Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite) Left_bar_bleue0/0Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite) Empty Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite)

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:10 pm

The Soldier Quincy

Jonathan Weber

Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite) 6EdIfMt

Artist: Teminite - Song: Ascent - Word Count: NA

It always amused Jonathan that the weapon formed from the depths of his soul made a sound. He wasn't sure why: Gerechtigkeit looked like a gun, felt like a gun and recoiled like a gun, so sounding like one shouldn't have been much of a stretch. The inquisitive part of him, however, continued to mull over it occasionally like a pet with a favorite toy. The production of sound implied the production of vibrations, and yet Reishi, for the most part, seemed to function more akin to light than physical matter. Maybe it was a mental thing? His mind manifesting what he expected to happen? Jonathan suspected the true answer was simply Reishi doing weird things again, but he liked to think the issue was solvable.

Shaking his head to clear himself of the stray thoughts, Jonathan keyed the simulation to begin again. Four simulated Hollows flashed into existence with a snarl, leaping at him even as Jonathan snapped a headshot off on one of their number. The Quincy barely rolled under the claws of the first, ducking the projectile quills of another. Now would be a really nice time to develop the Blut Cyrus told me about. Being able to actually take an attack would be nice. Jonathan thought, spitefully shaking his weapon as if the gun had personally denied them.

A quick movement of his thumb swapped the pistol to its armor-piercing mode, blowing a huge hole through the chest of the final Hollow. Sweat coating his brow, his chest heaving, Jonathan collapsed onto a bench on the side of the room, his fingers clutched around his Quincy Cross. It would take him around 5 minutes to recharge all of his spiritual energy, an embarrassingly long time for a Quincy of more than a year...

Last edited by Laskt on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite) Left_bar_bleue0/0Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite) Empty Re: Quincy Boot Camp (Hime/Invite)

Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:10 pm

NATASHA | HUMANITY'S STRONGEST SOLDIER

Playing the role of a spectator, Natasha had entered the training room and remained relatively silent, somewhat amused to find that it had already been occupied by someone else - a man who certainly appeared to be around his thirties - appearance-wise, at least. He would finish his training, falling into a bench, covered in sweat.

His heaving chest and the grasping of his Quincy Cross definitely spoke to some form of exhaustion or rustiness. Natasha was not particularly sure if her prediction was correct, but his appearance seemed to lend an inkling of credence to her theories. She decided to grab a bottle of water as she walked over and handed it to him, a polite smile in her countenance as she approached the man with a measured but pleasant sense of professionalism.

"Heya' there, s'ugah. You looked like ya' worked up a mighty fine sweat' during' that session. Here's somethin' to drink," she'd sit beside him on the bench as she looked back towards him with curious azure eyes. "I'm not tryna' make assumptions or anythin' but judgin' from how out of breath ya' seem... you seem as if yer' tryna work some rust off. If ya want, I can help ya' out. I'm always down' for helpin' out a fellow quincy. 'Especially one who uses guns like me," Natasha would finish with an amused smirk, manifesting a secondary bow in the shape of a desert eagle. Casanova. She always enjoyed using this one in particular.

END POST | ALL IS WELL, SAFELY REST

Last edited by Iori on Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:51 am

The Soldier Quincy

Jonathan Weber

Jonathan's head snapped up as a voice echoed across the training room, nearly dropping his cross from the surprise. A warm smile crossed his face, even as he felt her greatly superior Spiritual Energy wash over him. At this point, Jonathan was beyond caring about who was stronger than him, it was almost everyone anyways so he might as well make some strong friends.

"Zanks a bunch! Zis Quincy business is a lot harder than you all make it out to be." Jonathan said, taking a deep draw from the water bottle. "May I ask your name miss? I'm Jonathan, Jonathan Weber." The former soldier proffered a hand as the woman sat down on the bench next to him.

The Quincy would listen attentively to the woman's questions, his hand scratching the back of his head in a sort of embarrassment. "Ha...I guess vu could zay it was rust. I didn't avaken my powers until a few years back, demon attack on my base in Germany. I only started learning zee basics before the whole Vastime business, and zen certain...circumstances knocked me out for a good vile after. Really just trying to move past zee basic Spiritual Weapon summoning right now."

Jonathan grinned as the woman formed a Desert Eagle from the ether, forming his own Thompson Contender in response. "It's good to meet another person without one of zose fancy bows. I'll gladly take zee help if you're game!"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:59 am

German accent, huh? Neat, Natasha thought as she listened to the man speak. A demon attack was something the blue-eyed sharpshooter was commonly familiar with.

Pesky' sons of bitches, some of those were. Toying with Casanova, the blonde-haired woman smiled as she decided to give a proper introduction. She hadn't mentioned her name at all, huh?

"Natasha. Natasha Miller. Pleasure to make yer' acquittance, Johnathan. If I spoke about my reasons of bein' here, we'd be here for some time and I can tell yer' eager to improve on your skills, so I'll see how well I can help. I'm glad ya' appreciate the gunplay goin' here, I got a whole spellcraft centered around this'... that Thompson Contender looks like a real beauty'. Here's to hopin' I can help ya wield that bad boy with a little more success."

After extending her hand to shake his own, she rose up from the bench and gazed back at him. "Any simulations you have in mind? I'm not the type to really throw' the entire kitchen' sink at a fellow soldier, so... tell me what the nuances of yer struggle might be. From there, we can fill in the blanks as to how we can improve on spirit weapon manifestation." Even though Natasha's spirit weapon were a set of bullets - something that always proved to be a crafty deception for her opponents - she was still familiar enough with the basics.

Last edited by Iori on Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:40 pm

The Soldier Quincy

Jonathan Weber

Jonathan shrugged, he had never expected Natasha to give out her reasons for fighting willy-nilly, so their concealment didn't honestly bother him that much. In Jonathan's eyes, everyone was entitled to their secrets, it was just that his circumstances required a little context to truly understand. The violation of his secrecy wasn't exactly enjoyable, but he didn't really have much of a choice.

"An entire spellcraft you say? Wouldn''t mind learning a little if you're game, all I've been really able to do with my powers so far is shoot the damn thing. Couldn't hurt to have a little more variety in my spirit-slaying." Jonathan supposed he couldn't exactly be annoyed at his abilities, Gerechtigkeit had served him well in dealing with the garden-variety Hollows that he had come across in his duties. However, if he ever hoped to become more powerful, the Quincy suspected he would need something with a little more....oomph.

Taking Natasha's handshake, Jonathan rose to his feet as well, tapping Gerechtigkeit against his leg. "To be honest, going back to the basics might be what I need. I know Quincy are supposed to have other abilities like Blut and Hirenkyaku whatever those are, but I haven't been able to quite figure them out yet. I've tried, but I just can't get the Reishi Manipulation down. Perhaps we can run a basic combat scenario and you can give me some pointers?"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:18 pm

"I might not be able to teach ya' the grand aspects and the deeper nuances n' stuff, but I'll certainly' do my best, Johnny' Boy. Basic combat scenario' sounds just fine to me'." Natasha would pace back and forth, momentarily, assessing Jonathan's current state. Part of the reasoning for the observation was to understand his physical state and how well he could handle manipulating reishi.

In Natasha's experience, knowing the bare basics and nuances of the techniques, to get a basic grasp for manipulation was learning proper focus - developing a proper endurance in one's body also went a long way, too. Natasha clapped her hands together after taking a few minutes to observe him.

She felt that his first mistake was trying to do too much in one go, especially after being out of commission for as long as he had been. Based on his knowledge, the basics would be the best way of easing him up the ladder and learning how to utilize his skills as a quincy.

"Okay, let's start with the basics. We'll run a basic combat scenario between you and me. I hope you have an analytical eye, honey. I'll break down things' as we go."

Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:01 pm

The Soldier Quincy

Jonathan Weber

"That's fine by me. Think all that fancy stuff might be a little beyond me right now anyways. I'm perfectly fine to settle for mediocrity." Johnathan would say, stretching from side to side. The former soldier was a utilitarian first and foremost, and would gladly take a few practical skills over some grand lecture on the inner workings of Spiritual Energy. He saw how that kind of thing could be useful, but the man had had his fill of that kind of thing during his initial training with Cyrus. After a while of talking about Reishi and Reiryoku or whatever, everything started to blend together a little bit.

"I'll try my best Natasha. Don't hesitate to call me out if I screw up though." Jonathan said, flashing his new teacher a quick grin. He truly appreciated the woman taking time out of her day to teach a greenhorn like him a few tricks: maybe next time he was deployed to a combat zone he could contribute a little more than some inconsistent sniping.

With the ease of long practice, Jonathan keyed a few commands into the simulator, causing a few basic virtual Hollows to materialize from the ether. While they snapped and snarled like the genuine article, they would do nothing until given the command by Natasha. "Alright then. Where do we start?" Already, Jonathan could feel the first stirrings of curiosity and anticipation stirring in his gut. This was going to be fun.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Natasha observed the virtual hollows as they formed within the simulation room, snapping and growling at the two, though they remain motionless until Natasha set in a command. Slowly walking forward, Natasha went through the first lesson of what she wished to employ - a precise focus of a quincy's energy and how they direct it. Judging from his training moments ago, he seemed to desire working on the offensive side of the scale and it was this side that Natasha would address first.

"The first thing ya' need to do is properly and smoothly focus in on where and how ya' wish to direct the flow of yer reishi. Quincies turn reishi into power by pouring it into their veins and utilizin' it in a variety of ways. Yer probably well aware' of that, I'm certain. Ya got' blut. Ya got' Hirenkakyu' and spirit weapon manifestation - all stemmin' from how well ya' can absorb it. " Natasha would turn to the hollows once more as she thought of what he should try first.

"Observin' ya from a far, I felt like ya' were forcin' things by tryin' to extend yerself beyond what yer body is currently' capable of', ya know'? Choose one focus' and work from there. Let's run ya' through the physical enhancement part first. Use Hirenkakyu to evade and shoot down your targets. Focus on the reishi around yer' feet and let it flow through ya, let it be yer' guide while you destroy each simulated hollow. It's a little advanced for yer' basic quincy but I think you can do it, darlin'."

Last edited by Iori on Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:32 pm

The Soldier Quincy

Jonathan Weber

The information Natasha had given him wasn't exactly new: similar statements had been a constant refrain in the dark days after he had first gained his powers. Maybe Quincies were born with some innate understanding of how to direct all this energy, but Johnathan simply didn't get it. It was only with direct physical contact with his Cross that he could even try for basic Reishi manifestation, let alone the finesse and delicacy most of these techniques seemed to need.

"Sounds like it's worth a try. Last time I tried this I nearly blew off my legs however, so I would be careful"

Nonetheless, Johnathan was nothing if not a problem-solver, and tried his best to do as Natasha instructed. The German Quincy closed his fingers around his cross once more, closed his eyes and focused. Remembering Natasha's advice, Johnathan reduced his output of Reishi to a mere trickle, gradually allowing it to widen bit by bit. It was fairly difficult for the greenhorn Quincy: the energy didn't want to be caged, it wanted to spill out in an overpowering wave. As the minutes passed however, Jonathan's will began to win out.

Very carefully, Jonathan stepped forward his boot landing on a flickering blue mass hovering an inch above the padded floors. Excited, the Quincy mentally pushed the cloud forward, sending him shooting forward at a speed much faster than anything he had ever experienced. For an instant, Jonathan felt on top of the world: finally he had truly done something Quincy-like!

Then, he realized that he didn't know how to shut it off.

The sudden surge of panic shattered the man's careful control of the Reishi, sending the Hirekakyu scattering into particles and Jonathan himself face-first into the opposite wall. It was padded thankfully, but Johnathan still groaned as he picked himself off the ground. The crash had shook him so badly, that it took a full five seconds for a massive grin to appear on his face.

"I did something! Was that that Hirenkakyu thing? Don't think I can aim moving that fast but its a start!"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:31 pm

Natasha could hardly contain her laughter as she placed a hand against her mouth, witnessing Jonathan flying through the air as he slammed face first into a wall. She wasn't commonly one to laugh at someone else's misfortune but the comical manner in which it occurred elicited a lighthearted chuckle from the blue-eyed sharpshooter. Walking over towards him, she smiled down at Jonathan and offered a hand to help him off the ground.

" Haha, a lil' shaky but that's a start! Some progress is better than none, I reckon'~ To answer yer question, yea. That moment you were using the reishi to carry you rather than your two feet was Hirenkakyu. I'll let you recover first and we can try again, s'ugah."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum