Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]  - Page 3 Empty Re: Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]

Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 am
Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]  - Page 3 H52_sample-ebc5a39131ec7f739e9b94d1be1851a8

Rio certainly admired Moe's go-with-the-flow point of view. Rio hadn't particularly held any regret whatsoever towards her efforts as a teacher falling through. It was a learning experience, after all, and to hold herself accountable for simply lacking the requirements would have simply been a foolish endeavor, unrewarding as it was draining. Her sole student didn't exactly make things easier as a result of her energetic nature.

Still, Rio concluded that she simply wasn't cut for it. She was arguably, in one aspect or another, still a woman who had much to learn herself. Wise for her age, true. Wise to lead a group of students? Doubtful. In time, perhaps she'd visit it again. At the moment her eyes were set on the future, and so far that future involved sharing the company of her pink-haired companion at the table. Chatterbox or not, she was quite fond of how they meshed so far.

"That's a respectable approach, Moe. Perhaps I'd do well take a pointer from you, yes?" Remarking with a soft giggle, Rio would continue. "I tried teaching Hakuda. It was only one student, but the more I tried to teach her, the more I ended up confusing my own self. At that point, I wondered... am I forcing this? Am I cut out for it? That sort of stuff. As with all things in life, it was a learning experience. Perhaps, I'll revisit in the future when I'm a little more... focused about it, perhaps?"

Last edited by Iori on Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:52 pm
Season of Pink[Moe, Rio]  - Page 3 MKua247

MACHIHARA MOE | The Bubblegum Oni

"Ya don't know if ya don't try, and -hey- ya tried it. Maybe it'll click more if ya come back later, but no one can take that effort away from ya. Hakuda's a tricky one anyway, all these stances and techniques but ya also have to stay totally focused on, like, your sense of self."

It was kinda easy to sound smart by just spewing out a whole bunch of words, but Moe didn't have the knack for making those make sense to someone she might be trying to teach. Still, if Rio had been teaching Hakuda then she'd have to watch out for her in close quarters. Fortunately, that was also where Moe wanted to be too. They both looked unassuming, by comparison to the plethora of brutes that were regular brawlers, but that was likely all the opportunity either of them might need to floor an opponent.

"Anyway! Are we getting some more food or are we throwing down, because I'm feeling good but also getting hungry again, hehe?"

Pink eyes focused in on Rio once more, a sudden intensity to Moe as the opportunity for a friendly competition was now fast approaching.

Something to Prove | END POST
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:32 am

The Shihoin's golden eyes focused in on those pink orbs, noting the intensity in her gaze. Rio's appetite was properly sated, and Moe seemed eager to move on to the true highlight of their day as well. Indeed, Rio had referenced a fondness towards the idea of engaging the woman in a spar. She was certainly curious to see Moe in action. even if she resolved to hold back to avoid injuring her. Even if it came to that, she would use her reiryoku to heal her. Of course, Rio wondered how well her body could hold up when she was properly prepared instead of being bumped out of nowhere. Food for thought, to be sure. Rising from the table, the Shihoin would pay for their meals, gazing toward Moe with an excited smile.

"I'm ready to throw down, although I certainly wouldn't mind bringing you back here after we're finished. Did you have a particular place you feel comfortable sparring at? Or would you like me to choose?"

Last edited by Iori on Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:51 pm

A not-so-insignificant part of Moe had not been opposed to the idea of more food. But Rio was a step ahead of the curve it seemed, and she was grateful for that. Good company and good eating were two of the finer things in life, after all.

“Alright, you’re on. Maybe I’ll be carrying you back here later and treating ya to food too, least I can do to pay ya back for this.”

She stood somewhat gingerly, still a little unsure of herself until she was fully upright. Stretching from side to side, there was no more pain in her posterior and so a toothy smile crept across her features. Rio had been talking the talk, it was very likely she could walk the walk, so now it was up to Moe to get the most out of it. Couldn’t be letting a single fall keep her down.

“As for the where, oh, I’m not fussy about that. Hardly matters where we throw down, unless you’ve got a private spot in mind to keep away from prying eyes?”

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:38 pm

"Is that so? Well, then, Moe... I'd certainly like to see you try. I'll throw in extra just in case that happens." Anyway, let us be off. I have the perfect place in mind."

Rio offered a hearty chuckle in response to the woman's statement, rooted in unabashed confidence. The Shihoin woman was all the more excited now and guided the woman away from the public eyes of the Seireitei and onto a courtyard that, although not entirely hidden from the public, it would be rather difficult for anyone to interrupt them during their spar. It was a nice clear space that allowed for natural movement and physical progression. They could act as they would to their heart's content, something Rio no doubt felt Moe would approve of, although she wouldn't assert so for certain. Settling into a defensive stance, Rio motioned for Moe to approach her, sizing the smaller woman up with a curious expression.

"Use whatever you wish. I'll let you make the first move, Moe. Show me what you got."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:08 pm

A wide open space, huh? Alright, that worked out just fine for Moe as she surveyed her surroundings with a little bit of reverence. That wolfish smile had remained ever since it had first emerged, hungry as she was for the chance to redeem herself from the previous embarrassment. Pulling her blade from her back, Moe sent the sheath clattering off to the sidelines as she bore her steel. It might have been rude of her to draw her weapon on a currently unarmed person but she also wasn't a fool enough to think that this was a fight she would win with her Hakuda alone.

"This here's Shinsho, my Zanpakuto, and she's also been looking forward to meetin' ya."

The weapon looked almost comically large in Moe's hands, though she seemed to handle it far better than one of her stature naturally would. Turning it over in her hand, she smirked and raised it up into a high guard. Shinsho herself hardly thought to deign that comment on her thoughts with one of her own. Moe knew well enough that the spirit had no particular desire to engage in any such bout, but she dragged her around anyway.

But there was no need to labour the point. Shinsho would come around eventually, she'd just need to rile her up first. So, with little further ceremony, Moe took Rio's invitation to heart and sprung forwards. Her speed was nothing impressive, not compared to most of the stronger Shinigami out there, but her spirit was on full display as she swung down in a vicious overhead that packed in a lot of her strength. Using that energy, she would then bounce forwards and attempt to get in a second aerial swing as she flung herself over Rio aiming to land behind her.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:05 pm

Rio personally didn't mind Moe's decision to draw her weapon. As she said, Moe was entirely free to use whatever she wished to reap any advantage that could be found in their battle. Rio was aware of the gap between them, the Shihoin wanted to make this battle every bit as enjoyable for her as she did herself. Moe spoke at length about how she thrived off of fighting against enemies that outclassed her, the exhilarating measure of joy any fun-loving combatant could admire.

And so, she would indulge the woman. Settling into an offensive stance, her right fist raised upward, her left fist drawn back in a fashion reminiscent of one pulling at a bowstring, Rio would take off with her right foot, swinging a powerful right towards Nao's shoulder, her left arm poised in preparation for a follow up that was launched a second after the other, racing toward her midsection. It was executed with another force to effect Moe, but held back enough at her expense to avoid any crippling injury. She'd provide her with the sensation of fighting a grand opponent, but certainly not at the cost of hurting her newfound companion. That'd simply leave a sour taste in her mouth.

Last edited by Iori on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Going in all guns blazing was certainly Moe's style, with her flashy aerial moves and acrobatic techniques, but that was hardly something she had perfected. It was fine when she was on the front foot, aggressing towards her opponent, but rather fragile when that momentum was lost. Naturally, as Rio leapt to meet her in the air and loosed a punch of her own that was far faster than Moe's weapon swing, all of that momentum came crashing to a halt against a brick wall.

"Guh!"

The first strike stopped her in place, and the second would have knocked the wind right out of her sail had she not dragged her leg up to cover that exposed midriff. Still, Rio's second strike slapped against the meat of her thigh and drew another unintentional grunt from her lips as she flopped backwards. The price of having to use her leg defensively was that it was not down to help with the landing, but that meant that she would just have to plant her sword into the ground and use that to hold her steady. Just how was she gonna keep up? Certainly not without going all out.

"Pretty quick. Alright. Ain't a Shihoin for nothin', huh? Bend and Scatter, Shinso!"

The area around her weapon cracked and broke apart as Moe activated her first release, the kanabō pushing her back into the air a little from the size increase. She hung there for a moment before yanking downwards, wrenching the weapon free in a shower of debris and taking a golf club-style swing at Rio as she approached.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:32 pm

"I'm impressed, Moe. You two my first two hits quite well."

The Shihoin woman was indeed impressed by the woman's ability to take a hit. She held her ground surprisingly well, even if it was only half of the force she'd typically use. She couldn't return the banter in kind quite yet, however, as Moe decided to utter the release phrase of her Zanpakuto. For a moment, Rio wondered whether or not it would be a sound plan to assume a defensive position at the moment, analyze the weapon, to gleam its ability. Choosing to remain on the offensive instead, Rio would charge in precisely at the moment, flying in through the shower of debris as Moe's mighty swing smashed against her frame.

Pushed back by the blow ever so slightly, the Shihoin would shoot forward, aiming to wrap her hands around weapon in order to pull her in for a counter punch set in a direct trajectory towards her sternum. As she had established before, each strike was executed with enough force to make things challenging. If Moe happened to evade, Rio would use her own acrobatic prowess to dance through the air, reading the woman's movements with her eyes to see where she might transition next.

Last edited by Iori on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:21 pm

Seeing Rio come barrelling forwards into her strike, Moe loosed a manic laugh as the blow connected with her opponent. There was no secret effect though, nothing all too special appeared to happen, there was just a brutal clang as the club struck home and little Moe continued to swing through.

Yet, for all the girl's might, actually hitting Rio was like striking against a wall of steel or bricks or anything else hard that she couldn't think of at the moment. Damn, this woman was even tougher than she had first expected! No wonder she had bounced off her earlier like a fly striking against a glass window. But, where some might have been disheartened by this revelation, it only made Moe smile harder. Really grit her teeth. Because now the challenge was not really to beat Rio, that was a little unrealistic unless she really managed to pull something crazy off, but rather to push Rio as far as she could before hitting the dirt. Certainly a bold strategy to undertake, but not one that Moe would back down from.

"Ya see, I'm not all talk!"

She managed to get in a little gloating before the Shihoin grabbed hold of her weapon and shot forwards, so little had that initial blow fazed her. A punch shot out towards her but again Moe did not even attempt to dodge. She turned her body into the blow, one hand leaving her weapon to help the strike glance off of her rather than impact dead on, before looking to use that rotating move to swing her big ol' weapon around again. It wasn't exactly a subtle thing, her body was as readable as a book to one with as well-trained an eye as Rio no doubt had, but that did not make it any less effective in her eyes.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum