Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen]

Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:35 am
KEI SAIONJI

Kei now understood one thing about Igen. She didn't have much else to teach him. He already knew Shunkō—which was an advanced technique in and of itself. Kei only knew of the technique through obscure writings and theorized proposals. It wasn't something she ever imagined she'd see. Plus, seeing it from her equal was impressive and disheartening. She was only knowledgeable in Kidō—and possibly not more knowledgeable than Igen.

Kei had a split-second to decide how to react—and she had to fight her instincts. It cost her some "points" for this match. She braced herself and cast one of her modified Kidō without the incantation. "Daishō." This was perhaps her simplest Kidō modification. Shō was a simple blast of force directionalized by an indicator—usually the caster's finger. Daishō was Kei deciding not to need to directionalize. A blast of force erupted from all directions around Kei like a bubble bursting.

It wasn't enough to stop Igen's assault fully. It, rather than Igen's kick, shattered the ice. It also slowed Igen enough for her to not go flying. She skid along the ground like a backwards skier and stumbled backwards to the point of almost falling. That would have been an opening for an opponent. J would scold me for that. After regaining her balance and breath, Kei held out a hand. "One moment before we continue."

Kei took one more deep breath and returned the spar to what this actually was—a lesson. "That was an excellent move. However, against someone who can fight you head-on, you may want to obscure your approach. While freezing my legs was the correct move, your approach afterward was predictable. Consider using Sekienton as a cover while you activate your Shunkō. With your constant-release type Zanpakutō, it may confuse your opponent into thinking you have an ice-type."

Kei rubbed where Igen's kick sent her backwards. She used some minor Kaidō to lower the ache, but not the bruising. Bruises were a secondary concern. "Also... Watch out on using Kaidō in the middle of combat. It can be fairly taxing, and it shows your opponent where you've been injured—if it's not an obvious wound."

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen]

Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:41 am
First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_23

That outward burst certainly caused a brow to raise, and for just a moment, Igen was about to follow up! That pink reiryoku FLARING up along his shoulders! That bankai-level burst of energy freezing across the field, before pausing when Kei suddenly called out a pause! That howling cold vanishing almost completely on the slot as he gave a sheepish smile and promptly jogged over to where she was.

"That was awesome! You really got some great reflexes! I didn't really recognize that spell either.." He murmured thoughtfully, pausing when she took a moment to add a bit of a lesson to the exchange. He paused for a moment and furrowed his brows. He KNEW that that made sense, but he was hardly gonna use something like that in a spar like this. Hmmm. Especially since it felt a little too sneaky. "I guess that makes sense. But I usually try not to limit people TOO much. I'll sneak on a mission, but not usually with spars. After all, what am I gonna learn if I just knock you out with a surprise attack." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh! I wasn't using active Kaido. It's my own little special move. It's a burst of Kaido energy that I pump through my body if I know I'm about to be injured. That way, I can tank a hit, and instantly get the wound sealed up and mended, or at least stable. Then I can eat a hit, and then secure a heavy hit. Pluus uh... its also useful if I don't know how strong a hit's going to be. Kind of an insurance thing. But I'll try and remember that." He murmured, certainly he did use that kind of thing a lot. Hmmm, Kaido really DID take a loft of energy. He'd certainly noticed how quickly he got worn out when helping out in the infirmary.

"I also was wondering. You seem pretty great with Kido. But wouldn't it have been easier to use Hakuda to break the ice?" He ventured. After all, that didn't need an incantation to use with full force. He was curious what her thoughts were on such moves.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:13 pm
KEI SAIONJI

"I have a few personalized Kidō up my sleeve. Both the blasts I hit you with as I surrounded you with Hyapporankan and that one are both among them." Kei would not elaborate further. Igen didn't need to know the specifics yet, and she wasn't about to explain just how two of her best moves worked. This wasn't an anime where explaining your moves made it stronger. That was instilled in her by the anonymity provided by the Kidōshū.

Igen had a lot of surprises about him. Shunkō? A constant-release-type Zanpakutō? And a prepared Kaidō? If Kei wasn't so sure of her skill as a manager of a large household, the only thing she'd have over Igen in this provisional 3rd Seat competition would be her Kidō. And even that was showing as not as wide of a gap as she expected.

"Hakuda may have been better, yes." Kei reluctantly admitted. With a sigh, she decided to tell the truth to Igen. "I could go on to explain that it was entirely because I needed a two-pronged approach of defense and utility... but that's only part of the truth." It was her natural instinct to tell that version of events. That it was obviously just better to use Kidō was her methodology for most situations. "My skill, or rather lack of skill, in Hakuda almost cost me graduating on time. I've never had a need to practice it either. I was recruited by the Kidōshū immediately upon graduation, and since then I've been doing Kidō-related work since. So while, yes, Hakuda might have been the better choice, my Hakuda would not have been. I think I would have been sent into that wall had I not used Daishō."

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0First Division Ferocity! [Kei/Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:01 am

Igen paused for a moment at that and tilted his head slightly as he made note of the woman's explanation. Huh, she had no skill in Hakuda? Well, not like that was actually super rare anyway. A fair number of Shinigami really didn't seem to use it much at all. "Huh, weird. But still, I guess that's not a huge issue in most cases. Still, if you were interested I'd be happy to try and tutor you a little." He noted with a simple smile. Of course he was hardly going to be pushy about it. But if Kei wanted to improve herself then he'd be all ofr helping her in that endeavor. "Or if you really would just prefer to just use Kido, I can still help with that too! Always helps to have someone you can test yourself against to keep trying to improve." He pointed out enthusiastically,

All the same, he brushed himself off and slowly stretched his fame. The backless shuhakusho showing the brief flex of smooth muscle as he let out a bit of a grunt. "Whew! Alright! That was pretty fun! Did you wanna keep going or call it there?" He ventured with a bit of a bounce in his step, clearly ready to keep throwing down!
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:05 pm
KEI SAIONJI

Kei didn't like the thought of learning Hakuda. Again. She didn't like it in the academy, she didn't like it when J tried to teach her, and she doubted she'd like it even if Igen was the one teaching. This wasn't because she was some fragile maiden who didn't like getting her hands dirty. I mean, she didn't but that's beside the point. Kei didn't like Hakuda because it felt wrong to her. Her own reiryoku didn't like the idea of being used in such a manner. Sure, she could force it, but she'd heard stories about what happens when people push too much Reiryoku through themselves...

"I will keep your offer of Hakuda training in mind." That was the nice way Kei said "no thanks." Kei had no strong feelings on whether to keep going. On the one hand, it was invigorating to let loose some. On the other, it was meant to be a teaching moment, and she couldn't find much else to teach. "Up to you, really. I don't really know if there's anything more I can teach you without being like my brother. I could comment on stance, enunciation, et cetera, but that's never fun."

"But if you're wanting to continue, I'll be releasing my Zanpakutō as well." Kei would not espouse on why she felt the need to warn Igen. To her, it was twofold. One, she wasn't exactly the best with her Zanpakutō. Two, her Zanpakutō was seemingly built to go against in-fighters like Igen. The less he knew, the better.

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:33 pm

Igen paused for a moment at that and nodded slowly, tapping his chin for a few moments as he considered things. Though a soft smile did form on his face eventually. "Hah, I always did have a bit of a shaky stance at times. Kinda why I wound up learning so much about Kido. Buh, I never really did put a lot of stock into some stuff I probably should have. Buh...I'm really slow for example." He noted with a light chuckle, pausing so that he could glance at Kei and then light up. "I think you could really benefit from some Hoho training then! I'm not actually sure how good you are with it. But you didn't really seem to use it much. And I think it would accent your style very well. After all, having a means of escape is sometimes better than defense. After all, you don't have to be strong enough to endure an attack if it doesn't hit you. I kinda get by just being very sturdy. Though I really do envy people who are really fast." He hummed thoughtfully.

He glanced at the woman's zanpaku'to, tilting his head ever so slightly before tapping his chin. "Hmmmm, well if you're not feeling all that up to it we can call it there. Get a bit of rest and all that. Then we can do it again once we've had time to rest up."
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:41 pm
KEI SAIONJI

Igen made a very astute observation. No, she hadn't used her Hohō. It was something she kept in her back pocket. She liked playing the part of a solitary, immobile target. It got the opponent confident. Buuuut in this case she honestly forgot to use any. "I probably could brush up on it some... I had some skill in Hohō back in the day, but it was, as you said, more of a means of escape. I think nowadays, I'm about as good with my Zanpakutō as I am with Hohō." And that's not saying much is what Kei left unsaid, but only barely.

Kei nodded to his suggestion of taking a break. "Sounds good." Kei found a stone to use as a seat and sat down. She rested her polearm against it and had to adjust it more than once to keep it from falling. "Judging even from that small bit of a spar, I think the two of us would work well together—at least ability-wise. I can provide battlefield control and drive an opponent to one area... and then you come in and take advantage of openings I create."

Kei then spent some time going over various battle plans she was thinking of—a tag-team style of fighting that would have Kei using all sorts of Kidō to break down or corner an opponent and Igen performing the last rites. Only a few had the roles reversed. "Igendai, what do you do in your spare time? I can't imagine it's all training all day... even my brother has hobbies outside of brooding and training."

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:46 pm

Igen smiled at that and was rather pleased to see that she seemed fine with just relaxing! Which was good, honestly, because he wasn't sure how he felt about going all out against the woman after all that. He was kinda in a more...thoughtful mood after that whole conversation. Still, he promptly made his way over and sat beside the woman, a sigh escaping him as he relaxed, allowing the tension to escape him before glancing toward her when she asked that question. One that uh, he kinda didn't expect.

"Uh, my spare time?" He echoed, rubbing the back of his neck for a moment as he thought for a moment. "This and that. I hang out with friends. Train. Spend time with my Zanpaku'to. I don't really have as much as I used to anymore with everything going on. I used to enjoy going out to the world of the living before things got so busy." He noted with a sheepish chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck and sighing just a little as he closed his eyes. He certainly never expected to be in a situation like this. He'd kinda just presumed he would stay a low, maybe medium seated member.
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:14 pm
KEI SAIONJI

Kei... thought that was a bit sad. Sad in the same sense that her brother was sad, but sad nonetheless. Kei believed everyone should have one or two hobbies. She had a few of her own. She liked calligraphy and flower arranging, for instance. Sure, they were calm activities, but they still were something she enjoyed. Kei was also the type to count her chasing after women as a hobby—though only with 50% seriousness behind it. So it was that she found someone who didn't seem to have a hobby a bit sad.

Kei wasn't going to interrogate the man on who his friends were, nor did she want to talk about training anymore. So, she latched onto the final part of his answer. "I've only been to the World of the Living twice. Once during the academy, and again on a quick leisure trip with someone I was seeing at the time. She took me to a beach that we thought we'd enjoy... Turns out we hit it at the peak of tourist season, and it was far from enjoyable. Worst sunburn I've ever had." Kei chuckled lightly. "Once things calm down, I say the two of us try to make some time and go to the World of the Living. You definitely have to know more interesting places than I do."

Tsubine's Character List
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:21 pm

Igen raised a brow, utterly unaware of Kei's disappointment, and rather simply brightened at the mention of the world of the living. Maybe he shouldn't mention that the last few trips there had been to the wastelands to train.

"Oh that's awesome!! I admit I've never really dated much, but a trip to the world of the living with someone sounds really nice for a date. Maybe I should ask if Kyo wants to take a trip sometime..." He murmured. Had Kyo even been to the world of the living? Hmmm, something to ask the man at some later time no doubt. However, he WAS a bit surprised at the offered trip!

And uh, admittedly, somewhere out there, he could almost FEEL the narrowing of their Lieutenant's eyes at the notion of BOTH of them going to take some trip. Yea, definitely something that'd have to happen when....IF things ever calmed down. "That'd be awesome! I'm not exactly an expert I admit. But I'm sure we'd find some cool stuff to enjoy."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum