Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo]

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:16 pm
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 ORXYpDI

SAWACHIKA KYO

While keeping track of the sequences she ran through wasn't terribly difficult for Kyo, it was actually following through on them that proved more troublesome. his kido was fine, and he could match her own efforts in that regard without any trouble. However, each shunpo after the first proved more troublesome, and he wasn't able to match Yuri's timing flawlessly.

Despite his frustration, however, he didn't let that show. This was simply part of learning, and Kyo devoted each of these sequences to memory, running through them in his head even as he was already actively moving through another one. If he could think of what he was getting wrong, he could apply it to the rest of them as they went.

If nothing else, he learned tremendously quickly, and that kept him from falling too terribly behind. No complaint, no open irritation, just good, honest effort. That was a man's way, after all.

END POST | THE BIG BOWL OF SAWACHIKA
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo]

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:43 pm
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

It would be quite clear to see a more...earnest smile forming across Yuri's features as they went through each sequence. Something of a ...sly....pleased look on her face as e clearly seemed to be a quick learner. Frankly it ALMOST felt like he was just out of practice. But all the same, his stamina, particularly with flash steps seemed to show he wouldn't make it all the way through the sequences. So she finally came to a stop at around Sequence Thirty, resting a hand on her hip and smiling at him. He had pretty good energy reserves as well, they seemed comparable to her own actually. That was good, she wouldn't have to slow down too much. Frankly, the hoho seemed to take it out of him the most.

"Not bad at all~ Well, I suppose that's to be expected of a Graduate." She chimed, her voice much more flavorful now. That warm, gentle, big sister tone melting away just a little as it became apparent that Kyo really didn't need to be coddled. Frankly, he reminded her a little of a beast of burden~ He worked without complaint, and even though she could tell he was straining, he hid it. Which... speaking of. She made her way over to him, and promptly pointed down in a 'Sit' gesture. Once he was seated on the ground, she promptly let her hand rest over one of his calves, that Kaido promptly glowing as she took a moment to assess him. Just to see how stubborn he was being. Checking for any significant tears. Her hands were light and delicate as she would check both legs. MOST students at least would show a bit of fatigue, and especially with the few falters he had, it had become apparent that he was the 'suffer in silence type'. All the same. Once she'd applied a bit of soothing energy she would promptly glance up at him.

"You're a big boy. Most of my students would be panting or talking about sore limbs by now." She mused, that smile of hers promptly vanishing before she reached up and applied a FIRM flick to the center of his forehead, adding a bit of a Sho to the gesture. Naturally, without the incantation or the declaration of the spell, it was weak, but it would still be enough to jolt his head back a little and possibly even get him onto his back.

"It's all very impressive. But I need to be aware of how far I'm pushing you. If you're going to be breaking down from being pushed to hard, I would prefer it to be when I intend for that to happen. And not simply because you toughed through it." She promptly chastized him. Making no real attempt to hide that there WOULD be times where she would be sure that he was a panting, sore, exhausted mess on this very courtyard.

She stood back up with surprising grace despite the long chain of shunpos and spells she'd guided him through. After all, she'd been through this little song and dance. Sometimes training several individuals a day. If nothing else, she had stamina, driven by naught but the SHEER joy she felt when she didn't break a sweat doing what left her students in panting heaps. Though it seemed that Kyo might test her in that regard.

"You've done a fair ammount today. Those little exercises. You remember the third one, right? Give shunpos in one direction, and then five back to the starting position. How many more of those do you think you could do today?" she asked him, her expression practically unreadable as she made her way to the table and took another sip of her tea.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:27 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

The flick to his forehead was enough to get Kyo back to the current moment, and he blinked once before looking to his tutor with a faintly cocked eyebrow. He wasn't going to question her methods just yet, but it was already abundantly clear that he wasn't just going to lie down and take whatever she happened to throw his way.

"If I can tough through it, then it doesn't sound like I'm breaking down just yet, now does it?"

If she didn't want him repeating anything else just yet, Kyo simply went back to the tea himself, pouring himself another small cup and thinking about it for a moment.

"Depends on how much you're willing to help with kaido, but assuming I don't have to worry about injuries, I can keep that up for a few more hours, at least. I don't tire easily."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:01 am
Summer's Over–Back to School [Yuri, Kyo] - Page 2 HEADER___gilgamesh_and_ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_tarou2__sample-da521ab775d6e765ed0e2221a50f500b

She couldn't help but smile just a little wider when she saw that sudden flare of defiance in his eyes. Oh? That was certainly something to say in this sort of situation. He really was just a brainless workhorse, just like she'd imagined. But then again, that loo in his eyes was a little too independent for a workhorse. She vaguely wondered what he really was here for. He had a considerable drive, he even seemed to be a fast learner. She had figured him to be just some big dumb idiot, but the more she learned about him, the more she was mystified that he actually WAS as bad at these things as he was.

"That's not an acceptable mindset." She stated simply enough. "You're a member of a division, aren't you? You have duties to consider. Or are you really planning on taking a vacation just so that you can heal from your training?" She ventured, that playful smile softening just a little. Putting er teeth away for a moment. The last thing she needed was this guy busting himself up with her training.

Leaning back in her seat, she promptly finished her cup of tea, before setting it on the table. Glancing back to Kyo pensively as if considering where to proceed from here.

"Claro que si. I bet even if I told you to keep going for Six more hours you'd find a way to push through it. But sheer will has nothing to do with learning. It's no wonder that you haven't progressed. I'm sure it may seem impressive to brute strength your way through obstacles, Sawachika-kun. But you can't build something simply by throwing yourself against it until it takes the shape you want. You need tools. Different Materials. Much more than just Strength and determination, right?" She reasoned, then nodded to the seat across from her.

"Come sit with me. We have a few more things to go over before we finish our session for today." She noted softly. She truly had considered simply taking him at his word, and then adding extra time ontop of that. To truly just run him down until he broke. But as fun was that would be, his determination was oddly...endearing. And crushing it would really not do much to help him with his training. Well, not with HIS personality. She still wasn't quite sure which approach would work best with him. But that was all the more reason for her to keep picking away at him. Figuring out where all this machismo was coming from. And figuring out why NOW was he suddenly so inclined to improve himself?
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:09 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

She was right, admittedly, and Kyo knew that much to be true. He was the sort of man who would power through any adversity, but the reality was that he still had limits, and it wasn't likely that he could just work through them like most of the people in his family could. He was relatively young, of course, but that only gave him more reason to want to train.

"You're right. Guess I'm just being impatient about it, eh? Not using my head as well as I should be."

Kyo was smart enough to pick up on his own failings, and he took the seat opposite her as he looked to her a bit expectantly. He'd made a few pots of different teas, and he poured himself a cup of white, a far cry from the earlier puerh. It was nearly water, but that was refreshing after having run himself ragged.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:23 am

Yuri raised a brow at that, suddenly smirking as she watched him just so quickly shift from stubborn to capitulating. "Dios mio, that was a lot faster than I thought. And here I thought you were going to insist. Aren't you just a surprise." She hummed, watching as he poured himself some tea, he rhead canting to the side before reaching toward the pot as well. "May I?" She'd ask, and if permitted, pour herself some of the tea as well. Certainly curious. But she didn't let that distract her from what she was doing.

He was nice and tired now, even if he wasn't flat out exhausted. He was winded, but still clear-headed. which was perfect for her purposes. He'd even capitulated to her own logic, and so she decided to see if that trend would continue.

"So. why is it you really decided to ask for a Tutor? Or rather, why the timing? This doesn't line up with any big developments I've heard of. Your division hasn't gotten a new Captain, unlike some other divisions. It's nice to think that you simply haven't felt adequate. But there tend to be ...instigators for this kind of thing. Has anything ..... particularly significant happened recently? Around when you decided to get back into the learning mood?" She asked him calmly and openly enough. Naturally she didn't bother why he'd chosen HER specifically. Obviously she was simply the prettiest and most effective Tutor available. But still. Getting a hold on his motivations was something she was interested in. IN much the same way she asked her students why they decided to become shinigami in the first place. It helped figuring out how best to motivate them.

And certainly, she was interested. He didn't seem like the dumb animal who just...was told he needed to be stronger and decided to go along with it. No, she had a feeling something else was afoot.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:43 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

"I'm not so headstrong that I can't see when I'm being foolish if it's pointed out. Just need a little guidance sometimes."

Kyo didn't mind her helping herself to the tea, seeing as that what what it was there for, and he listened to her questions attentively. They weren't especially surprising, and he thought about how he ought to answer for a moment or two. He could beat around the bush, but no, that wasn't quite the approach. He didn't need to spill his heart out, either.

"Had a bit of a rough breakup recently. Wasn't quite happy with how I handled it, but I'm not trying to win her back or anything like that. I just think I ought to focus on myself, and I'm not quite happy with where I am right now."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:20 pm

She couldn't help the amused little smile that played across her lips at his response. Ohhhhhh, how she liked that answer~ She always loved when others conceded that she knew better when it came to a subject. Some could be so stubborn, or needed to really be talked through things. But Kyo's simple..... surrendering of his own stubbornness so easily. It pushed certain buttons. But she continued to pay attention as he seemed to consider her question for a moment.

IN truth, she was almost expecting a lie, or maybe a refusal to answer directly. But Kyo...... continued to surprise her. Both brows raised and she took just a moment to see if he would somehow indicate that he had been joking. THAT was why? For just a moment, she let her eyes scan up and down his frame. And then take a glance around the courtyard as her brows furrowed. It wouldn't be all that surprising, just taking a quick stock of him and his assets, that was.... odd. He was reasonable enough. Or was he only reasonable in the wake of his breakup? He seemed perfectly hospitable. Handsome. HE was well off. What sort of nonsense would make him leave someone? Or would make someone else leave him?

She narrowed her eyes just for a moment. No.... it couldn't have been anything... normal. She knew how soul society worked. Was it perhaps a noble thing? Such a simple man, she wouldn't be surprised if perhaps he'd fallen for some High Noble and had been left to try. Maybe because of his inadequacy as a shinigami? Sure, he asserted that his ....interest was something else. And he didn't sound like a liar. But the heart had all kinds of ways into making one believe their own bullshit. Well, unless he was straight up lying.

He was either a Liar, or a very.....strange, Honest Man. This also explained that hint of Macho about him.

"Is that right? Well I suppose things like that certainly make you look differently at your priorities." Not like this was unusual, to be frank. The only ODD thing about this was that it was coming out so early. The Shino academy was an absolute NEST of hook-ups and break ups. Individuals from all different districts. That whole.... 'Oh this person is so new and different from what I'm used to' vibe. There was no shortage of students she'd had who either had break=ups in the midst of tutoring, or simply obscured the motivation for seeking out a tutor. Or well...NEEDING a tutor. It was fairly common that one's focus and learning abilities dropped drastically.

And well. That certainly led to a good number of her students suddenly paying a lot more ...attention to her instruction. Simpery certainly was a tool she'd learned to utilize. Would Kyo follow that tradition? He didn't seem like the type. But that was right this moment. There was always layers to these little break-ups. Sometimes the simping snuck up on them. Or they just suddenly became emotional wrecks. IF she had to guess.....there was usually.... a month or two of 'danger zone' to look out for any sudden shifts. She witheld a little smile of amusement at the idea of Kyo falling int such a pit. Would Mr.Macho man wind up on his knees?

"Hm, well at least this is like teaching Academy students in some ways." She chuckled lightly at that and gave a lighthearted little wave, as if dismissing his reasoning as no big deal. "And here I was worried it would be something I don't usually see with students. Well, if nothing else. It's good to see you channeling yourself after the fact. I'm sure you're plenty aware of hw things are in the academy. I don't have enough hands to count the times something like that is the reason a student needs help in the first place." She assured him. It was a simple tactic. She made a bit light of his problem, but without outright playing it off as silly or anything like that. Rather, she cast it in a familiar light, and made it clear that this was something she was familiar with, that he wasn't say....weird or anything for having such a triggering factor. That sense of solidarity was useful to in some cases dispel feelings of shame or melancholy. Things that might cling to a student who found themselves needing to ask for help in a time where they already have slightly lowered opinions of themselves. Kyo may very well not have that problem, OR he could have it sneaking around in his subconscious. All the better that she sooth such things.

After all. SHE got to be the one to drag these little simps and dreary drews out of those little emotional holes. It was entertaining to see them sob over their, frankly, meaningless little personal problems. But it was all the more satisfying to see those sparks of admiration in their eyes when they found HER to be the light guiding them out of the pit. Ahhhh she could alREADY enjoy the idea of Kyo coming out of this a better, more adjusted and satisfied man with his own life after all of this~ With HER to thank for it.

She could have done with him being a little more pathetic about it. But well, who was to say that wouldn't show it's head later~

"Well, in any case, it's his or her loss. They'll be missing out on this lovely tea of yours.Now, I DID have one last question. Which ..in a way relates to the previous one: you mentioned trouble with Hoho and Kido. But not Zanjutsu. Have you learned your Zanpaku'to's name yet?"
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:25 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

"Ha, yeah, I remember how things were in the academy. Not that I was some standup guy myself, but I know what you mean."

It seemed like she was putting some thought into this, and Kyo wasn't the sort to interrupt someone's train of thought. If anything, he appreciated the effort on her part, considering this was only a first lesson.

"No, I haven't learned it yet, but that's not something I'm looking to get tutored on right away. I think that's something I'd like to focus on alone first. Kind of a personal thing, don't you think?"

Made sense to him, anyway. Besides, if he needed help with zanjutsu, he was pretty sure there were other people he could ask, not that he'd say that to his tutor's face.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:34 pm

A sly smile briefly shadowed her lips at his assertion about the Academy. A soft chuckle escaping her, but she made no comment in regards to that. She certainly could see why someone of his mannerisms and the like would ...thrive in the Shino academy culture. But that was frankly, hardly her business, but also not really anything she was interested in. It wasn't relevant to her purposes. "I can only imagine." She chuckled, a bit more familiar for sure. She was very aware she was ..... not quite as distanced as usual. But he wasn't exactly a student. They were, technically speaking, coworkers, even if they weren't in the same squad. There wasn't quite the same....dynamic? It wasn't any matter of senior responsibility. She'd been independently hired to do this outside of her usual shino tutoring. So she didn't mind being a bit more casual.

However, when he mentioned his situation, her brows raised and a slight smile played across her lips. "Oh no, that's not quite what I was going to suggest or anything. I was more..... curious I guess, more than anything. Our relationship with our Zanpaku'to is an intimate and private thing. You're right about that. But far more than you're probably aware. For some, they have to go through a lot of hoops just to get it to even speak to them. But, you should ALSO know that a zanpaku'to picks up on these things. Big changes. Increases in strength. In some cases, uh...como se dice.... your Zanpaku'to will take the wheel." She noted before casually gesturing down to her own weapon. Her own relationship with her zanpaku'to frankly had NOT been through any effort on her own. That sly little bitch had invited herself into the front and center of her life when she'd been in the academy. She was, of course, aware that this wasn't always the case.

However, Kyo didn't have that 'normal student' vibe to him. Frankly, he had ..... a sort of .....mannerism around him that seemed out of place even among normal members of the gotei. He was unique. And if there was ANYTHING she had learned in learning about the numerous zanpaku'to among the students of hers that HAD either worked on, or awakened their zanpaku'to during their tutoring. It was that the more...unique and flavorful an individual, then the same could usually be said about their Zanpaku'to. And well, considering the combination of breakup and sudden grindset, she felt it wasn't too out of place to bring up that his zanpku'to might start looking for an opportunity to make itself heard.

She paused, glancing toward her phone and tapping it. My how the time flew. "In any case. We're about wrapped up for the day. As I get a bit more familiar with you, what you need to work on, and how best you learn, we'll settle into a more consistent training regime. For now, I'd like you to get some rest when you aren't training. I don't THINK you're much wanting for food or anything like that. But still, make sure you're getting a good amount of rest. While you may not have exams and Classes to fit in along with these tutoring sessions, you do still have Squad responsibilities. Taking care of yourself outside of your training is just as important as what sort of training you're doing." A sortof basic bitch bit of advice, and frankly one he probably knew. But well, she brought it up anyway. Knowing something and hearing something were two different things after all. Ugh... she was starting to sound like Lady Aiban.

Standing up and brushing off her lap, she smiled at Kyo. "Did you have any questions or concerns before I go?"
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum