Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Empty Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana]

Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:50 pm
Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] HEADER_EFPoF0NUUAEq42w

Whew. what a trip it'd been.

Lerna usually wasn't so exhausted after her little deployments to the world of the living. Normally her time in soul society was much more taxing. Hanging out on earth, cleansing hollows, and occassionally dealing with her old gang was a pretty done deal, but having taken part in a joint effort to do some hollow cleansing had been a bit more excitement than she was used to for sure! she let out a slow and steady yawn, arcing her back a bit and then sighing as she made her way to the training area.

Normally she was not all that into just grinding away. She had felt a slow and steady increase in her abilities, even though her skills as a shinigami were still...in progress. But she wasn't really feeling it to throw herself into her classes, so she decided a bit of clean and simple training might....help her get out of her funk.

Taking a look around the courtyard, she took a moment to eye the rest of the area. To see who else might be around. She'd long since gotten used to training with soul reapers. Heck, if she could snag someone to maybe get a little spar in, it might be just the thing to get her warmed up.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Empty Re: Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana]

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:19 pm
Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Hana_PostingHeader4
Enter: Hana Aoyama

Hana was only here because she was required to be. She had to train sometimes, right? When she first arrived, there were a few people present, but they left soon after. The training area she was in now had no one else. This gave her the ability to relax a bit. She kept swinging the wooden sword she trained with, but there was little to no effort behind it. Ten minutes later, she didn’t even break a sweat. Each swing was accurate, good to form, but powerless and unenthusiastic.

Hana soon found herself sitting in the dirt, dazing out to something else she created in her mind. Her imagination was more complicated today. Instead of a simple story about adopting a dog, she concocted a swarm of hollows trying to take over the city. She was alone and fighting them off, trying to protect her friend Hiroe from the incursion. Alas, this was all in her mind. To others, she was just sitting in the dirt, her sword on the ground, her head tilted to the side, and her eyes unfocused and stuck in a daydream… She really needed to get off her ass.

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:27 pm

Certainly it was probably good Lerna had come in a bit later in this gal's training for sure, she might have had a couple comments about the girl's little sword swings. But as luck would have it, she arrived as Hana sat in the dirt and stared off into space. A pause from the blonde as she turned, as if to see whatever it was that Hana was staring off at. Half expecting to see Kyo or something off on the other side of the courtyard. Nope, nobody over there...

She turned her attention back to the young woman and promptly put on a friendly smile. "Hey there! Lookin for a training partner?" She ventured with a tilt of her head. The informality of how she spoke certainly shining through. Most shinigami kinda got the impression that she was a rukongai inhabitant, and a bit of a punk at that. But she hardly let that bother her. Old habits died hard, and like hell was she gonna let a few odd looks keep her from talking how she wanted to talk.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:37 pm

Hana's mental movie reached a fun part when a voice outside of her mind snatched her attention. She was about able to defeat the last few hollow, when... Hana flinched, her head snapping over to Lerna, and her hand coming to her chest. When she recognized the Lerna from around the Division grounds, she took a few breaths and stood up. Hana hadn't ever interacted with her until now.

"You startled me," Hana said as she dusted dirt off her backside and picked up her sword. "I-... Well, I don't really need a partner. I was just about done here."

A lie, sort of. And it wasn't hidden well. She knew she needed to put some effort in, but didn't really want to. It was clear she was being lazy in some fashion. Her training outfit was clean, her hair pristine, and she looked full of energy.

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:20 pm

Lerna raised a brow a bit at that and let her head tilt a bit to the side. Yea that didn't seem to be the case at all. Either that or she was really bad at training. But either way, it was a little abundantly clear that this girl, whoever she was, didn't WANT to rain. Which, whatever she wasn't gonna go and force anyone to do something they didn't wanna do.

"Huh, well that's a shame. Well don't mind me, Have a good night." She chimed, a bright casual smile as she walked past Hana and made her way over toward one of the training dummies and promptly starting to set herself up a bit. Taking a moment to set up a short ways aaway before peeliong a textbook from her pocket and setting it beside her. Taking a moment to peer at the pages for a moment as her spiritual pressure rose slightly and she prepared herselt to start practicing a few Kido spells.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:53 pm

Phew.

Lerna just caught her slacking off, didn't she? Hana realized Lerna could tell she hadn't done any real training. As her squadmate walked by, Hana said nothing. She watched curiously for a minute before taking the chance to leave. However, as she stepped away, Lerna's spiritual pressure began to raise. Hana stopped and looked back. She took note of the textbook and became curious about it. She was going to ignore it, but a voice in the back of her mind told her that would be a bad idea.

"So, what's the textbook for?" Hana asked, walking back over to Lerna.

Hana had no desire for someone to report her, or spread rumors about her slacking off at training. If her parents found out, or worse, her Captain, she wasn't sure how good things would go. Maybe she could train with Lerna, at least this once.

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:32 am

Lerna quirked a brow over her shoulder as the girl seemed to linger around. A slight amused chuckle escaping as she held the book up for Hana to look at. "Kido textbook. I'm like...alright with Kido. But it never hurts to have a bit of reference when you're doin stuff." She reasoned with a casual smile. Turning her attention back toward the training dummy before raising her hand. Inciting the incantation in her mind rather than aloud. Which, of course lowered the potency, but hey this was training. She didn't exactly WANT to blow up the whole yard. A bright glimmering blade of flames coursed into existence just in front of her palm, which she promptly snared from the air. A bit of a low level spell, but handy. With a quick FLICK of her wrist, she flung the blade across the courtyard before it spun and buried itself into the training dummy and burst, a little explosion of flames wrapping around it before fizzling out as the energy was dissipated.

She then glanced over her shoulder to Hana and smiled. "Why? Don't you have a textbook nearby when you train with certain things?" She decided to ask. Normally she would just focus on her training, But Hana seemed interested in what she was doing and so she decided to be a bit more engaging than she otherwise would with her new audience.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:41 am

A kido textbook. Hana had one at home. It stayed on a shelf. The books she read were much more entertaining than that. As Lerna did her thing, Hana tiptoed over to the textbook and flipped through two pages before the burst happened. She looked up to the target, then to her own hand. She couldn't pull off very much with kido.

"Oh, I... Hm..." Hana said, a tinge of shame in her eyes as she looked off in a random direction. "No, I don't... I keep all my Academy stuff on a shelf back home. I probably shouldn't, since I'm not very good at... well, anything really."

Hana looked to the target, then to Lerna. "I have a difficult time keeping my focus when I'm training alone. I have a habit of dazing out and daydreaming. You offered a training partner before. Would you be willing to help me still?"

End Post
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:46 pm

Lerna flashed a smirk at Hana as she seemed to be almost intimidated by the spell. "Want me to show ya that one? It aint evenm a very high level Kido." She pointed out, gesturing toward the book and chuckling softly. "Simple Kido, Not even level ten. But its uh...supposed to help with Shinigami who can't use their Zanpaku'to as well as they can use Kido.Or something like that." She chuckled, pausing as she listened to the girl's explanation as to where her books were. Lerna herself gave a little shrug.

"Some people aren't really book learners. Not a big issue. But hey, if a little company will help you train, I don't mind helpin out. I always kinda hated trying to just brute force this stuff with repetition." Hardly even lying. Her memories of her old hunting days certainly didn't match up well with......well...standing in formations and doing the same thing over and over. Then again, she also was pretty piss poor with most of her normal shinigami skills, so maybe she needed to learn how to do that more. But she could push that off and focus on this instead. At least for now.

"Name's Lerna bye the way. Pleasure to meetcha." She held her hand out, offering to shake Hana's.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:30 pm
Earning your Scales [Lerna, Hana] Hana_PostingHeader2

Hana went quiet. She thought of her warm bed, some juice, a romance novel sitting by her bedside. She could completely walk away from this and she doubted that she'd really get in trouble. Lerna didn't seem like someone who would tattle. At the same time, however, Hana knew she had recently been very lax in her training, moreso than normal. She needed a few new tools under her belt, or she could get herself killed out there, or worse, get someone else killed, like Cala. That couldn't happen, so Hana took a deep breath and nodded. Today, she'd really train!

"My name is Hana Aoyama," Hana said with an uncharacteristically determined smile, taking hold of Lerna's hand and giving it a firm shake. "I would appreciate some guidance in kido, if you don't mind. What one was that?"

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum