Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Empty Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]

Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:27 pm
[CLICK THE POSTING MUSIC IN THE YOUTUBE BAR]

THE MISTRESS OF GLUM

Enter Saiko's Post

Sun-down was always beautiful, eh? Watching the amber and twilight colors of the heavens soaring down on the desert had its perks during this time of day. However, this wasn't going to be a fun trip for two souls residing in this barren place.

Time had passed since the encounter between Saiko Mori and Arianda Vael had taken place in the Sierra Mountains in the depths of Nevada. Was she keeping true to her promise of trying to better the world in which she helped to destroy by being part of Shadow Fall? It was hard to tell, but that's when the hybrid received a message from the demon wishing to seek her presence. Not being one to turn it down, even if it was near sunset, the half-blood shinigami had finished her duties for the day, and this was the perfect time for her to venture out to the desert for a getaway.

After an hour had passed, Saiko flash-stepped upwards towards the middle portion of the mountains to seek out the same residence where Arianda had resided during their last "get-together." When she found that spot, the woman did not waste much time knocking on the door and waiting for an answer. Even if she knew that the demoness was in there, it was still rude to Saiko not to at least knock. You can have all the supernatural powers in the world, yet it still won't grace you with tact in her mind.

"Are you in there, Ari?"

Thus, the half-blood folded her arms and awaited a response.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  WVMWLOu
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Empty Re: Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]

Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:41 am

Song: Funkyard - By: Arrowhead & Zentra - Word Count: N/A

Arianda really hadn’t given herself a lot of time to rest after her excursion to a remote-ish area in Europe. One would really think that after fighting a bunker full of demons and a dracolich that kinda kicked her shit in, you would get some more sleep! Buuut, Arianda was a busy woman and wanted to get going after she had woken up in the woods surrounded by curious animals. Boy was that interesting, she felt she had woke up in a Disney movie. Luckily, she hadn’t. In her excitement of accomplishing her task, the demon had contacted Saiko almost as soon as she awoke; saving collecting a trophy from the now truly dead dragon for after contacting Saiko. This left her with what felt like measly time to get herself back in order. As it was, she at least didn’t look like she had just wrecked her head against a wall by the time Saiko had shown up.

Arianda was in the process of checking her body for any injuries that may remain, only showing as new skin; which stuck out like a sore thumb to those who were attentive enough. A knock on the door made Ari jump slightly, as she was quite focused on trying to get her hair to look less like blood had been in it. However, the voice Ari heard filled her with a great deal of excitement. In her excitement, Ari forgot about her sparse clothing; undergarments, of course, covered by a tank top and shorts that were a bit short but not horribly so.

“I’ll be right there!”

Her voice rang though the house, loud enough to penetrate through the thick wood of the door. Afterwards, the demon bounded to the door. Taking in a few deep, calming breaths Arianda opened the door to see Saiko. She couldn’t help but smile at the woman, and also resist a great urge to hug her. They weren’t that close yet, and Ari had a feeling that Saiko wasn’t big on hugs, so she simply stepped back and invited Saiko inside.

If Saiko looked at Ari close enough, ignoring everything about her clothes, she could likely see the places where Ari had relatively new skin; and possibly even the tiniest of hobbles in her step. Her regeneration was making it better every second, but a twisted ankle sucks some serious ass. Not to mention, there were still traces of dried blood in the demon’s hair; even though Ari did vigorously wash her hair for however long it took for Saiko to get here.

“It’s good to see you again, Saiko~ I hope you didn’t get in any trouble after the last time we met. Would you like anything to drink or eat while we’re at it?”

After showing Saiko inside, the demon guided the woman to the kitchen if she desired some food; otherwise, she would retrieve both of them some water or whatever Saiko requested for a drink. Afterwards, the demon would sit them down on the couch, turning herself towards Saiko so the woman would have her full attention.

“So, you’re probably wondering why I called you here, huh? Well, I wanted to fill you in on a few things I’ve been doing; and, honestly, to make sure you’ve been doing alright.”

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:53 am

THE MISTRESS OF GLUM

Enter Saiko's Post

Well, Arianda wasn't short on the hugs. It took Saiko out of it for a brief moment, but she gave her a less tightening grip as the hybrid patted the other woman's back before letting go.

"Excited as usual, I see."

With a nod, Saiko followed the other demoness into her domain. Of course, as they were venturing into the depths of Arianda's home, the half-breed noticed that the woman ahead seemed somewhat -- off. It seemed as if her injuries were struggling to heal as there was a limp and the scent of a fresh of battle to her demonic senses. This probably had something to do with why she was brought here, so she'd save it for when the two could sit down and talk.

"I'm fine. I'll just have water."

In a concise state of mind, the hybrid decided to grab a bottle of water from Arianda to hydrate herself. She didn't desire any heavy foods at the moment. So, she just quickly sat down and looked at the other demon for a moment before asking the inevitable question.

"Well? You got me. Fill me."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Knock Knock [Saiko/Arianda]  Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:02 pm

It was true that Ari’s regeneration was a little sluggish at the moment; but that was due to the nature of her conflict. Not only was it relatively recent, on a scale of time, but she hasn’t been able to fully sleep it off yet. The demon was far too excited to talk to Saiko about what she had been doing since they last met. However, it was likely of some minor relief to Saiko when Ari returned with Saiko’s bottle of water and no longer had her limp; along with some of her patches of skin that looked oddly new started to fully meld with the surrounding tissue and return to its normal look.

After Saiko had sat down with the demon, water in hand, Ari took a rather long drink of water to sate her parched throat. Afterwards, the demon gave Saiko a big smile and began to regale her tale.

“Well, I did get a start on what we talked about the last time we visited. I figured a good place to start would be the remaining Shadow Fall loyalists. I tracked some down in this old bunker, probably World War Two or Three, and…”

Arianda regaled her tale to Saiko, sparing a few details here and there for the sake of speed. Not to mention, she also made sure to mention they seemed to have a surprising amount of marginally powerful demon spell casters among them; all of which sacrificed themselves in creating an undead beast.

Then, the demon described her fight with the dracolich, on how unfathomably lucky she had been after being knocked the fuck out, and then a little bit of what she did after killing it; which mostly consisted of giving the bunker a thorough search for prisoners and demons she had not encountered. Afterwards, the demon let out a soft breath, collecting herself a tiny bit. During their conversation, anything that seemed wrong with Arianda had slowly disappeared, likely clueing in to Saiko how recent Ari’s little excursion was and her regeneration was only slow due to tiredness and an attempt to control energy output so she didn’t pass out.

“The dracolich was definitely unexpected. I mean, who finds the corpse of something like a dragon and just goes ‘I’m gonna turn this into an extremely destructive beast!’… Well, I guess demons. Well, either way, I just wanted to let you know what I was getting started on. But it’s definitely gonna take a bit if every Shadow Fall Loyalist sect has an equivalent surprise in store. And, how’ve you been, Saiko?”

Arianda leaned into the couch. Even if it was small in the scale of what she needed to do, she felt it a very good beginning. It also started on a lead to her family, which she didn’t mention to Saiko. She felt no reason other than that was very personal business; and it wouldn’t hurt not telling Saiko of it. Especially because a random, possibly black, extremely familiar dragon telling Ari to stand and fight would honestly just sound like a fever dream given her state of unconsciousness at the time.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:49 pm

THE MISTRESS OF GLUM

Enter Saiko's Post

"I'll report this to the Gotei."

While taking a sip of her water, an eyebrow rose as Arianda started to explain the story of her recent travels. It seemed that the woman had been through a lot to follow through with her promise. So, to that end, the hybrid started documenting some of her stories as she nodded her head every now and then to agree with whatever the demon was saying. This was going to be essential to report back to when she got to the Gotei, so she didn't want to miss out on this intel.

Eventually, when the air was cleared, The Mistress of Glum took a soft sigh as it was a lot to process and take in. So, she leaned back in her chair for a moment, glancing at the regeneration of the Vael as she finally seemed to be picking up at the pace. At least, if nothing else, the woman wasn't too gravely injured. She'd live to see another day.

"Take it easy for today. You've done enough. Thank you for the service."

Deciding to help her friend out, Saiko held out her right palm and sent a shockwave of sapphire-hued energy for the demon's body to break down, consume and help with the recovery. While the half-breed couldn't heal, perhaps the seal of eris would break down the blood they share quickly enough to make it compatible enough to help her recover.

"You look like dog shit, friend. Take that and recover."

Speaking playfully, Saiko chuckled as she wasn't serious or anything. It just felt natural to say, given she could sense the exhausted state Arianda was in.

"But tell me, aren't you scared of Shadow Fall or Mana herself getting annoyed with you?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:29 pm

Arianda was glad that Saiko was taking her so serious, especially considering that part of the demon was unsure if Saiko would fully take the whole thing about a Dracolich seriously. However, Saiko took down note after note, with the demon making sure to re-specify a few important points so that Saiko could take a full account. Afterwards, the demon stretched, wincing slightly as her head gave a painful twinge in protest. However, when Saiko gave the demon what was basically a blue energy drink, except it was actually the woman's own energy, the demon felt all of her aches fade away and any injury that remained to her head healed as well with the excess of energy that she had consumed, converted, and then used. A sigh of relief flowed from the demon as she leaned to the side, into the couch, rubbing her head gratefully; which slightly ruffled her hair.

"Thanks a lot for that, Saiko. Guess my head was still having troubles healing and the rest of my body was reacting poorly to it. It's not every day you get thrown head first into a wall far harder than any skull should deal with."

The demon laughed it off a tiny bit, but Saiko could tell that some more of Ari's energy now was genuine and honest; unlike a tiny bit forced out of an attempt to stay away. However, Saiko soon gave her a question that caused the demon's mirth filled smile to melt away slowly. She tilted her head gently, an eyebrow cocking upwards as she quietly considered the problems. Would Mana be mad with her? Frankly speaking, probably not. She stepped down as Queen, and likely had very little interest in Shadow Fall afterwards. Not to mention, it was in the nature of demons to fight over land, and especially for demons to fight each other in general. Arianda wasn't wholly confident in her answer, but if Mana and Ari's bond had honestly strengthened recently, then it's far more likely Mana already knows and couldn't give a rat's ass. Then again, it was wrong for Ari to make that decision. Mana was always unpredictable, and it was best to expect everything and nothing at the same time with her. Next came Shadow Fall...

Now that was a troublesome question. As far as Ari knew, Shadow Fall at large had relatively fallen apart since Mana said 'fuck this shit I'm out', so the chances of them becoming angry at her felt quite slim. Besides, Arianda wouldn't be what she called herself a "normal demon". She's always been much nicer than the stereotypical demon, and has found herself liking most humans more than a majority of demons. However, both questions were still very good and left Ari pondering for quite some time.

"I'm not... I'm not sure, Saiko. I don't think any of the Loyalist Sects left on Earth have methods to communicate with those in demon world. Then again, I don't know that for sure. When it comes to Mana, I don't feel like she would be, because she understands the need for demons to do what they must to survive; but I cannot say for certain. It's impossible for me to guess either outcome, but I'll bear the responsibilities of both when the time comes."

Arianda definitely didn't seem horribly different from before, but it was clear her dedication to her path was strong; and her heart surprisingly pure for how much it had been tainted when she was part of Shadow Fall. However, in the back of her mind, in a way that hopefully only Ari could perceive, she silently wished that she would never have to make such a painful choice with Mana. As Ari was, if she had to choose between the world or Mana, she would find a way to choose both; or die trying. She will not lose her tiny family nor this world, never.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:33 pm

THE MISTRESS OF GLUM

Enter Saiko's Post

Saiko couldn't help but stare at Arianda as it was clear the woman was pushing herself more than she needed to. Much like going to the limit with your body physically, trying to go one hundred percent on a goal from the jump will leave you more burned out than before. No, Arianda needed to go at a steadier pace. Of course, there was an eagerness to please, but that would lead to a swift demise. Hence, the hybrid spoke on that subject:

"Take better care of yourself. There will be no point to this if you break down before you can make a long-lasting impact."

The tone of the woman's voice held no annoyance in it. Instead, Saiko spoke in a soft voice as she just wanted the demon to understand that going to that extent and not paying attention to her body can have long-term consequences. Just look at what happened to their Queen for having nearly exhausted herself to the point of no return.

Regardless, she'd continue to listen and hear about the current situation with Shadow Fall, Demon World, and Mana as a whole. The whole thing felt off to Saiko. Not in the sense that Arianda was lying to them, but Saiko couldn't believe the fact that even after the chaos of this war, Shadow Fall couldn't just go quickly into the night. They were utterly ruthless from her time serving, and some of her still believed they were plotting something.

Nevertheless, she'd continue to speak her mind:

"I understand where you are coming from; just be careful. You never know what that woman or those people are planning. Even if we aren't best friends, I would rather not see you get hurt."

Stated in a concerned tone of voice; Saiko nodded and then pressed forward with her own question:

"Do you even miss Demon World? Is there any part of you that misses your old life? It seemed like you had no hesitation in throwing caution to the wind. But, given how little is left of it, I can hardly blame you. "

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Arianda was honestly truly touched that Saiko was concerned about her health. However, part of the demon knew that, for something like this, throwing your all into it was sometimes the best thing to do. Saiko did have a point, that if Arianda worked herself to death, it would literally amount to nothing. She won’t lie, she got lucky with the Dracolich, and lucky that it was rotted enough that any decision making was completely ass by that point. Luck wouldn’t be with her forever. Certainly not. So, after a few moments, some of the exhaustion showed in the demon’s silver eyes. Not because of their conversation, but because of her ordeal. Ari was a lot better now that Saiko had gifted her with an energy snack, but tired was still tired.

“You’re right… I guess I did go a little too hard. If not for that dracolich, I probably woulda been better off. Hypotheticals won’t get me anywhere, not with this kind of thing. Neither when it comes to overdoing it in battle and especially with guessing about Mana and Shadow Fall shit.”

Arianda then gave Saiko a warm smile, rubbing the back of her neck gently; her cheeks tinted slightly pink. Frankly, she felt the same way about Saiko; even if the woman could definitely take care of herself, it was simply Ari’s way to be concerned about those she cared for. Which was why the demon eventually nodded and gave Saiko a more gentle warm smile.

“I’ll be more careful, Saiko. In all respects, battle, Shadow Fall, and Mana. If not only because I don’t want to die early, but also so I can spare you some pain.”

Another warm smile before Saiko stated her next question. It confused Ari, a tiny bit. Did she miss demon world? No. Not really. Her home that she shared with her mothers before being kidnapped? Yes. Dearly. But demon world? She never had any real attachment to the place aside from Shadow Fall and Mana; one of which is in an odd state the last Ari knew, and Mana wasn't even on demon world anymore. At least, not for the time being.

“I… I don’t know, Saiko. It’s not like I was horribly fond for the place. Ever since I escaped from being what was essentially a war slave, Earth has been my home. And that… that was a long time ago. The only thing I miss from demon world isn’t there anymore. I only miss my childhood home, Saiko. And that is long gone because I have this itching feeling that my parents left demon world long before it closed… I’unno. I guess I never felt the urge to miss a place that didn’t feel like it was mine. And why miss a place that was so… sour and sad.”

It was the simple truth, and Arianda felt no harm in sharing that with Saiko. And she did ask, after all. And, in a strange way, Arianda felt oddly comfortable sharing these details with Saiko. Regardless, Ari told Saiko her whole opinion. And the way Saiko was concerned about the demon did help to lift Ari’s spirits about the future. After all, having such a friend like Saiko… it’s exactly what Ari needed.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:19 pm

THE MISTRESS OF GLUM

Enter Saiko's Post

Saiko nodded as she was pleased Arianda was more concerned for her health. Not only out of a sense of responsibility to the world but more so on an individual level to not see someone tear themselves apart to achieve a goal. But, unfortunately, she had seen that one too many times in her own life and in herself, so the hybrid had no desire to see that outcome befall the demon.

"Thank you for thinking of your health. Rest assured, mine will be taken care of as well."

Although Saiko dismissed the concerns for her own health with a gentle smile, she wasn't a fool and knew her limits as well. So, she'd continue.

"I have my own rest day planned after this to recover from my work load."

With that problem addressed, Saiko felt apt to move on from the subject.

When Arianda started speaking of not wanting to cause the half-blood pain, she couldn't help but have a playful laugh. Her? Afraid of pain? Did she not even realize who she was talking to? This was the Mistress Of Glum. Even though she may not look it these days, Saiko could still sense the depths of her own sorrow and the world at full force with her power.

So, with a snort, she began to talk once more.

"Pain is unavoidable in life, but we can reduce the odds of that. I should know, considering my power's namesake."

And, as if on cue, Saiko crossed her leg, waved her hand, and had her zanpukto materialize in a plum fire that oozed dread and woe throughout the room before it faded away.

"But I can understand how you feel because of that pain. I to no longer have a home that exists, and it's quite lonely trying to rebuild a place I can call my home."

Glancing outside the window to the night skies, she closed her eyes and just asked Arianda another hard-hitting question.

"So, if no home exists for you, does Mana provide you that comfort? I'd understand why you are so clingy with that family dwindling."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:56 pm

Arianda watched Saiko close as the woman spoke, dismissing any concerns for her own health as easily as Ari used to dismiss most people's care for her own health... understandable, honestly. Saiko was a very intelligent woman and could handle herself. However, Arianda was far more rash in her decision making, and she was glad Saiko was the one to tell her to stop being so rash and slow it down a bit with her venture to try and make up for her past; redeem herself in a sense. Not to mention, Arianda was glad to hear the woman had a rest day of her own planned, something that Ari knew Saiko likely deserved. However, soon Saiko turned towards a topic that made Ari tilt her head to the side somewhat gently.

Pain, and its unavoidable nature. True, pain was unavoidable. All one had to do was stub a toe and then suddenly, ow pain! However, that didn't mean one couldn't take certain measures to reduce pain, to save themselves from it. However, the demon couldn't help but smile at Saiko during her first statement.

"Indeed, it is unavoidable, but there is no point in doing things that would cause those I care for pain; if it can be helped... But I do understand what you mean."

Arianda paused at that single statement, gladly letting Saiko speak; and feeling a tiny shiver run up her spine as Saiko's Zanpakuto materialized from what felt like out of nowhere; spreading that dread and woe through the room. Honestly, for that brief moment, Ari was partially reminded of some moments of her past that were quite dreadful. However, the thoughts were pushed away when the presence faded and Ari looked into the cerulean eyes that were Saiko's. She nodded at the woman gently, confirming her understanding. Ari may have a "Home" But she has yet to find a place to belong. And then, came a question that stung like the ones Saiko had asked the demon during their first meeting.

Does Mana provide for her the comfort of home? Frankly speaking, no. Even now, when Mana is a far kinder being in comparison to her previous self, there is no way to say that Ari felt "at home" around Mana. Because the woman was so... difficult to fully share anything with, that even the prospect of her being Ari's home, place where she belonged, felt rather ludicrous to the demon. However, the reason why Ari was clingy? Love. She was always on the desperate search for affection likely due to the lack of affection she had received from Mana... and she DID really love hugging and kissing, so that was somethin'. Eventually, after the demon turned herself towards Saiko completely, sitting crisscross now, she let a tiny smile cross her lips.

"Nah... Mana was many things for me, but home was not one of them. Demon world wasn't home, and honestly this house sometimes doesn't feel like home; I only stick around because I need a roof over my head, and it's the last gift from my late daughter. Maybe one day it'll be home, but I need to find that way I belong first, I suppose. But being so clingy? I'm probably love starved in some damn stupid way thanks to my past experiences; it's caused me to do dumbass things. But, I won't lie that I do honestly love hugs. Sometimes that physical contact, just a simple hug from someone close to me is what can get me through a day. We know I'm a broken women, slowly reassembling the shards of herself, and that stuff helps. It's why I hope you don't mind when I slip up every so often and give you a hug that's a litttle too tight."

Arianda quietly pulled a pair of scissors out of her pocket, which Saiko would easily recognize, and the demon spun them around her fingers casually. It was no show, it seemed more like a nervous fidget; just with something that was far too sharp to be fidgeting with so casually. It could likely be slightly endearing, that even a demon was capable of having nervous fidgets like any human could.

"I'll get better eventually, but the hugging will never change; it's how I show I care when words fail me. It's that brand of physical affection I just couldn't be without, and I hope you won't mind the occasional hug from me... And, Saiko... If I ever find myself a home, you'd always be welcome to stay."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum