Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty Re: Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya]

Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:49 pm
Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 TPy8WTV

KAITO TOMOYUKI | GHOST OF THE RUKONGAI

Kaito couldn't help but feel a bit of dread at waiting for his answer. He was someone that had always felt painful jealousy and envy toward nobility. They essentially had their entire lives set up for the, handed to them from the moment they could walk and talk. Compared to him, just some man from the Rukongai -- just another poverty-ridden wretch that nobody would notice if he were to die.

But, the answer that Byakuya gave him, at first, shocked him. Despite him being, from what he had heard, the current Head of the Kuchiki Clan, he said...no. He didn't hate those lesser than him -- that he understood his anger. Kaito...wanted to believe him, but, he knew that it was also all too easy for someone to lie, even if sometimes, the truth was far more obvious than they were willing to admit.

He thought of Hiroe, when she was so downtrodden, afraid, and defeated, yet when he tried to reach out, to try and help his friend, someone that he wanted to see succeed, she just lied to him. Pushed him away, left him to worry about her. Part of him believed that the nobleman was lying -- he doubted it would be hard for him to do so. But...maybe he did understand. Byakuya had lived for far longer than he had, and who knew how long he had been his family's head.

Maybe someone like him was something he had seen countless times already. The young man's expression softened, turning to the floor. His voice was even quieter than it had been before.

"...I'm sorry."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty Re: Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya]

Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:12 am
Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Byakuya_PostingHeader5
Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki was a man who understood his status among people. He was the head of the Kuchiki Clan and a former Captain, two roles in their society that were deemed impressive and honorable in different views. This man was among those with the potential to be great, and had chosen to join the academy. No matter Kaito's reasons for joining the academy, Byakuya saw that decision as a way to travel a noble path. One that if nurtured correctly, would lead to greatness.

"Your apology is accepted," Byakuya said. He stepped over to Kaito, leaving a conversational amount of space between them. As others continued their training, Byakuya made a decision. "You were not completely wrong," Byakuya said. "I did come here with the intention of finding an exceptional student. As a former Captain, I thought to offer my skill and knowledge to them through extra lessons."

Byakuya watched Kaito, gauging his reaction as he let his words linger in the air for a few seconds before he finally asked, "Would you be interested?"

If Byakuya was willing to marry a commoner, it should not be a shock that he would offer to train one. And seeing as Kaito had the ability to reflect and listen, he was fine with offering something like this. It would be fine if Kaito rejected the idea, but he had gained some of Byakuya's respect through this interaction.

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:18 pm

His face didn't change as he heard Byakuya accept his apology. He heard him walking, getting closer to him, but Kaito's gaze remained turned to the floor. He knew that Byakuya had been there to find an exceptional student -- he knew of at least two. Hiroe, someone blazing through her classes now with even more fire and determination than ever before, and Ajora, quiet, and an isolationist. Someone recently deceased, yet was already incredibly talented, despite her being a first year.

But, then Byakuya asked if he would be interested. That caused his head to lift and expression to change to one of confusion. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't, but, it was just confused by the noble offering that to him. He had just insulted him, and even if he had apologized, why was he offering it to someone like him?

"If you're wanting to find an exceptional student, I'm not the person you're looking for. If you want actual talent...look for Hiroe Miyashiro and Ajora. They're far more worthwhile than me. They're early in the academy, but...they're still some of the most talented people I've met here."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Rags and Riches [Kaito, Byakuya] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:02 pm
Byakuya Kuchiki

Though being exceptional was his initial requirement, this interaction changed Byakuya's thought process. An exceptional student was already on their way to being a useful Shinigami. If he offered his knowledge and skill to instruct someone he felt worthy, whether they were exceptional or not, whether they had his same views or not, maybe greater change would come to the Soul Society.

"I can fit two students into my schedule," Byakuya said. "I will keep Miyashiro and Ajora in mind, but my offer to you stands. If you accept, training will be long and difficult. You will be exhausted and likely become injured. However, the end result will be worth it. Do you feel you could benefit in learning from me?"

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:42 pm

Training hard was something that hardly fazed him. He was someone that already put an absurd amount of work and effort into practicing, meditating with his Asauchi - In spite of his distaste toward the concept of nobility -- something else nagged at him. His fingers tightened around his sword, contemplating his question.

The prospect of training under a former Captain, someone revered throughout much of the Seireitei, was something that he could not deny, was unbelievably tempting. He wanted to better his home, to give his family an easy life, to offer protection to any who needed it. He remained quiet for a few moments, looking to his Asauchi as he contemplated the decision, before finally looking up at Byakuya.

"Yes. If you'll have me, I promise to put everything into it. Length and difficulty isn't a concern -- if it means that I'll be good enough, I'll do it."

Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:19 am
Byakuya Kuchiki

The offer was genuine, though Byakuya was not sure it would be accepted. He watched the man, not a change in his expression as Kaito went through whatever thoughts he had to make his decision. When the decision came back positive, Byakuya held out his hand to Kaito. He would do his best to train his students.

"We'll begin next week," Byakuya said. Once their handshake ended, Byakuya reached into his inner pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. The start date, time, and instructions to get in through the back gate where his training area was were on the paper. "Here. We'll discuss scheduling lessons around your classes later."

Byakuya almost walked away, but then realized something. He had not officially introduced himself to Kaito, nor had he actually learned his new students name. Byakuya could assume Kaito knew who he was by the reaction from before, but there was no point in bluntly verbalizing that. "You may or may not be aware, but I am Byakuya Kuchiki, Former Captain of the original Sixth Division. Your name?"

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:01 am

Accepting the handshake offered by the noble, Kaito stood up, a warm, albeit wary and worried smile coming to his features. He wanted to become stronger -- but he just hoped that this was an avenue that he wouldn't come to regret. He watched as Byakuya pulled out a slip of paper, accepting it and reading over the date, time, and instructions for training with him. He read them over a few times before slipping the paper in his uniform's pocket.

"Thank you."

As Byakuya began to walk away, Kaito was about to turn for the door as well -- mainly to find a different training area where there weren't so many eyes on him, but then, Byakuya suddenly turned back around. He already knew the former Captain's name, reputation, and former title, but, then came a bit of an awkward realization: he had never introduced himself. That was...very awkward.

The prospect of which promptly caused Kaito to freeze up for a moment in that realization, but quickly calmed down, turning back to face him.

"Kaito Tomoyuki. I'm a third year at the academy."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum