Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) Left_bar_bleue0/0Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) Empty Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime)

Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:18 am
Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) Header2

HIME

Even though the Gotei of the current generation had presented the graceful Shinigami with a new face almost every day, there was a grand sense of awe to be had whenever she found herself within the presence of those who had offered their services to the Gotei in the past. Those meetings seemed to be a rarity, of course.

Those whose names were written within the annals of history had either long since retired or stepped down from their positions in pursuit of other desires and fancies. The truly elite likely came into positions as protectors of the soul king - as a member of the vaunted Zero Division.

As one who conducted matters as Abalia's secretary and right hand of a sort, it was her duty to know such information. One could never know when it would prove to be quite useful. Of course, curiosities of the past were not entirely a subject that held any current presence in her mind.

There was nothing to do within the Soul Society; therefore, Hime had decided to enjoy a pleasant walk within one of the various cities of Japan. There was no need to be anywhere specific and a moment of peace like this sounded quite divine right now.

She found an ideal area in Karakura that seemed to be abundantly festive. A music festival. Hime tilted her head as she decided to indulge herself and occupy a seat within a swathe of grass. Placing a pen against a notebook, Hime listened to the soft, jazzy melodies as they graced her ears. Hime felt somewhat embarrassed, the thought dawning on her that she had never truly listened to or experienced many forms of music if any. Even so, she hummed along as she placed pen against paper, engaging in some lighthearted poetry.

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) Left_bar_bleue0/0Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) Empty Re: Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime)

Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Graceful Melodies(Rose/Hime) 9XqYHOY

Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi | Musical Wanderer

Perhaps it was the fickle strands of fate that had pulled Rose back to Karakura Central in time for a local music festival. That sounded awfully poetic in his mind when in fact it had just been an awful coincidence, but he would never admit such a dull truth if he were questioned on it. He had lived in the city for several centuries, admittedly before it had been raised to rubble and rebuilt, but there was still a sense of homeliness when he found his way here. It had been the first place he had visited after returning, and yet still he felt like there was more that he owed it.

It would have been such a trivial matter to talk his way into giving a little performance, a little display of his talent and they would have surely been happy to make space in the lineup. Jazz was not usually his scene though, he could play it without concern but that was not quite the point of the music. You had to feel it flowing through you, that burning passion for the art, and he was more inclined to appreciate it from the crowds today.

What he did notice as he lingered on the outskirts of the performance, though, was a young woman writing in her notebook as she bobbed along to the rhythm. It was a curious thing to be doing in the middle of a festival, or - in a way - perfectly peculiar enough to draw his attention away from the sound and on to what she was exactly doing.

"It is most intriguing, to find someone here as interested in their own works as they are the music."

A vague introduction, but spoken in Hime's presence with a degree of pointedness that made it clear Rose was talking to her. Lilac eyes peered down at her from his standing position, not so close that he was towering over her but rather a more sociable distance instead. His expression was a mixture of interest and nonchalance, as if he was still undecided whether the woman was yet worth his time.

Looking for a rhythm | END POST
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:18 am

HIME

Even though Rose spoke with an air of pointedness that indicated who he was speaking to, Hime had already sensed a presence approaching her, could feel the lilac gaze of the male observing her from a short distance. Turning to face the blonde-haired man, Hime smiled and set her pen down as she surveyed his appearance and analyzed his words.

She chuckled softly as she gazed at her notebook and nodded politely, wholeheartedly in agreement with his observation. Although there was one fact she wanted to point out as she replied to the elegant man standing a few feet away.

"Indeed. One could say it was the rhythm of the music that sparked my muse today. That said, I have a somewhat embarrassing confession to make. I am very well-versed in poetry and writing, but my experience with music is rather spare in comparison. To be quite honest, this is truly my first experience listening to it with a pronounced focus. "

Hime would flash a graceful smile in his direction as she studied him with inquisitive eyes. What an interesting fellow...

"May I know your name, Sir?"

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 pm

That casual expression turned into a sorrowful frown at the mention of her limited experience with music, though he was quick to shake away such a dreary expression. What kind of rock had she been living under to avoid it all her life? Even if she had other forms of artful expression, there was a whole array of senses and emotions that went untapped when one ignored the music of life. These were merely his thoughts, though, not his words. No gentleman would dare critique a fellow patron of the arts in such an unseemly way.

"Then perhaps this occasion will light a new passion in your heart. There is a certain melancholic charm to jazz that I find so hard to replicate in other mediums. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to catch hold but, eventually, all can be swept up in a soothing serenade."

With a sudden flourish, he settled down beside her. Not so close as to alarm her, a pleasant, sociable distance so that they might enjoy the music together and yet each in their own way and with their own space. Sweeping the errant strands of hair from his face, he matched her smile with one of his own and tipped his head politely.

"I am Rōjūrō, though Rose suits me a little better. Now, to who do I owe the pleasure of sharing this number with?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:45 pm

HIME

As the graceful man settled down beside her, Hime maintained a bright expression of joy that illustrated the delight she felt within this man's presence. They seemed to share a mutual interest in the realm of artful expression.

The fortunes decreed by fate seem quite generous today, she mused. She sat down on a whim, inspired the melodiously smooth sweep of the guitar and the technical rhythm of the drums, and the soft buzz of the trumpets. Such an experience on it's own would've been the highlight of her day.

Sharing the company of a man with a profound view on musical expression elevated this moment into the realm of a truly wondrous experience, one to hold in pleasant memory. She would learn about a medium she had never approached in her entire life and enjoy the music at the same time.

"Hime. Hime Tatsumiya. Pleasure to meet you, Rose. Judging from the way you talk about jazz... are you a musician yourself? If so, what instrument do you favor the most?"

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:01 pm

That smile grew all the wrier as Hime inquired about his musical preferences. A quiet smugness rather than anything malicious, of course, because he did quite enjoy being well within his comfort zone.

"Hime? What a lovely little name. But I am somewhat of a musician, yes, you've rumbled me already. Somewhere between the guitar and the piano is where I would place my natural preference, but if you really wanted to twist my arm then I would have to pick the former as it is much easier to carry it around when I'm travelling."

He did somewhat regret the decision to leave his instruments behind, knowing all too well that he could have stolen the show and dazzled any number of onlookers. But he did not always have to be the centre of attention. There was equal enjoyment in appreciating the craft from afar, letting others take the spotlight whilst he enjoyed the finer things.

"What about yourself? A writer, a poet, or both? I would be lying if I said I had not dabbled in both, but what holds your heart closest?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:26 pm

HIME

Hime nodded softly, listening to the man speak about his preferred instrument of choice. She admired those who could play an instrument with talent - it spoke to years of commitment and poise that left in the graceful shinigami in awe. Such a talent demanded nothing but respect of the highest order.

Hime could not help but wonder humorously about the prospect of playing an instrument herself, to say nothing of whether or not she'd play it with any form of success.

When Rose inquired about her writing style, Hime stroked her chin thoughtfully, taking an observing glance across the pages of her notebook. Writer or Poet?

"Both. Although, my poetry leaves something to be desired - I feel it lacks a certain rhythm and grace required to enliven a reader's mind or imagination. Writing, even if it's my own thoughts written in ink, has always guided me through the vigorous trials of life. "

Hearing that he had dabbled in poetry and writing had certainly sparked the woman's interest, even if it was a minor dabble. What a multi-faceted man, truly.

"There is something to be admired about musicians. Those who can compose, write, and play an instrument without missing a beat - I truly find that to be an amazing gift. When a musician writes music, I believe they call the that type of writing... Lyricism?"

END POST
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:28 pm

"And, in that, we artists are all brothers and sisters. We express ourselves through our crafts, so that is where the true beauty lies. No matter the quality, exceptional or adequate, we have poured a piece of ourselves into every work."

It was rather easy to get Rose rambling about the arts, given his inclination towards those hobbies over most other matters. A mirthful laugh followed his comments as an air of amusement overtook the musician. Oh that he might spend all his days like this, then perhaps things might have turned out a little different.

"A musician crafts songs like a writer crafts sentences, by the lyrics or the calibre of words can we express our talents for others to appreciate. I would dare think that to be a master lyricist is to be able to apply such knowledge and expertise at a moment's notice, true improvisation."

"But I sense that you are something more than a simple aspiring artist. If you do not mind the inquiry, Ms Tatsumiya, do you have another hobby beyond the written arts that you spend your days doing?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:07 pm

HIME

Each word that danced from Rose's lips was hardly something she viewed as rambling. There those who claimed they adored artistic expression yet their actions would always tell an entirely different story that ran counter to those claims.

Graceful men like rose was truly someone who admired the timeless concepts of artistry and expression. To Hime, someone who had embraced poetry and writing as a way of carrying her through difficult times, Rose was not only a breath of fresh air... he was an electrifying experience.

Somewhat lost in the rhythm of his elegant words, Hime quickly shifted her focus to his inquiry into her other hobbies. Stroking her chin softly, the graceful woman ruminated on what else she enjoyed to participate in. Outside of her duties to the Gotei, Hime could only think of two more hobbies she enjoyed to do in her spare time, away from the watchful eyes of others.

"Outside of the duties or objectives set out before me by my Captain Commander, I have two more hobbies that I don't feel are as entertaining as writing or even music... but if you wish to know, I enjoy preparing meals and sharing them with others. Cooking is something I always enjoyed, even as a child. I was somewhat raised in the kitchen, as one might say. My mother always let me and my sister assist her when she prepared meals in the cafe she had built in the Rukongai."

She smiled somewhat sheepishly as she continued. The last hobby was somewhat vain but she enjoyed it nevertheless. That's all that mattered, right?

"The last hobby isn't so much a hobby but something I enjoy doing simply because it brings me an odd sense of joy. I enjoy the idea of doing makeup. Whether by myself or if someone was willing to indulge me, there is something I find satisfying about applying makeup to my own face or the face of others. Perhaps it's a girlish trait I never shook from my childhood..."

END POST
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:46 pm

Listening to Hime expand upon her hobbies was certainly entertaining in its own right, of cooking and of makeup, but it was her brief mention of a Captain-Commander that piqued his interest. Obviously it shouldn't have, as he was still trying to avoid most any reference to Soul Society for mostly his own good, but morbid curiosity did appeal to him in a strange way.

Besides, he had been wondering where he had heard that name from ever since she had introduced herself. It was only as she explained her origins and revealed her line of work that two and two had been put together. A smile still lingered upon his lips as he pried into the mystery, blissfully ignorant of what exactly he might be dredging up with his words - if anything.

"Ah, my instincts have not yet failed me after all these years. I did consider your family name familiar, that of a Captain of the Thirteen Court Guard Companies who retired several centuries ago. It was quite the scandal back in the day. I wonder, does the name 'Kirio' ring any bells? In these dark times of late, I wouldn't mind hearing what became of a fellow retiree. We're a rare breed, you know, especially now after the restructuring."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum