Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 Empty Re: Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri]

Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 pm
Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 H52_ehgfwhvjown
A curious eyebrow was raised in response to Yuri explaining information Nanashi had never told her before. Nanashi had certainly never struck Rio as the type to keep things hidden, but considering the content Rio wholly understood why she may have chosen to keep that a secret. Rio never considered that Nanashi had battled with her inner hollow. Come to think of it, neither of them spoke much on their personal lives. Perhaps, that'd change now. Offering an understand nod, Rio would stroke her chin, absorbing the information as it danced from the raven-haired woman's lips.

"Huh... in the few times we spent together, Nanashi never told me that. Of course, I never asked for anything personal to begin with... If nothing else, I'm relieved she was able to make it back. I didn't actually bother to look into any information about her at the time, so I'm sorry if I sound a little overwhelmed by this."

Rio would follow Yuris lead, heading towards the food court alongside her. The aroma was delightedly pleasing to her nostrils. Yuri promptly ordered two special sauce pork bowls for the both of them. Their orders ready, the two women grabbed their bowls and headed towards a place to sit. Rio gazed at Yuri as she offered some light commentary on the pork bowl. The scent alone assured her this would be a fine meal. Rio grabbed her chopsticks, leaning forward to grab a piece of pork, taking a few bites, her eyes illustrating approval at the taste.

"Delicious... quite flavorful, in fact."

Last edited by Iori on Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 Empty Re: Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri]

Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:26 pm
Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 HEADER_12-88d20258bae3cb12aff2bb8963a79df1

Yuri shrugged her shoulders and smiled. "I'm not really all that distressed about it. I'm just glad she's alright." She noted simply enough, rolling a shoulder as the both of them got their food. It was ten that Yuri smiled, watching in earnest as Rio took a moment to take that first bite and really get a taste for the food. Once she saw the approval on her face, her own smile lit right up, a little chuckle escaping her.

"Isn't it?~ I always like seeing people try it for the first time. It's a secret sauce actually! But well, unfortunately I actually got a little too curious for my own good." She hummed, taking a nice, slow bite of the meat and humming a bit. "Somehow, knowing what that taste was took away a bit of that excitement. The mystery was a part of the flavor I think." She noted resting her cheek in her other hand as she brought another chunk of pork and rice up to her mouth and made a slow show of gently pulling it past her lips with her tongue and slowly chewing it, glancing up at Rio and offering a playful smile, sighing.

"Still not as good as I remember it sadly. But I at least enjoy getting to introduce other people to it."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:56 pm
Rio observed Yuri as she continued to eat her meal, listening to the woman speak about the pork bowl. Considering this was her first time eating it, it was quite flavorful. Though, according to Yuri, curiosity had seemed to lessen the novelty of its flavor. It would seem as though the mystery had been the most captivating part of the dish. Rio was curious to know what the secret sauce was, but kept her attention towards eating it first. Each piece of pork mixing well with the rice. Rio's observation was momentarily cast towards the way she consumed one particular bite, but she thought nothing of it. Maybe she enjoyed savoring the bite? Rio would offer a reassuring smile as she finished going through one half of the bowl.

"Well, I'm certainly glad you introduced me to it, Yuri. It's really tasty. Of course, I'm not sure if a similar thing will occur with me. Perhaps, I'll let this secret sauce remain a mystery. That way it doesn't have to lose any novelty when I try it on my own."

Last edited by Iori on Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:59 pm
Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 HEADER_12-88d20258bae3cb12aff2bb8963a79df1

Yuri snorted just a little and grinned. "It'd be awful cheeky of you to ruin the mystery for yourself after that little story! Still, glad you enjoy it." She hummed and sighed, a happy little smile on her face as she continued to take bites, clearly enjoying herself. IN truth this actually was one of her favorite dishes from this little spot, a moment of just indulging herself to a good meal.

"I admit. You're not what I quite expected. I'd heard you were a very serious woman. But you seem rather friendly." She pointed out with a slight tilt of her head, taking a moment to chew and swallow another bite before raising a brow in Rio's direction. Another little curious probe. Since, well. Rio didn't really seem intent on leading the conversation. Not tha tYuri minded. She was fine filling in the space as they ate.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:37 pm

Rio chuckled softly in response. Perhaps it would be cheeky to go exploring the secrets of the pork bowl, but the Shihoin woman had fancied herself as something of curious spirit nowadays. Who wouldn't want to know about the secret sauce to a recipe? Nevertheless, the meal was delightfully suitable to her pallet. No need to peer into recipes now. Hearing Yuri's admission, her golden pair of eyes seemed to gleam with a touch of curiosity layered within. How much had she learned about her? She wondered.

Rio supposed it wasn't exactly classified information considering the last few years. Yuri was wholly correct in her assumption. For a time, the Shihoin woman had always aimed to live up to that ideal image, to confine herself to protecting and upholding the family's name. Such a role didn't exactly allow for pleasantries in life. A soft smile would line her lips as she pondered an explanation.

"Well, I will say... you're not wrong. It'd be improper to bore you with drawn-out table talk, so I'll keep it brief. A lot of why I suppose I came across that way in the past was mostly based on my desire to maintain that ideal image for my family. My older sister didn't seem to share that desire, and so, even if I couldn't be the head of the clan... why not represent them well? One bad apple could ruin the bunch, and I didn't want that. To be honest, that... dominated most of my life - to a point where pleasantries like this felt foreign."

Rio would lean forward, slowly taking another bite as she continued her brief soliloquy.

"But... you know? Things started to change. Life has been different now. I still honor my family, of course, but I've met new people. Carefree and exuberant, they just throw themselves toward whatever makes them happy. I thought why can't I be like that, too? I think it's perfect timing you happen to be catching me in the middle of that transition. I find your company quite enjoyable so far, Yuri. Serious Rio probably would've been something like; "I have business to attend to, I respectfully have to turn down your offer, Yuri." Me now? I just want to live a little, you know?"

It was fun to express that now. In the past, she would've felt anxious to reveal her innermost desires, her aspirations, the things that made her happy. Nowadays, none of that really mattered anymore. She ran the race, achieved what was asked of her, and now it was time for her to fly freely towards new horizons. For the first time, her path was teeming with possibilities, endless routes to pursue in pursuit of her own joy.

Last edited by Iori on Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Yuri nodded along as Rio promptly gave her a bit of insight into the Shihoin family. The nobles in general had seemed.... mussed? At least ever since Abalia had given the order to sever the Gotei from them for the most part. So frankly she didn't know TOO much for sure about them other than just random rumors. But it was still interesting to hear a bit of info, her expression shifting to genuine interest as Rio talked about the discourse between her and her sister. Tch. She could only imagine that kind of situation. That sounded even weirder though. IF her older sister was the person who would be running the Shihoin, shouldn't she want to make them look good? Or did she just not care? Sadly, Yuri wasn't in any particular position to even guess at that. Still...

She quirked a brow and put on an intrigued smirk as Rio went into the ...transitional period? From serious Rio into..well..contemporary rio she supposed. All the same, it was a little entertaining to imagine what sort of influences might have sparked such a change. "Wow, that's quite the change. I mean, sure, it sounds like you were doing something important for your family, but It's good to hear that you can afford to let the hair down a little." She reasoned, her mind racing just a little as she processed the information.

Hm. There really wasn't anything to pick at. Which was a bit less fun, but she hardly minded that. "So you talk about uh.... being a bit less serious. What's that mean? Are you mostly just going to relax and tread water for a bit? Or is this the avenue of Wild Rio? Partying and having a wild time?" She asked with an amused smirk. Teasing just a little, but still ultimately prying the noblewoman's mind for just what it was she WANTED out of this new lease on life.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:07 pm

Rio blinked softly in response to Yuri's question. A good question, too. Rio stroked her chin softly as she set her chopsticks down. What did it mean? Rio supposed it meant many things. There was no set path, but Rio quickly recognized how a life like that might lead to a tedium that equaled what she felt whiling about in the estate. It'd be momentary pleasures only to deal with those periods of momentary lows.

Rio did not intend to lead herself down a path like that. Igen and her peers from her past in the academy were constantly reminding her of how great an addition she would be in the Gotei. Truly, if she were being honest with herself, she wanted to explore everything this new path presented her. Go wild, get drunk one night. Fight and hang out with her peers, striking up various bouts of laughter, and a myriad of other things beyond that. Hers was the path of endless potential, but she felt in a conversation like this, a more simpler, less grandiose answer was more suitable. A playful smile adorned her lips as she cleared her throat.

"Nah, treading water and relaxing would get dull. I want to experience what I didn't get to do out of obligation towards my family. I want to explore a bunch of avenues. Wild Rio, Gotei Rio, and... maybe one day ending up in a relationship again, though I won't rush or stretch myself too far on that front just yet. I... just want to live life. I don't have any specific preference. I just don't want to laze about and idle away at the estate anymore, you know?"

That was all there was to it. Of course, it wasn't as if she wanted to hop into every situation, and there was always that one aspect of her spirit that would at least aim to honor her family well enough not to embarrass them. She wasn't turning the page entirely. No, this was merely the beginning to a new tale. The trilogy concerning her family had come to a close. It was time for her story to begin.

Last edited by Iori on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:02 pm
Long Way To Say Goodbye[Rio, Yuri] - Page 2 HEADE__ishtar_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_virtu_al__sample-9c047315d5c38acc6cbe31f8916bc1f6

Yuri listened intently. Maintaining that soft, calm expression. There really was no comparing the sensation. To see something at it's own crossroads. How many students had she watched stand at that very junction? To see the world before them, in a time when so many doors were open that it was smothering? To feel as if the weight of choice were bearing down on you. Some froe, unsure of where to step. Others blindly drawn by the glimmer of desire. And here, none other than Rio Shihoin stood at that very crossroads. She couldn't help but smile just a little. To think that Yuri would find Rio in such a state.

"That's quite the answer." Yuri murmured, that expression warming all the more. It was cheesy, almost disgustingly so. Wild Rio, Gotei Rio, and what... Beloved Rio? She had imagined something much more....grand and inspiring from a Noble Woman. They were small, simple desires. She couldn't have asked for a better answer from the woman.

"I admire your freedom. Having so many paths ahead of you, and being so humble as to be willing to accept any of them as they come." She noted closing her eyes as she gently let her cheek rest in the palm of one of her hands, a wistful sigh escaping her. "You remind me of my students. All so full of potential."

She glanced back up to Rio, the soft curve of her expression shifting to one side. That calm understanding turned impish and playful. Some small murmur of satisfaction in her face, as if she were seeing something Rio wasn't. "Well, that's all the more reason for us to become friends. I can't help but want to help someone in your position. For a tutor like me, it's perfect don't you think?" She gently clapped her hands together and gently tilted her head to the side, that hospitable smile still present. "I'll be sure to help Rio-san find the path to her happiness." She declared simply enough. She could hardly pass up the chance to mold some young, frail mind. But the chance to help Mold someone as important as Rio? She'd never turn down such an opportunity.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:09 am

Rendered speechless for a moment, a soft shade of red found itself forming against those caramel-colored features. That... was certainly a lot to take in. The way Yuri compared her to her students, voiced her admiration for Rio's sense of freedom, and vocally declared she'd assuredly help the woman find happiness. It was almost like being hit by an unexpected splash of water. Nothing shocking, but still a surprise for their first day together

Rio cleared her throat, composing herself so as to not lose face. Truth be told, Rio was an odd mixture between flattered and flustered. She was a friendly woman by her own standards, but she couldn't recall a time when someone seemed so invested in befriending her, let someone who was so vocal with it. Even so, Rio welcomed the opportunities a friendship with Yuri might present. If she was so intent on becoming her friend, who was she to turn her away?

"Ahem... well, I certainly appreciate it. I find your company enjoyable so far, and I'd consider myself a fool to turn away the assistance. I look forward to the opportunities this friendship of ours will provide, Yuri."

For a day she initially expected to go simple, Yuri was a rather welcoming distraction. She could certainly envision spending more time with her as a friend. She couldn't quite pinpoint her or understand her, but she had no intention of turning her away. It would be interesting, much like her other relationships, to see how this would unfold.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum