Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty Re: Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo]

Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:58 am
Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 HEADER_22-1_3a-16

He rubbed his neck a bit and hummed. Listening as Kyo gave his own assessment of the situation. Which... yea he considered. But it was a lot more than that. How....hmmm. How to express it. "I mean, it's a lot more than just that. A lot of times I enjoy surprising people! You've seen me fight, I'm no person to not grab like... a chair or something and turn a few heads. But in a lot of situations, I feel like I just don't have any options. There's not always a chair or a ladder around to start fighting with." He murmured, rubbing his chin.

[color=salmon]"Especially with some of the people I've been fighting. I mean, Rio was different. She seemed to really enjoy herself. But your Mom? And then Miss Feng? Sure, I was able to like....pull out a bit of resilience. But I felt kinda helpless."[/clor] He murmured, holding his hand up, remembering that flow of reiryoku when he'd fought Shaoling. He'd been trying to emulate it himself, but he just flat out couldn't do it. Which you know.... made sense. ON Paper. But somehow still it was frustrating to just be so.... inept? Thankfully starting work on those pickles had been a good distraction, but still.

He looked off to the side. "I just wanna ...broaden my horizons a little. I guess I already kinda started doing that with my Zanpaku'to. I've also been getting a lot more practice with Kido and Hakuda." He frowned, furrowing his brows. "But it doesn't feel like enough. And I don't think just normal training is gonna get me to where I wanna be." He muttered, a hard, intense look on his face. For the briefest of moments. Thinking back to the wastelands. THAT was where Shaoling and those others had been training. Should he request to be deployed to somewhere like that? Maybe real combat experience was the key.

And then just like that, the look evaporated, a big sheepish smile back on Igen's face. "Heh, I guess I just really weak at the moment. You're really lucky though! Your family is like.... super full of strong fighters isn't it? I bet if you wanted to, you could probably get pretty strong pretty fast." He reasoned with an envious smirk.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty Re: Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo]

Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:06 am
Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 8ZovUmi

SAWACHIKA KYO

"You'd think so, huh?"

Kyo shrugged at the assessment of his household, really not feeling as though he was an especially fast learner. Sure, he had a few advantages, but he didn't really think he was that far above what any other shinigami could achieve with some practice. He definitely wasn't much stronger or faster, and he hadn't made any real progress with his zanpakuto.

"I'm not exactly a paragon of shinigami talent or anything, and my practice is going about as well as I think anyone'd do. I got a tutor to help me improve a bit, and that's working out pretty well at least, but I can't quite say I'm getting anywhere just from my family."

In a way, he did agree with Igen's assessment, that idea that normal training wasn't quite going to get what he wanted. But that was built on ambitions he still hadn't spoken aloud, so he said it simply, as if it were commenting on the weather.

"Planning on being a captain. Gonna be a lot of work."

END POST | THE BIG BOWL OF SAWACHIKA
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:15 am
Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Igen perked up just a little and tilted his head as he took a moment to ...process. "Eh? A Tutor? Why wouldn't you just ask your mom or your dad to help out?" He asked, a little ...surprised. But then again. "Who is the tutor? Anyone we know?" He ventured, wondering if perhaps it was like... one of the really strong or famous ones? Maybe a seated officer or something? That's the extent of what would make sense to him after all. Though he almost choked on his tea when Kyo dropped that last bit, coughing just a little and then peering a bit.

"A ...Captain?" Not like HE was one to talk, but well...Igen had told Kyo about his own Captain Commander ambitions ages ago. He didn't recall ANY sort of ambition from Kyo. Frankly Kyo never really seemed ....THAT bothered about his level or position to be honest. "And what caused all this? I mean, not that I think it's a bad goal or anything, but you've been chilling as an unseated for a while now, haven't you? You haven't exactly been super ambitious or anything. Not that that's bad, but uh. Heh, sorry if I just seem kinda surprised."
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1Just two Homies being Homies [Igen, Kyo] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:25 am

SAWACHIKA KYO

"Name's Yuri Aiban. She seems...well, she seems a little odd, but she's pretty good at what I asked her to help with, so I can't complain."

Kyo was almost surprised to see that Igen was so caught off guard, given his own ambitions to be commander one day. But then again, Kyo hadn't really thought much on his future until now, so he supposed it probably was surprising.

"Heh, I wouldn't say a year or so's a while, you can't expect a man to be ready to figure everything out right after he graduates. But I'm committed to it. I'm planning to inherit the Sawachika household, and if I do that, I'll have to prove I'm the best possible man for the job. I think being a captain is a good ambition for a man to have, if I'm going to be taking my duty as a shinigami seriously."

To him, it wasn't just a vehicle for prestige, nor was it a metric to judge his strength. Rather, it was a way of showing that he'd exceeded at the career he'd chosen. Of all the Sawachika children, Kyo was the only one currently with the Gotei, and that meant he alone was a shinigami. If he was going to be the best he could be, he'd have to be the best a shinigami could be.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:55 am

PFFT?! Igan spit his fucking drink out to the side, almost spraying his Zanpaku;to as he coughed a few times and raised his brows. ....Peering a little at Kyo... before giving a sly smile at the guy. "Yuri Eh? She's uh.... an interestin choice of a trainer..." He noted with a slow sly smile. Brows perking for a moment before giving something of a knowing smile. It wasn't like the woman was....subtle. "A buddy of mine went top her for tutoring. Wouldn't shut up about her after though. How 'Inspiring' she was and all that.Never actually met her myself though. So mind givin me the deets?" He asked with an amused smile.

All the while, Ko had been prowling her way over and promptly inspected the tea from a slight distance, sniffing the air before circling the table and laying on the other side, briefly drawing Igen's own curious attention.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:51 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

Igen sure seemed real amused by that one, if all the smiling was any indication, but Kyo couldn't exactly see why. He definitely had to imagine some other guys probably fell right for a pretty face, but Kyo wasn't exactly the type to get swayed that easily. If anything, he'd just found her a little annoying.

"She knows her stuff, that's the only thing I'm really worried about. Ran a few drills, mostly a matter of application. I probably ought to be studying or I imagine she'll give me a rough time for not keeping up, but she'd probably be right."

There wasn't any particular sense of respect or awe for her ability as a teacher, just the basic sense that Kyo understood she knew better than he did in this topic, and by extension, that he ought to listen to her outlook on these things.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:24 pm

Well that made sense. He had given Kyo a bit of playful banter, but in truth he kinda figured that it wasn't anything like that. It just WAS pretty amusing that the tutor was someone he had heard of before. Hmmm. A glance over his shoulder at the surrounding area and he kinda wondered to himself.

"Sooooo, let's say your start working toward Captain. What exactly does that mean? What Squad are you going for? Or are you gonna ask for your own?" He ventured, canting his head a bit to the side and resting his arm along the back of the chair. "And becoming a Captain isn't just about getting stronger. You should try to get an officer's position in the meantime. Maybe volunteer some of your time to First division, or ask one of your Seated Officers if they want some help with some of their day to day stuff. I always go out of my way to help my other Seated Officers. It may SEEM kinda chummy or brownnosing. But it's the best way to learn how to do their job. Since ideally, you would either replace or surpass em." He pointed out.

Not that kyo was like...stupid or anything. Kyo was a lot smarter than he let on. But Igen also knew that he could be a bit one-track. And that he was focused presently on the strength aspect of the position, when in reality there were many other things to be considered.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:37 pm

SAWACHIKA KYO

"I'm aiming for my own. You saw the commander's announcement, didn't you? I think it's natural that I'd try and meet those expectations, add another division. But you're right, you're right. I'll need more experience, and I oughta go out of my way to be helpful besides just getting strong."

Kyo rubbed his chin in thought for a moment, thinking about the situation in the Gotei. He'd just gotten a new captain, hadn't he? This could certainly be a good opportunity, but that didn't quite feel right. Even at his most driven, Kyo was an honest and straightforward kind of guy. He didn't like when something even felt a little bit underhanded.

"The 8th division could probably use a hand, I don't know how many people are working over there yet. I'll see if I can't go over there, whether it's a temporary transfer or just assistance or what."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:31 am

Igen nodded slowly as Kyo seemed to consider his suggestion. Something of a proud little grin as at the very least, Kyo DID seem to take his advice on showing some initiative, a little chuckle escaping him. Heh, he always had good ideas! He DID however raise both brows just a little when Kyo mentioned a temporary transfer.

"Whoa there. For real? You should make sure you talk tot he Captain of our your division first about that kinda thing. I don't know anything about that.... cover....operation stuff. But DO know that your PARTICULAR skillset is pretty unique over there. So you should be sure they can spare you before you go offering to switch over." He murmured. Sure, Kyo might consider some of Igen's ideologies underhanded, but Igen was all about professional courtesy. And well...he was also aware of what kinda paperwork would have to be involved for stuff like that. A Temporary transfer was NOT a form you wanted a Captain to be surprised about seeing on their desk.

Hmmm.

"Beh, it's probably gonna get pretty busy in my Squad to be honest. With Eighth and probably more Divisions popping up in the future. Lot of planning and paperwork." He murmured. Igen never complained about paperwork, honestly the First division had long ago even before he joined, fixed it's efficiency problems. It simply HAD to do keep things functioning. But even with THEIR efficiency, adding a whole new division to the Gotei framework would still take a lot of work. Not to mention someone would probabl have to bring Rose up to speed on some of the new ways things were done. He was one of those old guard captains, he was proabbly used to the old system. Hm.

"But well, I'm sure once you square all that away they'll enjoy the help over there." He sighed and leaned back into his seat, shaking his head. "Man though... still. What a funky time. Never thought I'd see us filling in the divisions again. Guess that stuff going on down in the world of the living is pretty serious." He murmured.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum