Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Empty Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito]

Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:08 pm
Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] GBrBIo7

KAITO TOMOYUKI | GHOST OF THE RUKONGAI

Coming from the Rukongai, there were many things about the world that Kaito didn't know beyond what he learned in the outer districts. He had learned a lot in his short time at the academy so far, but there was still much that was new. Particularly, a woman who called herself a Danava...whatever that meant.

Seeing that she was an instructor, however, gained his interest. He had submitted a request a day or so ago, and he was curious to see what a "Danava" were like. So, grabbing his Asauchi and training sword, Kaito made his way back to the academy grounds. Maybe there was something unique about her own style of combat that Kaito could learn from it, to see what pieces of it could potentially inspire him in his own ventures that would be noteworthy.

He arrived early, a running theme for him, and decided to go through the exercises he had been studying, employing the notes that Yuri had made when he received tutelage from her. Turning around at hearing someone enter, he figured that the person entering was Kimitsuki. He lowered his weapon, left his stance, and offered a smile and wave to her as she entered.

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Empty Re: Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito]

Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:27 pm
Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] L0Imfce

KIMITSUKI YAMAMOTO

A request from a student to meet from a student at the Academy, one who seemed to at least wish to meet Kimitsuki for their own reasons. She didn't mind, after all she had been giving private lessons to Hiroe. It was only natural other students may desire to be seen personally as well. This led to Kimitsuki to arriving at the agreed training area and time at the exact time that this Kaito had requested. Upon arrival, she had adjusted her hair a tiny bit, likely throwing into relief just how MUCH she had. She looked towards the only person in the place, and saw him wave at her. It was likely that this was Kaito, the person who had requested to meet her. Kimitsuki gave him a warm smile and wave in response, walking closer as she appraised Kaito quietly. Judging by his previous stance, Kimitsuki could only imagine he was well trained despite how relatively new he might be to the Academy. After getting a bit closer, Kimitsuki gave another smile.

"Nice to meet you, Kaito, right? As you may know, I am Kimitsuki Yamamoto; Danava of Fire and new Instructor. It's a pleasure~! If I may, why did you wish to meet me? Private appraisal of a new teacher? Or is it something else you might be wondering?"

Kimitsuki's fiery red eyes stared at him carefully. It was odd how... comforting the flame that seemed to dance in Kimi's eyes were. Especially so how she carried herself. She was quite, well, confident in her stance and herself; especially her fire. However, it was not overconfidence or arrogance. It was quite akin to the confidence that a well seasoned soldier may hold in specific circumstances. Not to mention she was also so... warm. Literally and figuratively. Even Kaito would be able to tell, especially if he got closer, that Kimitsuki radiated warmth; as if she herself was a fire warming the room. Comforting, warm, and perhaps a little wild... she was definitely an odd sight for Kaito, who had no idea what a Danava was. However, Kimitsuki was glad to answer any questions he had. After all, she was an instructor, and answering and asking questions was definitely in her job description.

END POST | THE LIBERATED FLAME

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:28 pm

He wasn't really sure what he had been expecting, but seeing someone that looked confident, yet friendly, was something he welcomed. The Danava of Fire...a conceptual title. It gave a little bit of insight into what Danava were -- something related to concepts. She also seemed to share the same last name as one of the former Head Captains. In fact, the fire thematic seemed to only draw further parallels. For a minute, he was quiet, looking her over, before he suddenly snapped back to attention and spoke.

"Oh, um, a few things, actually."

Putting his Asauchi away, taking it from the obi of his uniform and setting it on the ground next to him, and instead readjusting the training sword to be at his side.

"I wanted to know what a Danava was, and to see if there was anything I could learn from you that was different from what the academy teaches me. I figured it might prove useful and keep me unpredictable."

He unconsciously pulled a little at the collar of his student uniform. When had it gotten warm in the room? Was it part of what she could do? It would make sense, given the whole "Danava of Fire" thing she seemed to have going for her. It wasn't as unpleasant as it could be, though. Somewhat comforting, but still a bit toasty.

"I guess, first things first...what's a Danava, what do you do, and...why are you in the Soul Society?"

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Burning Spirit [Kimitsuki, Kaito] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:50 pm

KIMITSUKI YAMAMOTO

Kimitsuki could only hope she had the answers to his questions. After all, his questions were quite well loaded. And, frankly, one set of them likely pertained better to what Kimitsuki was teaching; much more practical classes that left most of the students worse for wear given they had little honest battle experience. However, the Danava simply listened to Kaito, calmly crossing her arms and tilting her head as she considered his questions while listening to him. And yes, it had gotten a little warm, but not uncomfortably so... more of a comforting warmth. But if it wasn't, Kimi could easily isolate Kaito and let him enjoy the room's natural ambient temperature.

"Well... I'll try my best. It's a little odd to explain..."

Kimitsuki walked to the center of the room, or the approximate center of the room, and without even a warning, fire burst from from her and created vast intricate lines, patterns, emblems, and a myriad of other images as Kimitsuki's hair seemed to glow in resonance with the fire; the Danava extending her hand to Kaito, a small clearing from the flame appearing around the two of them like they were in the calm eye of a storm. Yet, Kaito would be able to sense keenly that the fire was strangely benign. Nothing burned, nothing was even lightly singed; and the warmth in the room remained pleasant instead of overbearing.

"Strictly speaking, a Danava is a race that is born from Nidhana; she is everything and nothing. You could consider her the mother of all Danava, if you wish. They, or I should say we, are created from concepts. In my case, fire. However, the inner complexities get a bit more interesting..."

Kimitsuki flicked her wrist and a few columns of flames burst into life before being snuffed out as she drew her hand into a fist. She smiled at Kaito carefully before she snapped her fingers and the fire around them coalesced into one point on Kimi's right hand; a miniature column of fire that flickered with a rainbow of differently colored flame. She hummed gently, her hair still glowing like coals, billowing of it's own accord.

"See... Danava aren't just beings that make up a concept. We are literally born from a concept. One could say that I am fire, even though I have a name all my own. It's more apt to say that Danava are ideas come to life, but with our own will and desires; able to decide how we use the concepts that created us to shape the world. Frankly speaking, Danava can be quite dangerous... But, they can also be a blessing upon those who know them. After all, what better to protect life than something so primal? And as to why I am here..."

Kimitsuki let the fire in her right hand sputter out until she was no longer summoning her flame, her hair slowly returning to it's normal hue and relative stillness. She smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head as she looked at Kaito.

"Well, to be honest, at first I was here to serve as vassal and bodyguard to Abalia Kyoraku; she's a close friend of mine. However, the current head Captain, Captain Murasaki, approached me and offered me a job to teach here at Shino Academy. Suffice to say, I accepted... Any more questions, young Kaito?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:41 pm

As Kimitsuki reached a hand out and suddenly summoned flames to the room, a hand instinctively went to his training sword. He didn't draw it from his side, only put his hand on it out of shock as he looked around them, listening to what Kimitsuki was saying. The Danava were created from concepts? However that worked...then again, it wasn't entirely dissimilar to what he had learned about Zanpakutos.

As she drew the flames back to her hand, showing off an array of colors as they swirled in her hand, Kaito couldn't help but stare. Colors that he never knew existed with flames were right in front of him, swirling in harmony. The thought that Danava were ideas come to life only drew further similarities. In a way, the Zanpakutos that they carried were their own ideas and ideology come to life, manifested from their soul. Yet, they were still their own entity, to a degree.

He took a moment to look at his sword at the thought. Sentient ideas. It sounded silly when you said it like that, but, it was a fitting comparison. As she let the flames dissipate, he turned his attention back to her. She was supposed to be the bodyguard for the former Head Captain, yet was moved to the academy to teach. He tilted his head to the side, taking a moment to think before he responded.

"What do you offer that no other teacher does? I'm guessing you either use a sword or your hands...or the fire, that too, but, do you have...anything unique that you could teach me? I want to learn anything that I can use to protect my home, and give back to the people there."

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:19 pm

KIMITSUKI YAMAMOTO

Kimitsuki tilted her head slightly as she considered Kaito's question. What did she offer that the other teachers didn't? Well, aside from fire and her personal expertise with Danava, given she was one, Kimitsuki pointed herself to a more practical level. She shrugged slightly, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly as she looked towards Kaito.

"Well, aside from fire, as you said, and aside from knowledge about Danava... The best I can think of would be honest practical combat. Everything in the academy is mostly theoretical... I am towards more practical combat that goes quite against the grain of the combat presented traditionally in the Academy. And yes, I use a sword."

After a mumbled phrase, Kimitsuki grasped the air at her left hip, but it was swiftly filled by a sword handle; and a blade was drawn from the air itself. The Danava flourished the weapon briefly before she held it out for Kaito to at least observe. It wasn't hot to the touch... but it's not like one wouldn't be nervous about touching the weapon of a being who said she was an embodiment of fire. A small smile later, Kimitsuki had shoved the sword into a nearby wooden training dummy; holding the Atma Vatou present so that she could leave the blade there; if only because she didn't feel like dispelling it quite yet.

"So, what do you think, Kaito? Would you like a bit of practical combat knowledge? I'm not sure what your capabilities are, so... what would you prefer in the end, Kaito? Because I am not sure if I know quite what you want exactly... stronger to protect your home, that I understand. But the rest? I think the best way to figure that out is through experience. What do you think, Kaito?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:11 am

He perked up when hearing practical combat, his interest only being further piqued at her mention of it going against the traditional teachings of the academy. That was all he really needed. He watched as she summoned a rather ornately designed sword, holding it out for him to observe. It was...vastly different from everything that he had seen in the academy so far.

Most of everything that the Shinigami had were fairly normal katanas, tantos, wakazashi, weapons with simplistic, clean designs. It was a strange difference between them, but, not entirely unpleasant. Taking a step back, he watched as she quickly thrust the sword into a nearby training dummy. A unique spark of determination and desire sparked in his eyes as she offered

"Yes, absolutely. Even if it goes against the curriculum of the academy, I want to learn it. I want to try and utilize everything that I learn. As for what I prefer, well...my capabilities aren't really that much. I'm not some prodigy or anything, I just do a lot of practicing. "

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:01 pm

KIMITSUKI YAMAMOTO

Indeed, Kimitsuki's weapon was extremely what one would call odd. Frankly speaking, she wouldn't really give the weapon any particular type. It has a name, as any great weapon should. However, a name was just that; a name. Giving it a type, however? She would believe it to be more akin to the straight Katanas... at least in blade shape alone. Otherwise, her lotus blade was in a class of its own. Eventually, the Danava gave Kaito a warm smile and nodded. She took the blade from the training dummy, leaving a slightly singed hole in the dummy before she flourished the blade and focused briefly; making the blade itself far more like the normal temperature of a normal sword. Essentially, liberating it from heat, the Danava smiled and beckoned towards Kaito and smiled.

"Then, Kaito, what are we waiting for? This is a training area, and what other place would be more perfect for such things? Come at me, young student, and we shall see what you are made of; and what I can teach you. Blade work, of course, and how to handle oneself in a real fight... and I won't take no for an answer, Kaito; strength is gained through tribulation and hard work... You must fight for it. Show me what you're made of, Shinigami to be."

Kimitsuki flourished her blade one more time before she closed her eyes, her hair glowing that same fiery color as she held her blade ready, holding it quite a lot like a longsword for the time-being. Frankly speaking... She was looking forward to surprising Kaito with a bit of half-swording. However, she would leave that for later when she wasn't gauging his skill. After all, she was a teacher, and to teach was a slow process; one full of repetition and hard work. And so, she would wait... wait for Kaito to attack like Kimitsuki told him to. Not to mention, if he felt the need to use practice swords, Kimi would gladly dull the edge of her sword.

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:18 pm

He was excited to be able to learn from someone so different from a Shingiami. Even if the fundamentals of Shinigami swordplay was rooted in the Living World's kenjutsu, the opportunity to learn beyond what the academy taught him was something that he was excited for. As Kimitsuki pulled her sword from the dummy, Kaito felt a small pang of concern at the charred black that surrounded the entry "wound".

He really hoped that she would go easy on him and not use her flames to an extent that it would incinerate him. Nevertheless, he slowly began to reach for his training sword, drawing it from his side. He took a neutral stance from the core style he learned in his classes, his legs spread apart slightly and his sword pointed vertically in front of him. Ever so slowly, he began to lower the tip of his sword to the ground.

"Before we start, I do want to say, please don't destroy this sword. It's...special to me, more than anything else., and the only one I have. Please, be careful."

Regardless of whether she would acknowledge it verbally, with gestures, or not at all, Kaito twisted his sword, letting the flat end of the blade face Kimitsuki. Subtly digging it into the ground, he paused for a moment, before suddenly digging up a clump of dirt from the ground and tossing it in Kimi's eyes. Without hesitation, he readjusted his grip, twisting the sword around to make a simple, but powerful swing to her side. He didn't possess enough strength to break bones, but there wasn't any question that if it hit, it was going to hurt.

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:33 pm

KIMITSUKI YAMAMOTO

Kimitsuki was more than willing to accept these terms as she wasn't trying to destroy his weaponry, only train. Which was also part of why Kimitsuki had briefly paid more attention to Kaito's body, trying to anticipate his next motions; which caused his little sneak attack to work with resounding success. Kimitsuki snarled somewhat, taking a reflexive step back as her eyes stung from the sudden invasion of dirt. However, in an instant, the Danava had used her liberating flame to liberate her eyes of the dirt as she stepped backwards again, smacked his blade aside, stepped forward into Kaito's guard, and proceeded to grab the blade of her own sword and smash the pommel of her sword into his chest; hard enough to leave a bruise, but not to break anything or cause any lasting damage.

All of her movements were clean, precise, and the amount of control she exuded was likely impressive, afterwads, Kimitsuki swiftly swept Kaito's legs out from under him, assuming he didn't dodge the strike Kimitsuki would then pin his sword arm with her foot and place the point of her sword against his throat; her fiery eyes calm and calculating.

"I see you're familiar with underhanded tricks and tactics... If you're from the Rukongai, I shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure they served you well. But, what would you do if it failed completely against an opponent who could prevent or immediately remove the obstruction? If there are no more tricks up your sleeves, then what are you left with? You must act and react in a moments notice, and you never hesitate."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum