Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue59000/99999A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Empty Re: A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia)

Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:39 am

Click here for posting music

A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Artist: n/a - Song: n/a

”I’ve yet to become accustomed to this world.” Magnolia’s response was frank and to the point as Lerna spoke about the rise in spirituality. However, her eyes did narrow at the fact that it was quincy tech that these humans had somehow gotten ahold of. While the gotei had withdrawn from america after the chaos of ww4 in wake of it’s liberation from shadow fall, Magnolia still was keenly aware of the vandenreich’s activities in america. Despite her hand’s off approach, the way that the vandenreich had quickly swallowed up land in wake of the void left by shadow fall, and this new development were.. Disconcerting.

”Sounds like something you need to bring up to Abalia later Magpie.” Raijin’s tenor rumble rolled in her mindscape, it’s subtle caress a source of comfort as Magnolia’s attention snapped from the musings of her mind to the ongoing situation before her.

Dressed and feeling cleaner, Magnolia pondered the womans question. What had she understood from that titillating bit of information? A defeated sigh escaped past Magnolia’s lips as she said in a woefully bemused tone.

”Honestly? I didn’t understand much of it. What does Ice have to do with enemies? What does trapping our biological forebears have to do with the similarities of our bodies? All of this earthling slang throws me for a loop, as words don’t mean what they mean, and mean things entirely arbitrary to whats actually being said!” The last little bit of her response was flavored with the frustration that Magnolia felt regarding the lingo of this strange green planet.

When Lerna spoke of not going to a bar, but having stashed some spirits near by for celebration, the small smile on Magnolia’s face turned into a wolfish grin as she shrugged, rolling her shoulders slightly.

”Lead on then, I won’t turn down good booze.” Magnolia spoke, her eyes dancing at the thought of tasting some more of the alcohol this planet had. She of course had had some of it, but there was such a vast array, far more than the realm she had come from. Honestly it was one of the things she liked most about this world. When lerna spoke of how this was supposed to be her big break, a soft sigh escaped Magnolia’s lips and she reached back to scratch the back of her neck. Looking out into the vast, impenetrable blue that spanned from horizon to horizon, Magnolia’s eyes looked lost in thought. For a few moments at least before she began to speak.

” There is nothing without trust aye. I’m sorry that your sordid affairs didn’t work out, I do appreciate however that you were willing to forgo your big break when it went against what you believed to be right. That speaks volumes towards your character.” Magnolia’s smile had dimmed from the wolfish white-toothed one that had been flashed at the mention of booze, but still there was a genuinity in it that easily conveyed the belief she had behind the words she spoke.

After those words had been spoken, Magnolia languidly followed along after lerna in comfortable companionable silence as she pondered about the incident she had just been thrust into. After all, if the mundane, common people were gaining access to weapons of mass destruction, one's they could not control the fallout from.. Well.. that was a problem. Plain and simple.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 LzZCuy7
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 BtXe12b
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Empty Re: A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia)

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:52 pm
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Eot8js6VoAEzHIh-1-lern

Lerna blinked just a little. Oh boy this was .... a lot. She rubbed her chin. "Well Iced is usually referring to 'being put on ice' cold preserves dead bodies so when someone dies they usually are put in freezers so that they don't rot before they can be preserved. Parent Trap was like....an old...." there was no fucking way Magnolia knew what a movie was. Certainly a project for later, take this girl to the movies. "...a folktale about two twins who were separated at birth when their parents divorced, and then when they found eachother they tricked their parents into romantic situations so that they would fall back in love with eachother. One of the twins had grown up very posh so they talked fancy and british. I was making a reference." She explained as best she could. Also, she kinda peered a bit at her with that talk of slang. These Shinigami could speak japanese couldn't they? Even OLD Japanese was full of puns and stuff. But she didn't bother arguing that.

All the same, she put on a smile when Magnolia seemed amicable to the offer. She turned and promptly began to lead the woman off, shaking her head as she parsed all of this nonsense. Oh boy, this girl really WAS an old fashioned one. But she seemed oddly sweet, with that worry about how her deal had gone off. "Nah that's fine~ Don't mention it. That's the whole deal right? Right and wrong? Stay outta hell? Guess maybe I'm just a sucker for a pretty damsel. Or maybe I just hate idiots picking fights outta nowhere. But ya know what they say, anyone can be a hero when it's easy to be one." She turned and winked over her shoulder, giving what she believed was a heroic thumbs up. Ugh.... she immediately felt cringe and quickly lowered her hand. Maybe not the thumbs up.

"Thankfully they were a lot easier to handle than hollows. People you can just break. But Hollows it's a pain in the ass to have to look around for something to use as a weapon. You never know what kinda fucked up ability some of them will have."
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue59000/99999A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:56 am

Magnolia listened, nodding faintly as Lerna explained to her the “lingo” that she had used. Thankfully it wasn’t anything terribly complex, and she was capable of grasping the logic behind it without too much ordeal. At the moment, she was more than content to let Lerna take the lead of their conversation as they walked across the unblemished sand. The soft breeze that rolled off the ocean lightly tousseling Magnolia’s hair as she let her eyes wander across the horizon.

”That makes sense, I just... feel out of place? It’s hard to understand with the culture gap.” Magnolia finally broke the silence as she found her eyes focused on a gull in the distance. Her words were quiet, but also matter of fact. Afterall, this world was nothing like the one she was used to, there was far, far more diversity and a complexity of language that she was unused to.

Hollows were something that was more of a common ground, so when Lerna spoke of hollows and how they were far harder to kill, Magnolia nodded faintly. Her lips pursed as she contemplated what she was going to say next.

”I honestly prefer hollows. They’re far less messy once you kill them, and while they might have an odd ability or two, the vast majority dont have the cruelty, or ingenuity that humanity has.” Magnolia said finally as she pushed a few loose strands of hair out of her face.

”So, how does one end up making deals with radical groups in the hollow infested wilderness? I’m sure there’s quite a story there.” Magnolia asked amicably, her words genuinely curious rather than scathing or judgmental. It just seemed like such an odd thing to become a part of, that it made her intrigued.

Once more she lasped into companionable silence, as the sandy beach gave way to long degraded asphalt. The ruined remnants of a street stretching forward beyond them, with a few dilapidated buildings to their immediate left. Flowering vines swaying upon the shelled out walls in the light ocean-bound breeze.

Template coding by:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:43 pm
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 HEADER_59144358_p1

Lerna nodded along as the woman seemed to explain her own preferences for opponents. Lerna supposed she had a point, but truth be told, she hadn't had that experience in the slightest. There were mountains of stupid mindless Hollows of course.... but hidden among them were the real monsters. And those could be incredibly insidious. She looked over her shoulder to the woman and simply hummed. "Is that right? Guess you've just been lucky. Or so strong it doesn't matter." She murmured. Truth be told, she wondered how even human enemies did against such a woman. What sort of strength could there BE to challenge her? She was feeling ridiculous now.... there was no reason to doubt herself so much and she wrinkled her nose just a little.

No. It was entirely possible to get to this woman's level of strength, it was just a matter of work and luck. However, she didn't get to dwell on the subject for long. She paused, peering a bit at Magnolia as she parsed the question that had been thrown her way. A smooth smirk crept across her features and she let her head tilt slightly to the side. "Dunno. How does a bombshell with a penchant for overkill wind up in the Gotei 13?" She countered lightly. Magnolia herself certainly seemed much more......intense and brutal than others were among the Gotei. Sure she'd seen Shinigami pull out big stops when they were pushed. But This woman? She'd leveled a whole block out of seemingly a hit of Temper.

"But if you're really curious? It's not like I got the same kinda resources that you shinigami do. Running around slaying hollows doesn't exactly pay the bills. So when I'm not playing hero I gotta find other ways to make money, and sometimes business is done with people I don't like or agree with. But money is money, and it makes sure I can afford to do what I do." She noted with a shrug. One of the FIRST rules she'd learned in the world of the living. No good deed went unpunished. Not that she particularly cared about her own moral weight, but the notion of being picky about her business partners....well it extended to what was realistic.

" I could get a job. But I can't exactly just stay in one place killing hollows. I gotta keep moving around so I don't upset you guys' little balance. And that certainly doesn't mean I don't still get yapped at now and then by a member of you guys' group." She pointed out, lightly itching her cheek with a nail as she looked off into the distance. Eyeing the buildings off in the distance. "Honestly, if the universe is so damn rickety that just trying to stay a live tears it apart, I really don't know why it's lasted this long." She murmured.
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:47 am

” Luck is a strength of sorts too.”

Magnolia countered. She left the fact that the enemies they had faced posed no real threat to her in the first place, her eyes moving to scan the horizon for a moment. Her hand drifting to the hilt of one of the scimitars that somehow were latched to the thin stringy line of her bikini bottoms. After a moment, her hand relaxed, drifting back to her side. When Lerna spoke once more, about her.. Less than diplomatic tendances, the woman’s lips pulled into a wry grin that flashed a bit of tooth as she shook her head slightly.

”Now that's a very long story. Still.” Magnolia said, her voice equal parts reminiscent and distant, as well as bemused and rueful. Her right hand came up and dragged itself through her hair. Fingers dragging through a few stray tangles that the briney air had caused in her thick golden locks.

”Let's just say it was as much of a surprise to me as them. Where I come from the Gotei doesn’t exist. Violence was unfortunately the only answer to many problems. “ Magnolia finished finally, and eventually Lerna would begin to go into why she had to associate with such sordid people. It was.. Understandable to say the least. Having the means to live came before most things. One would rarely find a morally righteous individual if they were starving and without a home.

”You could always put a good word for her in the Gotei. You have enough sway to do that, whether she makes it or not would be up to her” Raijin rumbled in Magnolia’s inner mindscape. He knew his host well, and despite her having no qualms with taking the violent path, she certainly cared. Magnolia didn’t visibly acknowledge the advice of her Zanpakuto, but she certainly began to ponder it. Eventually she’d walk a little closer to Lerna and brought her left hand to rest against the woman's right shoulder to stop, and get her attention.

”Look.” Magnolia said to get the woman's attention.

'' If you want, I can put a word in for you at the Gotei. It’s entirely up to you if you want the chance though, and whether or not a Captain decides to pull you into their squad would be entirely up to them. “ Magnolia finished her golden gaze searching. This after all was entirely up to Lerna whether or not she wanted this. She just knew what it was like to have to do things because of the circumstances that surrounded life. She also wasn’t like most people of this era, with a mentality more geared towards warriors of feudal times, she wasn’t above going with her gut and taking a leap of faith. In part that was why she offered in the first place. Because she was sure as shit the woman would ask why, Magnolia extended her reasoning before the question was even asked.

”I’m offering because I have a good feeling about you. I’m more of a actions over words type of gal, and you threw a pay day because you thought it was wrong that they should attack someone. Despite my violent nature, I strongly believe in the cause that the Gotei fights for. I think you would fit in well with them, given a chance. “ Magnolia finished, breaking eye contact to look over towards where the hollows had started to slowly disperse, the rifts into hueco mundo slowly closing to turn the sky clear blue once more.

Template coding by:
[THEFROST]

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:04 pm
A looking glass, upon a balmy breeze. (Lerna/Magnolia) - Page 2 HEADER_Dc71vjTUwAAb7PE

Lerna chuckled just a little at that part about luck, smirking to herself as she thought of her own luck. Yea that was pretty fair to say. However she did perk a brow when she noticed the sudden shift in Magnolia's behavior, that sudden distant and whimsical look that almost looked like rue. She chuckled just a little and gestured around them. "Well. It's not like I' going anywhere. My plans for the evening kinda fell through so If ya wanna explain I certainly don't mind listening." She reasoned out. After all, it sounded more like a 'this would take too much of your time' rather than a 'I'd rather not get into it' sort of deal. But it was possible she'd misread the woman's tone. Though that little snippet definitely had her pausing. Somewhere the Gotei didn't exist? That was......she had to think about that for a while.

maybe this girl was just from like an alternate world? She wasn't sure what to think of that. She heard about some insane abilities, but the notion of that was..... she decided to put it in the back of her head for now, giving a whistle before just...nodding along. She wasn't sure what to really say about THAT. ON one hand? That was just fucking crazy talk. On the other hand, she was REALLY strong. And she didn't seem like the lying type. So she decided to let sleeping dogs lie. Though thr next subject wasn't any less thought provoking.

A word in? She stared for several long moments at the very notion of such a situation. Her? A Shinigami? She knew that Substitutes were a lot more common these days, but she ..... hesitated. And for a moment, she found herself staring .....uncertainly at Magnolia. Would they accept her? Would they know what she was? A hint of fear coursed through her mind, and more importantly.....she considered speaking up. But..... no matter how well they had gotten along. No matter how earnest this woman seemed. She did NOT entertain the idea of letting Magnolia know about her. Or even bringing up the subject of mod souls. Because what if this woman was loyal to OLD Soul Society rules?

If this woman found out she was a Mod Soul, and decided to kill her. What could she do to stop her?

She nodded slowly as the woman promptly shifted into the narrative of why she was offering this. Which....certainly HAD been a question on her mind. Huh, the Gotei really was leaning into that protag shit these days weren't they? A part of her thought it was .... a nice change. The other part of her thought the first part was a fucking idiot. Just because the ground levels had ideals and morals now, that didn't mean they wouldn't be ....... pragmatic..... when they needed to be. The Quincy had learned that lesson. Which brought up the question: Could she ...afford to go trying to fit in with shinigami? ON one hand....it WAS dangerous. But then again.... a Vice Captain Vouching for her WOULD help if she was ever found out. And there was a saying: Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

"I....don't know what to say..." She murmured, rubbing the back of her neck before putting on a chuckle and a smile. [color=orchid" I mean, it would certainly make things a bit easier. N'I suppose there's no harm in looking into it. So I guess.... yea I wouldn't mind that."[/color] She responded. Instantly she felt ..... a mix of excitement and fear. But beneath all of that was the cold hard fact. This would benefit her considerably. If it was a paid position, she might not even have to do this fuckin gang shit. And most of all....her mind raced. Thinking back.

To that dark Cell.
To where her True Body was kept.
And she couldn't help but wonder.

If she went through with this....could she be free?
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57 pm
Magnolia, The Lightning Cleaver

Magnolia hadn’t spoken while she awaited the verdict of her companion. She didn’t often go out on a limb for others and while she was not uncomfortable with doing so, there still was a tiny bit of her mind that wondered if her offer would be rejected. Sure, she hadn’t been completely honest with the totality of her position within the gotei, but she was a vice captian, so there wasn’t too much of a misnomer there right?

”Just let her figure it out Magpie, there is no harm here.” Raijin stated as Lerna was still rubbing the back of her neck.

Finally, Lerna gave her an answer. Magnolia’s lips pulled back into a brilliant smile, like a fresh spring breeze as she bobbed her head once, nodding. It was clear that at least the shinigami was hoping that Lerna would give the idea serious thought. So the acceptance of her offer was, well, relieving for her.

”Then, what say you that we postpone that drink and instead get right into the thick of it?” Magnolia’s words were still unrushed, but it was clear that there was a modicum of exuberance, and joy. To potentially accept another, and give them the chance that the gotei had given to her, that was something that warmed her down to her soul.

With those words done, the midnight fuscia hue of butterfly’s fluttered out of a thick, cool mist before them. Magnolia’s hand had simply gestured to the blank road before them, and from it a traditional japanese sliding door formed against the backdrop of the mist that had descended upon the realm of the living. Hell butterflies dispersed into the realm of the living and the door swung open, to show the endless white of the dangai realm beyond. It was the first step to be taken towards something new.

Magnolia would stop infront of that gate as someone came out, the shinigami handing her a folded up set of her white vice-captians haori, and geta.

” When you’ve collected your stuff, meet me here and we will be off alright? Once we get you settled in on the other side, I’d say we should have that drink then in celebration.” Magnolia spoke with a gentle smile as she donned the clothing of her station, waiting for Lerna to gather her things so that they could venture into the world beyond-- The Soul Society.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum