Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Empty Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana]

Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:34 pm
Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] HEADER_E7PKY6eUcAAZeFy

How long had it been since she'd been here? It felt like ages ago that she had been here at Byakuya's behest. She had to admit that the Captain Commander had not been what she'd expected, to say the least. What she'd heard of the position was .... interesting, but the history she'd garnered from working at the academy had certainly spelled out a tumultuous history. If nothing else, she was fortunate to have come to the Gotei when she did.

But here she was again, once again grasping at something she found herself grasping more and more. Responsibility. A sense of duty she couldn't quite explain, but one that had firmly planted itself in her core. And so she waited patiently, of course she'd had to call ahead to schedule the meeting, as approachable as the woman was, Murasaki was still the Captain Commander. It was only when the division member nearby spoke up to let her know the Commander was ready that Hisana perked up and gave a soft, friendly smile. A soft murmur of thanks before she made her way into the office.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Empty Re: Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana]

Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:32 am
Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] RPVR7bP
KAGAYAKU NO MURASAKI | CAPTAIN COMMANDER

There was a certain gravity to Murasaki's presence that wasn't normally there, an authority that seemed more in line with the position of Captain Commander than she typically tended to carry herself with. After all, the situation in Soul Society and on Earth meant there wasn't quite time to be as lighthearted as she usually was. Still, she wasn't so grim and dour that she couldn't greet a pleasant guest with a smile, and she gestured to the seat opposite her desk as she welcomed Hisana in.

"Nice to see ya again. Sorry it took a little bit. Things've obviously been a little busy around here."

She didn't need to explain anything to someone who was teaching at Shin'o, of course. Hisana had a better view of goings-on in the Seireitei than most people did, frankly.

END POST | THE WAY OF THE SWORD
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Empty Re: Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana]

Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:57 am

A soft warm smile graced Hisana's lips as she made note that, if nothing else, Murasaki was still able to give such a friendly look. She merely hoped that it was a representation of what was going on inside. Hopefully that smile was not just skin deep. Taking a seat, she gave a grateful nod of her head before speaking.

"I was a little worried how long it would take to get a hold of you. Honestly it was fairly quick compared to what I expected." She noted with a soft chuckle, sighing as she settled into her seat and took a moment to survey the woman. "Even at the Academy things have been a bit chaotic. You know how news travels. And a number of the students have grown restless hearing about the things going on in the world of the living. Though I can hardly blame them." She noted before gently folding her hands in her lap, a sigh escaping her before looking back up.

"I can admit. I can share their point of view just a little. It has been rather difficult to hear about what's been going on. It's difficult not to empathize with a lot of the students. They want to graduate as quickly as possible so that they can help, for some ..it's been a help. Motivation to imptove and to learn, but I'm a little worried that some of them might be getting a bit too ahead of themselves." She noted softly, the concern clear in her voice.

If there was anything that she had garnered a reputation for as a teacher, it was her students. She hadn't exactly expected it, but she'd grown rather fond of the academy students she'd come to teach, and the notion that some of them would be charging into danger perhaps unprepared was more than concerning.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Grasping a Vestige of Purpose [Murasaki, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:35 am

"Well, part of bein' a leader is making sure there's other people to handle things. I've got some of the best handling all this, so I can focus on the stuff only I can do."

It didn't exactly surprise Murasaki that a lot of the students were wanting to get more involved. Her own class all seemed more motivated than ever, but she always reminded them that just because they were ahead of the curve with their zanpakuto, that didn't mean they were ready for the field.

"I get what it's like. Doesn't always feel great when there's that sense you could be doing more. There's always the feeling of 'well, maybe if I'd been there, it'd have been enough to make a difference.' It sucks, and it sucks more to try and make people realize that they probably wouldn't have been able to change much."

Murasaki took a sip of umeshu before sighing herself at the situation. It was such a mess, but short of just stepping in and drawing her sword at every issue in the way, she didn't think there was much she could do to solve all their problems.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:11 am

Hisana smiled softly at that and nodded. She certainly wondered how things were with the Commander's classes. She admittedly didn't HAVE advanced students. Hollow studies didn't exactly work that way. It certainly was interesting to think about though. But of course, looking up to the Commander herself, Hisana couldn't help but then wonder. How hard it must be for the woman, who no doubt...perhaps COULD have changed such things, at least in some way, must have felt. And she herself wondered what she might have done.

"There's something admirable about their innocence. And their desire to want to help. I admit, some of them even surprised me. " She noted, certainly a few of the more quiet types had become suddenly a bit more loud and enthused with their classes. Shinigami certainly were an interesting type.

Even so, hearing that soft sigh of frustration from the woman, she got at least a sense of what was probably frustrating the woman. Well, no use beating about the bush.

"When we first spoke to eachother, I asked you how it was that I could repay you for offering me sanctuary. I've greatly enjoyed being able to serve as a Teacher, but given recent events. I can't help but feel that I could still be doing more." She noted softly, her mind briefly shifting to .... her sister. And the stress she'd been under with all of these issues, only added with the incident at the hospital.

"I would like to help more directly. I was hoping to get your thoughts on the idea of me joining the Gotei as a substitute Shinigami."
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:03 pm

Murasaki could only blink in faint surprise at the question Hisana had posed to her. Well, honestly, it shouldn't have been that surprising at all. Why would it be? Hisana had been exceptionally good-natured since she'd arrived in Soul Society, to say nothing of helpful as a teacher. If anyone wanted to be a substitute shinigami, Murasaki was plenty willing to accomodate, and this was a pretty good candidate.

"I think it sounds like a pretty good idea, if you think you're up for it. I imagine gettin' you an asauchi shouldn't be too hard with how you've been so far, though at the same time, someone'll probably have to accompany you for a while just to make sure it's all good."

As much as she would have liked to just give the okay and call it a day, Murasaki was plenty aware that she couldn't so easily just wave off a proper probationary period. They didn't just take in substitute shinigami off the street, no matter how much it might have seemed that way to some. Every substitute in the Gotei had some reason or another for having that position.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:02 pm

The surprise on the woman's face certainly was new to see on the Commander's features. A soft smile forming on her features as she felt a well of confidence in her. She of course understood that she was a valuable member of the soul society. If nobody else, Murasaki had always seemed to have faith in her ability to contribute to the soul society. Something which frankly, helped keep her grounded. There were a lot of ....uncertainties in her life. The mental state of her sister. The well-being of her students. The incident in the Rukongai when she had first come to this place. But this was something she could rely on.

"I imagined as much. I understand of course, it will take a bit of adjusting for some." She noted softly, having personally met the new Captain, she had a feeling that there were some that would look upon her joining with disgust.

"I imagine that the Seventh Division would be the ideal place for me. I admit, I haven't actually met the Captain of the Seventh Yet, nor the Lieutenant. Is there anything I should know ahead of time?" She asked with a soft and sheepish smile. A gentle query. After all, what little she knew of the pair. Elyss was .... not a friendly sort. Who knew how she would take to the soft spoken arrancar. Shishiyuki was a bit more of a mystery. she was a noble, and that could be a mixed bag. She would not allow anything to discourage her, but it never hurt to ask what she might be in for.
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:47 am

"It probably will, but I don't think it should be too much of a problem or anything. Especially in 7th, a lot of the other substitutes are already there anyway so they can probably help you get adjusted really well. As far as I know they're all really accomodating and stuff."

Of course, Murasaki could have gushed at length about what a nice guy her boyfriend was, but she didn't exactly want to do that when this was still, ultimately, a serious discussion. Sure, she fully expected Alastor to be a helpful figure for someone like this, but that didn't mean she was just gonna brag about him over any of the others.

"Well, I dunno how well you'll get along on like a personal level with Captain Kishimoto. She and I are good friends, but she's a little...prickly? Yeah. She's kinda tough but she always means well, and she's not the type to judge. Vice Captain Koizumi is, er..."

That was a little more difficult for Murasaki to actually put to words. She had her own issues with Shishiyuki that weren't really fair to bring into an assessment like this, and even then, it wasn't like they'd been going unaddressed. She sipped her drink again as she tried to think of what the right thing to say here was, before speaking once more.

"She seems to like her job a lot. I know people have said she's a lot more friendly lately, and she definitely seems to have come out of her shell a lot. I know she's pretty meritocratic so I wouldn't worry about her having issues with you."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:12 am

Hisana chuckled softly, a warm smile gracing her lips as she gently folded her hands infront of her and took a moment to imagine. The Substitute shinigami were always an interesting sort, a sort of ...divide sometimes formed between those students from the rukongai and those from earth. Some of them had great interest in those that were familiar with the world of the living, others shunned them or found reasons to distance themselves. Individuals who, unlike those in the rukongai, actually HAD experience with hollows, and so they tended to do well and pay more attention in her class. Yes, she felt that it would be a good fit. "I think I agree with you there." She hummed.

The subject of the Captain and Lieutenant certainly caused her to tilt her head, and that smile softened to admiration as she noticed the shift in the woman's expression. "I'm glad to hear that at least. I understand that there's a possibility... no it's probably inevitable to find some in the squad I perhaps won't get along with. But so long as I'm able to serve in the interest of the Gotei and the squad, I won't mind that." She noted softly, her eyes shifting to a slow close as her thoughts drifted to her sister. And a budding hope flowered, that perhaps those sorrows in her sibling might be eased but a little. If not with happiness, then at least....perhaps with pride in Hisana?

She opened her eyes and her expression firmed just a little, as if to return her thoughts back to the moment. "I want to thank you, Commander. Not just for accepting my request, but I honestly feel muc better with someone such as yourself at the helm of the Gotei. I'll do everything I can to make you proud of your decision." She noted firmly, that same warm conviction shining through as she exuded something rare for her: confidence.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum