Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Left_bar_bleue0/0Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Empty Reunion (Henrex/Invite)

Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:47 am
Reunion (Henrex/Invite) K31E28s

LASKT

Laskt, for once, was at peace.

The Vizard knight wafted the scent of the coffee under his nose, appreciating the scent of the dark roast. Laskt had found this little shop shortly after his promotion to a seated officer, and appreciated both the simplicity of its design and the quality of its beverages. It was a nice way to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the Third Division Headquarters to relax a little or work on a few reports. While Laskt did appreciate his new life, there were moments where he longed for the quiet and solitude of the Detention Unit. It had been a prison of his own making, but at least he didn't have to worry about some rank amateur nearly immolating him with a poorly-cast Kido

As if the thoughts of the Stealth Force had summoned him, Laskt spotted Henrex Astillon emerging from Shino Academy just across the street. The former Captain and he perhaps hadn't been friends (acquaintances at best), but Henrex was also one of the few that had treated him well in the Detention Unit. Laskt supposed he couldn't blame those who hadn't: it had been easy to mock the fact that one of the oldest Shinigami in Soul Society was so incredibly weak. Still, Laskt had been meaning to check up on the man since his retirement, and now was as good a time as any.

"Monsieur Henrex!" A voice would call out as Laskt jogged to catch up with his former Captain. "It is good to see you! How hahve you been? I hahven't seen you seence I departed ze Stealth Fahrce."

HONORBOUND, EVEN IN DEATH

Last edited by Laskt on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Empty Re: Reunion (Henrex/Invite)

Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 pm
Reunion (Henrex/Invite) ZBd0Iyu

HENREX ASTILLON | STORMSWORD

"That'll be all for today, you can go. Keep practicing, even if in small amounts."

Henrex would give a warm smile to his students as they filed out, taking in a deep breath as the courtyard emptied itself. Now he knew how his own instructors must have felt after a long day like these, back when he was in the academy. But, perhaps they too held the same passion that he did for the art of swordsmanship. He gathered his things, humming softly to himself as he tucked a book under his arm and made his way out.

But, he heard someone call out his name, and he stopped, turning around and seeing Laskt jogging to catch up to him. The man let out a soft chuckle as he approached, offering a small wave. It had been a long time since he had last seen the man, a rather isolative member of the Detention Unit. His eye twitched at the mention of his dismissal, despite the length of time it had been since then, it never seemed to stop stinging. Nevertheless, Henrex greeted him with the same warm smile he had given his students not too long ago.

"Likewise, Laskt, it's good to see you too. I've been doing alright, better than I was previously, at least. You seem to be doing well, yourself. I can tell you're in a remarkably good mood today."

END POST
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Left_bar_bleue0/0Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:12 pm

LASKT

Laskt returned his former's grin with one of his own. It was perhaps tighter and more reserved than most, but it would likely be a shock to anyone who had known him before his resurgence. The old Laskt was standoffish, closed-off, and certainly didn't do anything as human as smiling.

"A good mood? I suppose so, eet is nice to see ze Seretei again after my absence. I see ze Academy is ze same as ever."

Laskt eyed the big building, a strange feeling washing over him. It was odd to think that he had existed long before the first foundation stone of this building was set to mortar, and definitely before the first class had been gathered to learn. It was just another point that separated the ancient Vizard from his peers among the Shinigami a fact that....saddened him more and more than he expected it to. Laskt still wasn't anywhere close to being a social butterfly, but a hunger for talk was beginning to awaken within him.

"I am glad to hear you are doing better however. You certainly seem more relaxed. How are ze students? Zey seem very.....enthusiasteec if zee explosions are anything to judge by."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Reunion (Henrex/Invite) Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:32 pm

It was strange to see Laskt smiling, given what he knew about the man, but he welcomed it nonetheless. It was good to see him more lifelike, rather than the man he had seen before. While he would hardly be one to call the Soul Society home anymore, he understood how it felt to return home after a long period of absence, something that he could relate toward all too well.

"I hope that the return wasn't too jarring. Coming back after so long, there must be much that's changed."

Perhaps it was merely the World of the Living, and the myriad of places he knew and was a part of that went through these changes that had occurred in the time that he himself was absent from the world. So many things happened, many regrets that weighed on the half-breed's conscious. The loss of a friend, the loss of a inspiring commander, the shadows that stretched over the place he had called home, and the events that ravaged the world he had sworn to protect -- and he was not there.

It was terrifying -- for the world to move on without you.

But, he was quickly jarred from the rabbit hole of the thought process as Laskt inquired about the students, particularly the excitement and explosions. Henrex quietly chuckled, shaking his head. The academy had no shortage of eager youths, desiring to become something more, and some too eager, attempting to race to the finish line.

"I'm probably extremely biased, but, my students have been great. I try to make my lessons interesting and fulfilling, and I hope that they take them to heart. As for the explosions..."

He fell silent for a moment, an amused smile coming to his lips as he turned to look toward the academy.

"Well, while I'm just a Zanjutsu teacher, I suppose there are some eager souls who are only just now learning of the existence of magic in the world, and I'm sure that would create a lot of enthusiasm. I know that it certainly did for me, back when I was in the Academy, and I know I had my fair share of spells exploding in my face."

END POST
Laskt
Laskt
Established Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:57 pm

LASKT

The endless march of time wasn't something unfamiliar to the Vizard. While he had watched the transitions from Shunsui to Abalia to (now apparently) Murasaki with little more than mild curiosity, others had railed against it, seeing it as unfamiliar and strange. Worryingly, Laskt had found that he hadn't much cared about the change of the world, not due to being jaded, but simply due to a tired acceptance that time was the one enemy none could defeat. The Vizard Knight had watched the Gotei for centuries as it grew and developed into the superpower it was today. Many heroes and villains had rose, shining with purpose, only to die or be left behind by the endless march of years. In the end, fate always somehow spared him, drifting alone with only a mocking voice to define his purpose. On bad days, Laskt still feel victim to that sense of apathy, but now was not one of those times. He coughed, realizing that he had spaced out for longer than was perhaps polite.

"Zere has been much change here oui. Still, we must move on: appreciate ze world for ze way it was, not simply zrough ze lens of nostalgia." He paused, "I must confess however, zere are certain people zat I find myself missing more and more. Ze last year has been...exhausting."

Laskt grew subdued, thinking back on his last conversation with Ulv. The woman had been like fire itself: bright, warm and passionate, only to burn out long before it could grow to be truly appreciated. Aside from the loss itself, her death had also left him without a teacher and a mentor, forcing him to struggle blindly forward with the development of his abilities. Nearly the entirety of his sabbatical had been spent struggling to complete what the woman had taught him in an afternoon. If only he had had more time....

It was these thought that made the knight produce a small smile when Henrex spoke of his students so passionately, "I am sure zat zey do Monsieur Henrex, even if zey don't show it. A good teacher is one of ze most valuable figures in a person's life in my opinion, no matter ze race or state of being. Still, if I can help out you must let me know. Ze Combat Division would be glad to assist in ze training of future Shinigami."

Taking a draft of his coffee, Laskt sighed in reminiscence, thinking of days long past. "Training to be a Shinigami is always an interesting experience, no matter ze Age. Nozing quite beats ze feeling of zat first Kido spell forming according to your will. I still remember zose first few Zanjutsu lessons, staring at my Asauchi for hours waiting for somezing to happen. If only....nevermind" Laskt said quickly, cutting himself off. The Vizard's Zanpaktou woes were his burden to bear, and he didn't want to dump them on his former Captain without warning.

"Are you busy Monsieur Henrex? We could move zis conversation somewhere ozer zan ze middle of ze street if you are not."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:42 pm

The year certainly had been exhausting. Everything he lost, and what seemed to always creep upon his back, haunting, lingering regrets that whispered in his ear. Perhaps, and hopefully, this one would be different. But, Laskt was right, they needed to move on and not cling to the past.

"I share the sentiment. But, life cannot be lived without a few regrets."

Perhaps, for some, more than just a few.

Nevertheless, as Laskt offered his aid whenever he needed, Henrex smiled, nodding as he turned to look toward the Academy. A part of his mind nagged at him, whispering doubts of returning to the place that had once so instantly turned on him, unceremoniously kicking him out the door. Perhaps there was a bit of foolishness to come from such a decision, but, for him, it felt right to be here and do his best to teach the new generation.

"I'll certainly keep it in mind. I think having other examples and practitioners besides myself could do some good when it comes to teaching swordsmanship. I like to think that I'm good, but another perspective and method is always good to experience."

Henrex found himself chuckling at his own memories of training as a Shinigami. Learning the existence of Kido and magic, a new form of swordsmanship, the interesting, yet complicated and frustrating process of learning Hakuda, and the various aspects of what it meant to be a Shinigami, and of course, learning the name of his Zanpakuto. His expression changed to one of concern and curiosity as Laskt cut himself off. He could tell that there was something on his mind, but, he figured that the man would speak when he was ready.

"Ah...yes, that would be a good idea. Classes are over for today, so, you've got me for however long you need."

Henrex quickly turned and stepped out of the street, feeling a bit awkward that the conversation had gone on for as long as it did, while they were standing there in the street. Expecting Laskt to likely follow suit, Henrex turned to face him.

"Is there something wrong? You seemed a bit off when you were talking about your own memories in the Academy. Maybe there's something I could help with?"

END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum