did she say 'okay'? Why couldn't she just ignore Tento? Well, now it was too late. Now she was too proud to back out.

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:48 pm
Tento waited, waited, and waited. It was mere seconds but it felt much longer with him waiting for an answer from Hanako. Thankfully the waiting and his reaching out paid off, or at least a little bit it seemed. In short words Hanako responded to Tento's question, saying okay before waiting a little bit before scooting over a little bit on the nech, giving room for Tento to sit. Taking that as a que to go ahead, the brown haired chestnut brown skinned first year student sat down next to his upperclasswoman. Leaning in close so that he could hear her but still give her personal space. He wouldn't be able to read the pages though, his body and head being up, he would have to let Hanako do that.

"Ah okay. We haven't gotten far but we were told that we would only go to the first five levels of Hadō, Bakudo, and Erudo. We havent really gotten into anything yet though, like, maybe one Hadō and Bakudo so far". He whispered the next part, "I got a little tired of waiting and tried learning a few next levels tho in Hadō and Bakudo".

He would return to his normal voice now. "Well...I would love to try something that high up...but....my rational tells me that I would just have it blow up in my face, and probably you along with me. Sorry if im draggign you down, but could we stick it to the lower stuff, like 1 to 5...at most 10 if you think I can handle it with your help?". Tento had no real solid grasp of what level he could handle or Hanako, but 25 would be probably way too much for him. Maybe that was the level that Hanako was strugglig with?

The shade of worry and insecurity in her voice made it clear to him that that may be the case, or if not, that she was trying to high ball to make them go lower. If that was the case he was fine with that, he wanted to improve, and aid her in improving as well if he could. They were both aiming to join the soul society, that meant they would be allies on the field of battle. She did not want to show that concern for some personal reason, and Tento had no reason to make it known he knew, so he would happily play along.

"Maybe we should do number one of Hadō and Bakudo for a warm up?".

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 3 Tentos10
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:08 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako was relieved when she heard Tanto ask about the low level kidos. A quick, silent sigh escaped her. Tanto maybe wouldn't realise it was a sigh from relief, but from Hanako accepting to lower herself to a lower level.

In moments like this there were various currents flowing around, pulling her mind hither and tither. One was her just not giving a damn about what others thought about her. Another was her fear of being detected as a hollow shell, a puppet. Also, there was maybe a tiny bit of vanity in there. Something rather unusual for Hanako, but she was only a human soul after all.

"Okay, level one it is." Hanako said.

She put a bookmark between the pages she had just been reading and put the book to the side. She was very careful and gentle with it since it wasn't her own.

She stood up and walked a few meters away, then turned around. She watched Ted To carefully, asking herself how much power he had already accumulated in such a short time.

"Show me." She said. "Hit me with it. Whichever you want to do first."

She stood just there, upright but relaxed, and waited what was coming. She knew the best way to meet the Sai was to remain relaxed. For the Sho it was better to tense up, like receiving an actual, physical blow. She would know from the incantation which one Tento would chose. At least she hoped she would, but it was quite unlikely for him to have already learned to use kido without incantation.

A stray thought came to her mind: Bakudo was one thing...but they would be in a world of trouble if any teacher caught them using Hados on each other. Even if it was only the first and lowest.

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:58 pm
As Tento sat next to Hanako he was itching to get to it. Whatever book Hanako had it was better than what he had. He only had the voice of the instructors and teacher's in his head and the notes he took from the sessions so far . There were no books for them, the teacher's decided that the first years were not going to go far due to the capabilities of the this year's students. Tento did not know that little fact though. He had only the knowledge that they were learning out of book at the pace the teacher's decided.

That energetic opinion may have not been shared with Hanako though. A sigh escaped her, a sign for anyone that could see from afar that she probably did not like the idea of going to so for a kido practice section given her seniority in the school, but with Tento's observation over the parts of their conversation and the little ticks, hints, and signals in her body and voice, Tento had a feeling that Hanako was indeed nervous about the art of kido. Why exactly and what the implication was was something on another matter.

Whether it was, Hanako was ready to start, her putting the book down and getting up showed that. It was time to start the warm up session using a level 1 kido. Getting up and walking away a few meters. Tento got up from the bench as well and was about to follow along Hanako when she turned around and told him something he was absolutely not expecting. "HUH? You want me cast a spell on you?? I thought we were going somewhere else to do target practice on... well okay...if you are sure".

Tento would wait for Hanako to give him the go ahead again, a reassurance that she really wanted to do this. "Lock in place their will with no trace, Bakudo #1, Sai!". As Tento spoke these words he took out his left hand and in a swift motion pointed his index and middle finger toward Hanako. Remembering the advice given to him in class, he would let his spirit energy flow through him. A soft spark being inside before it shot out from the point of his extended fingers, as the spells went out to restrain the Upperclasswoman.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:57 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

The posture and the incantation wasn't hard to recognise. In an instant Hanako saw that he would hit her with a Sai and prepared: she relaxed her muscles and offered no resistance. She learned the lesson herself: a Sai could be quite uncomfortable if one tried to resist while it was cast. But in a relaxed state Hanako's body was simply rocked back a bit and her arms were bound behind her back. If there was any discomfort at all it was something she could handle easily.

"Nice…" Hanako said. "Was that your first time casting Bakudo on a live target?"

She watched Tento carefully. She didn't really have any idea how the first year curriculum was. Sure, she had been through it herself, but she didn't really care to memorize it. She learned what she was instructed to, trained with the others and on her own, and did what was necessary to advance. When, in which year or class, any of it was practically gone as soon as the course was over. Contents was all that counted.

"It's always different when you practice on another living being and not just on a dummy, huh?"

Many students had their reservations about letting others practice Kido on them, even if it was just Bakudo. Hanako always thought that was absurd. Especially low level Bakudo could do little harm. She had always been with the volunteers, earning her respect and disapproval of her peers equally.

A hissing sound came from her when she pressed air through her clenched teeth. The muscles in her shoulders and arms tensed up, as well as her whole upper body. An ever so light flicker of a cold blue shine appeared on her skin, easily missable.

With visible effort Hanako struggled against the binding spell. The thing was that even to break the lowest of the low Bakudos, one needed at least some spiritual pressure. And even as a fresh fifth year Hanako was barely at the upper limits of what humans could do. Granted, she had learned a lot of techniques over the past four years and trained her spirit body. But that didn't necessarily mean her powers grew equally. It seemed there was a lot of foundation work necessary, before anything significant changed. While most students had that problem and only a few gifted came out of the academy already possessing considerable powers, Hanako always felt she had to try for more. Because she was the one that was hollow inside, she was the one who had to work the hardest.

Veins on her neck began to pulse and the strain made her sweat. She struggled for several moments, bringing up all she had. Finally her arms began to move. When she finally broke free she was almost drained. Sweat was running over her face, but she was grinning. It was the grin of a tiger about to have lunch.

"Not bad." She said, catching her breath quickly.
"You wanna try?"

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:58 pm
Tento's bodied tightened as his spell went to work. It was his first time using a kido spell on someone. It wasn't the first time he used it on a target or dummy, something like that, something not alive. But this was a human, an um, soul. A person he was going to school with to learn to be a defender of the Seiretei with. He knew it was needed. He would be fighting living things if and when it came to it. Things that could think, things that could respond, things that could react first. But still, it felt odd to do a spell on a comrade, but this would aid them longer in the long run. As long as they did not go too far they would be fine. And at least on Tento's said, he had no intention to use a Hadō on Hanako.

Doing was only a third of learning. So as he saw Hanako's body responded he took notes. The tension, her relaxation, the things he could dissect to see what he could or should do in the response. In time, she broke herself free, with some effort. Alot.

Then she ask him if he would like a turn.

"Know what. I'll take that challenge. Bring it on!".

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Tento's answer actually made Hanako's eyebrows rise one or two millimeters. She actually hadn't expected him to go along with it. But he did, he had courage and determination. It was something she could respect. Only years later would it show how big courage and determination would become as pillars of her own personal world.

"Okay. Then let's go." Hanako said.

Even if she wanted to, she wouldn't know how to speak her thoughts about Tento's courage out loud. It was one thing she actually sucked even worse at than kido: conversation, and in extension all social interactions. She never practiced it either. She didn't even possess any clothes next to her Shihakushos and some sportswear.

However, the right corner of her mouth curled up just the tiniest bit and her eyes were a tad brighter and less icy than before. Maybe Tento could recognize it, maybe not, but Hanako in fact warmed up a little bit. Still, it was going from a global ice age to a particularly harsh winter, but it was something.

Hanako assumed the stance of the spell, pointing the index and middle finger of her right hand at Tento. She carefully and articulately voiced the full incantation, before she finished with a "Bakudo #1: Sai!"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum