Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Empty Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta]

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm
Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Z2q6v3M

VANYEL XIAOYANG

For most, developing their powers usually didn't involve something incredible mundane and normal. A lot of people wanted to create powers and applications of them based on being able to fight -- and, while that was part of what he intended to do, there were other passions he held that he wanted to incorporate into those powers. So, a lot of his free time beyond conventional martial training was spent cooking.

It was both for himself, as well as for Rita, Kenichi, and the other people employed at Gracen Arms. He wasn't bringing entire crockpots full of stuff or anything, but he wanted to at least practice his technique and hone his skill while also developing himself. Usually he was a stickler for fitness and health, but, given the proclivities of his employer and friend, he had become a bit more lax on making sweets.

Everything was pretty normal -- until he heard a sudden loud noise coming from outside, startling him from what he was doing. His first thought was a gunshot, or fireworks -- but, at this time of day, at this time of year? That didn't seem likely. Maybe something else happened in the complex? Perhaps it was -- well, until he heard a sudden, loud bang at his door, as well as the clink of something metal falling to the ground.

Stepping out of the kitchen, he wound around the room to look at the door -- only to see the knob quietly rolling in circles on the floor in front of the door.

"Y'know, I might be pissed that you broke my door, you could at least knock, asshole."

END POST | DRAGON OF KYUSHU
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Left_bar_bleue0/0Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Empty Re: Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta]

Wed May 01, 2024 3:43 pm
Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] MPftNxw

AMARANTA VALERIA | BURNING LIONESS

"Answer the door faster, then, dragon boy. I dont' have time to waste. After all, I'm here on urgent business."

To those unfamiliar with this connection, the familarity between these two traces back to a chance meeting where the sun-kissed lioness broke into his home in a similar manner, devoured his food when he was away because it smelled good, and engaged him in a conflict that resulted in what could squarely be considered a friendship on Amaranta's part. Whether or not he felt the same was an entirely different story altogether, but it was pretty inconsequential at the moment. Regarding him with a fierce gleam of sapphire, Amaranta placed a hand at her hips, pointing a finger in his direction.

"I want to learn how to cook, Van. Teach me."

END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Empty Re: Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta]

Wed May 01, 2024 9:12 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Just as irritating as the first time she came around. Vanyel's eye twitched at both the response and the memory it triggered -- where she broke into his house out of nowhere, completely naked, and ate the food he had out at the time. It turned into a fight, but, he quickly found out how much she outclassed him, at least when it came to raw physicality. It didn't stop him from chewing her out -- though she was pretty unbothered by it.

"At least you're wearing clothes this time..."

Sighing and rolling his eyes, Vanyel leaned down to pick up the doorknob, tucking it in his pocket, making a mental note to get the items needed to fix it, only to have that thought process suddenly disturbed by Amaranta's request. She wanted to learn how to cook? Even if he didn't know a whole lot about her, she sure didn't seem like the type to suddenly want to learn how to do something like that.

"...Wait, what? Why? What the hell made you want to learn how to cook?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Left_bar_bleue0/0Can You Smell What the Dragon Is Cooking? [Vanyel, Amaranta] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed May 01, 2024 10:03 pm

"Of course, I'm wearing clothes this time. What would I look like coming to you for a request like this naked, huh?"

Flashing a grin momentarily, she reflected on how she entered his home before now. To her, it was overwhelmingly hilarious. Judging by his current expression as he recalled the event, she could tell he certainly didn't feel the same, but they were here now. The fierce expression in her eyes quickly returned as she thought of how to best express why she desired this. Pride would never allow her to admit it, but she couldn't bear the thought of that reject from a Godzilla film gaining the upper hand on her Khaana's household of three. Thus, if she intended to learn how to cook and prepare meals, she would do the same just to lord her over that and show her who was the superior woman in the household. Nothing more, nothing less.

"There's this woman I live with who's learning how to cook, and I don't want that creature gaining the upper hand on me in anything, not even this. I thought about reading a few cookbooks, but I figured... you cook pretty well for a guy, so why not go and learn from a pro? Whether you need cash or a favor, I'll help, but it'd be nice to get your assistance on this. Whaddya say, dragon boy? Ya gonna help me or what?"

END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

"Like a weird, niche xiǎojie."

It wasn't often he used his mother tongue in casual conversation, but, irritation made him return to his roots for a moment. He didn't hate her or dislike her, per say, he was just angry that his door was broken and that she had decided to just barge in -- again.

If he had one yen for every time this happened, he'd have three by now. It was pretty weird that it had happened twice, even moreso that now there was a third. As he looked around Amaranta to see if there were any screws laying on the ground, his attention shifted back to the woman as she explained herself. Someone else in her house was learning, and she just didn't want them to show her up?

"...If that's the only reason, your cooking is gonna suck ass, no matter what I teach you, because I can already tell exactly how you'll start trying."

Ignoring the sexist remark, he folded his arms over his chest. In all likelihood, she was probably going to try and literally throw things together in order to make it work. Given the powers she showed off when they fought each other in their first meeting, she probably had a similar temperament. But, it was something he enjoyed, and, teaching someone about it didn't seem...so bad, at least on paper.

"I wouldn't call myself a pro, but...if you're actually willin' to learn, I can give it a try. Most of it's not really that complicated, but, we'll get there when we get there. As for a favor...hm."

That actually made him take pause. He didn't really want or need a whole lot that required a favor from someone else. Then again, the only thing that had been on his mind for months had been the same thing it had been since he originally began looking to become human again: powers, and growing as a martial artist.

"I don't really have a lot that I'd need someone else for. But, if nothin' else, how about bein' a sparring partner? Someone to keep testing my martial skill, to test my powers on, maybe to get feedback on powers and whatnot too. How's that sound?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 03, 2024 1:41 pm

"What do you mean by that, huh? How do you imagine it'll play out?"

Amaranta didn't exactly enjoy the thought of revealing too much information about her true purpose in coming here. She merely wanted a quick solution to learning the culinary arts. Of course, she supposed it was rude to be so demanding and not express herself in a way he could understand. In truth, Kanako was somewhat inconsequential to her in the equation. She was certainly a core part of it, no doubt, but her competitive soul simply wanted to learn a new talent and see where she could take it.

Plus, it certainly beat always having to dress properly when rushing to the door for carryout. She had frightened or scaroused many delivery men by walking to the door in her bare form, and although she didn't mind, the leonine woman was well aware of how much reputation could spread like wildfire. Exhaling softly, she rubbed the back of her head as she looked off to the side.

"Fighting? Really? That simple? Fine. I don't mind. If you want a sparring partner, I'll fight you as many times as you want, whenever you want. Regardless of my intentions, I do admit that this cooking thing looks pretty interesting at first glance, and... deep down, it's more than just showing up that dinosaur. I wanted to see if I could impress that cute brat I call my boss. Show her I picked up something new. She's a close friend of mine, and I'm not exactly all that trustworthy of who she welcomed in just yet. Though, for a kissass, I guess she's not all that bad..."

END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 04, 2024 3:48 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Judging from her snippy reaction, he figured he wasn't wrong. First thing before anything else was to hope to install some level of patience in her. But, as he noticed her rubbing the back of her head and looking to the side, as if he had caught a kid in a lie or something, he raised an eyebrow. He expected her to have a more happy reaction to what he wanted -- she loved to fight, after all.

She wanted to impress someone? Her boss? Well, that was a bit better. It definitely wasn't the only thing she should strive for when it came to learning how to cook, but, it was a start. So, stepping behind Amaranta and shutting the door after checking to make sure the latch still worked, he started walking to the kitchen, gesturing the big cat behind him along.

"Not terrible motivation, but not great either. Bein' able to impress people is fine and all, but learnin' what about cookin' makes you happy is also important, so is bein' able to feed yourself, even if you don't have much."

He fished around one of the cupboards, pulling out a decently sized binder and setting it on the counter, flipping through a few of the pages.

"We'll start with something easy. You ever tried making eggs? Know any of the different ways you can cook 'em?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 04, 2024 5:09 pm

"What makes me happy, huh? What makes you happy whenever you do prepare a meal?"

Voicing that genuine curiosity without the typical air of rebellion to her tone, Amaranta tilted her head to the side as she followed behind him, observing his every movement as she reflected on his words. Throughout her entire life, she felt the only notion that ever brought her any real happiness was the constant glory of being in a position of superiority, of being universally and resoundingly strong. The one who leads by example. A leader and never a follower. Compared to humans, individuals she still struggled to understand even now, that idea had never crossed her mind.

What sated her desire was the joy of combat and the boundless adrenaline rush it presented. Anything else felt almost secondary, but had that truly defined her now as much as it did back then? Was it incorrect in this era? She was no longer an isolated warrior. Most of her time was occupied by meeting someone new each day, by experiencing unexpected adventures that didn't necessarily facilitate a battle. Before her mind could grow absorbed with its existential philosophies, she turned back to Vanyel with a curious raise of the eyebrow.

"I know you can scramble' or fry em', but not much else. It isn't exactly like I've ever tried that before. Truth be told, I order carryout to avoid going through the hassle. What few attempts I made at cooking resulted in me burning the food or overheating it..."

END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum