Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] Left_bar_bleue0/0Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] Empty Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio]

Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:44 pm
"Am..am I lost again??" a woman clad in black and slumped over at the waist wondered to no one in particular. Having lived her life in a small neighborhood in her home Rukongai District, Morikawa Mizu had always struggled to grow accustomed to the sheer size of Seireitei. When she was locked up in her room studying or following her superiors like a good lackey it didn't matter, but when tasked with delivering a parcel to the other side of a city that had started to look like a repeating wallpaper about three miles back it wasn't so simple.

Looking around Mizu realized she not only couldn't tell where she was but she also didn't know how to find out. There wasn't anyone nearby, no visible signs in her view, and no distinctive features in the buildings around her. "Hellooooo? Anyone nearby? I'm....I'm lost!" Separately, in her own mind, Mizu could not help but reflect on how pathetic she must look. She wasn't some Shinigami newbie after all. She had already been in the Gotei United for a handful of years now and was even the 5th seat in her division, a respectable position that demanded more from her than she often felt capable of. Especially when she couldn't even find her way around Seireitei.

With her disappointment in herself palpable Mizu meandered along, set on finding the designated recipient of the small parcel hanging from the obi sash around her waist. This was hardly an important mission but as usual she had volunteered for it because nobody else wanted to trek across Seireitei like a postman. It wasn't in her personality to meekly hide in the corner to avoid responsibility. "But maybe just this once I should have left it to someone else..." she muttered as another exasperated sigh escaped her lips.

It was at this point Mizu noticed a stranger in the distance and immediately attempted to grab their attention by waving her arms in the air and shout to them "Hello! Hi! Are you from around here? Wait...o-...AAHH!" As she'd spoken the gears in her head had turned until she recognized the dark skinned Shinigami ahead of her as someone who could only be from the Great Noble Shihoin clan, a family her own looked up to like gods. Pretend you're invisible, Mizu!
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] Left_bar_bleue0/0Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] Empty Re: Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio]

Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:53 pm
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] H52_sample-ebc5a39131ec7f739e9b94d1be1851a8

Rio grown into something of a Seireitei wanderer in recent days. She was a Shihoin, but honestly, there was little to do in the household. There was no use in spending her time in an estate unless her presence was required and frankly, it rarely was nowadays. Thus, she viewed the prospect of traveling around soul society to be far more entertaining, a meaningful way to spend her time. She humored the idea of joining the Gotei at some point, but decided there was no rush on her end to leap into that realm of action just yet. Taking it slow would be a benefit to her.

Rushing into it would only drain her of the joy she had developed recently, robbing her of the gift of basking in that mental high. She was free to choose her destiny. Hearing a voice calling out to her in the distance, it seems that fate thought it fitting she meet another individual in the Seireitei today. Turning towards the voice, Rio would spot Mizu a few meters away. Blinking softly, Rio would turn towards the woman slowly approaching Mizu with a smile.

"I'm not from around here exactly but I know my way around. Do you need directions by any chance, miss?"

Last edited by Iori on Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] Empty Re: Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio]

Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:21 pm
Upon getting a closer look at the swarthy brunette Mizu's suspicions were confirmed. This stranger clearly belonged to one of the most prestigious Houses in all Soul Society, and while Mizu typically did not let a person's family name get to her the Shihoin clan was an exception. The Shihoin and Kuchiki clans were of the highest standing, but more importantly to Mizu was the myriad legendary Shinigami who had come from them. Her own personal idol, Kuchiki Byakuya, was just one example and she wasn't sure how she would react upon meeting his sister who stood as the current 2nd Division Captain. Now she was face to face with a Shihoin and practically frozen in place.

With a deferential bow Mizu said, perhaps louder than necessary, "Hai! Thank you for the generous offer! I am called Morikawa Mizu, 5th Seated officer of the 8th Division. I apologize for the inconvenience!" After holding her bow a few seconds past the end of her speech Mizu straightened out and raised her eye line to match the stranger's, her glowing golden orbs revealing a determined seriousness in her words. She could tell this woman not only belonged to a famous family, but was likely a mighty Shinigami in her own right as far as Mizu could sense. Strangely though she did not recognize her as a member of the Gotei United and Mizu wondered silently to herself why that was.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:50 pm
Deference can be Annoying [Mizu, Rio] H52_sample-ebc5a39131ec7f739e9b94d1be1851a8

Rio giggled softly as she observed the woman. She hadn't expected someone to bow before her in public, but then, perhaps it wasn't entirely surprising either. Nobles didn't exactly possess the same level of sway they had in the past, but they were still notable all the same. Rio casually waved her hand, waiting for the woman to rise up again. Morikawa Mizu, huh? Another Gotei member.

"I'm honored, Mizu, but there is no need to bow before me. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Rio Shihoin. It is pleasing to see that the Gotei has such well-mannered recruits coming in. As far as inconveniences go, I wasn't doing anything of particular note. Where would you looking to go, Mizu?"

Last edited by Iori on Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:49 pm
Outside of their golden eyes the two Shinigami women could not look anymore different. One was shorter with blond hair, an air of solemn seriousness about her, while the other exuded an element of carefree exuberance. To Mizu it was interesting how two people could have such similar high society backgrounds could end up so different, at least on the surface. Her childhood best friend had been her opposite as well, except she had come from horrible poverty and danger. She understood someone's circumstances could contribute to how they develop, but it was not the sole factor. At least the Gotei United was a great equalizer for those who enlisted.

"Thank you for the wonderfully kind words, Shihoin-sama. If there is anything I can do for you within my ability as an officer of the Gotei, I will." And she absolutely meant it. Mizu could not help herself but show deference to this woman, but she knew she needed help finding her way. "A-actually, I'm not entirely sure anymore of where I'm meant to be delivering this parcel. The location is somewhere near the Seireiheki but I've failed in my duty to find it. The building is one of Seireitei's offices of Rukongai civilian affairs, if you know where that could be." The entire time she spoke Mizu's cheeks tinted a rosy red out of embarrassment. She was failing in her role as a Shinigami and didn't felt awkward asking a non-Gotei Noble for help.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:57 pm

Rio was both flattered and a little flustered at Mizu's deferential nature. There was a time she had taken such deference in stride, befitting her title as the Shield of the Shihoin. At present, she may have found it a little awkward. Even so, that was to no fault of the woman's own. Rio had gradually allowed notions of nobility to take a backseat. She was still a woman of principle, of course. As such, she could only offer an equal measure of respect to the woman, bowing politely. Golden hues cast their gaze toward the road ahead. Seiretei office. Rukongai civilian affairs...

"No need for honorifics, Mizu. Rio is fine enough. I may not know the exact location in question, I'm sure we can walk until we find someone who does. I frequent the public area of Seireitei more than anything else nowadays. Even if we don't find it immediately, we can always take a break. I was thinking of eating a meal soon. Care to join me?"

Last edited by Iori on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:31 pm
Not only was this woman offering to help her, she also invited her out to have a meal with her. Inside Mizu was screaming. She could not accept the offer fast enough so she responded, perhaps a little too enthusiastically, "Y-yes! Of course, Shihoin-sam--uh, Rio. I would be delighted to join you. Thank you." Once again the blonde haired Shinigami bowed her head out of respect, but this time stopped halfway and seemed to almost buffer like an old computer before standing up straight again. Mizu did not want to seem rude by continuing to treat Rio with such reverence, even if it was her first instinct, after being told it wasn't necessary.

Mizu allowed Rio to take the reigns on this little journey and stood to her side and slightly back so they could still talk as they walked if they wanted. Not wanting to create any awkward silences between the two Mizu spoke up again, this time a bit calmer than the last "If you don't mind me asking, and I hope this isn't prying too much, why isn't a Shinigami of your standing and ability in the Gotei United? I bet you could even be a Captain!"
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:00 pm

Rio curiously raised an eyebrow at Mizu's question. It was something she had heard several times over from her peers. It wasn't a particularly difficult question to answer. Rio had resolved to protect and watch over her family. The Gotei had never truly occupied a place in her spirit at that time. Family was all that mattered. Of course, things were different now. She no longer had to watch over anyone now. Rio was free to make her own decisions. Did those decisions involve her joining the Gotei? Perhaps. it was certainly something that would fill her time, to say nothing of how fond she'd grown of the people she'd met so far. Walking forward, Rio would turn towards the woman so she could answer her question properly.

"Don't worry about it, Mizu. I get that a lot. More than you can imagine, actually. Hm... I suppose it has much to do with my past. I spent so much time watching over and fighting in the name of my family that the notion of the Gotei had never appealed to me. Of course, things have changed now. I've thought about joining recently, but I've been taking my time. I wish to meet some of the captains. Maybe that might sway my opinion on which division I join. What do you think, Mizu? How are things in your division?" A small inquiry. She was curious to know about her division.

Last edited by Iori on Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:15 pm
Mizu considered her new acquaintance's answer and wondered if there were other powerful Shinigami in Soul Society actively choosing to stay out of the Gotei. At minimum there were almost certainly other Nobles who would rather live at the top of the world instead of following orders. If the Gotei wasn't here, would Soul Society still be fine...? Though she loved being in the Gotei Mizu was still perturbed by the thought it may not be necessary, but wasn't overly concerned. She cared more about being a great Shinigami regardless of circumstances.

"Well Rio, I do not know Captain Otoribashi-sama well yet but he is a war hero and a great man. His 8th Division, of which I'm the 5th seat, which you already know, because I already told you is still new. Our barracks isn't even finished! But it will be soon." With a start Mizu realized she should probably actually try to sell her Division to Rio, even if she didn't actually plan on joining. "Our Division is charged with supporting the rest of the Gotei United. We are meant to be versatile, to adapt to any situation...which is why I need to do my best to be the best Shinigami I can be."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:58 pm

Oh? Now this was interesting. Mizu was trying to present her case as to why she should join the... Eighth Division? Rio applauded her efforts. Actually, she was little more than surprised to hear the name Otorobaishi. She had never met the man personally but anyone familiar with their search into the history of the Gotei would know who it was without a second glance. When had he returned, she wondered? Moreover, when had an eight division been set up? Insofar as Rio knew, there were only seven. She supposed things were changing now. Perhaps there was a necessity that required opening up the possibility for more divisions to be made. She'd have to look into that if she joined... For now, Rio chuckled softly, offering the woman a kind smile in reponse.

"Well, with the way you presented your case and that deferential spirit of yours, I believe you'll succeed in no time. I won't make any immediate decisions, but you've definitely presented a compelling case, Mizu. What food do you like?"

As they approached the Seireitei, her eyes searched around for the nearest food establishment. They could take a quick break and then be off to wherever Mizu needed to go.

Last edited by Iori on Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum