Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Empty A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna]

Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:14 pm

Song: N/A - By: N/A - Word Count: N/A

Even though Shuten hadn't attended to this particular activity in a very long time due to her being alone as a captain, with no lieutenant, she hadn't the time to scout out prospective students at Shino. However, as things were, Shuten now had the time and a bit of an understanding of who could be potential students and who wouldn't be. She wasn't about to go around and take in random students, but it was definitely true that she was going to try and mark down prospective future members of the stealth division. However, it wasn't easy to say that Shuten felt a bit uneasy about all of this.

The unease only came from how Shuten felt about her job, and about herself. Her recent lover disappearing at random hadn't exactly made Shuten's life light up with sunshine and daises. No, things were a bit more dreary. Compiled on top with a demotion, no matter how expected or temporary her captaincy was, it was all a bit painful. Which was why Shuten appeared a bit distracted as she strolled through the halls of Shino academy, her Zanpakuto being the only thing that accompanied her on this little search; as she felt Alcohol wouldn't exactly be a great idea to bring into a school. And no, the gourd on her Zanpakuto didn't count because that was healing Sake.

However, during her aimless wanderings, still having enough mind to note down who seemed prospective and who did not, Shuten eventually found herself seeing what she felt like was an odd apparition. A few times, Shuten could have sworn she saw Magnolia, her lover... ex lover?, around a few corners. It was slightly maddening, and made the Suika wish she had some alcohol with her. However, the Suika simply continued her tour until she finally was forced to stop. She saw her again, a woman that she believed to be Magnolia but not; as their energy signatures was nowhere near similar. Even if the appearances were deceiving, Shuten couldn't help but feel her heart beat quicken; her mind defying what her body was reacting to. Eventually, Shuten walked up to the woman, tapping her on the shoulder... as best she could at least.

"Excuse me... if I may, who might you be? You bear... well, a striking resemblance to a woman I know. Frankly speaking, the resemblance is uncanny..."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Empty Re: A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna]

Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:54 pm
A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] HEADER_EFPoF0NUUAEq42w

Man she'd been slacking. Ish? Sortof? After having put so much effort into training and studying she'd...declined just a little. Her skills had improved, but she didn't quite have the same ...zest in improving herself that she'd had in the past. Tch.. well... just meant she'd have to try and get back into things, right? It was as simple as that. She'd been hitting the books a bit harder, trying to acclimate to these shinigami abilities. Definitely easier said than done. Honestly even when she wasn't studying her head felt a little foggy now and then. Aaaand that's why she failed to notice the woman that had stared at her a few times in the hall. Focused on the path infront of her.

It was only when that woman, the shinigami, a full member of a squad it seemed like, tapped her shoulder that she actually stopped and turned around... only to glance down and see them looking right up to her. "Hi there." She greeted the woman, offering a calm smile before tilting her head. "Oh! You must mean Magnolia! Hehe, yea we look a lot alike. It was kinda weird when we met, I'll tell you what. Yea, sorry if I gave you a bit of a spook, me in my academy robes probably took ya by surprise." She chuckled, shifting her books to one side before offering a gentle bow of respect, after all, the woman was a proper member of the gotei.

"My name's Lerna. Just Lerna. Substitute shinigami and student at the Academy. Sorry for startling ya. I was actually about to go get somethin to eat. Wanna come with? I'd certainly be interested in hearin how you know Magnolia. Not every day ya meet someone with a mutual friend like her." She reasoned. No doubt it was probably a little strange. Lerna had a sortof informal mannerism about her. She did the bows and all that, but she really couldn't help the kinda....punkish accent she had and the way she talked. A side effect of frankly, being a part of a lot of gangs when she was getting used to living with humans. But she still liked to THINK she was kinda roguishly charming and not just an asshole.
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Empty Re: A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna]

Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:04 pm

"Yes... Yes I do mean Magnolia. I won't ask why you two look alike, because I'm sure it's nothing any of us could describe. However, you are fine... No scare just... It was very jarring, that is all."

Shuten affixed the papers she had on her clipboard, calmly hiding her notes from Lerna as she also adjusted the Zanpakuto on her back. Frankly speaking, Shuten's appearance alone was likely odd enough; but the captain's badge that was tied around her upper left arm was more than enough to warrant her reasoning here. Either way, she nodded at the woman before her agreeing to go with Lerna to get something to eat. After all, she did get enough notes for her duties of today... and a small break to get to know this odd individual who looked just like Magnolia would be interesting.

"That sounds just fine, Lerna... I was getting a bit hungry, after all. By the way, I'm Shuten Suika. Lead the way, Lerna."

Frankly speaking, Shuten was still a little jarred. Her punkish attitude mixed with the mild formality was just as jarring as her appearance. While nothing like Magnolia, who had swept Shuten off her feet, she still had some odd charm to her; some of which reminded her of Magnolia... and it hurt. However, she kept that small bit of pain to herself, resolving to perhaps telling Magnolia of this encounter when she found the woman... if she found her. Regardless, the Suika followed Lerna to wherever she desired to eat.

"I'd be glad to tell you how Magnolia and I met over a meal... That will certainly give me a bit of time to recover from what I would certainly call shock. Hopefully the story won't bore you..."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Left_bar_bleue0/0A Familiar Face, Yet Unknown [Private: Shuten/Lerna] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:25 pm

Lerna raised a brow slightly and chuckled when Shuten mentioned not asking why they looked alike. "I can't really say much on that end. I've always looked like this. So glad yer not askin. But nah, don't worry about it. S'to be expected." Her tone dipped a bit to try and relax the woman who definitely seemed a bit uh...thrown off by it all. Certainly Lerna didn't really think much of the gourd the woman had. After all, her OWN zanpaku'to was also seemingly sheathed into a small little gourd, though certainly it seemed like a small blade from the size of the thing. Entirely unaware that they both had alcohol based powers.

Ah well. All the same, she smiled as the shorter...horned woman agreed to some along. Lerna honestly not even really asking about it. She'd seen far weirder in the old R and D division. Soon enough they were heading toward one of the merchant sections that was close to the academy. A common spot for students to get a little something to eat.

"Shuten. Huh... so Captain Shuten. I was a little confused when I saw your badge. I'd heard Professor Astillon was taking up Captaincy in that squad." She noted, making her way up to one of the cart vendors and ordering herself a beef bowl with rice. Just something nice and simple. While her order was being prepared, she turned her attention back to Shuten. "I admit I don't know Magnolia ...SUPER well. She's one of the women who vouched for me becoming a substitute shinigami. Met her out by one of the bombed out cities down on earth. Some of those...whatchamacallems... the anti-spiritual fucks. They decided to start trouble and we wound up dealing with them together. I admit, I kinda only ran into her once again after I joined before she kinda poofed." She noted, leaning a bit to the side as she watched Shuten calmly.

She could tell that the woman was uncomfortable. Humans always had such strange tells. The way she fidgeted and stared off into space now and then. She have a bad history with Magnolia or something? Or were they closer than just friends? Family maybe? Well, it probably wasn't really much her business but she hoped that her usual tactic would help smooth things over: Just be calm and friendly. Hopefully it'd rub off on the shorter woman.
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:37 pm

"Lieutenant Shuten now, hence the badge, Actually... and he did. It's good to have him back. But I cannot say if he'll keep teaching at the same time. If he tries... well, I suppose I may have to hit him with a stick."

Shuten couldn't help but chuckle the tiniest amount, the shock that was once coursing through her being starting to ebb away. She followed Lerna out of the Academy, picking up her giant gourd, and other accoutrements, before she left the academy completely. Afterwards, Shuten gladly followed Lerna to food cart where Shuten ordered Oyako Donburi. While they waited, Lerna spoke of how she had met Magnolia. An interesting little story at a chance meeting, where they hadn't seen each other since. It was odd, frankly speaking, but it made sense why Magnolia had never honestly mentioned it to her. Frankly speaking, it simply wasn't an issue. But now, with Magnolia essentially gone, it seemed quite the issue to Shuten now... However, she simply decided to brush the issue aside. It would do no good to be uncomfortable around the woman. So, as if out of reflex, the Suika slid a rather colorful, and quite large, sake dish out of a small pouch near the giant blue gourd she had upon her hip. With a practiced swiftness, Shuten uncorked the gourd, tilted the gourd while it still remained on her hip, and filled up her Sake dish with an ample amount of sake. She took a long drink, in which she corked the gourd upon her hip, and then soon let out a sigh of contentment. Lerna may not know what Shuten was exactly, given Shuten was a Suika, but it was obvious to see that holding her liquor was an easy feat for her; even if this was currently Shuten's most casual drinking sake.

After Shuten had taken that long drink, their individual meals had arrived and Shuten guided them to a nearby, and relatively private, area for them to sit and eat. In that time, Shuten had simply silently noted what Lerna had said with interest. However, after taking her seat, and setting the giant gourd upon her hip down on the grass standing up, she looked at Lerna curiously before she shared her own tale of how she met Magnolia.

"Much like your meeting with Magnolia, it was quite at chance. I was in an onsen, out in the world of the living if my memory serves me well... Let's just say that Magnolia was an alarmingly charming woman who had knocked me head-over-heels far more easily than I care to admit. To put it very bluntly, Lerna, we were lovers... Seeing you, well, while not unpleasant, it was certainly shocking. And yes, she did 'poof' as you said. It, well, it has not been easy. I hope to find her every day, but have a feeling I may never set my eyes upon her."

Shuten's eyes, as she spoke, had become distant, her Oyako briefly forgotten before the purple-haired Shinigami shook her head gently and took a rather large bite of her food; which she chewed as if to distract herself. And, as if to capitalize upon the action, she chased the food with a drink of sake again. After a brief period of silence, from Shuten at least, she gave Lerna a tentative smile.

"Apologies, I'm afraid I am not quite over her sudden disappearance. But, enough about that... how have your studies been going at the Academy? Are you aiming to be a full Shinigami instead of a substitute Shinigami?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:12 pm

Lerna nodded along as the woman explained. So she was going to be the lieutenant? She furrowed her brows a little. She didn't really know ...what all that was about. But frankly, it really wasn't her business, and she probably wasn't too interested in it anyway. Other divisions had their own stuff going on, she didn't care one way or another what was going on in fifth division. And certainly she just kinda...kept eating as the topic came and went. Though, when Shuten went on to explain how she met MAGNOLIA. Well that raised both of Lerna's brows, staring for a moment at the woman. First at the idea of Magnolia being ...charming? She didn't really have any metric for that. Sure, Magnolia seemed like she would be popular. ....Yea...She supposed Humans did always seem to be into that stuff. Lerna certainly thought the woman was attractive, but certainly not like that. It was more of a narcicism than anything else. OF course she was beautiful, she looked like her.

But then she connected the dots. And well, Shuten then connected them for her a moment after. So they had been lovers? Well, that certainly explained why Shuten stared so much. But all the same, Lerna gave a dismissive wave of her hand. "Thats kinda....weird. I mean.... Yea I haven't seen her. But ....it's not like anyone has sounded an alarm that she's gone. Which means that in terms of administration SOMEONE knows where she is. Have you ASKED the Captain Commander where she is?" She ventured, a little.....weirded out by the woman. After all, supposably she was pretty upset that the woman was gone. But she didn't go ...investigating it? She was part of Covert Operations wasn't she? Wasn't it her JOB to know what was going on around Soul Society? Or was Magnolia known for just vanishing like this? It didn't sound like it, what with the audible concern in Shuten's voice. And like...if she WAS thinking the woman was gone, why wasn't she out looking for them? It frankly didn't make a lot of sense. Humans were weird....
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:44 pm

For a moment, Shuten had to pause and rub her temples. She had forgotten a great deal about where Magnolia was during her worry about her duty, and her demotion, and just about everything. Which caused her to utter misinformation. The Suika sighed, pulled a sake dish out, and took a long drink from the dish she had just filled; a warm sensation filling her being. It was the last of her sister's sake she had from the last time they had met, but it was enough to help her relax, enough to clear her head. Really, she needed to stop trying to do so much, it was going to be the end of her; and wallowing in the one she could no longer be with wasn't a solution.

"I'm sorry, Lerna. I've been caught up in my own head and was giving you the wrong information. I forgot where she was and, in my forgetfulness, panicked for silly reasons. She's not missing, she's simply gone where I cannot reach her; the Zero Division. I've simply let myself worry about too many things and that has... muddled everything."

Shuten shook her head, replacing her sake dish where it was before, and then she gave Lerna an apologetic smile. Shuten wasn't lying, or simply being dramatic, the shadows under her eyes was enough to tell Lerna that Shuten had been doing a bit much and hadn't been letting herself be herself. She was a fucking Suika, not an uptight Shinigami. So, the Suika stretched a tiny bit before she gave Lerna an apologetic bow.

"I'm sorry if I confused you, because I was confused myself I gave you an incorrect recollection of events. I must apologize for that, but I certainly should try not to get so lost in my own head that I start spouting untruths."

Shuten smiled sheepishly before she turned to her food. Shuten certainly did seem a bit more relaxed than she was before, for multiple reasons it seemed; paramount among them was the sake she had imbibed earlier. Among them was also the clearing of her head, and the proper organization of her thoughts. Really, Shuten needed to spend more time with her family. The Suika soon had turned towards her food and attacked it with ravenous hunger, something that also seemed to help the woman relax a further degree. Eventually, Shuten placed the half empty bowl down, to let her stomach settle and also converse a small bit before she finished her meal.

"I still am quite curious how you look so much like Magnolia. But I can only assume we both can just put it up to pure chance, correct? Regardless, it is fascinating how some of us in life have these twins that are not related by blood, or seemingly in any way, yet look so similar. Again, I apologize for my previous behavior. I've let too much build up on me and haven't given myself a chance to properly relax with another and not just by myself."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum