Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana] Empty Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana]

Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:33 pm
[INSERT SNARK HERE]

It was late in the day, the sun or rather the facsimile of it, was setting in the Soul Society. It had been sometime since he had last been to this building, the academy where he had been taught about how to be a Shinigami, a Shinigami. He felt like he had come not nearly as far as he was capable of having gone, especially since he had since grown to have a Hollow trapped within his body. The idea sometimes made him uneasy, especially since he had less control over his own powers when compared to his Zanpakutō and the level of dominance it showed over his inner Hollow.

Strolling through the halls of the Academy, his blade at his side, the young looking man would look from room to room, wondering just how some of his teachers were doing in the days that have since gone by. The man would eventually find himself in front of the classroom of the teacher that he remembered the most now in his mind. The teacher of Hollow Studies, someone who could best help him with understanding more of his Inner Hollow, at least on a technical level at least.

The man assumed only others like himself would only truly be able to assist him in truly knowing what he was going through. The man would slowly walk into the room, his eyes scanning the room as it looked much the same as he remembered, mostly small changes as far as he could tell. “Professor? Hello?” The man would wonder if his professor was even still there, though that would be the preferred option he knew that it was just as likely that someone had replaced that professor in the time since he had been at the academy, he hadn’t kept up with the goings on at the academy since he graduated.

THREAD TITLE

WORD COUNT

TAGS

Template Made By Okuda Nobuyoki

Last edited by Okuda Nobuyoki on Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana] Empty Re: Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana]

Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:40 pm
Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana] HEADER_40007282_p9

Hisana had been taking quite well to the transition in her life. She'd of course had some trials and tribulations. But in time the shinigami around her had come to slowly gather some modicum of trust. She'd taught this class for more than half a year now. At first it had been a little difficult, figuring out what to teach. However as time had gone on, it had become actually rather...easy to sort through things. There were of course GENERAL studies. The absolute need-to-know lessons in regards to how hollows functioned in the world of the living. How they hunt, how they feed, common strategies they employ to feed, what signs to look out for when fighting a hollow. And of course, more advanced classes that involved Hueco Mundo and the menos.

But something more...unexpected has also occurred. It seemed that a certain...niche of students came to her for alternative lessons as well. The Vizards. Not quite extensive in numbers, she found a surprising number of students seeking her advice and assistance that she hadn't quite anticipated. It was....interesting.

All the same, she had been gathering her things. Getting ready to head back to her apartment, perhaps see if Miss Midori wished to go out to eat, when she noticed the voice calling out. The small woman made her way to the door and opened it, tilting her head for a moment before she offered a gentle smile. "Ah, hello there. Is there something I can help you with?" She asked, her head canting slightly to the side as her soft, gentle voice carried her intentions. Perhaps one of the leading causes for her to have garnered so much respect and trust was perhaps her gentle nature. And even now, it would be heard lacing every word.
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:03 pm
Looks Are Deceiving...

Okuda looked down at the smaller woman, his left elbow instinctively resting on the hilt of his Zanpakutō, he wondered if she was a student of the academy. She did not seem to have the gait of a student though, a rather strange thing indeed. “Well…I am looking for the professor of the class here, do you happen to know where they are young lady?” The black Shihakushō hung loosely off his lithe body, he was clearly not a normal person by any stretch of the imagination when it came to what he looked like.

The man’s look belayed his age when he was alive, many thinking he was much younger than he actually was. As he spoke to the woman his head canted away from staring down at her, slowly he looked around the room hoping once more that the professor of the class would arrive so he could speak to them. His long, almost bushy, red hair that was tied in a sort of ponytail behind his head rustled gently against the robe he wore as he looked around. He wondered just where the professor could be at this time of day, he was sure that he had gotten here just after class had ended.

Do you happen to know the name of the professor? I really could do with speaking to them about an…issue I have been having and could use some advice.” The man returned his gaze to the woman, wondering just what sort of information she could provide him to answer his questions, they were of rather import to him after all, his inner hollow dilemma was something he wanted to better get a handle on now rather than later when it became a much bigger issue for him. Okuda still had vague memories of his original life, nothing major the occasional flash, but he knew deep down that he always had issues with his personality as it were.

TGet School'd

@ForgottenMercy

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Get School'd [Okuda and Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:18 pm

Hisana offered a gentle smile and a light chuckle. " My name is Hisana, I'm the Professor for Hollow Studies. If there's something I can help you with I'd be more than happy to. Please, have a seat." she offered, gesturing to one of the desks and watching the man calmly enough. Certainly if his appearance was something gross or unusual, she certainly didn't seem to have any reaction to it in the slightest. Hollows certainly were far more grotesque. He simply looked like another shinigami so far as she was concerned.

More pressingly, she was interested to see just what kind of question he felt she was qualified to answer. She could already sense the young man well enough. Her pesquisa was far more intent than a normal shinigami's reikaku. Hm....hollow? Ah, another vizard. But all the same, she simply smile and waited patiently for him to speak. There was no need to rush after all. It was simply nice to be able to speak with others aside from just her students to be honest. Any interaction was a chance to learn a little more.
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:33 pm
And There Goes The Other Shoe.

Okuda walked towards one of the desks, a bit taken aback by the woman revealing that she was the teacher, he was not sure he could believe that after all she did not even look like she had the experience to teach basic Shinigami related abilities let alone anything as specific as what this class taught. He figured though that she must know a thing or two, what was the worst that could happen by trying to have her help him with the issue at hand. With a slight sigh of resignation, he leaned against the desk a bit.

He soon placed his right hand in front of his face and concentrated a bit and let his Spiritual Pressure build around it, concentrating it and hardening it in that oh-so-familiar way now. Soon his mask appeared just off his face, near it and resting against it a bit but not fully on it. “This. This is what I need help with, the person who once tried the help me learn about this is apparently no longer with us, so I was hoping you could help me try to figure this thing out…” Okuda almost blurted the issue out a bit, wondering just how much she really knew about what was going on with the mask.

He could feel his Inner Hollow almost eager to do something now, but he was not quite sure. He soon let the mask shatter and fade back into pure spiritual energy, no longer existing in this plane of reality, where it came from and where it went when not on him was a mystery to him. For all he knew the mask itself was pointless, just a façade to help him channel the ability, though it could also be something he needed more than anything else in the universe.

Regardless of that, he hoped that the woman could help him. “Sorry if that scared you, I know many people here don’t see Hollow Masks like that appearing on people without them turning into Hollows themselves.” The man looked at the woman as he rested himself against the desk a bit more, wondering what she thought of the situation. He wasn’t going to speak more without gauging her reaction to his hollowfication, after all it was something more common now apparently, but still quite rare in the world as a whole it seemed, but he needed to know what she knew to continue this.

Get School'd

@ForgottenMercy

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:47 am

Hisana waited patiently as the young man seemed to hesitate. Largely unaware of the incredulity with which he was assessing her. She did pause for a moment when he raised his hand. But there was no real sign of surprise or concern when he summoned his mask before her. She had, after all, surmised that he was a Vizard after all. She chuckled softly and offered a gentle smile.

"Ah, your spiritual pressure is a little unsteady when you summon your mask. I take it you're having trouble with controlling your hollow?" She asked softly. There was no worry or urgency in the way with which she asked him the question. It was as if she were making a comment on the weather. She took a moment to square away the papers she'd been handling and set them aside, walking around the desk and then standing in front of the young man.

"I can see why you would want help. I'm a little surprised though. There's quite a few other vizards even just in the Academy. Well....one less now I suppose with the upper class graduating..." Her mind floated to one of the recent graduates in particular before her attention shifted to him. Everything about her reaction seeming unbothered. All the same, she paused a short distance away from him and reached up, gently touching her own throat, as reiryoku peeled away, a shell which al lowed her hollow hole to peel open at the center of her neck, and for that white thorny choker that lay over it to form. Her Mask fragment.

"Of course I know there was an announcement. But all the same, I suppose not every student pays attention to those. I'm an Arrancar. Pulling a hollow mask won't scare me much at all, Dear." She explained calmly enough. And then gestured toward one of the desks. "If you like, you can take a seat. Go ahead and tell me a bit more about what has been troubling you. And more about the hollow inside of you." She asked politely. That serene gentleness never fading. Her voice remaining calm, understanding.
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Exposition Dump Ahead

The last fragments of the mask disappeared back into pure spirit energy, fading from existence the man would take a seat in the chair of the desk the woman had indicated to him. He let out a sigh and looked at her, his face going from the stern look to a softer one, more relaxed now that he knew she was similar to him in some fashion and that she was not overly concerned about his having an Inner Hollow. He looked the woman over, knowing that she likely faced even more hardship than he had due to her starting her afterlife as a hollow.

Well, simply put my Inner Hollow listens more to my Zanpakutō’s spirit than it does me…and my Zanpakutō itself tends to outright ignore me, sure I can make use of its abilities and even its Shikai release, but there have been times where it simply turned the faucet off, kicked me out of the release at a moments notice.” It was clear that he was thinking back to a moment he wished he could forget during a training incident some time ago. His eyes betrayed the thoughts that were not reflected upon his face.

Though the incident was quite some time ago and when he was still new at utilizing his Shikai, he knew that he had not grown much since then. Perhaps this woman would be capable of helping him, to help him get past his hang ups and to help him grow once more as a Shinigami and a combatant. The man’s eyes and mind then returned to the here and now, looking once more at the woman with a somewhat renewed sense of purpose he wondered just what advice the woman had for him regarding all of this.

So, Hisana-Sensei, do you have any advice on how I can help gain further control of my Inner Hollow at least? I doubt I’ll get the control I need over my Zanpakutō anytime soon and as such I am not focusing on that for now. I’m starting at a point where I feel I can best do what is needed to be done, so what do you say Sensei? Can you help me or should I go about this my own way once more?” He was hopeful that she might have some sort of idea, something to help him with what he needed.

Get School'd

@ForgottenMercy

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:22 pm

She smiled, happy to see the man taking a seat and giving his ....explanation as to what the situation was. And it was.....certainly....unique? She didn't think she'd actually heard of a case like his, or rather....she supposed she had never actually ASKED any of her Viard students how their inner hollows interacted with their Zanpaku'to spirits. Certainly it was..... outside of her wheelhouse a little. But not something tha threw her for too much of a loop.

"I see... I admit that's a first for me to hear. But ...if that truly is the case. You may not even need focus on your Hollow just yet." She murmured thoughtfully, rubbing her hands along her chin as she peered at the young man, specifically the center of his chest, wondering what was going on in his soul. "It may be IN your best interest to gain control of your Zanpaku'to spirit. After all, if the Zan spirit is above your hollow in pecking order, if you have control over your Zanpaku'to, then by extension you have control over your hollow. At least, I suppose, indirectly. But well...interaction with your Zanpaku'to may help you in the long run anyway. CLEARLY your Zanpaku'to currently, knows how best to keep your hollow in line. IN addition to understanding your Spirit, it COULD provide insight on how you can get a better handle on your hollow if it loses it's grip on it." She reasoned. Learn about the spirit, learn about the hollow, at the VERY least, he had some very obvious paths to success.

"From what I've heard, Zanpaku'to can be quite ....similar to hollows in many ways. There is only one thing that a Hollow respects: It's drive. An Aspect of Death, the lense through which it processes the world around it. IN a similar way, Zanpaku'to often have a ....priority. It may be simple to simply...assume that these entities inside of you simply want you dead. But that is, at best, a surface emotion. There is something that they desire out of you. And understanding that desire will help you." She pointed out, before shaking her head. "But, MOST importantly, I would recommend that you be much more careful when summoning your mask. Each and every use holds the risk of your hollow taking over. Your Zanpaku'to may have a reign on it, but YOU don't hold any sway over your Zanpaku'to spirit, and that dynamic may not last forever. When you DO explore these evanues, ensure that you are in a safe area without risk of harming others. There are instructors and other students that can help. Even if they aren't vizards themselves, many of the staff have experience working with them. Not a resource you should dismiss." She noted with a warm smile.
Okuda Nobuyoki
Okuda Nobuyoki
Starter Member

Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:27 pm
Important Question

Okuda would listen to the woman, taking mental note of all that she might say. The Shinigami would close his eyes, deep in thought as he did so. He wondered just how best to go about doing this, thinking to himself a bit, his eyebrows furrowing in the action, as if he were churning through some great debate. Okuda would gently bring his right hand to his chin, rubbing it as he thought more and more. After a little bit of time, the Shinigami came to the understanding of what she was trying to tell him that even using the Mask was dangerous, summoning it should not be done lightly.

However, the man already knew that and did try to rely on it as little as possible when in combat. He then went back to his thinking for a brief moment, ideas going into his head, some good and some bad. His mind racing at a mile a minute as he considered the various ramifications of each one, eventually though the man came up with only one idea that could be of any true use. Even if she was not much older than him, which he knew looks were quite deceiving in the Seireitei, he could benefit from her helping him.

He slowly opened his eyes and let his hand hover near his chin, but no longer rubbing it directly. The Shinigami would then look at the smaller woman, which was impressive considering he was rather short for a man, to have met someone shorter than himself that was not a child was something of an accomplishment in and of itself. However, that was neither here nor there at the moment as his mind managed to get back on track after finishing that thought.

Well, if its best to do this with the aide of another in a safe manner…would you be against helping me to learn to better control my Zanpakuto spirit as well as my Inner Hollow? I suspect you might have an idea of two on how to do this or at least might have a good safe area where it can be done.” Okuda would then look straight at the woman, his gaze not harsh nor overtly questioning, his expression one of seeking genuine help with the issue at hand, a hint of hope deep within his face as he waited for her answer to come to him.

Get School'd

@ForgottenMercy

Okuda Speech 9F111B
Shinda-en Speech FFFEDF
Asahi Speech-3B8686
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Hisana raised her brows slightly when he went on to ask about his Zanpaku'to spirit. However after a brief moment she couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm very sorry but I might be the least helpful in that department. The Zanpaku'to of Arrancar are unfortunately nothing like those of Shinigami. I don't even have what you would call a proper zanpaku'to Spirit. So I'm afraid that I would be as useful as some random civillian in learning to handle them. I don't even know what sort of precautions one might want to make." She paused, rubbing her chin for a moment before canting her head to the side. She DID have her Neighbor.... but well. Hmmm. "I know the Captain Commander is an expert, she even teaches Advanced classes in the Academy about Zanjutsu. There are also members of the Third Division who might specialize in such things There ARE quite a few who would be able to help you in that endeavor. But..."

She gave a bit of a sheepish smile. "I'm afraid that I'm not quite one of them. For now, your Zanpaku'to should be your top priority, and then from there, you can get assistance from them in handling your Hollow. A point at which I should be a much greater help."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum