Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Left_bar_bleue16000/1At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Empty At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika]

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:09 pm
At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] 79YDfDf

JULIAN ST. VENDEMIAIRE | VICE CAPTAIN

Typically speaking, Julian kept something of a low profile when it came to matters outside his own division. He was, after all, simply the Vice Captain of a division that tended to keep its distance already. However, this was a situation that left him with no recourse but to approach a fellow Vice Captain, and if it was a matter of development for the Gotei's needs, then he would certainly approach her without any hesitation.

"Vice Captain Masamune, thank you for your time."

He offered a deep bow to her as he entered, not wishing to start off on the wrong foot. Despite the fact that their ranks were strictly the same, Julian knew that Erika's position was one far more prestigious than his own, and one which carried far more authority. He had no intentions of being rude.

WHEN TOMORROW COMES | END POST
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Empty Re: At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika]

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:21 pm
At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Banner3

ERIKA MASAMUNE | VICE CAPTAIN

"You have something you require my expertise on I am told, vice captain?"

She asked with her eyes opening to reveal a piercing gaze which didn't exactly show any hostility towards him but there was the underlying trust that he did not call upon her for a trivial reason. She did not consider herself to be an overly incredible expert of the zanpakuto. Had she witnessed Oetsu Nimaiya, seen the asauchi and his unique circumstances? Yes. She had seen the God of the Sword in flesh and full but she did not possess a zanpakuto of her own, something that she was in the process of seeking a better understanding of herself.

The Vice-Captain of the First Division should have that much at least. Katanakaji could only do so much as it was. Evolution and growth, it had remained unchanged since she had inherited and learned of the forbidden technique from her mentor all those years ago.

To that end she was here for her own benefit as much as it might benefit the Gotei United and bolster them. Still, she was a little curious just exactly what this vice-captain had in mind and how her unique circumstances might benefit his own research.

Another brief close of the eyes while she spread out her senses and sought out any nearby people and once she was comfortable that there was no one else nearby to overhear she spoke again.

"Is this in regards to your special role as the Executioner and that zanpakuto that you possess to fulfill it?"

BANTō SHINIGAMI | END POST

At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Gamma_Signature
At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] CHARACTER_LISTAt the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] GRAPHICS_THREADAt the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Left_bar_bleue16000/1At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Empty Re: At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika]

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:45 pm

"It is not with regard to my role as Special Executioner, no. But it is a matter which directly relates to the tool of that role, as I believe that I can utilize the knowledge I have found in that weapon for a far greater purpose."

Admittedly, Julian was fully aware that he was probably walking a razor's edge with this research, and that he was putting himself into tremendous danger by bringing it forth. But there was no more time for hesitation or doubt when it came to his work, not that he had ever harbored much to begin with.

"I have been researching the zanpakuto themselves, the way that they are formed and the way that they manifest their abilities. It is my intention to discern how to directly control their development through outside means, rather than through the gradual and unpredictable process that is currently necessary. As it stands, I do not have the means to do so, but I am familiar with your techniques. I wish to know if your ability to replicate zanpakuto can give me insight in how I might do the same through this."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:54 pm

"My my, you are a pragmatic one."

It was exactly the type of shrewd nature that she'd expect from someone that belonged to this division at such a high-rank, held the position of special executioner and while her words could be interpreted as praise she did carry an admonishing tone towards what he had just said to her.

"If I may ask you a more philosophical question first. What is superior, the shinigami or the zanpakuto?"

She asked the question that was poised to her by Oetsu once upon a time when she was with Tsubaki, allowed brief moments in one of the most forbidden of places. She did not even parrot the argument that she had with the sword maker in regards to her view that the zanpakuto was superior to the asauchi. Granted, she was more naive then. Much different than how she was now.

In all, Erika's question was not intending to discern whether he thought the shinigami or the zanpakuto was the superior individual. It was the opposite, the difference was irrelevant. She just wanted to assess what a zanpakuto was to Julian. A tool, a companion, a pet, a tempermental spirit that refused to share its potential without dedication.

At the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] CHARACTER_LISTAt the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] GRAPHICS_THREADAt the Price of My Devotion [Julian, Erika] TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:03 pm

"I have been told as much. But if I am so, then I would rather put such a view toward the betterment of the Gotei's people."

Julian thought about the question she had asked, certainly aware of the deeper philosophical concerns of the question. After all, it was a serious matter that he was undertaking here, to potentially interfere in what was, by all accounts, one of the most important aspects of a shinigami's being. However, Julian's own view on the matter was skewed by experience, by understanding.

"It can only be the shinigami, in my view. The zanpakuto is a vital aspect of one's being, certainly, but without the shinigami it does not take its shape. It is a manner in which a shinigami can express their being outwardly, utilize it for the sake of their duties. However, it is ultimately little more than a tool which reflects us through its usage. The shinigami makes the zanpakuto, even if not through conscious effort, and in a way the relationship is more parasitic than symbiotic."

After all, what else could a man who had studied it as closely as he think? That it was a deep part of himself? Hardly. He understood its value from a personal matter, but that did not mean he considered it a core aspect of his being.

"If it is to be a tool, then let it be a tool that does not bend to unconscious whims or the chances of one's deepest being."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:24 pm

Her stern composure broke and Erika sighed, turning her head away to shake it a couple of times. There was no point hiding her disappointment at his idea of a zanpakuto, ultimately it came down to how one wanted to view them. Could there truly be an objective answer to that question? No. Could she sway him? Perhaps, was it her place to attempt to open his perspectives in pursuit of his taboo desires. Was she just a traditionalist or did she view them as more.

"Sokobie, come forth."

Erika called out to manifest the spirit that lingered inside of her. A peculiar case of a spirit developing from katanakaji but ultimately still hollow, empty. Nothing to imprint on or grow into and evolve. She was a snapshot of her worst aspects and the scarred older woman sucked a bit on her kiseru while shooting an unamused look between the two shinigami, not exactly interested in contributing besides a sneer being shot in Julian's direction.

"You view of zanpakuto is flawed. They grow alongside us but an asauchi is not dependent on the shinigami. They are the most powerful zanpakuto that can become anything, a blank canvas with no name to be written upon. Sokobie was not born from asauchi, she is the ideal which you speak of. I forged her poorly by forcefully inserting my wants and desires into her, and it shows that I wanted a tool. I've caused her much pain in our time together to which I believe she will never recover from."

The vice-captain sighed while waving her hand away, dispelling the manifestation inside of herself from so much of her negativity built upon the concept of a reflection of herself. What she thought would be adequate enough to make a zanpakuto to overcome her own flaws.

"I create swords, of this much you are correct but they are empty. There is no spirit inside of these swords and they will not grow or become anything more than what they were made as. It is almost ironic that through trying to create any kind of sword which you interpret as a shikai - they are closer to the misconception of the asauchi than the asauchi themselves. Shallow and defective."

Erika explained, a little curious if he would be disheartened by this or persist to seek more information about the nature of her katanakaji.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:49 pm

"If the asauchi can truly become anything, then what would be the necessity of the shinigami to begin with? Potential in itself means nothing. There is no value in something which has the ability to become anything, if in the end it becomes something that is weak and unhelpful. Then again, that is true both of the zanpakuto and of the shinigami who use them."

It was not so much that he was arguing with Erika on the point, but rather that he was building upon it. He was pragmatic in the utmost, a man who would have destroyed everything for the sake of his ideals, and in a sense he was no different even now. It simply happened that his ideals now were different.

"I do not intend to replace the zanpakuto as a piece of a shinigami, nor do I deny that the asauchi has the potential to grow well beyond what it can be. That would be blind of me, of all people. If anything, I intend to create things which will, by necessity, be shallow and defective. To produce lesser copies of zanpakuto known for their efficiency, their practicality. I think it is unreasonable to demand that every shinigami rely on something that is, by its nature, unpredictable."

Julian was not the sort of man that was ever disheartened, certainly not in this respect. He was already dedicated to this path, and even if it proved completely impossible, he would simply find another path to the same destination.

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:02 pm

"You are not concerned by the fact that the convenience of having this access may inadvertently lead to less effective shinigami who opt to neglect the zanpakuto that can grow for the convenience of these faux zanpakuto? I can not use a bankai, cannot even say my blades match up to shikai at times. Particularly complex or developed zanpakuto which possess a wide array of scope cannot easily be made."

Having established he was only supplementing the already formed foundation, Erika didn't have concerns about it not being well-meaning but she didn't want his creations to create neglect and convenience which created a situation where shinigami neglected or did not continue to grow alongside the zanpakuto because they have acquired a shoddy copy of another person's zanpakuto.

"Before I am willing to assist in the creation of these empty copies, I would appreciate understanding on the potential cascade effect this could have occur within the ranks of the Gotei."

That is to say, she was hinting that restrictions would be placed on who could access, what specific zanpakuto were made - logistical boundaries for the sake of trying to avoid any of these issues from arising. A smooth running Gotei was her priority after all, if things would disrupt the flow of work and coherency then she didn't tolerate it.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:13 pm

"I have no intention of simply giving such things away. I consider them an emergency measure, given to shinigami on assignments where their own zanpakuto cannot in good conscience be called a suitable means of protection. I think it is only irresponsible that we send such shinigami into dangerous locations without something more to protect them."

Of course, Julian understood very well the weight of simply providing another person a zanpakuto. After all, it was something of tremendous power to hand out, and he was not such a fool that he wished to simply create a generation of reckless young soldiers who had power given to them far too early.

"I intend them as temporary measures, both their creation and their dispensation only undergone with the authority of the Command division. I am quite keenly aware of the potential catastrophe that could occur if these matters are simply handled unattended, and it is not my intention to destabilize the Gotei simply for the sake of a shortsighted effort at strengthening our forces."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:20 pm

"Good. Then with that in mind, to what end are these meant to take? I must admit though I feel the solution is quite simple, isn't it? To simply modify an artifiical soul and embed it into a vessel of reishi."

Erika did not pretend to be in the realm of all this scientist talk, she was however not brutish or dimwitted when it came to things. It was the most basic simplification of the issue though, and did not consider any complications that might arise.

"My technique is temporary which is why I ask, nothing more than projections rather than anything permanent. I'm afraid it would be incredibly unsuited for what it seems like you are trying to convey."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum