Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Empty Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami]

Fri May 12, 2023 6:37 pm
Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] WXsZTdN
KOIZUMI SHISHIYUKI | FOUR-DEATH SNOW

It was in Shishiyuki's nature to keep up with all those who were part of the Koizumi family, even the branch families which did not bear the name. After all, their talents and abilities were certainly beneficial to the Koizumi on the whole, and it was entirely possible that one of them might take a place as one of the 108 dojos at any time.

Today, however, she wasn't especially interested in martial arts. She'd already been meaning to catch up with the head of the Furukawa, and that was before she'd heard the occasional idle chatter about something seeming a little off. She didn't tend to listen overmuch to gossip, but it was something she bore in mind even now, as she sat seiza in a waiting room at the Furukawa home. She didn't wish to be treated with to much special importance, and so she didn't mind waiting for Asami to be ready for her.

END POST | SAGE WHO KNOWS TEN THOUSAND WORDS

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Left_bar_bleue0/0Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Empty Re: Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami]

Sat May 13, 2023 12:43 am

Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] UWz8OeM
The Furukawa Clan

There were countless reasons why the head of the Koizumi would wish to make a personal call, most of which involved simple matters of tradition or administration, and yet Asami could not help but feel on edge when her mother informed her of their guest's arrival. Had her actions disgraced the family in some way? Perhaps her lack of progress in matters concerning her Zanpakuto spirit was finally being called into question. Or her failure to capitalise on advancement within the Fifth Division. There was also her defeat at the hands of Lord Niyagata. She was puzzled over what this meeting would concern.

Asami had nothing but the deepest of respect for the Lady Koizumi. Her guidance and wisdom had proven a comfort many times before when the young head of the house had struggled with the burdens of leadership. But right now she was wound up so tightly that she might snap if given a firm enough pull. After all, she had opened her heart to the world and it had stabbed a dagger into it that she was still wrestling to pull free - but how did one explain that to their boss? It was no enviable task.

Shishiyuki would not be waiting for all that long before eventually one of the servants showed her through to the main antechamber. The Furukawa did keep a small number of staff to tend to their modest estate, as they were themselves not a numerous bunch. Still, all three were in attendance today. Asami in the middle, with her sister close at her right-hand side and their mother to her left but pushed back against the far wall. Their mother did not carry the Koizumi blood, after all, so her presence here was only warranted out of respect for her deceased husband. All three bowed in sync as Shishiyuki entered the room, heads down low in a deep show of respect from the branch family, but it was Asami that spoke first.

"Welcome to the Furukawa Estate, Lady Koizumi. We are most honoured for the opportunity to host you today."

Thousand Thread Masterpieces | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Tue May 16, 2023 3:45 pm

Ah, well, despite Shishiyuki's ideal outcome, this was certainly still a very formal affair, wasn't it? Not that she minded the respect that was being shown to her, naturally, and she offered a deep bow in return at the greeting. Such a dutiful approach to this was, after all, a good manner for the Furukawa to put forward their courtesy and make a good impression.

"Thank you very much. But, please, I would not wish for this to be quite so formal. I hope you do not mind that I have come simply to see how you have been of late. I know work with the Gotei, particularly recently, has been rather busy, atop your duties as family head. It is only natural I worry after my niece in such circumstances, yes?"

The gentle smile she wore was one that few outside of the Koizumi and its branch families were ever given an opportunity to see. After all, around her family, she did not typically enjoy acting as the distant, detached Lady Koizumi. Far more often did she simply act as Aunt Shishiyuki, and that was all the more true now, when she had cast aside the veils of secrecy she'd worn for centuries.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Left_bar_bleue0/0Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu May 18, 2023 8:11 am

The Furukawa Clan

A certain amount of tension hung in the air as Shishiyuki made her innocent comment on the quality of this reception. Asami’s posture stiffening as she tried to appear more relaxed but ended up only looking more awkward and rigid. It was Asuka that broke the rising tide of unease with a quiet little laugh, which was met with a stare of daggers from her older sister but soon that icy gaze softened and returned to their dear Aunt.

“Of course, I apologise for any worry I have caused you. The Fifth Division has been in a tumultuous state for several years now. Captain Shuten did not appoint a Vice-Captain and it appears that Captain Hisakawa is taking a similar approach, so the higher seated officers are often kept very busy.”

That was certainly one reason why she was busy, the easy little excuse that was certainly not a lie but was also unlikely to be the reason that this meeting had been called. It would be quite remiss of her to assume that Shishiyuki would not be so well informed on her personal life, as both a Koizumi and Elyss Kishimoto’s Vice-Captain. She had not tried to keep her relationship entirely secret, a mistake for which she was now definitely kicking herself for.

“We— I am grateful for your concern. The Furukawa owe much to the continued support of the Koizumi family. But this will all pass in time, I am sure of it.”

Her voice betrayed her, alluding to a lack of any such confidence as she stumbled through those words. Few people could disarm Asami so thoroughly with only a smile, Shishiyuki was one of only two in that regard, but at least she did not have to worry about the second making an appearance.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 18, 2023 9:49 pm

Shishiyuki appreciated the levity brought by Asuka's quiet laugh, though of course her own composure was sufficient that she didn't laugh herself. She didn't wish to make Asami feel uncomfortable, of course.

"You certainly need not apologize. I understand that work within the Gotei can be stressful even in the most orderly of times, much less in a period such as this. I am admittedly surprised at his lack of vice captain, however."

Naturally, Shishiyuki would normally have recommended that Asami consider the position herself, but she didn't think that sort of stress would necessarily be good for her right now.

"I have no doubt that is the case, Asami. You are a strong woman, and it has been a joy to see you grow so much. However, please remember that I am always willing to lend an ear, yes? Both as head of the Koizumi, and simply as your family. My centuries of experience do little good if I cannot offer them to the younger generations, be it for professional or personal concerns."

The last thing she wished to do was actively press Asami on something obviously bothering her when her sister and mother were present, and simply offering that more private counsel felt a good approach. Besides, Shishiyuki did quite like her "niece." It would be nice to have her for tea.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 19, 2023 8:04 pm

The Furukawa Clan

"It is not for a Fifth Seat to inform the Captain on organisational structure. Not often enough that it is seen to be a habit, anyway."

Asami closed on the matter with just a little sass. She did not wish to act entitled, after all, and a promotion earned through anything short of her own personal merits was not one that she would accept. That was one reason why she had never tried to force the issue, the matter of personal readiness was much more private. Still, it seemed like there was more that Shishiyuki wished to pick at than just her rank. Which meant that she knew, and also meant that this was not going to be something Asami could just brush away.

"If there was ever a matter of strength or fortitude then I would not have hesitated to seek your counsel. But... Mmm. Perhaps you would join me for some tea and light refreshments?"

There was a note to her cadence, that pensive intake of breath as she paused for thought, that left the door open for Shishiyuki to deduce that Asami was indeed attempting to isolate the conversation somewhat. Still, though, Asami drove the point home rather resoundingly when she placed a hand on Asuka's lap and gave an entirely unsubtle squeeze. Which drew an eyebrow raise from the dainty woman before she went to retire.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 20, 2023 10:33 am

Matters of strength were certainly what Shishiyuki was most used to, when it came to her family asking her advice. Not that she minded that, of course. She was, after all, the highest master of hakuda in the Koizumi estate, and in that role she wished to ensure that others in her family grew as well. But these sorts of personal matters were also dear to Shishiyuki, and so she simply nodded with the same composed, understanding smile.

"Certainly. I would be quite glad to join you."

Admittedly, Shishiyuki knew that, despite her age, there were still those matters in which she was far from perfectly versed. But simply because she was not an endless font of all knowledge, that did not lessen her wisdom from having seen others go through life, alongside her own experiences. Did she fully understand every facet of Asami's troubles? No, of course not. None could but Asami herself. But it did not change her desire to offer whatever assistance she was able.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 22, 2023 4:40 am

Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] UzKbQHZ
Asami Furukawa

As the rest of her family made their excuses and left Asami and Shishiyuki to enjoy their tea, the Furukawa head invited her guest to join her in the garden. A table had already been laid out for them, cups ready to be poured once they were settled, as it was an eventuality that she had planned for. If nothing else, Asami was a woman that prepared for a dozen possible situations when it came to these little occasions.

"I used to be quite fond of unique tea blends, but my tastebuds have soured on them lately. It doesn't make any sense to me. One day I just stopped being able to enjoy them."

It was a guarded little statement, and yet one that did cut close to Asami's heart. She amazed herself with how vulnerable she had become, once so uptight and reserved and now left confounded by the taste of leaves in hot water. Her fascinator, ever-present as it was, remained mutedly still. It was not as lively as it once had been either, but perhaps that was simply because Asami herself had become far more expressive. Still, she sipped at her drink with the cautious optimism that this time might be different.

"I... Mmm. How do you deal with courtships? Ones that you have no vested interest in, but feel obligated to indulge because the other party has initiated matters."

Crimson Maiden | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 22, 2023 10:54 am

Such melancholy was certainly quite unlike Asami, and Shishiyuki knew that meant she ought to take a bit more reserved an approach than she might normally have. It would have been all too easy to lay out in no uncertain terms what the issue presumably was, but it would not be helpful, nor supportive. Instead, Shishiyuki studied the tea for a brief moment before taking a sip, and speaking in a quiet tone.

"Traditionally, I have given them nothing beyond the one thing which they are entitled to by way of courtesy; my ear. If they say nothing which would incline me to give them anything more, then I will consider that. But if you have no interest, then you are not obligated to give them anything."

It was cutting, certainly, but even in the days of more traditional nobility that was how Shishiyuki would have answered. Now, in this era where the politics and alliances of old were worth rather less, she felt that to be the case all the more strongly.

"Least of all when you are still emotionally vulnerable. Courtship is not simply some transaction, after all. It is a matter of your happiness. If you have no interest, you ought not allow theirs to take purchase. Not only do you then force yourself into a situation you have no interest in, the day will come that you must inevitably make it clear that you are disinterested. Having allowed courtship to go on past the earliest point, it will only be harder on you to make that much clear."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Rattling Winds [Shishiyuki, Asami] UzKbQHZ
Asami Furukawa

There was no immediate response from Asami as she absorbed what Shishiyuki was saying with all the detail that it deserved. It sounded so natural when she said it, a true bastion of nobility and poise as she was, and that weighed upon Asami. She had prided herself on wearing that same armour for so long, and now she felt as exposed as a naked babe. There was no one to blame for that but herself. Her own hubris. Her own weakness. So here she was picking at the scraps like a carrion vulture.

"But when am I to judge my interest? Is one meeting enough time to decide that they will not make a passable attempt? I... I feel like I should know these things, yet everything remains upside down and inside out."

She sighed, the dissatisfying bland taste of the tea offering no respite from her own admittance. Shishiyuki had invited the topic of discussion, and yet Asami still felt uncomfortable talking about it. Was there anyone that she could ever have this talk with and it wouldn't be awkward? Perhaps that was her own fault for building these walls. Whatever. She was tired of running.

"I feel like I lost my shot at happiness, and now all that's left is the acceptance of eventually settling for something else."

Crimson Maiden | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum