Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 Empty Re: Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami

Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:54 pm
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 HEADER_tumblr_a5b5f603103629f26c324d1d51eb8cb2_720fb8d8_1280-1-cutout

It was certainly pleasing to see the woman enjoying the meal, even if there was an almost mesmerizing grace about the woman eating. It didn't look particularly fun, but it certainly was lovely to watch. Which really, wasn't that just how nobles did everything? The pictures of grace and serenity to say it all. What fucking hogwash, but well, at least it was nice to look at. She even felt a bit self conscious about her own manners for a couple seconds, smiling to herself at the notion of how she must look in comparison. Hah. She didn't even have great manners for a peasant.

She took a few more bites, but she did feel like maybe just finishing it up later maybe. She rested the skewer over the dish itself and felt a sheepish wave run over her. "What? Nah I think pancakes are the way to go. Perfect food to have before training!" She declared confidently, pausing to look in the woman's direction before ....tilting her head. "You ever have pancakes before?" It occurred that this feudal era noble may indeed not have had pancakes before. And already she was imagining the notion of just bringing some to class? Nah that would kinda seem a little kiss assy.Man what a mental image Maybe just like, next time they went out to eat.

She chuckled at the idea, and took another bite of her food, having slowed noticeably now. "Any stories you like in particular? Everyone has a favorite right?"
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 pm

Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 QBwp8R0

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

Was that Lerna blustering? Perhaps it was now Asami that had put her partner on the back foot, oh how the tables turned. Another carefully balanced mouthful of rice, and then she picked up her skewer and took a chunk off the last piece of meat with a feral energy. It was entirely opposite to the manner with which she had conducted herself throughout the rest of the little meal, juices now staining her lips for the first time, before the back of her hand removed them and then she was back to her previously elegant self. All in a flash, so fast that it just might have happened.

She was a noble, certainly, and that was the outlook that she spent most of her days presenting of late, but Asami had also been raised in the Nest of Maggots. She knew how to eat like a rukongai roughneck if the situation called for it, even if her previous impression was a rather exaggerated rendition. Maybe that was why she appreciated this simple meal. There was a lot the Hakuda teacher did not talk about, and those particularly clandestine days were certainly some of them.

"Very well, it's going to be pancakes then. But what's your topping of choice? Now that is a real dealbreaker."

Shooting a glance sideways, she too paused her eating to consider the next question being asked of her. Biting her bottom lip for just a moment, Asami had to think which stories she knew that interested her.

"Do you know any Japanese folklore? Those books always ended up in the library when I was a child. A particular niche, I know, but one should never judge a book by its cover."

Burning the midnight oil | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:38 pm
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 3 HEADER_tumblr_a5b5f603103629f26c324d1d51eb8cb2_720fb8d8_1280-1-cutout

Lerna was......briefly startled with what she saw. She was a bit slow on the uptake at times, but she was fast enough to catch that sudden flash of movement, her eyes widening just the slightest bit when she saw it. The only remnant that it had even happened was the juice left on the woman's lips. When Asami actually just....fluidly transitioned into the conversation she was a bit off foot and took a moment to snap herself back into it. "Uh.....topping? You mean like..... a pizza?" She murmured, itching the back of her head for a moment and chuckling. "Uhhh, I dunno what you really mean by that. I guess your pancakes were probably a bit more fancy than the ones I was used to down on earth so uh....Syrup? I guess would be my best answer." She noted with a sheepish smile on her face.

The answer as to the legends was.....interesting. She couldn't help but smile just a little at that. "Ey? That's a good mindset to have! I am, in fact, VERY japanese." She noted with a sly smile, folding her arms and puffing herself up just a little at the lidicrous statement she had made, or well, what seemed ludicrous to say the least. "Lay it on me! I would probably be familiar with it."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:38 pm

Asami scratched at the back of her head at that comment about pizzas, fingers shifting through that mass of raven black hair as the red fascinator bounced up and down playfully. Was it really that alien for some people to have toppings on pancakes?

"Fine. Clearly, you are in need of an education, so I can always take you to a place where you can get whichever pancake toppings you want. Something they might have been missing on Earth, I wonder."

Picking up her food again, she took another few bites in her typically refined manner once more. Perfectly normal and composed, she set it down again after taking her fill and mused over the legends. It was interesting that Lerna was Japanese, perhaps she would know more about them than her limited knowledge. Would it make her seem like a prude for picking something relatively basic? Also possible, but at least it was something.

"Oh? I would not want to offend a native, but I am a fan of the classics. The Tale of Princess Kaguya is one that always sticks with me, if that rings any bells?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:00 am

Lerna couldn't help but chuckle just a little bit. The funny part was: she really didn't WANT to try toppings on her pancakes. She liked pancakes with syrup. And the idea of like...sprinkling something ontop of it, even good stuff, really just seemed like a waste of Pancakes. But even so. "Sounds like a plan! I shall learn from the mistress of pancake topping." She noted with a light sweeping of her hand and a little bow of her head, a good natured exaggeration before she set her food aside and perked up when she saw Asami do the same.

There was a pause, a briiiiiiief moment when she REALLY did wonder if she was about to hear the legend she thought she was gonna. But what DID show up made her smile lightly, a chuckle escaping her as she thought back to THAT legend. "Hardly! That's not a bad one at all. A little on the sad side of things. Though I suppose plenty of legends are for one party or another." She noted and gave.....an appreciative nod of her head as she could certainly see why the woman liked that one. A story of a woman unable to love for her own great terrible secret. And Lerna's expression does shift a little. And oh how she did feel that one. Hm.

"That's a really lovely tale actually." She noted softly, smirking to herself as she let her mind just wander for a little, before glancing back up to Asami. "What makes it your favorite? If you don't mind me asking?"
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:33 am

Flicking her wrist dismissively, Asami chuckled along with Lerna. Even if she was content with syrup now, that just meant that she had not experienced the full breadth of what was on offer. Nothing about the other woman struck Asami as a plain type anyway.

"Someone's happiness is often the cause of another's sorrow. There's still a beauty to the story, you know? The struggles of a woman caught up in the melancholy and the machinations of love."

There was more to why that was a story of particular interest to her, certainly, but it was not the type of thing to get into with Lerna. Not right now. Maybe she shouldn't have brought it up at all, but that much was already committed now and it couldn't be taken back. Her mind had begun to wander all of its own volition, and not into a place she enjoyed as she fought back the thoughts of another in her head.

"Favourite is perhaps a strong word, it would be hard to pick one above all others in truth. But do you like it too? Or is it just one of those stories that it is actually hard to dislike?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:54 am

Lerna nodded slowly at that, her brow raising ever so slightly as she lightly began to tap her fingers, glancing toward the noblewoman and tilting her head to the side as she idly made note of the woman's answer. "I see. I suppose there's something to be said about that. But I think the story is about so much more than that. The story's meat sure is about the rebukes of Princess Kaguya's suitors, and the slow descent into love with the Emperor. But I think the lesson is in it's ending. The offering of immortality, something that countless souls have burned themselves out seeking an end to fear and uncertainty. And yet, the Emperor has it burned. For an eternal life without his love would be known only as a hell inescapable." She noted quietly, closing her eyes as she imagined such things. Human sentiments, and to pass up immortality because of something so fleeting.

"You know. I once thought that I was a little......selfish. That my favorite story was the one that had myself in it. Feels kindof......shallow. I guess is what you'd call it these days. Vain. But no matter how many times I've asked people their favorite Tale. I've found that after I get to know them. It turns out, that people's favorite stories are the ones that they see themselves in."

She then glanced toward Asami. "And you really don't even have to ask who they see themselves in. Japanese lore doesn't really spell out what the message is. In other countries, there's something spelled out. It's subjective. So you can figure out where they see themselves just by the meaning they take from it." She sighed, glancing at Asami and smiling lightly. "But maybe that's just my old age speaking." She chuckled. "I think it's a combination of both. There's something very...homey about japanese lore. Even if they do make shit up, that shit is rooted in their cores and values. Which, can be pretty rad all things considered." She reasoned, looking off into the distance.

"Wanna know my favorite Fairy Tale?" She asked idly. Not smugly, or knowingly, or really with any inflection. It was a simple curious question, one perhaps more rooted in the context of the conversation surrounding it than anything else. After all, Lerna seemed to have gleaned a lot from Asami's favorite tale. It was only fair to offer the turn-around.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:54 am

Returning to her food once more, Asami was quite content to listen to Lerna as she dove deep into the lore of Princess Kaguya. It certainly pleased her that the choice had inspired the woman so, and she was certainly well informed about the subject material. Oh, she was actually quite enjoying this interpretation of the legend so much so that it drew another laugh from her lips.

Maybe she did see herself in the story, and thus Lerna was correct in her assumption, but the real question became who she thought Asami was. The Princess was the easy option, and certainly the most straightforward to paint those colours onto her, but could that be correct? Or was she the Emperor, denied that which they most wanted by powers beyond her own? Maybe there was some deeper meaning still, but the Fifth Officer was not in the business of clarifying.

"You're a little more learned than I first assumed, how wonderful. Japanese fables are truly a cut deeper than most of the others, ah it's refreshing to know that there is a kindred spirit out there."

Placing down her dish once more, its contents now sufficiently diminished, Asami cocked her head to one side a little as Lerna offered to tell her another story. It would be quite rude to refuse, wouldn't it? Her lips curled into a wider smile, because that would be rather cruel and she could not bring herself to do it.

"Alright, if you have a favourite then I'd love to hear it. Especially if you see a reflection of yourself in it."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:26 am

Lerna couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the woman's reaction. Cool as a cucumber she was. All the same, Lerna looked out into the distance. Smiling to herself as she didn't just remember. the ....thought back to those old days. To those ....memories so incredibly long ago. "I think it's one of a few, but it certainly stands out. Hometown bias maybe." She chuckled lightly, folding her hands in her lap for just a moment before she looked up to the sky. It was getting late, and already the slow crawl of darkness across the sky had begun. And those first shards of starlight began to peek in through that orange and purple veil.

"My favorite tale. It would have to be one of the tales of Susanoo's deeds." She noted quietly, closing her eyes as she thought back. "A quiet, gentle couple living on earth, departed from heaven. Their Eight beautiful daughters lived quietly on earth. Beset by the scourge Orochi, devouring sisters one after another. every one, a rending loss. Until all that is left....is the lone Eldest daughter, weeping in the loss of her sisters. Saved by the arrival from Heaven. The Storm god Susanoo. Slaying the cruel beast, and freeing the Eldest Sister from her tormented tears, her sister avenged, and her new love found."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:14 am

Stretching her arms out behind her, Asami let her gaze wander skyward too. It was easy to watch the stars above, to imagine what was going on in the places beyond her reach. But she couldn't wander too far right now, her entertainment was right next to her and there was a story to gauge.

"The Orochi, huh? Such a vile creature, to have consumed the seven youngest sisters and left the oldest and her parents to suffer. Praying on them one by one."

Her gaze snapped downwards again, chin now resting in her hands, as she levelled on Lerna once more. Who did she see herself as in that tale? Susanoo was the obvious choice, slaying the serpent, claiming the girl and the fabled weapon. In a similar way to her own fable, was Lerna cunning enough to pick a story where there seemed like an obvious choice but it was just window dressing for something a little deeper. Maybe she was the eldest daughter, caught up in the drama and helpless, but she did not seem like the damsel type.

"What it must have been like to find the Grass-Cutting Sword amidst the remains. Was it reward enough for the loss of all those innocents and whoever else the serpent might have prayed upon?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum